Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100
    Do you know what the acquisition fee number is, for sure? Generally, on these 3rd party leases, it is more like $700-$950.. That could account for the difference in the number. There could also be a "document fee" or some other padding added into the cap cost..

That looks like a good price.. Be wary of extra high disposition fees on a 3rd party lease..

If the 36K mileage over 39 months works out for you, this would be a decent way to go.. I still like BMWFS leases better.. One positive of this lease.. The buyout is much lower, in case you want to buy the car at the end of the lease.. Make sure the lease includes GAP insurance.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• tootsie1tootsie1 Member Posts: 27
    the only 3rd party bank that I know of that does not include gap is Bank if the West. My guess is that this is probably a U.S. Bank lease. I like manufacturer leases also, just in case they do pull ahead (allowing you to trade your car paying last 5-6 payments) and future incentives with loyalty..leased a 96 Rodeo once through GE Capital..and when lease matured GE Capital begged me to keep the car and offered me 5 thousand less on contracted residual selling price, plus APR of 3.9 (really low in 99 I thought)..so going with a bank other then the manufacuter has it's advantages, as they are not in the business of selling cars and may be more apt to negotiate buying price at the end if you choose to keep it..That said it is unlikely anyone will negotiate a BMW for less, the way they hold their value is the envy of the car world..they are not going to let any bank mess that up for him..
  • skibum2skibum2 Member Posts: 1
    What should I expect to pay for a 2005 330cic with:
    Metallic Paint
    205 STEPTRONIC 5-Speed Automatic Transmission
    522 Adaptive Xenon Headlights
    ZSP Sport Package
    639 BMW Assist
    494 Heated Front Seats

The MSRP on the vehicle is $50,145 and the dealer offered me $1,500 off. This is my 4th BMW from the same dealership and in the past I've done at least $500 better. But, I've never bought a convertible before. Is this a good deal? By the way the dealer is located just outside a major metropolitan city in the north east.
    That seems about average for a convertible during convertible weather.. The only time you see decent discounts on 3-series convertibles is December through March..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• jkamjkam Member Posts: 15
    Acq fee is definitely $595. Disp. fee is $395. The lease includes GAP insurance. 36K over 39 mo works for us- the original BMWFS lease we discussed was 30K/ 36 mo.

tootsie, you are right- it is a US Bank Lease. significantly lower MF than the BMWFS lease, but also a lower residual (in part because the lease is for 3 more months). all-in-all, i think a better enough deal to warrant moving away from the manfacturer lease.

we took possession yesterday in a remarkably pain-free experience. i found the dealer to be upfront at all times when I asked him for the figures to calculate the lease terms myself. excellent dealer in the Washington, DC area.

i spent the past few months on this board and other helpful websites to educate myself about the leasing process. thanks to all on this board, esp kyfdx, who helped me get a lease deal i can be happy with.

regards,
    joe
  • lex_koltlex_kolt Member Posts: 17
    If I'm not mistaken european deliver is flat 7% of the MSRP price.
  • blueguydotcomblueguydotcom Member Posts: 6,249
    If I'm not mistaken european deliver is flat 7% of the MSRP price.

You are mistaken. The BMW site has a deal on ED up but that's designed to give dealer's massive profit and screw buyers.

Go to the ED invoice pricing link I posted and find the Munich pick up. You'll see that number is much lower. A base 330i starts at 30k v. 35k msrp at the dealer.

The edmunds ED board is useful too.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    And here's a handy link to that board:
    European Delivery: Experiences, Advice & Info

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• saigonboi21saigonboi21 Member Posts: 150
    saigon, not sure ed is useful on a 325i with so few options. sticker is what 35k? ed price with profit is about 31k. Some haggling could probably get you to 33k.

hey did u mean 33k at dealers in the US??? or did u mean 33k for the car with ED?? thanks
    Saigon, if the car you want stickers for 35k, I'd bet with very little effort you can get it 33k or so. Other boards people are mentioning such deals. 2k off msrp isn't pie-in-the-sky. BMWs have way more competition and dealers know you can skip over to Infiniti or Acura and get more features for less money.

Sometimes it takes a willingness to travel to a disant dealer or handle the buying via email/phone.
    No personally-directed posts allowed. If you can't keep it civil, posts will continue to be deleted.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• rroyce10rroyce10 Member Posts: 9,332
    ... ** No person in sales is going into anything with the notion that they're realistically going to lower their price by 4-5K and still make a decent profit**

It's done every minute of everyday ... a smart dealer will grab an easy $2,500 than hold his breath for the next 40/50 days, pay the floorplan and "hope" he see's $4,500 ..l.o.l.. vehicles are replaceable with a phone call .. when cash isn't moving at a dealership, it becomes "just" paper in a metal wrapper ....

Terry.
  • saigonboi21saigonboi21 Member Posts: 150
    so i just choose the model, add the options and packages and that should be the price i pay?? so basically it's whatever that price is plus taxes right?
    so i just choose the model, add the options and packages and that should be the price i pay?? so basically it's whatever that price is plus taxes right?

I strongly suggest you visit the ED forum the host posted for you. You have to give the dealer some profit - most people start at $500 and let the dealer know they will negotiate - but try to stay under 1200. Again, visit the forum and read up.
  • gap4jasongap4jason Member Posts: 54
    Folks -

I've been reading that some folks are getting up to $1500 off MSRP. I'm in So.Cal and would like to know which dealerships you deal with to get this deal. My local dealership (Steve Thomas BMW in Camarillo) mentioned that to get something off the lot without the wait means getting the car at MSRP. If I wait a bit, I can have about $1000 or so off the MSRP.

Let me know which dealership.....thanks....

jason :confuse:
    A reporter is hoping to talk with recent buyers of new BMW and Mercedes vehicles who enjoyed a generous discount off sticker price. Please send relevant details and your daytime contact information to Pam Krebs at pkrebs@edmunds.com by Thursday, June 23, 2005

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

• chatkatchatkat Member Posts: 41
    I am waiting for delivery from Rusnak in Thousand Oaks. I did really well there. I am buying with my own financing. I previously bought 2 cars there (for my husband) and referred a friend who bought the 645ci so I am getting a better deal than most. I have been VERY happy with the service there.
  • gap4jasongap4jason Member Posts: 54
    Can I ask you what deal Rusnak TO is giving you?
  • paul31paul31 Member Posts: 2
    Guys let me know if this a good deal. I must respond by Tuesday. Also show I wait a few more months and how much you guys thinks I will save

2006 325i
    Automatic
    Metalic Paint
    Heated Seats
    Premium Package
    MSRP $36,140
    Negotiated Price - $33640 ($2500 off)
    Due at signing including all fees - $1970.21
    36 mont/15k
    Monthly - $485.month

I need you guys help

Thanks
    Does that include tax?

At that MSRP and selling price, I get $461/mo, so if it includes tax, it looks great..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• paul31paul31 Member Posts: 2
    Yes it incudes tax (6%)
  • bd72bd72 Member Posts: 4
    I'm new to this forum but I think this is a good point to start doing my research. I found a BMW 2000 323ci with Sports Package and 34k mi., one owner, the car is very clean except minor dents, the paint and the interior are very clean and the mileage is very good for the year but I have a few concerns:
    - There's a light on on the dashboard all the time, the owner could not tell me what was about, she said something related to brakes, if I recall correct lt the light was on the speedometer and it was like a bright sun....
    - When I drove it, I heard this "whooing" or "rolling" sound, it is hard to explain, it is similar to the sound when your tires are not balanced properly or like if the brake rotors would be machined correctly. I hope I'm explaining it right...
    I'm planing to take the car to a BMW dealer but I just wanted some feedback for BMW owners, any Ideas?
    Also, please let me know other experiences (good and bad) with that particular model.
    Thanks a lot
    Bruno
  • sharmabmwsharmabmw Member Posts: 45
    It's worth the drive to Santa Barbara. Call those guys.
  • dl7265dl7265 Member Posts: 1,381
    I get $459.00 over invoice, that has to be the best BMW car deal ive ever seen.Id buy every one they had at that price. Congrads,

DL
  • frisconickfrisconick Member Posts: 1,275
    I wouldn't touch that car. :surprise:
  • kennynmdkennynmd Member Posts: 424
    Take it, take it, take it!!!!Need I say more?
    330i
    Prem
    Sport
    Cold Weather
    Navigator
    Steptronic
    Park Distance
    Sat Radio
    Graphite Silver
    Active Steering
    Retail $47740
    Out the door less than $45510 - (matching price to another dealer, with additional considerations not yet determined)
    .... **some feedback** ..

Can't tell much from your description ... auto.? sounds like the abs light, does he have all the service records.? -- and most important, how much is he asking.?

Terry.
  • jynxjynx Member Posts: 9
    can i ask which dealer this is? i'm also in nj, and looking to buy in couples of weeks. park ave bmw is such a snob. i visited their show room on several occacions, and they made me feel so unwelcomed. mind you, i drove in a mercedes, and properly dressed in khakis and button shirt. what's the deal with that? is it because i'm asian? :confuse:
    I think that is the brake pad sensor light.. Coupled with the sound that you think sounds like bad brake rotors, I'd say it needs a complete brake job.. If it needs fronts and rears, with rotors and sensors, you'll be looking at about $1000 at a dealer, or maybe $600 at a good independent..

Low miles, but the fact that she hasn't responded to a warning light on her dash, tells me she hasn't serviced the car, since her free service ran out in '03...

You are doing the right thing getting it checked out..

You never mentioned a price?

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Great deal... Run, don't walk to nail that one down..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Doubtful... I'm as WASP as they come... mid '40s.. and I get this treatment from about half the BMW dealers...

Car dealers only know how many they sell... they have no clue on how many deals they lose...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• kruntalkruntal Member Posts: 34
    2006 325i
    White ext./beige+walnut int.
    6 sp manual
    premium pkg
    xenon lights
    MSRP 34,695
    Invoice 31,820
    Quoted 32,350
    no mats

Good deal ? Too good to be true ? Could there be a catch ?
  • bd72bd72 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for replying to my email. Responding some of your comments:
    - The owner says she has all the service records, she's the only owner.
    - The price is $19700 (negotiable), I think it is a good priced considering the mileage compared with what I've look on the web. The sites that I've looked at, a similar 2000 325ci is about 21k.
    What do you guys think about the price?
    Why is it crazy? I priced my BMW from three dealers - all responses received in writing. Two never responded to me of the 5 that I asked for a quote. I knew exactly what I wanted and I gave the info to all of them. Of those dealers, I purchased my 2000 328i from one and went back for a price; one is where I serviced, and my husband bought 3 cars (the last two recent ones and I referred a friend recently). One dealer, ordered my car by chance I was going to take delivery from them. I don't play games and I work with numbers so I want things cut and dry. One dealer, the most convenient to me that I wanted a price quote from would not even quote me without a credit check - that is absurd so they lost the deal. My Fico Score is exceptionally high and if I am not financing from them they don't need to know about my credit. The dealer who I bought my 328i gave me a price as did one that is known for undercutting prices.

My car is Awaiting Transport according to the owner tracking on the BMW Owners Circle. I expect to receive it about July 15th. Maybe sooner. My 328i was on our local sell-it-yourself lot today. A few people are interested in buying it.
    can anyone confirm that premium package includes moon roof? can't seem to find it as a separate option as well. thanks for the info.
  • peakpropeakpro Member Posts: 65
    In the past few days I have been reading many posts detailing excellent deals.

My feeling is while people like the driving dynamics, the looks IMHO are still souring many buyers. I have recomended to three friends that they go test drive an e90. Each did but none bought. Not one liked the looks.
  • peakpropeakpro Member Posts: 65
    the moonroof has been standard on all 3 series models since I believe the 2005 model...
    thank you! going to be 1st time bmw owner. :blush:
    Your opinion may be valued.... and you are more than welcome to post it here...

But, don't call your fellow poster a liar.. If you don't like a post, then just scroll on past it..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

If the car checks out.. and you get a look at those service records.. then the asking price is okay.. I'd think a deal around $17K would make me happy.. maybe $18K, if everything is fixed..

A question to ask yourself.... If she has all of the service records, and services the car regularly, why is she trying to sell it with a warning light glowing on the dash, and brakes that sound funny?

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

only, folks. Posts about BMW sales in general are being removed.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

• ricearoni98ricearoni98 Member Posts: 3
    Can somebody clear up the extended maint contract purchase option on the 2006 325i for me?
    I see that there is a approx $1K item to purchase, what does that buy me?
    I want to have full service (like the first 50K miles) extended to 7 years/100,000 miles.
    It extends the full service to 6yr/100K... It is identical to the original maintenance plan, and will usually pay for itself..

However, you can buy it at any time before your original plan expires..

It does not extend the limited warranty for repairs, however.. It is just for the scheduled maintenance..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

.. **but the fact that she hasn't responded to a warning light on her dash, tells me she hasn't serviced the car, since her free service ran out in '03...**

That would get me scratching my head ... this Bimmer needs to be looked at real close, run a Carsmack and have the body man put an eyeball on it .... clean cars get cared for, low miles doesn't guarantee anything ......

Terry ;)
  • lex_koltlex_kolt Member Posts: 17
    I'm also looking at cars in NJ. Which dealership offered you the quote? I'm currently dealing with Ramsey BMW internet department, no numbers yet though, still comparing cars.

Also if you look at carsdirect.com you'll see that all options are offered at the invoice for the 3 series. Anyways that's good news for me if I'll choose 330 over G35, cause my biggest issue is price.
    In-stock at a local dealer:
    MSRP: $37,895
    Color: JET BLACK
    Interior: BLACK LEATHER
    OPTIONS
    Premium package, sport package, automatic transmission, heated front seats, aluminum trim, satellite radio

I built "similar" car TMV @ edmunds.com MSRP= $37,345; INVOICE = $34,280.

1. I don't see the $550 difference betweens 2 MSRP's.
    2. $35,500 is good offer?

Thanks in advance.
  • garyhungaryhun Member Posts: 3
  • garyhungaryhun Member Posts: 3
    Hi guys,

I believe nobody should buy anything on loan he couldn’t afford otherwise.
    Having said that, I just got this leasing offer on a 325 BMW. It seems suspiciously good, but I haven’t done a leasing ever so I don’t see where the catch is, where I’m misled. (I’m a self-employed guy so I could use the tax advantage.)

I’d appreciate your help. (This is Raleigh-Durham area, NC.)

Retail value (MSRP) 33,020
    Net sales price 34,470
    Lease end value 63 %, 20,802
    36 months
    Money factor: 0.00305 [what’s this anyway?]
    Cash cap reduction 4,500 (that’s how much I’d pay upfront)
    Acquisition fee: 825 (can I negotiate to lower it to the recommended 625?)
    Tag/title 62
    Doc fee 398 (isn’t it too much, isn’t it negotiable?)
    Adjusted cap cost: 29,345 (33,020-4500+825)
    Tax rate/amt 3 % (what’s this, which is better, higher or lower?)

Base montly rental: 401.94 = 390.23+11.71 (tax)

Amount due at start: 5,510.74 (4,500+401.94+ something else, what’s that?)

Two more questions:
    If the MSRP 33,020, how much can be negotiated from that? (When I was leaving, the sales guy already mentioned 500).

How low usually can you negotiate the lease end value %? Is it realistic to get a 55 %?

Thank you in advance (sorry for being lengthy),
    Best to you all,

Gary
  • eric2005eric2005 Member Posts: 5
    I'm wondering if anyone has leased 325i in southern california recently.
    I just got a quote from a dealer in San Diego on a 36m/12K lease for an automatic with metallic paint.

MSRP: 32745
    Buying price: 31745 (1000 off MSRP)
    Acquisition fee 825
    Money factor 0.00295
    Monthly payment with 8% tax: 527 (0 down)
    First payment including registration/title: 830

Is this the going rate in So. Cal. now,
    or can anyone suggest a bimmer dealer that has a better price recently.
    I don't mind a few hours driving to pick up a car that can save hundreds.

Thanks.