Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• konacougkonacoug Member Posts: 196
    This is a terrible deal!!! You should be able to get a new 2013 328i for at least $1000 under invoice with the current incentives that are out there. I would think that a "fair price" for a used car would be about 31K. The warranty has already started on this vehicle, whenever the vehicle was "punched" by the dealer. It also depends on which area in the country you live in, on the availability of deals.
  • sony6sony6 Member Posts: 2
    I am planning to lease a 320 i, 2014, Black BMW with heated seats, moonroof and wood trim for $600 down and $400 monthly. The lease is for 3 yrs with 10K/yr, is this a good deal?
    MF.00125 and RV 63%. I live in NC.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,111
    What are the MSRP and selling price that gets you to the $400/MO?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• sony6sony6 Member Posts: 2
    MSRP 35,525
    Selling price 33515
    On the surface, it looks to be a good deal. My co-host kyfdx can also weigh in with his opinion as he has the particulars behind any BMW lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• mamdanimamdani Member Posts: 4
    To HOSTs,

What are the current MF and residual for 2013 and 2014? I noticed on the 5 series the residual is way higher on 2014 (additional 6%) negating any benefit of the build out incentive ($3K) for 5 series. So I would like to compare both years and decide if i should take the 2013.

328i sedan:

2013 MF & residual 12K and 10K leases
    2014 MF & residual 12K and 10K leases

thanks in advance.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    2013 328i Sedan 36mo, 12K/yr
    .00125 MF and 58% residual $2000 build out cash and $500 owner loyalty

2014 328i Sedan 36mo, 12K/yr
    .00125 MF and 60% residual $750 option credit cash and $500 loyalty

Add 1% for 10K/yr residuals

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• amroamro Member Posts: 3
    2014 328i xDrive Sedan. CUSTOM ORDER.

MSRP is $50,875 dealer's selling price is $47,000 (7.6% off MSRP)

What do you guys think?
    Also, I keep hearing "Build Out Credit"......how does that work?

Thanks,
  • zoombie99zoombie99 Member Posts: 320
    The credit comes off MSRP. You should be paying around 500 over invoice before the option credit or other credits. You should consider getting DHP.

If you are doing a build, confirm the dealer's allocated week for the build. Some people have waited over a month for the production to commence. I only had to wait a few days.

Also BMW should start having "holiday cash" promotion in November but no one knows what it will be.
    BMW 2019 540x Bluestone
    BMW 2019 Glacier Silver X3 30i being built to replace a 2017 X3 (wife's)
    BTW, I lucked out. I ordered my build on my 428x on September 24th. The boat with my car is currently off Long Island and will be docking in Newark tomorrow morning.
    BMW 2019 540x Bluestone
  • amroamro Member Posts: 3
    You did get lucky. Your car must have been already on the line when they sent in the order:)
    Dealer told me it could take 4-8, but I will ask them and perhaps this will give me a better idea of what to expect. Thanks for pointing that out.

According to KBB and TruCar I am below invoice. Do you know if option credits apply if you are buying the car or is it only for leasing? Should I try to squeeze more?

Thanks for the advice, I can't seem to find one with DHP and I worry about ordering something I didn't drive.......All the online reviews seem to recommend DHP with xDrive, but a couple have mentioned that it makes the suspension softer than standard in comfort mode and firmer than the RWD in sport mode.
    edited October 2013
    6 - 8 weeks is the norm. Also, the cars take longer to get to the west coast. Mine was just luck (assuming that I can get delivery this week)

You can get the option credit if you lease or buy through BMWFS. I don't know if you can get it if you use other financing. If you have the cash, you can use BMWFS and get the credit ( pay it off in a few months) .Just check with your dealer on restrictions.

Getting below invoice before the application of credits is very rare especially on a build. Something seems to be missing.

I didn't get a chance to drive one with DHP since very dealers few had the 4 series when I ordered and the dealers weren't going to get models equipped with it.

I had to go by the many posters on another site that praised it. I am leasing and my residual value was 60 %. In my mind, I was paying $400 for the DHP spread over 36 months plus tax and interest.

Good luck.
    BMW 2019 540x Bluestone
  • drakej1drakej1 Member Posts: 7
    I am looking at 2014 328 w/ premium, technology, dynamic handling. MSRP of 45475 and I received an email quote of 41399 - which was well below all the others I received.

Is this a great deal? As its substantially below other quotes, are there other questions I should be asking to verify it?
    Thanks
  • 03ex03ex Member Posts: 5
    Hello,

I am in the market for and soon ready to pull the trigger on a 2014 328d Sedan xdrive lease.

My options consist of...

Glacier Silver Metallic
    Sport Trim
    Lighting package
    Technology Package
    Driver Assistance Package
    Premium Package
    -Black Dakota Leather

MSRP: $50,175

Obviously I need a target price before taxes (Maryland) and looking to keep my payment at around $500mo with 15K a year 36mo. Stellar credit (790's). What is the best tact to move forward with this purchase, i.e. money down..etc? I do not want 12K miles but could do 13 or 14K too. Any help on the best approach forward would be great!

Thanks!
    What is the invoice price?
    BMW 2019 540x Bluestone
    You want to be $500 over invoice before any credits. Are you ordering a build? If so, when is the dealer's next allocation for the build?

Also, some people are hoping BMW will have a ECO credit soon on the 328d but no one knows when and if it will happen. Who knows, November 1st is only in a few days. BMW should be offering Holiday Cash at least.

You also need to find out the money factor from the dealer.
    BMW 2019 540x Bluestone
    I highly recommend you educate yourself about BMW leases. There is a wealth of information available on other Bimmer forums. The stellar credit is fine, but anything above 675 is top tier for BMWFS leases.

Don't ever go into a dealer and tell them you want a payment of XXX, All they will do is work the numbers around and give you that payment. You could have the payment you seek, but get totally hosed on the price of the car, the money factor, etc....

I could go on and on, but do yourself a huge favor, go to another forum, educate yourself.

If you put in a little time, you will save thousands and won't have to ask, "is this a good deal?" Most people that ask that....the answer is no...because an informed consumer knows, before he ever accepts a deal.
    First...@zoombie99

Yes this will have to a build, lead time is 6-8 weeks. I appreciate the info about the holiday cash, didn't even think about that. I will make sure to approach the dealer with this information.

With BMW is there something else that could be done rather than throw money down to keep my payment where I want it to be for the duration and mileage allotment?

Second...@konacoug

I appreciate the advice on going onto the bimmer forums, however that is redundant of going on here. Furthermore, let me ask you, if my monthly price is met with my allotted miles, why does it matter what the MF and price is if I am going to turn around a trade up in 3 years anyway? This would only be a factor if I were selling the car for a price versus what I owe. Indeed I am not well informed because I have never owned a BMW, hence why I am here.
  • drakej1drakej1 Member Posts: 7
    Invoice according to Edmunds is $42,335. So his quote is 300 below invoice.
  • programddprogramdd Member Posts: 6
    leased a 328I white with premium package and heated seat for $400 total drive off and $431 including LA county tax per month. 36 month lease, 12k mileage allowance per year.
    The money factor is the lease equivalent to the interest rate ... lower is better. As has been noted, this is something the dealer can mark up.

Selling price, too, is important as a lower selling price will result in a lower payment.

Conversely, you want to find a high residual percentage.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• mb_10mb_10 Member Posts: 2
    MSRP: 53,875.00
    Selling: 49,000.00
    Total out of pocket: 1,967.56
    Payt: 541.61 +Tax= 590.36
    10k miles

thoughts? thanks.
    The reason I pointed out another potential forum, the info is easier to understand and explains all the ins and outs of leasing. I am just here to help people get a good deal on their BMW. I got hosed the first time I leased and I wish that I had more info about BMW leasing.

Anyway.... this is your money, why spend more than you need to? I will give a simple process.. go on KBB and build out the care the way you want it. You will then have the MSRP and the invoice price. According to your build, I get a 50675 MSRP and 46580 invoice. You need to use a lease calculator to figure out your payment, by inputting all of the relevant data. The best way to reduce your monthly payments is to use Multiple security deposits. Each MSD, can reduce the money factor by .0007, with a max of 7 can be used for a total discount of .00049.

I am guessing your payment is well above $500 per month on a 12K mile lease with a 59% residual. I wouldn't know the correct amount until I would have the selling cost, money factor, other fees and taxes.

With MSD's I am getting a rough payment of $582.
    More info needed.... what is the money factor? Are you getting any incentives or rebates? What other fees are they charging you, Acquisition fee, should be $725, doc fee any other fees? Off hand it looks okay. But, having the other info will help.
    I agree with konacoug, you need to read up on a leases.
    BMW 2019 540x Bluestone
  • mb_10mb_10 Member Posts: 2
    thanks, one other question, if I'm over mileage on my existing BMW lease is it legit to pay the penalty or should they eat that as part of my new lease? I'm
    telling them they need to eat it.
    @Michaell@Edmunds

Yes I am aware of that, I lease now, used to be 2 Acura's and now I just got an Audi TDi on lease and a remaining 2011 Acura. But thank you, I understand why you mentioned that.

@konacoug

MSRP with packages $50,175
    Invoice with packages $46,155

I was looking to put down 5-7k so I should equate that into MSD's instead?
  • flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    why are you putting down 5-7K on a lease? The premise of a lease to put down as little as possible you will lose that money on a lease...
  • rockysenrockysen Member Posts: 3
    Hi all. Looking to buy a CPO BMW 328 for the first time. Please give me a quick feedback to the offer I've received.

2011 328 xi S
    30K miles on it
    Deep Sea Blue Metallic
    Gray Dakota Leather
    Convenience Pkg
    Premium Pkg
    Value Pkg
    AWD
    Steptronic Automatic
    Heated steering wheels
    Navigation

Offer is $26,500. Is this a good enough price to take?
    Right, so I am asking should I equte that amount to MSD's instead?

With Acura I never really put any money down so it was not an issue.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    I'm assuming the S stands for Sedan?

Well... let me put it this way... if you turned around and were trading that vehicle in, you MIGHT get $19k for it on a good day. If I'm buying that non-CPO, I'm personally not paying more than $23k for it. So is the CPO worth $3500 to you? That's all that really matters.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

Yeah, it is a 328i xDrive Sedan. With all those packages and options, you still think you would only give it $23 non-CPO? For CPO, I am willing to pay an extra $2000 I guess. So I should stick to $25,000 at most then? I was appraising it on Kelly's BlueBook and it came out $30K CPO so I was comparing the dealer offer to that.
    yes, use the money for MSD's, it is a great return on your money and will save you $40 a month in payments. Best of all, you get your money back at end of the lease.
  • maxjohnmaxjohn Member Posts: 5
    I've been offered the following deal on a 2013 335i xdrive.

MSRP: 56975
    Sale Price: 49300

What do you guys think?
    Hard to say, what is the invoice, what incentives and rebates did you get? Best way to figure it out, invoice minus the incentives and rebates. You should be well under invoice on a 2013 model. Also, is this a purchase or lease?
    Not sure about the invoice. I did get the $500 BMW Loyalty discount. It is a purchase.
    Invoice is 52935 according to bmwconfig.com
    Yeah, $23k is really top of the mark for me. The highest ones at dealer auction are hitting $21k. I personally look to pay $2k-$2500 over auction value. And, given its not white or silver, it does get a slight penalty, to be honest (not by me, as I'd prefer the blue, too, but the value is the value). Good luck with your decision.

BTW, KBB is notoriously garbage.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

Thanks your feedback and time. It certainly helps me better gauge how strongly I should stand at my $25,000 price point vs. giving in to the $26,500 they want.
    you're welcome.

I think it is a pretty solid deal for $3600 under invoice. I think there is a build out credit of $2k, plus your $500 loyalty. All in all pretty darn good, for a 2013 model.
  • planktonplankton Member Posts: 3
    Hi All!
    I'm very excited that I found this wonderful forum.
    I am trying to purchase my wife's car, bmw 3 series and would like to get your advice!

Here is the price I got from the dealership.
    2013 320i alpine white
    premium package, heated front seat, and a wood trim
    $34,500

2014 320i sapphire black
    premium package and heated front seat
    $37,000

I don't think I got the decent deal since I found a truecar.com showed me a lower (~$1,000) price!
    Do you think a truecar.com price is good to go with it? I am pretty new to BMW and have no experience with dealerships, so any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!

p.s. Since my budget is pretty tight, I tried only 320i, the cheapest one in 3 series. My friend told me that 2013 328i would be a better than 2014 320i. What do you think about it?
    Don't bother with the 2014 320i, not worth the money dealers will be asking right now. Definitely go for a 2013 320i or 328i it should be a great deal especially depending on the dealers inventory. Ive seen some very basic 2013 320i xdrive with an MSRP of 36525 going for 30995 and thats before any further negotiations with a dealer. You can probably get less if you don't need the xdrive and are looking at rwd models. I've also seen a 2013 328i xdrive with an msrp of 44645 going for 33995, again before negotiations. Both of those cars are in Kansas so not sure if they do shipping or if your interested in getting a car out of state. But definitely look at the 2013's while dealers have some left.
    Wow, I can't believe the price!
    Here is CA (near SF) and I may not be able to get a good price like KS, it seems like I should try to find many different dealerships to get a big saving.

I presume that I can get more ideas about the price as I am re-searching more, do you have a kind of index that can determine whether it is a good or bad deal, such as getting an offer about 3K below of truecar.com?

Many thanks Maxjohn, for the great info!
    Since you are in SF bay area, I would contact Jon at Santa Barbara BMW, he is a founder of another BMW forum and he could hook you up with a great deal. I would also consider contacting Greg at Pacific BMW or Justin at New Century BMW, they are all forum sponsors of the other BMW forum. You can do all this via email.

There are great deals to be had right now on 2013 328i's out there. From what I've read online, the SF bay area is much harder to get a good deal.
  • golf888golf888 Member Posts: 4
    The title says it all. I am looking for a bare minimum base model 2014 320i (don't think there's any 2013 left on dealers lot). This will represent about $1,000 below invoice. I am in LA, btw. Thanks in advance!
    Many thanks Konacoug!
    I will definitely try to contact them and see what I can get from them!
  • wakeriderof87wakeriderof87 Member Posts: 3
    Hey guys,

I'm looking for a great deal for a 2013 new 328i in either the sport or M sport line. I'm looking for a car with little to no options, in the 40-42K msrp range. I'm located in Fl but don't mind purchasing from anywhere in the SE and flying up to get the car, does anyone have an recommendations for areas or dealers to focus? I'm looking for a deep discount!
  • krao1krao1 Member Posts: 6
    I am getting a quote of 34000 before TTL for the Metallic Black BMW 320ix with heated seats !! Is that a good price ??
    There is a guy in Atlanta, Adrian, he is an excellent CA. If you look on one of the other Bimmer forums, you can find him.