Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• beamer06beamer06 Member Posts: 1
    Hi All,
    I am looking for 325Xi with automatic,prem package and Navigation.( Includes metallic,sat prep)
    i am quoted a price of $40,720
    finally they gave deal for $38,600...

Is that good price?

Please suggest

Thanks
  • tcn2ktcn2k Member Posts: 277
    Guys
    is this a good deal?
    325i MSRP 36,270.00
    10k mile a year.
    Due at signing 2000 (down) + 400 (security) + 500 (dealer fees) + 390.00 (monthly payment including tax etc.) = 3,290.00
    Monthly paymen including tax etc. 390.00. Will this be a good deal?

Residual is 64%
    MF 0.00225
  • brianm4brianm4 Member Posts: 33
    I leased a 325ci from Brecht a month ago. I contacted the Internet department and was quoted $950 over invoice (I believe the non-convertible modules are $450 over invoice). They tried to mark up the money factor and acquisition fees but I got these reduced during negotiations.
    I would also check with Beverly Hills BMW with an Internet request. Be careful with a bait and switch if you decide to purchase from them, I have heard they give you a very low quote via e-mail, but then add on extras when you come to purchase. If you are negotiating via phone or e-mail, request the final payment and drive offs before going to the dealer, if the numbers change, walk.
  • fisher54188fisher54188 Member Posts: 25
    Any suggestions on dealers?

We are looking for a 325i or 325xi with preminum package. Is it now a good time to buy or we should wait for a month or so till Sep?

appreciate any suggestions! :confuse:
  • jared1000jared1000 Member Posts: 20
    Just want to make sure that the MACO listed by a dealer was not excessive -- anybody know how much it is in the SoCal area for 3 series?

Thanks
  • sueatoptsueatopt Member Posts: 22
    In regard to low-balling - every dealer does it. In order to look lower next to the next guy. I get tons of people that email - just send a quote on BMW whatever. "I'm just looking for a quote." Why are you calling me? they say. I want just email, Hello people... you actually need to speak to a warm body most often, to get the 411. A quote is such a VAGUE term - anybody could quote a base car with no options in a manual, and then when you show up - "oh well... Internet Mgr, emailed me that...you wanted a quote on 325i and I gave you one.. it is called getting you in the door... then I add on premium, auto, heated seats, metallic, etc..does not include security, bank fee, tax, 1st month,> It's perceived that the car is that low. We want you to show up, and sell you an actual car. If you ask for a quote with a navigation car..chances are it has other options in it. Most cars with Nav. will have this and that in it. Occasionally, you'll find a car just with nav and leatherette, but be real it might need to be a factory order (10 WEEKS MAYBE). This car may be in CA. and you are in NY - be flexible.,

Listen...a quote is easy, anybody can do that - we might not have a car equipped that way, but..you'll get a low-ball quote from most dealers.. ask for the availability of the car. Ask questions, take calls from Internet People - put the correct phone info in so we can actually speak to you - alot of dealers will not take you seriously until they hear a voice. I have just recently found myself on both ends - buying a car, etc..I put in my real phone # and ruled out several dealers by just speaking with them. Sometimes it has to be a gut feeling, by talking. Everyone is offended when you call - as if...I am being intrusive when all I want to do is my job and do it honestly and straight-forward and actually assist you and sell you a car perhaps> And not LOW-BALL like the next guy. Car business is not all scammers - there are some legit - people out there. but with High-Line cars it's hard - don't expect to go under invoice, over invoice by $500, etc. It is a BMW!! - try and be real!! The price will only go sooo low!! Sorry for sounding off.& please actually go somewhere close to you and DRIVE THE CAR - MAKE SURE YOU EVEN LIKE IT BEFORE YOU PUT IN QUOTE REQUESTS FOR 10 BMW Dealers, when all you really desire is a Mercedes. :cry:

Thanks! and good luck!
  • needashowerneedashower Member Posts: 39
    BMW will be moving from the 325/330 configuration to the 328/335 configuration with the 2007 model year. Many buyers are holding off for the 2007. On the other hand, if you are looking for a good price on a 2006, this is a good time to buy. Dealers in Chicago are offering $500 over invoice. Don't listen to the last poster, buying a car should be like buying a refrigerator, regardless if its a Kia or BMW.
  • sueatoptsueatopt Member Posts: 22
    Hey, I am just being realistic! & definately pay attention to what every poster on forum have to say - If you've found a dealer to go $500 over on the BMW - God Bless! take it and run and stop shopping a $ - make sure it is what it is before you make the trip, make sure thay have that car in stock or can at least get it for you. & If the deal is that good on the front end, beware of the back end - ie, tacking on additional % on finance, aftermerket goodies, etc...& refrig/car - it's a whole different ballgame! I just got both... :)
  • moose123moose123 Member Posts: 15
    I received my 325i in June, and paid 1 percent over invoice. It was a car that I ordered, and came the way I wanted it. There were no aftermarket goodies, no additional percentages on finance, etc. While the price will change each month depending upon demand and other factors, there is nothing wrong with a buyer shopping agressively for the lowest price.
  • danny4233danny4233 Member Posts: 2
    Hi all,

I am considering buying 325i, with Auto Tran, Sport Package and Xeron headlight. MSRP is $35,820, and Invoice should be $32,890. Can you guys tell me what is the fair price for in car in S. Cal?
  • mahalo99mahalo99 Member Posts: 5
    I am also looking for the same car in Philly. Except I want the automatic.

I requested price quotes to all the dealers around here, and the lowest I got was $1000 under MSRP. I am probably going to buy my car this week though.

Have you bought yours yet?
  • dcardamonedcardamone Member Posts: 1
    BMW Novice here:

Should I accept this lease offer?

'06 325i Sedan = $30,900
    Green = $475
    Automatic = $1,275
    Radio prep = $75
    Net = $32,725
    Dest Charge = $695
    Total = 33,420

36month, 12K miles, sign & drive (no $ down) = $511 + tax

Does anyone know if this is a good deal?
    thanks a million
    Nope. I heard that you can get it for $500 or so over invoice in NJ. So, I'm consideration a trip :D

did you get yours?
    No, I am thinking about going tonight, and if I get the right price I will buy, but I dont have a problem walking.

The quotes that I have been getting are really high, about $800 OVER edmunds TMV.

If I could get $500 over invoice, I would be really happy.

Good luck, and let me know how it turns out for you.
    I'll wait, maybe, toward the end of the month. I'm working with dealers from NJ to see if they can get me a better price.
    will update the progress...

Same good luck to you!
    I just got my 2006 325xi, but I dont think I got that great of a deal...

Anyway, mine has the premium package, sparkling graphite metallic, cold weather package, automatic, and satellite prep. I was told it was $500 over invoice, and stupidly, I believed them, mainly because I had forgotten what the true invoice was. Anyway, I paid $37,200.

Hope you have better luck! Shoot me an e-mail if you want to know where I went (it was in NJ as well)
  • jared1000jared1000 Member Posts: 20
    can anyone tell me a fair price for these two options after purchasing a car?

how much should lojack cost and how much should a paint treatment and leather seat treatment cost?

are the treatments even necessary?

Thank you for any responses
  • airwolf878airwolf878 Member Posts: 1
    I made my first trip to a dealer last night and this is what they offered:

2006 330xi Manual Transmission
    Premium Package
    Cold Weather Package
    Sirius Satellite Radio
    Metallic Paint
    MSRP: $43,115

Lease offered for 3 years, 15k miles/year:
    $41,115 base price
    MF 0.00215
    Residual: 61%
    Due at signing: $551.23 first month, $600 deposit, $572.75 title registration etc., $825 acquisition, $1,301.26 sales tax
    Payment: $551.23

What do you guys think?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Hi, mahalo99..

You can name the dealership right here, so that it benefits everyone...

Just note the message printed in red..

Thanks,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• tdbrphtdbrph Member Posts: 40
    base MF is .00175 they are marking that up plus $200 on the aquisition fee. Otherwise it looks good consider using multiple security deposits to lower the MF down by .00007 for each security deposit up to a max of 7 which is returned at the end of the lease.
  • mathew1mathew1 Member Posts: 42
    Hi Everyone,

We are trying to negotiate a new car purchase for a new 2006 BMW 325xi in New England. Is Invoice + $200 for 325xi + automatic+heated seats a good deal going with the carsdirect.com invoice numbers. In addition do we have to pay MACO and training costs mandatory or do they waive them.

Thanks for your help.

Mat
  • bbydadbbydad Member Posts: 58
    is it confirmed that BMW is moving to the 328 for the sedans? I know this is true for the convertible --
    anyone heard of any other changes for 07? the body style is supposed to be the same -
    Mat -
    what is the exact price you're getting? any other options? cold weather package? premium package?
    bbydad,

being offered 33200 for 325xi + Auto + heated seats (basic paint not premium) +TTL+DOCFee etc. What do you think. It doesn't exactly match invoices on Edmunds etc but I figure they have other charges like someone mentioned in earlier discussions around MACO+training. BTW as it is the last model month for 2006, is under invoice possible.

Thanks.

Mat
    It is confirmed that 2007 is going to be 328i and 328xi for sedans as well. Body style remains the same. Just extra HP 15 in this case for 328 as opposed to 2006 325. All option packages remain more or less the same.

Hope that helps.
    I think that is a really good deal. Better than what I got.

Where are you located?
  • bluecherrybluecherry Member Posts: 3
    hey all,

Just came back from my local dealership in ny, and the salesman told me the 2007 328i model base cost costs $2500 more than 2006 325i. Is this possible or is he trying to rip me off? Thanks.
    It is more the latter. Not exactly sure about a 328i but the difference in price from what I know is more like utmost $1500.
    Mat - I think that is very reasonable. I had a similar configuration but with a few extras and they qoted me about 2000 under MSRP about a month ago. I think there may be more flexibility now as we get into september. BMW tends to really try to clear out inventory by September with lease specials. did you get a sense that there was still a significant amount of inventory? Did you have pretty good selection still?
    yes, I've heard only about a 2% increase in price. Also, keep in mind the 2007 include a 4 year subscription to BWM assist which I think is something like a 600 dollar option
  • bluecherrybluecherry Member Posts: 3
    So I'm thinking to get a 2006 325i with;

automatic,
    premium,
    heated front seat,
    navigation,
    mat paint and optional xeon light,

What is my best price in this time of year?

many thanks.
    Is the BMW Assist pretty much like Onstar. Do folks find this really worthwhile with flat free tires etc. But the total increase is more like 4-5% right including the above.
    My guess would be depending on the area you can start at invoice + 500-700.
    Thanks bbydad for the info. The selection is there for cars with prem packages but got the impression it is thin lightly loaded and also more off beat colors like Blue are not in stock. I get the same feeling that leases are under special values to clear but outright buy there seem to be no specials. Any feedback from others. Is it better to buy 2006 or wait to buy 2007 with higher price.
    Yes, i think it's like onstar -- u talk to someone live in your car. i had it for a year on my MBC240 and never used it, but i suppose it might come in handy. I think it would be safe to assume at least 2-3% increase in MSRP, but certainly would be more if you are taking into account discounts being offered on these late 2006s. I think I also heard something about the satellite radio prep (currently $75) on the 2006s being standard in 2007 and maybe better MP3 integration. I would love to see the xenon headlights become standard, but somehow I doubt it.
    I guess it also depends on ifyou think the extra horses with the 2007 are worth it. If you think that a 2007 328 xi would be closer to a 2006 330 xi, then maybe a reasonable comparision would be what you could get with a 2006 330 xi in the last few model months. As for the leases, I also did not get the sense that they were that great right now. The money factors still seem high for a closeout 2006, at least in comparision to other luxury sports sedans (e.g. Audi). I was hoping that the prices would be better for buying outright -(i.e. nearly invoice).
  • tribomems06tribomems06 Member Posts: 6
    Got a quote from one dealer in Chicago. 06 325xi with premium package, xeon headlight, automatic, titatium silver. $35570 includes destination. How do you think? Any suggestions? Thanks.
    I think that is a great deal as well!

Man, I guess I overpaid :)
  • sam_cowhansam_cowhan Member Posts: 7
    Where in Chicago-land did you get this deal from? I too have just begun working with MotorWerks in Barrington and Patrick BMW in Schaumburg. I'm wondering if you have experience with these two dealerships and which ones were willing to work with you more. I am trying to get to invoice only (maybe $200-300 more). Did they offer any good leases?
    This is really great deal. It is almost 500 below invoice. Congrats. Do others have the same experience getting under invoice?
  • tribomems06tribomems06 Member Posts: 6
    Sorry, a typo. 325i not xi. Beside automatic,premium package, and xeon headlights, satellite radio preparation is also included, the invoice is 34075. So my quoted price is about 1500 over invoice. I am talking with the dealer and try to lower it to 34800.
    In that case since it is a 325i and dealers have them in stock with prem package, I would think you should target to save an additional $500-$750 at least. If you are flexible with headlights, i have a feeling you can save more.
  • msaviusmsavius Member Posts: 6
    325i with exact same configuration as you except it's jet black, 34,700 is what dealer is selling for me.
  • mevandemevande Member Posts: 190
    I think the 34K range on a 325xi is a reasonable deal. I have always opted to spend a little more on a 3 year old 7 series (got spoiled!), certified. I was taken aback when I 1st read posts re: 3 series when the new models came out this year and were going for near 40K. 40K is too much $$ for a 'small' car with limited features (ie compared to a lower end 5xx series).. Just my 2 cents:)
  • johnnovajohnnova Member Posts: 2
    My first post.

I have the following offer on the table and wanted some opinions on it. Has anyone received $ 500.00 over invoice?

2006 325i - $28,300
    Premium Package: $2,640
    Metallic Paint: $430
    Automatic Transmission: $1,210
    Navigation: $1,820
    Heated Seats: $455
    Satellite Radio Prep: $70.00
    Maco: $380
    Destination: $695
    Invoice = 36,000
    + Taxes: $1,141.20 (3.17%)
    + Tags: $71.00
    + Processing Fee: $279
    = $37,491.20
    + Dealer Profit: $749.82 (2%)

Out the door price: $38,241.02
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Even with the processing fee, that is only $1000 over invoice.... Seems like a very fair deal..

3.17% tax? Nice..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

yes there are offers to have 500 or less over invoice even on basic models. Yours looks like a good deal but knowing you are buying the entie enchillada of options and depending on how much patience and time you have, it can be improved.
    agree with mat. there should be more "give" on the loaded models. Mat - how did u make out with your 325xi?
    I did end up purchasing a 325xi 2006 model (not 2007) with the options listed in my prev email. I got it $250 over carsdirect invoice. I know I could have saved a little bit more but not worth the hassle. I also did not want to wait for 2007 as the price is going up and based on the inventory available, which is tight for xi, prices are not going to drop much in the next month until the 2007s hit the road. I also feel another 15hp won't make a difference much. Hope that helps everyone in their shopping.
    Hey Mat
    Congrats - I'm sure you're having fun with it. I think your price sounds really good -- was it $33200 in the end? What color did you get? Do you mind sharing which NE dealer? I may take the plunge myself - not sure I want to wait for 2007 either if I decide to buy outright. If I decide to lease, I may wait.