Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• richzrichz Member Posts: 160
    Fantastic, did you buy or lease? How do you know MACO is $480?
  • shazi00shazi00 Member Posts: 13
    After placing the order for 2013 328i, i recently received an email from my dealer stating that they are having a problem ordering because the order is now a 2014 and the system is only giving them option for wood instead of aluminum. (I ordered the aluminum on the base 328i)

Looking up the specs online for 2014, they have removed the aluminum trim from base 328i and now walnut wood is standard with a base MSRP price increase of $250 and a couple of added features. Do you guys think they;ll give me the 2014 without asking for anymore money ?

I am really hoping they do because of the updated NAV which is priced the same as before.

Also one more question for all the 328i owners, the specs state:

For 328i; Power-adjustable folding exterior mirrors with automatic-dimming function

For 320i; Power-adjustable, manually folding exterior mirrors

Does this mean all 328s have power folding standard by pressing the button right next the mirror adjustments ?

Thanks
  • sevenawaysevenaway Member Posts: 31
    Can someone provide the residual/MF on 36mo 15K lease on 2013 328i xDrive?
  • theeegodtheeegod Member Posts: 53
    edited August 2013
    Is your statement really true?

I put about 15-20K per year traveling and want to get a 2013 320xi w/ cold weather package and AWD. I am in the tri-states/northeast area.

Would it be better if I leased or bought? I am not so great with math and would definitely like some input from all the wise folk on here!!
  • zoombie99zoombie99 Member Posts: 320
    When did you order the car? They stopped building 2013 328 series sometime in June I think. The dealer misled you if they told you they could order the car after June.
    BMW 2019 540x Bluestone
    BMW 2019 Glacier Silver X3 30i being built to replace a 2017 X3 (wife's)
  • bmw_cool_guybmw_cool_guy Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

I'm hoping whether someone could help me by informing me if this is a good deal or not. I'll try to supply all the numbers I know (some key figs might be missing).

2013 320 X Drive
    Imperial Blue
    Beige Dakota Leather
    Wood grain int
    Premium Pkg
    Navi
    Heated seats
    MSRP: $43,825

Total down $2700 (w/$1k driving event + turn key; about $2k represents cap cost)
    $425/mo.
    10k miles/yr (I don't drive much)
    Taxes are at 9%

I don't have the exact numbers on residual. I heard they went down 4 points last month, only to get better by a point this month. I'm thinking it's 60%.
  • flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    What Money Factor are they quoting you? Also what is the sale price of the X3?
  • theeegodtheeegod Member Posts: 53
    What's a good price for a 2013 320x drive w/ cold weather and lights package? Looking to lease for 36mos with 15K miles per year in the NJ/NY area. I currently have a mercedes, but its lease won't be up till Nov/Dec. Will a BMW dealer take the mercedes early? Thanks/
  • xtiantxtiant Member Posts: 2
    My lease is up on my 2011 328i Coupe. I paid 496/mo for 36 mo. Cap cost was $38356. Residual Value is $26260. Returning car with only 9k miles and normal wear and tear.

Interested in leasing a 2013 328i Sedan. Black, moonroof, no navigation.

They quoted:

MSRP: $38825
    Residual: $24848
    Money factor .000121
    O down
    $420 mo incl tax for 36 mo
    10k mileage yr

Is this a good deal? I need to make a decision today!

Thanks!
    After a week of back and forth, here is the deal on the table.

36mo / 12k year
    MSRP 48,425
    Sales Price - 42,850 (includes $2,500 of incentives)
    Money factor - .00071 (.0012 base - 7 MSDs)
    Monthly $446

1/2 of me says there is still money on the table and 1/2 of me says we both made out. One concern is seeing a bigger incentive come up around Labor Day as more 2014s hit the lots.

Thoughts?
  • xtiantxtiant Member Posts: 2
    I talked them down to:

2013 328i Black Sedan - Moonroof, basic interior, leather etc...

No money down

390 mo for 36 mos

10k mileage yr

Did I do ok?
  • atsor3atsor3 Member Posts: 10
    Does the $446 include sales tax? What's the payment before tax?
    $446 includes tax. Taxes are paid upfront in NJ.
  • comfortzonescomfortzones Member Posts: 37
    With the model just hitting dealerships, has anyone had any purchase or leasing experience with the 2014 3-Series GT?
  • joelk01joelk01 Member Posts: 56
    I pay taxes on my lease in NJ each month. I didn't pay them upfront.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,182
    Generally, in NJ, taxes on leases are paid upfront. As in most states that have similar rules, that amount can be rolled into your CAP cost, which effectively spreads it out over your monthly payments..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• harry96harry96 Member Posts: 3
    i have lease offer for a 2013 328xi MSRP 45,645$. I think the gave the sale price as 43700$ with 2500$ in rebates including a 1000$ graduate discount.

I also took tire insurance for 1300$ for 3 years.

The dealer is quoting : 3500$ down.
    459$ a month
    and 3 payments of 428 on my cc.
    Residual is : 28720$.
    Rent charge is 3200$.

Is this a fair deal . should i take it .
    In regards to your number they are way off..

The 2500 in rebates and 1000 for grad discounts how are they being applied.

What is the money factor? What is the residual percentage they are quoting you?

so the dealer is giving you $3500 in discounts, how is that being applied? Plus they want $3500 out of pocket? What insurance are they getting you to buy? How long is this lease for and how many miles a year?
  • aideneaidene Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm new to this forum and was wondering if I can get some help from this amazing forum. I'm looking to buy 320 w/ heated front seats, Nav, Power front seats - which bmwusa.com config quoted me $37670. I'm a grad student, and was hoping to get the lowest possible price. A lot of you have mentioned rebates and incentives - is this something that can be applied to everyone? or is it something that is only available to those who have participated in events? Can I also ask the dealer to apply these incentives/rebates? Also, I'm planning to pay in full at signing - would this affect the price of the vehicle at all? Also, anybody know a good dealer in the Bay Area? Thanks for all the help in advance.
  • jh0808jh0808 Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2013
    Does anyone have any experience with this? I have been told by the dealer that retired loaners qualify for new vehicle leasing programs (since they have never been titled). I am looking at a 328i sport line. However, the dealer is marking up the MF from .00121 to .00141 and not accepting the $1,000 build out incentive or $1,000 ultimate drive incentive. Is this to be expected? Or should I be fighting for the lower MF and one or both of the credits? Here is the current offer:

2013 328i Sport Line (fairly well optioned)
    MSRP - $47,595
    $910.95 mileage adjustment (has 6,600 miles on it)
    Selling Price - $40,100
    Residual - 28,122 61%
    36 months/15k miles
    4,000 down (includes paying 1,050 in fees out of pocket)
    Payment of $353, but I think it can still be better.
    Oh, and we are in Oregon, so no tax.

Any advice is appreciated.
  • utexas06utexas06 Member Posts: 55
    Your best bet for getting the lowest price possible is to find a 2013 that is in stock with the features you want. If you want to order a 2014 to specs then the dealer will not the discount the car as much. Below are the cash incentives that I'm aware of.

$1,000 BMW Build-Out Credit: Available to anyone
    $500 BMW Loyalty Cash: Current BMW Owners or Leasees only
    $1,000 BMW Ultimate Driving Experience: Must have attended event and provided with code for use.
    $1,000 Recent College Grad Incentive: Graduated within the previous 12 months OR you are eligible to graduate within the next 4 months and have a verifiable offer of employment.

It seems like you'd be eligible for the Build-Out Credit and College Grad Incentive if you've graduated from undergrad in the last 12 months or plan to graduate from grad school in 4 months which might be unlikely. Find a dealer that might be advertising a car at invoice or as close as possible and then negotiate applying whichever incentives you qualify for. If they are not quoting a price with that much of a discount then you need to ask for invoice or $500 above invoice, minus the incentives.
  • comfortzonescomfortzones Member Posts: 37
    Hoping that you see this message and can respond, Car Man.

Are there any August lease numbers available for the new 2014 328i GT? 36 months and 12k miles.

On another note, is there a reliable source anywhere on the internet for obtaining dealer holdback data and other hidden profits from the manufacturer? Is buying a Consumer Reports buyer report reliable? This is always a big question in our minds when we negotiate a new lease.
    just a FYI, since the GT is brand new and just hitting the dealers, even if you could find holdbacks and such, I highly doubt any dealer would go lower than MSRP for a while, the GT. Until someone post other wise, to get a ballpark lease number, use .00127 for MF and 57%, this seems to be the standard for a 328i sedan.
  • shazi00shazi00 Member Posts: 13
    Thanks for the clarification.

The dealer infact did order me a 2014 328i with the options I wanted. The car cost me $37,400. So im hoping on delivery they don't start to mess around with the numbers again since the 2014 is $250 more than 2013 model. And looking at the new residuals which are actually lower than the residual i got at 61%.
  • puffinalongpuffinalong Member Posts: 32
    You're not going to get any break on a GT for a while.
  • nickm1979nickm1979 Member Posts: 10
    Is this a good deal for a BMW 3 series?
  • rabadashrabadash Member Posts: 11
    Yes. That's a fabulous deal on a 2014 335xi, providing it is an out-the-door final price on a purchase. Way to go! (I bought a 335i sedan in May.) You'll need some of your negotiated savings to pay for future speeding tickets. :-)
    its for 3 years and 36000 miles.

i do not know what the money factor is .
    the tire insurance is also included in the numbers along with 3 payments on my cc. its for 12k and 36000 miles.
  • nick81nick81 Member Posts: 8
    On the hunt for a 2013 335. I've looked at the inventory online at local dealerships and the stock generally has been low for the last few months since I've been looking and is even lower at this point. I figure they're not replinishing 2013 inventory due to the 2014's rolling out soon. Does anyone have a sense of whether I could simply order a 2013 from a dealership, or are they only ordering 2014's now? Not sure how far I need to expand the search if the only way to get a 2013 is to find one currently in inventory at a dealership. Also, if you can still order a 2013, any thoughts on whether to expect the same deal on a car that is ordered by the dealer as opposed to a car sitting on their lot in current inventory would be appreciated. Thanks!
  • rabadashrabadash Member Posts: 11
    I had to order my 335i because American dealers don't stock manual transmissions, and I wanted specific stuff. The dealership placed my order in the Munich production queue the next day. If I were you, I'd sit down with someone in management at a dealership and ask when production shifts to 2014's. I expect the cut-off to be soon, but I'm only assuming. My order was placed on April 4th, and took delivery on May 16th. That's amazingly fast for a custom build. You can follow things along on BMW's website, so you'll know when it enters production, when it leaves the plant, when it's on its way over, and when it arrives at the dealership. Pretty cool. Lot's of negotiating room on production orders. Dealers seem to like transactions that don't involve having to carry a vehicle on their lot. Good luck!
    It's the end of Aug, only 2014 are being built.
  • rbirgerbirge Member Posts: 7
    My local BMW dealership just received their first shipment of two 328d's. I am interested in them, given the fact that they are averaging close to 50-60mpg. Does anyone have any current experience with Prices Paid, Invoice pricing, Current BMW Diesel incentives (that could possibly stack with the ones mentioned earlier in this thread)? I am going to drive it today to see how it compares. Today I have a 2006 325i with almost 150k miles. Thinking this might be worth the change, if the ride is nice, and the price is good. Thoughts?
  • rbirgerbirge Member Posts: 7
    It looks like there aren't many incentives for the 328d. Here is what I found from BMW Dreyer and Reinbold in Indianapolis:

$1500- Build Out cash is not available for any 2014, which is what all of these are
    $3500- Eco Credit is not applicable, even though the 335d, X5d, and 3 Series Hybrid had this (not sure if this is forever, or just since it is brand new).
    They were only willing to give me $500 as a BMW customer today

Anyone experiencing anything different than this?
  • tomy3tomy3 Member Posts: 46
    Carman,

I have been quoted a money for of .00165 for a 2013 BMW 328i Conv. Is this the best rate for those with very good credit scores?
  • jasonmdbmwjasonmdbmw Member Posts: 117
    2013 production ended in June for Germany production and July for South Africa. Only MY14 can be ordered now
    Nope that is all correct. AH3 has $3500 ECO credit on them for MY14
    Top tier buy rate is .00125
    Thanks for the responses on availability of 2013 335i's. I got a quote from a dealer for a 2013 335i xDrive with the Tech Pkg. MSRP is $51,645 and he's quoting $3,800 under that ($47,800). Strikes me as about as good as I'm going to find, but was wondering if anyone had any recent experiences/thoughts on whether I should be haggling for more of a cut or if this is about as good a deal as I can expect at this point. Thanks again!
    Another way to ask my question above that would probably be more helpful is to clarify that the dealer is essentially quoting me the invoice price (based on my building out the same car, invoice is $47,700 vs. the $47,800 they are asking for). Was wondering how much below invoice I could expect to get at this point on the 2013 335i xdrive with the 2014's coming out.
    There is still $1000 build out cash on 2013's so you can get under invoice. How much depends on if the dealer will give some of it up
  • fourthbmwfourthbmw Member Posts: 9
    If you are a member of or Join USAA Auto Insurance. Its free. you can get another $1,000.00 off the deal. I did. I joined, they sent me an conformation e-mail that I presented to the dealer and received the $1k discount, plus the $1k previous owner discount.
  • audieddyaudieddy Member Posts: 52
    edited August 2013
    Shopped at least 4 dealers in the MA and CT area. Have a USAA membership which gets you 1500 off incentive and used pricing service to get a "quote" from two which range from $4400 to $5000 off.

I dealt with the one dealer who orginally came in at 374 a month. Called and disscussed I needed payment reduced per my math. Was able to get down to $350 a month with tax + $1560 out of pocket and $2450 for 7 security deposits. By lowering the rate with multiple security deposits I saved about $30 a month or $360 a year (about a 14% annualized return on the $2450). And you get the security deposits back when you return lease or buy car.

So this is how the deal worked- salesperson said I got the $1,000 build out incentive + $1,500 USAA discount.

MSRP $41,325 (2013 328ix Alpine white w/ just moonroof and front heated seats)
    Price sold for: we didn't really say, but this only works with $35,500 sale price or $5,825 off MSRP)
    Residual: $25,208 (61%)
    Term/Mileage: 36 month/15k
    money factor: .00072 (.00121- .00049 for 7 MSDs)
    acquisition fee: $725
    dealer fee, title and registration fees: $425

Monthly payment: $350 ($329 + $21 taxes)
    out of pocket at signing: $1,564 which includes first month payment of $350
    Multiple refundable security deposits: $2450

Can't say how much I appreciate the info on this forum. Signing papers tomorrow.
  • audieddyaudieddy Member Posts: 52
    Just and update on the above deal for $350 a month $1,564 out of pocket if you are trying to replicate it. Signed all papers today and the dealer kept to the deal. However, they indicated that the USAA incentive for a lease was only $500, but they had done the lease math believing it was a $1500 rebate. While they pointed it out to this error to me, they were decent enough to keep all the other numbers the same and lowered the selling price (with the $500 rebate) to $35,281 to make the lease work. Not sure about other BMW sales people, but other dealers would probably have told me I would have to come up with another 1k to make them whole. Anyway, pick up the car Tuesday and it did close.
  • ingonutsingonuts Member Posts: 2
    Is this a good deal? Thinking of going owners choice here

Msrp $52750
    Negotiated price after rebates $47700
    Residual 10K = 63%, 12K = 62%
    Tax $2489
    Tag doc etc fees $400

Minus $8900 for a trade in car

$41,625 final price

Owners choice 4%interest 10k $388/month 12k $408/month
    Lease 10k $410/month 12k $430/month
  • nick139nick139 Member Posts: 5
    Hello Folks..Just came across a pre-owned 2013 328i deal. It has 21000 miles in ~1yr and it was sold to the dealer in a Manufacturer Vehicle Auction. It is Lux line+Prem Pack+Tech Pack+Cold weather pack+Lighting pack+Driver Assis Pack and the dealer has very good price tag on the vehicle. Any suggestions/experience with Manufacturer Vehicle? I really love the deal, however, I am not familiar with Manufacturer Vehicle handling..?? Are 21000miles/yr too much? Is it a good call to buy the vehicle..? Any suggestions would be appreciated..!! I'm California.
  • johnnymacgkjohnnymacgk Member Posts: 1
    I want the car with all of the packages (tech, m sport, etc). MSRP is 59k. Invoice is 54.4k. What's realistic?
  • twmarktwmark Member Posts: 41
    seems like a great deal but we don't know what your trade in is really worth
  • twmarktwmark Member Posts: 41
    what is ah3?
    ActiveHybrid3