Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,199
    ......is in effect for any car that arrives post-September 1st... Only cars that were confirmed orders by July 20th won't see the price increase.. If you order now, the car will have the higher price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• bmwx5leaserbmwx5leaser Member Posts: 7
    Sorry about the typo mistake :blush: -
    I just closed a deal for 2006 BMW 325i with Automatic Transmission, Premium Package and Metallic Arctic color. I got the following offer

MSRP - $35645
    Invoice - $32730
    I Paid - $33800

I believe the deal seems ok and I did not do much negotiation. Great Service at Norwood BMW gallery in MA.
  • jrct9454jrct9454 Member Posts: 2,363
    That's still an excellent outcome. I've just about given up trying to find a dealer in the NW who can approach the kinds of deals that people are getting in the East. California is better than here, but not much - the best outcomes seem to come from the East Coast. Considering I could fly on SW one-way for a couple of hundred bucks, and then have the fun of driving back home, it is almost as good as EU delivery - pretty close if you add up all the costs and do it honestly.

I'd planned to do EU if we went for this car - this kind of deal makes me think twice. I can tell you no dealer within 400 miles of me would go anywhere near the numbers you got.
  • bububugbububug Member Posts: 3
    Just ordered mine today. The only dealer that can sell $600 over invoice in Southern California area.
  • michaeln1michaeln1 Member Posts: 24
    what did you end up getting? and which dealership did you go to?
    Yeah, don't leave us hanging - what dealer???
  • bububugbububug Member Posts: 3
    in Sherman Oaks.
    very nice- i got mine in newport beach, i think i did ok.

MSRP=$44,295
    edmunds invoice=$40,600
    Selling=$42,395 and he threw in the mats.
  • adp3adp3 Member Posts: 446
    are you guys talking CIC's (convertibles)?

I'd like to hear current best deals on 325CIC's.
  • amigosamigos Member Posts: 3
    I am about to place an order for 2006 330xi, with sports package, lether interior (not premium), Navigation system, Heating seats, and window shades. Just wanted to check how much is everbody else paying?
  • saigonboi21saigonboi21 Member Posts: 150
    hi i've been receiving quotes from dealers in the Bay Area. One dealer quoted me $500 above invoice plus floor mats on a 330i. Now im just trying to figure out financing...
  • wco81wco81 Member Posts: 590
    Which dealer?

What is MSRP and options?

Or is he offering that in general as opposed to a specific car?
  • eds1300eds1300 Member Posts: 71
    Can I ask which dealer is offering you $500 above invoice? Or, let us know what your final numbers came out to be.

Best I got was $900 above with .0029 MF. There stating that .0025 is there borrowing rate and that it would not be fair for them to go down below .0029 (6.9 apr), or raise the selling price by $500.

After that silly rant I quit corresponding.
  • chatkatchatkat Member Posts: 41
    Make sure the deal is real. I bought my 328 there in 2000. They handed me the keys and realized they forgot to charge me for the CD player in the trunk and took they keys back from me telling me that they were going to uninstall the CD. I had to call my attorney to make them give me the keys to the car. The deal was finished and all the paperwork was signed. I got a price from them as well as from the dealer in Santa Clarita. Still bought the car in Thousand Oaks/Westlake Village. Better service. Did not get a price from Calabasas. They won't quote a price without a credit check!
  • stephendstephend Member Posts: 19
    I got a price list that show USA port of entry price, Euro Delivery price and Diplomatic USA Port of Entry. Does anyone know what is meant by the Diplomatic USA Port of entry price?. It is approx. $1200 less than the USA port of entry price (MRSP).
    It is a special price for diplomats.. If you aren't a diplomat, then ignore it..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Exactly what it sounds like - if you have to ask, you can assume you aren't eligible. This is intended for members of the diplomatic corps [State Dept, UN, etc.].
  • doublelattedoublelatte Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I live in the Bay Area as well. I've been shopping around for 330i with sport pkg, auto. Would you please let me know which dealer quoted you $500 above invoice?
  • timnytimny Member Posts: 142
    I am looking at at 2006 330i - Sports, Cold Weather, Premium, Nav., Sat. Radio, and xenons for $44K even. Two dealerships have been competing with each other over this, but neither will go south of $44k.

At the same time, I am adding in a lease on a 2005 X3. There's been some movement on the part of one dealer over the other on that front: 39/15K lease, Cold Weather, Premium, Nav., Sat., xenons, heated steering wheel, some other non-sense ... $328/month versus $382/month with same money down (@$5K). My point being: in the two-vehicle situation, the dealers seem to fudge the #s on the now year-old X3, but seem unwilling to move at all on the 330. Can I do better in NY or CT?
  • miata007miata007 Member Posts: 129
    Hello,
    A friend of mine is looking for a new last generation 330 sedan. We are in Northern CA. The reason she is looking for the last year model is because she didn't like the rear end of the current model. While you guys are shopping, did you guys see if there are any new 330 or 325 (old model) in the lot? I appreciate your response even if you are not in CA because we like to know if there are leftovers in
    other region as well.

• davidd3davidd3 Member Posts: 582
    I have no idea about pricing on the X3. But as for the 2006 330i, you could surely do a lot better in NY or CT. On this forum, numerous transactions in NY/CT have been reported in the range of $1,000 to $1,500 over invoice (which is approx. $2,000 to $2,500 below MSRP).

(By the way, xenons are standard on the 330.)
    Does anyone have any experience with the 330i sport package tire -- 225 40R18 front and 255 35R18 rear - in snow, or is a second set of wheels/tires the only way to go?
    Hmm. You're right ... should be south of $43K.
    007-

when i was shopping around for my e90 330 i noticed that the two dealers down in orange county had a few of the old generation.

they were sterling bmw as well as crevier bmw.

mike.
    The sport package tires are summer only performance tires.. So, the problem isn't necessarily the size... it is the rubber compound..

If you drive in winter weather, you will have to change tires...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

... this was helpful. Got one dealership down to $43 as a result, and the price is still dropping!
    I should have clarified ... I meant to ask if anyone has experience finding winter tires that fit the original rims on the sport-package 330.

I've concluded the simplest thing to do is obtain a second set of tires (winter) and rims (17s) and swap them out. I assume, though, this will call for regular tires (is there such a thing as run-flat winter tires??) And with reg. tires, it's a wee unnerving to be riding around without a spare (no room in the trunk for one).

One dealer tells me he believes BMW will discontinue the run-flats in the '07 model year. Anyone hear something like that before?
    you probably don't want to get your nifty rims all mucked up in the winter, anyway, so ytour plan sounds good

I bought a Nokian tire that is a 4-season tire but has the mountain/snowflake symbol. I believe they are the only tire of that kind. Most snowflake/mountain tires are gonna be crappy when the roads are dry. Less of a tradeoff with the Nokian. I have a Volvo xc90 and I keep the Nokian on from Thanksgiving to Easter, and then I swap them out. You get a little more crummy weather than I do (SF Bay Area) in the winter, but mostly we drive in similar conditions. It's not like you live in New Hampshire and need deadicated snowies. My Volvo rocks with the Nokians - I had no worries in the Sierra in the snow and they were fine back in the lowlands in rain or dry.
  • amt7565amt7565 Member Posts: 165
    Plenty around! You should get good discounts too, if you do your homework well.
  • miata007miata007 Member Posts: 129
    Thank you for the replies.

• birddog7birddog7 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at purchasing a 2005 Titanium Silver Metallic 330xi with leatherette, cold weather package and AT for 35,895 plus taxes. The MSRP is $40,895, which includes a $695 delivery charge. I am not concerned about the new body style and this seem like a fair deal, is it or should I be looking elsewhere? Any comments would be appreciated. :)
    Do I hear 42???
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    Have the lease numbers for August changed yet? I haven't read anything about it on the 'fest.

What would I expect to pay for an '06 325i with Sport Package, Heated Seats, & Satellite Radio?

MSRP: $33,690
    Invoice: $31,445
    Selling Price: $32,345

36 month/15K per year lease
    .0025mf
    $0 Cap Cost reduction
    7.375% Sales Tax Rolled Into the payment

Thanks for your help in advance

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

i have a friend who knows someone that works at BMW of Fremont and he was able to do it for $500 over invoice. Im meeting him up this Saturday. I will let you guys know whether or not it's really "$500" above invoice. Im gonna ask him if he'd be able to do it for you guys too. I will definitely let you know this Saturday.
    Me too.

Fremont is only 20 miles away. If I buy it there, will the local dealers have any problems servicing my car?

Or do I typically bother the salesguy I bought it from for issues?
    The only 2005 (e46) models I saw at a local dealer (I'm in Northern CA) were coupes and convertibles.

This was a couple of months ago, right after they did all the dealer incentives which took off like $4200 off the bat on the old 330i sedans.
    i dont think you will have probs servicing elsewhere. Usually if you have issues about the car, then you can call the salesman. IF it's mechanical or things in that nature you can call any dealer.
  • dl2005dl2005 Member Posts: 4
    Just got an offer for an '06 325i for $34,370, which is $1,100 over invoice. Delaer is in N. California. Is this a good deal?
  • doublelattedoublelatte Member Posts: 2
    Thanks a lot!
    I actually spoke with a salesperson at BMW Fremont this morning. He gave me an offer for 2006 330i, I'm looking forward to hearing from you this Saturday again!
    depends on the options/package(s) you have on the car...
    The dealer received a $4000 incentive from BMW on this car...

That makes your effective price, just $1000 under MSRP.. I'd like to think that you could get another $1K-$2K less..

You might also ask about the in-service date, and whether the car has been marked as a demo... Chances are, they marked it sold on May 31st, when the incentives expired.

Nice car.. and if you don't care about getting a new one, I'd try to make a deal.. Just at a little lower number..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

does Fremont BMW list its inventory online? I'm interested in a loaded 325cic.
  • bigpapibigpapi Member Posts: 10
    Did you try the dealer in Peabody too? $1000 over invoice is a pretty good deal on this car. How did the negotiating go in Norwood (if there was any at all)?
    i just found out there's this fee that dealers add to the invoice prices. It's about 1% of whatever the invoice is. Does anyone know about this??
    I'm hoping $42,500 -- which is still $750 above invoice.
    Are they calling it an advertising fee?
    I forgot about the recent price increase. I think that a little bit south of 43 would be a very good price for a 2006 330i that invoices at 41.75.
    Recent price increase?
    Yeah, there was a price increase in late July (I want to say on or about July 20). It amounts to around $600 on the 330. I believe that the price increase only applies to cars ordered after July 20. I suppose that you could possibly avoid the price increase by finding the car you want in dealer's inventory (i.e., a car that the dealer had ordered for its inventory prior to the price increase). But if you order a car built to your specs at this time, . . .
    Oh - okay. That makes sense. Actually, I was having a car built to spec but it would take 7 weeks to arrive! So I am looking around for what's available.