Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• smug01smug01 Member Posts: 7
    "Just to clarify, it seemed to me that smug was right about his prices, because he's getting a coupe, not a sedan (see post #1503). Looks like you were pricing the sedan and getting lower numbers than him because of it. I'm not sure if it affects your recommendations to him or not.

smug - how's the shopping going? Have you gotten it yet?"

kenjabi: My vehicle is in route from the port on a truck as we speak. I negotiated $40,000 at a 0.0024 MF-no secutity deposit. Residual was 54% for 36 mo. @ 15k miles/year. The vehicle's MSRP is $44,970. I think this a is a decent deal...not the best in the world but I was very specific in my requirements (silver-grey, 6spd, cloth, heated seats, zenon, moonroof), and I got every one...but had to settle for the BMW Assist also as this was the only car available in the region. The dealer also did a dealer trade to get it.

My only hang up is that it may arrive at the dealer tomorrow (July 1) and will not qualify for the $2400 incentive. The dealer has promised me that they will do everything to get my the vehicle at the negotiated price, but there is a chance the incentive will change overnight to something less attractive. We'll see, but my position is that this car has been in port since last week and there was plenty of time to get it to me, so I will *expect* the same deal even if it is delivered a day late.
  • chronochrono Member Posts: 149
    Anyone here yet know what the incentives are for July? I'm very interested to see if the incentives carry over or if they are postponed until this fall ...
  • rothsranrothsran Member Posts: 8
    rumor has it that they come out after 2:00 today
  • super1super1 Member Posts: 3
    I just took delivery of the following in chicago:

2004 325xi Jet Black
    Black leather
    Premium package
    Cold weather package
    Auto
    Xenon lights
    MSRP: $37770
    Invoice: $34890
    Paid: $33690

I paid $1200 below invoice using the june deal. I did not want the leather and cold weather packages but looks like most dealers stock cars with those options. Hope they help down the road.

My first bmw. The ride feel is all that and more. I was doing 100 mph and feeling like 50-60 in any other car.

The indianapolis dealer did not even respond for my best price request. Poor guys do not understand that Chicago is too close to Indianapolis.
  • blueguydotcomblueguydotcom Member Posts: 6,249
    Sweet deal. Enjoy the car.
    I'm interested as well...anyone here of the new incentives yet?
    blueguydotcom
    kyfdx

I have owned the 325xi i mentioned in my previous post for 1 day now. I have a question on the wheels. The car i purchased has 16/205 continental all season tires with like a multi spoke interwoven wheels(best i can explain).
    I was expecting the 7 spoke wheels instead?

Is this also a dealer's choice while placing the order? I know the sports package come with a 5 spoke wheel but what is the defalut with a 325xi?
    Any input is appreciated..

Is there a better forum to know what and what not to do with a bnw as i am a first time owner?
    I've heard the the 3 series sedans are keeping the same cash incentives thru the end of August. PLUS, there is new special
    financing that you can use in conjunction with the cash incentive ..
    woo hoo!!!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Usually, the Xi models have a different style wheel from the rear wheel drive models.. I'm not sure what the new xi is supposed to come with, but I think the other 16" wheel you are referring to is a style 45. I can't picture yours, but IMO the style 45s aren't all that great looking.. There are other Xi owners on this board that may be able to elaborate on the stock Xi wheel.

This is a decent forum, but if you are looking for others, I suggest googling BMW forum, as we aren't allowed to post links to other forums here.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thank You.
    As long as the dealer did not switch the wheels, i am okay.
    Is there anything i need to watchout for or do different driving and taking care of the bmw or just have fun with it?

Thanks.
  • lee_wlee_w Member Posts: 239
    super1, Owners club board would also be a good place for you to find specific information and conversation about your car. Go to select a board and browse. There are several boards that will have 325xi info. Goodluck.
    Good advice there.... Look under BMW, then 3-series.. Lots and lots of discussions there...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• penn5penn5 Member Posts: 8
    that'd be great. i missed out on buying a 330i with the june incentives. if they have the same incentives or better, i'm ready to sign on the dotted line. i noticed that the edmunds tmv for a 330i jumped back up after 6/30 so i'm not sure that the cash incentives are still there.
    penn5 .. The new incentives kicked in July 1st. I received this info from a good source so I feel that the cash incentives are definately still there. I missed out too but won't this next round. I can't hardly wait for mine .. good luck!
  • cram75cram75 Member Posts: 1
    getting ready to make a purchase. i'm considering 330Ci 2004, performance package. i saw one with MSRP at around $47k, open for negotiation...i'd appreciate feedback on price, interest rates...or perhaps should i wait for 2005 to come out?
    thanks, chrono, for the info on the cash incentives. i was hoping too that there would be a lease incentive on the 330i, but the bmw website doesn't list the 330i under its lease specials. if bmw decided not to have new incentives for july, i would've waited for the upcoming 05 model instead.
  • ravenraven Member Posts: 8
    On a 325i MSRP $31,605, I was just offered a cap price of $28,800 (invoice $28,500);
    mf .0024 residual $18,600; with most costs rolled into the lease, so the payment
    due is $1060; which comes to $467/month for 36 months; 12k mile /yr.

Am I getting ripped off or should they be able to do better than that?
  • exacuraguyexacuraguy Member Posts: 2
    I could really use some of the expertise that's all over this message board...I am looking at an 04 330xi w 1900 miles offered by a BMW dealer in mid-atlantic region asking $41k. (premium, sport, cold weather, & xenons) If invoice for a new one is $41,760, what's a reasonable price for a CPO one w 1900 miles? I am a cash buyer who could drive it away Tuesday. More importantly, is this even a car I should consider or should I run away from it? Thanks a lot for your help.
  • milmil Member Posts: 1
    You could wait for 2005, but you won't get any rebates. Last week I purchased 2004 330xi sedan with Auto, Moonroof, Heated Seats, Metallic paint. MSRP 40,945. I got that baby for $36,000 before NJ tax and title & reg (6% NJ Tax + $150 for Title & Reg ). This car was totally unmolested (was not even prepped when I selected it), right off the boat. The Client Advisor was very helpful and it was a wonderful buying experience.
  • riezriez Member Posts: 2,361
    exacuraguy... Is this '04 with 1,900 miles actually BMW NA CPO? My local BMW dealers normally won't sell used BMWs that are just 1 or 2 years old as CPO. All the CPO ads are for MY01 cars. They are selling the '02s and up just as used cars. If you want to go CPO, then they'll tack on an extra $1-2,000 (even though this violates CPO rules that say the cars have to be sold one way or the other from the start).

I concur with mil. Price seems too high. Negotiate harder.
    I stopped by a dealer the other day and they informed me of the following incentives:

330i--$2400 Manufacturer to Dealer incentive
    Lease buy rate = 0.0020
    Residual = 54% @ 15k miles/year, 56% @ 12k miles/year

330Ci--no Manufacturer to Dealer incentive
    Lease Buy rate = 0.0010
    Residual = 55% @ 15k miles/year, 57% @ 12k miles/year

One should start to negotiate based on the buy rate, but the dealers will want to pad those a little.
    that's great news to hear. i'm going to start searching for my ideal 330i next week. the lowest offer i got on one w/PP,auto,xenons was $4200 off msrp. i walked out, disappointed i couldn't knock $4500 off msrp, which was my target price in dallas.

i'm going to try autobahn motor co. in fort worth too. on their website, kydfx pointed out that they are taking $5500 off msrp off every one of their 325i's. unfortunately i do not want a 325i. they will only sell at those prices to texas resients according to their website.
  • drharrisdrharris Member Posts: 7
    I'm finalizing a deal on a '04 330 cic with MSRP of $52,470. We settled on $50,000 even. For a 36 month, 12K per year, $0 cap cost reduction lease, he is quoting a $791./month + tax which includes a .00295 money factor and a 59% residual.

Sounds high (at least compared to the rates on leasecompare). Are these the stats BMW financial is offering?

I'm taking delivery in early September so I suppose there is a chance that BMW will provide some end-of-summer incentives to move the convertibles...
  • dojdavedojdave Member Posts: 2
    Just became a first time owner this past Friday. Man, the car is everything I would have expected and more.

Here are my specs. I would be curious to get opinions on my deal, than I will explain my dilemna.

2003 Alpine White 325i. 9,100miles. auto.. loaded. It has the sport, premium and cold weather package. The only thing I can think of it doesn't have is Nav. paid $29,250.00.

Here is my ?. I took it home and the first time I thoroughly washed it this past weekend, the paint on the 2 passanger side rims started to peel. I mean come on, what is this about. I was just reading about the 4 year/50K warranty, but it looks like it excludes wheels.

I am going to take it in to my local dealer to see what they will do. Anybody have any experience with something like this?

Any ideas if they will replace or fix the wheels/rims?
    I'm finalizing a deal on a '04 330 cic with MSRP of $52,470. We settled on $50,000 even. For a 36 month, 12K per year, $0 cap cost reduction lease, he is quoting a $791./month + tax which includes a .00295 money factor and a 59% residual.

Sounds high (at least compared to the rates on leasecompare). Are these the stats BMW financial is offering?

I'm taking delivery in early September so I suppose there is a chance that BMW will provide some end-of-summer incentives to move the convertibles...
    I ran your numbers... I come up with $783 plus tax.. that could be explained with a few miscellaneous fees.

A few questions..

1) Is the lease through BMWFS?

2)What is your upfront drive-off charges? I assume first payment, but what else? Security deposit, acquisition fee, garbage fees?

3) I think the base MF is .0022, but that may have changed, they could have bumped it up, or it could increase with a security deposit, or acquistion fee waiver.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

If it looks like the finish is bad, due to a manufacturer's defect, then they will probably re-finish or replace them... Not covering the wheels is usually due to road hazard problems...

I could be wrong, though..

regards,
    kyfdx

P.S.: Sounds like a loaded car, for a decent price.. Did you get it from a BMW dealer?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• dojdavedojdave Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the info. No, it wasn't a road hazard.

Got it from an auction. Never made it to the dealer. I have a friend in the business.
  • exacuraguyexacuraguy Member Posts: 2
    Sounds great, mil. Congratulations! That sounds similar to what I'm looking for. What dealership in NJ did you use and when did you make the purchase? Thanks.
    Thanks for the reply. He's quoting over $2K for drive off -- first payment + 900 security + first year registration + misc. garbage fees.
    It sounds like he is padding the MF, and either rolling the acquisition fee into the cap cost, or doing a .0003 bump on the MF to waive it.

Either way, the bump in the MF (likely .0004, since that is max BMWFS allows) is costing you about $32/month, over the base rate.

You might ask them for the same deal, using the base rate MF, but a lot of BMW dealers won't budge. I know it doesn't seem like much, but $2500 off MSRP is a pretty good price on a convertible.

However, your after tax price of around $840-850/month on a $52K car is not a great lease deal by any stretch. The price may drop toward the end of summer, but late season lease deals are never very good. If you can wait, great lease deals on convertibles seem to peak in February. This year, they were good even into March, but got much worse starting in April.

I don't have a lot of experience in convertible pricing, but I think I would shop around before agreeing to that deal.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• zeuszeus Member Posts: 4
    Hi, I live Northern NJ, and Im trying to pick up a 2004 330Ci as Germany will stop producing this model on August.

I found a car that matches exactly what I want.

ALPINE WHITE / SAND
    PREMIUM PKG
    SPORT PKG
    COLD PKG
    18in Rim (#71)
    Xenon light

MSRP $45,220
    INVOICE $41,430
    DEALER QUOTE $43,850 IS THIS GOOD PRICE???

I mean BMW should do better since the model changes next year..

-Initially, I was gonna buy this but $2000 rebate has ended as of June 30... according to my dealer. But instead, he told me BMW came out with good lease program on 330Ci. so to lease,

Money factor .0005
    $515 / month, 10,000 miles / 36miles (mileage I dont care, since I will buy at the end of 3).

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THE LEASE DEAL?
    The price on the car seems about $700-$1000 high. The lease deal is a great one.. The money factor equates to an interest rate of 1.2%

What kind of upfront fees and cap cost reduction do you have to come up with to get to that $515/mo figure?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

They will still be making 330Ci's after August. They will just be 2005 models.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• zeuszeus Member Posts: 4
    Hey Kyfdx,

Due at inception is $3300 including one month lease, registration, security deposit.

I forgot to mention, I also got steptronic auto trans.. did you put that into consideration or no?

So, I should re-negotiate this deal huh?
    I figured about an $1800 cap cost reduction to get to that payment, given the paramaters you stated, so $3300 seems about right...

Yeah.. the only problem I see, is that the price seems about a thousand too high. If it were me, I would try to negotiate that out of the inception costs, keeping the payment the same. No point in putting money down, when the interest is only 1.2%.

One advantage you have.. your dealer is using the base rate, and not marking it up. Most dealers try to pad the MF. So, they may not be all that aggressive on price, but it can't hurt to ask.

That is a pretty good lease deal on a $45K car, though.. I like to keep my upfront costs to a minimum. Just the first payment and security deposit. I'd much rather make a $600 payment, than give them a big chunk of money up front. They can roll almost all those costs into the lease.

regards,
    kyfdx

EDIT: I didn't consider steptronic.. That shouldn't make any difference on your deal... I just went off the MSRP, invoice and price paid.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Okay...finally picked up my 330Ci ZHP last night...what a beautiful car! Here is what the deal was:

330Ci Coupe
    Silver Grey
    ZHP Performance package
    6spd manual
    Black Alcantara interior
    Zenon
    Heated seats
    Moonroof
    BMW Assist (didn't really want this one but...)

MSRP: $44970
    Negotiated Price: $42380
    MF: 0.00085
    Secutity deposit $0
    Acquisition fee: $725
    15k miles/yr = 55% residual ($24733)
    Payment: $612/month
    36 months

Since the buy rate is 0.0005, the guy padded his numbers by 0.00035. With a security deposit, he would have given me 0.0007, but I wanted to put the least amount of drive-off down (first payment + reg.). I think it was a pretty decent deal--not fantastic--but the reality is that there are very few 330Ci ZHP out there with 6spd & Alcantara right now. Had to steal this one from a dealer out of state and have it shipped here.
    Sounds good. Enjoy your new toy!
  • klasszklassz Member Posts: 1
    hi, I live in SF Bay area and I'm trying to pick up a 2004 325CI w/ European Delivery;

04' 325CI Base - $30500
    Steel Blue Metallic - $475
    Sport Package - $1,000
    Navigation - $1,800
    Automatic - $1,275
    Power Seat - $995
    Destination Charge - $695
    -----------------------------
    Total MSRP - $36,740

The dealer in Mountain View quoted me $34,650. Is this a good price? Or what should be the reasonable price. I learned from this forum that So. California dealers will sell cheaper, is it also true for European Delivery? Any recommended dealer in So. Cal?

Thanks a lot.
  • bmbabybmbaby Member Posts: 4
    A dealer is offering me 325i $500 above invoice. Is this a good deal?
  • uniuni Member Posts: 2
    What is the residual or price you can pay to buy the car at the end of the lease, including any applicable taxes/fees?
  • uniuni Member Posts: 2
    What state are you in? Have you contacted other dealerships in your area and telling them you can get car for 500$ over & see if they will beat it?
  • decsdecs Member Posts: 8
    Hi, folks

Could you get similar savings (in line with prices quoted in previous posts)-including July cash incentives, if you order a 3-er rather than off the dealer's lot. What's the market like in North Virginia?

Thanks. :-)
  • vimalnvimaln Member Posts: 14
    Richmond, Virginia
    BMW 2004 325i
    Manual Transmission(5 speed)
    Electric Red/Sand leather interior
    Premium package
    Heated seats
    $32,200

The car is not in the dealers lot, and he told it has to be custom ordered from Germany taking 6-8 weeks for delivery.

Is this a good deal.

Please let me know. Thanks in advance.
  • livinbmwlivinbmw Member Posts: 120
    Anyone being offered 1.9% on certain new 3 series models? just wondering.....
  • mikeike12000mikeike12000 Member Posts: 9
    I spoke with several dealers and they are all offering 05 models at 04 prices, is this a gimmic? Also when I am trying to negotiate price should I try to get as close to invoice as possible, or within reason of the MSRP?
    Below invoice on 04s is what you should shoot for in the USA. In Germany, who knows?
  • jazevedojazevedo Member Posts: 34
    Any official word on current incentives for 330? I've seen messages that the incentives carried over from June, but on Carsdirect.com their prices are now only a few hundred under invoice instead of about $1500 back in June. So it seems there is an incentive but it's not clear how big. Of course that's just one website....

I'm close to being able to buy and I'm not sure if I should wait longer to get a better deal on a 2004, or try to order quickly so I can order from factory if necessary...I'd hate to miss out on 04 if the 05's don't have an incentive discount...and for this much money I will be extremely picky in terms of options/color on the car!
  • livinbmwlivinbmw Member Posts: 120
    330i's have a 2400 dealer market allowance and 1.9% APR for 60 months available.
  • SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
    A reporter is interested in hearing from anyone who really exhaustively debated between this car and a competitor, weighed all the pros and cons,
    etc. Please respond to sbreckenridge@hearst.com or jfallon@edmunds.com with a few details and your contact information no later than Wednesday, July 21, 2004.

Thanks for your consideration.

Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com