Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• blueguydotcomblueguydotcom Member Posts: 6,249
    Seems like a nice deal on the surface but consider putting in that EXACT car on edmunds.com used car appraiser. I think you're gonna be shocked how much that car is worth with 5 miles on it. The 2006 330i is a lame duck that lost value at an insane pace because of the 335i and 328i - well over 20% off msrp in its first year.

Trade in value will be about 34k.
  • costerocostero Member Posts: 3
    Actually, it's not really a used car per se...it's just a 2006 car that hasn't been sold yet with 100 miles on it. Is this considered 'used'?? Is the 328i and 335i alot better of a car compared to 330?
    I also have another offer to consider and so undecided between the two cars...2007 328i, red barrique red with beige interior, premium, auto trans, sports, power rear sunshade/rear manual side window shade, navigation. MSRP 43,070. Offer: 42,000 (includes destination charge) + tax, title, licensing. Tried to negotiate closer to the invoice of $38,900 but dealer will not budge. Any tips? I am complete NOVICE at this! I am buying, not leasing.
    Thanks!
  • baccus49baccus49 Member Posts: 60
    Does anyone know if you still get free maintenance from BMW for a slightly used late model vehicle?
    I am trying to decide if it is worth it to get a slightly used 3 series.
  • jtlajtla Member Posts: 388
    Dealers LOVE novice buyers. Do your homeworks by researching some more on this forum and other sites such as bimmerfest.com. Don't be taken for a ride.

For the 2006 330i, it is LAST YEAR's car and depreciates accordingly -- used or not. Especially with the introduction of the twin-turbo 335i, it has got to take a real hard hit. 20% is a good estimate, as BGDC has suggested. Your offer is about $3,200, or 7%, off MSRP. If you live in West Coast, you can knock 5% off sticker without too much hassle on 2007 335i; if you live in East Coast, do ED and save 10% or more.

As to 2007 328i, $500 to $800 over invoice deal is not hard to get. Send emails to Internet department of dealers in your region and offer $500 over invoice. You may be surprised by the response.

Best of luck.
    4 yr 50k on the car, even if you sell it to some bum after taking delivery - then he gets the remainder of the warranty. If the car is declared used, I'd rather it have a CPO warranty attached too.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,046
    I like the idea of the new '07 328i better... Maybe for about $1000-$1500 less than what they are asking for it, though...

If you do go with the '06, there are a few things to look out for..

Does the car already have an in-service date? If so, you've lost some time on your warranty.

Is the car a buyback? Or maybe damaged in transit and had some body work?

It is pretty hard to still have an '06 sitting around this late into the year... Usually, it would be a service loaner, or demo... but, not with 100 miles.

If you decide to go with the '07 328i, the lease deals just got better for them this month..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• theasker1theasker1 Member Posts: 4
    can someone please help me and tell me if this is a good deal or a scam

328xi with heated seats and automatics seats and automatic transmission
    3 years, 12000 miles/year
    $410/month
    zero cap reduction
    $1356 taxes
    total due at signing incl 1st month is $3146

is this a good deal. its a demo car with 6000 miles on it. please help me.
  • sonyswsonysw Member Posts: 34
    A. Not good at all. The price for is $500-800 above invoice. I got mine MSRP $37700 328icoupe for $35500. I lease the car 0 down with total drive off $1536 (DMV, fee and first payment of $499 per month tax included). I have to pay $500 security deposit. Lease 15k/36 months

B. You can service is anywhere but you may not get a loaner car.
    Just got my 328i coupe in SoCal Pacific BMW $500 above invoice (no destination charge).
  • ili5ili5 Member Posts: 9
    Hi,

I ordered a 335i coupe toward the end of December which was initially to be delivered mid February, but was subsequently delayed to the end of February (no clear answer why). The car still has not arrived and the dealer is unsure as to when it will (it is still in transit I was told). Has anyone else had this experience, or know when the next delivery to the East coast will be? Thanks.
    Did your dealer give you the VIN number? If so, you can track your car on-line, via the BMW Owner's Circle...

But, your dealer should be able to find out what ship the car is on, what day it is due in port, etc..

He may not know exactly when it will be at the dealership, but he should be able to find out exactly where it is now. If he says he can't, then I'd be worried..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• rich644rich644 Member Posts: 12
    greetings,

Is there any way to find out the BMWFS money factor and residuals on left over 2006s. My dealer still has some left over 2006 M3 convertibles, and I was wondering if they are offering the same good lease deals as they are on the 2007s

Thanks

rich
  • iceman2011iceman2011 Member Posts: 12
    yea i would like to know that too
  • redbaron96redbaron96 Member Posts: 4
    I am getting a 335 sedan with auto, premium and satellite for 36 months and 15k/year.
    MSRP is $43,715.
    Negotiated price is $42,100.
    Bank fee is $825.
    MF is .00165
    Residual is 61%.
    Monthly payment is $566.xx plus tax
    Drive off is first month plus tags and DMV fees.

Is this a good deal? I tried to negotiate a lower price, but dealer wouldn't budge--best offer of all dealers I contacted. How much lower should I be able to get?

Thanks in advance!
  • jim_beamjim_beam Member Posts: 10
    You don't say where you are located and I am not sure if this helps you. In NoCal, I got a lot of $500 over invoice offers for the 328i for straight purchase deal. I haven't been able to buy yet :(
  • robertsimonrobertsimon Member Posts: 4
    HI
    One of the dealer gave me a quote for 328i coupe with premium package, sports package, logic 7 sound and heated front seats for 39,200 dollars which is $650 over the invoice price.

Is it a good deal to go for? I am new to this car dealing stuff...anyone plss help me whether this is a good deal to with. I am from whiteplains, newyork.

This is the best offer I got from the dealers in and around jersey.
  • redbaron96redbaron96 Member Posts: 4
    I'm from Florida.
  • gwill458gwill458 Member Posts: 2
    Hi all,

I have an '07 335CIC hardtop convertible on order for April (hopefully) delivery. Still haven't seen anything "official" on pricing for the car, and I'm wondering if any of you out there have an earlier delivery planned and have seen pricing detail.
    Base price is $49,875 including destination...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• gwill458gwill458 Member Posts: 2
    Options?
    Those are extra...lol..

Seriously, I don't have the rest of the numbers... but, your dealer does. They came out about a week ago..

A lot of the numbers you could extrapolate off current coupe option pricing, if you don't want to call the dealer.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

HI
    One of the dealer gave me a quote for 328i coupe with premium package, sports package, logic 7 sound and heated front seats for 39,200 dollars which is $650 over the invoice price.

Is it a good deal to go for? I am new to this car dealing stuff...anyone plss help me whether this is a good deal to go with. I am from whiteplains, newyork.

This is the best offer I got from the dealers in and around jersey. Any one out there to suggest me on this price???
    If you are happy with $650 over invoice, then it's a good deal. It's up to you, if you want to haggle for more.

A good deal = happy with the price you paid.
  • broadway1broadway1 Member Posts: 9
    I have been interested in a 2007 328i sedan with all the bells and whistles, About a $44,000 msrp price tag. I live in N.J. and am new to this whole leasing thing. What would be an average deal for a 3yr 12,000 mile lease? I would be willing to put down up to $4,000 to keep the payments down if I had to. What would be a fair residual price? If I go to the bmw website it states 3yr 10,000 $480 month with $4000 down but shows no residual. Very confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • realcrapperrealcrapper Member Posts: 22
    Do you mind telling me whom you were dealing with? I'm dealing with someone at Pacific who's saying that he can do $750 over invoice on a 335i Sedan, but can't waive MACO ($380) or the destination charge ($775). That's $1,155 that I'd rather not spend...
  • trewquistrewquis Member Posts: 30
    I don't know if that's a good price or not, but I just ran the numbers and it is more like $1,200 over invoice. Sounds like they are throwing in some fees that they're not being up front about. With people being so obsessed with invoice prices, dealers are throwing in paperwork fees, prep fees, training fees, etc. Next they'll start charging you to park the car at the dealership. Still, at the end of the day, if that's the lowest anyone will offer you, then it's a good deal.
  • va_bmwva_bmw Member Posts: 3
    March 07' deal on 328i sedan
    MSRP 39,295
    Sales Price 37,275
    Lease, 10K/ 36 months
    Residual, .64
    Money Factor .00175
    Acq. Fee 825 + Doc. Fee 100 (no sec. deposit)
    Monaco/leather, Auto, Xenon, Premium, heated seats,
    $2000 down and 464 a month.

No idea if this is a good deal or not, though dealer promises it is (likely!). Are they trying to take advantage of me because they think I am a girl that does not understand cars?
    Please visit http:\\www.leaseguide.com

You are not keeping your payment down when you put cash into the car - you're just taking 4k out of your bank and putting it in BMW's pocket immediately. Drop that 4k into a 5% Ameritrade/etrade account.

3 yr 12k mile with a 328i coupe is:

36 mo/12k mi – Residual Value 60% of MSRP – .00125 Money Factor Buy Rate

44k MSRP
    42k base (assuming you're decent at negotiating)
    36 months
    60% residual
    3%/0.00125 MF (no markup and no MSDS on your part)
    7.75 tax (don't know your tax rate)
    = 559 a month
    Total out of pocket = ~20100

Put 3850 into multiple security deposits and your new MF is 0.0076 (0.00125 - 0.00049)
    Your lease rate would be about $523 a month and you'd get your 3850 back at the end of the lease.
    Grand total spent ~18800 (+ you get 3850 back)

Going your way
    44k msrp
    40k base
    0.00125 mf
    60 residual
    7.75% tax
    496 per month
    Grand total spent: 17865 + 4000 down payment = 21865
    I was dealing with the sales person Ricardo at the end of the month (Feb). Make sure that they have the car that you want otherwise it is hard to get a good price. Are you planning to lease or buy ?
    I'm planning on leasing. I had a bit of a revelation today with regards to the relationship between Money Factor and Security Deposits. Figured out that putting the MAX security down on a BMW lease is equivalent (for the car that I'm looking at) to a $4000 investment that pays 13% APR over 3 years... TAX FREE. I'm sure everyone else on this board has already figured this out, but this blew my mind.
  • jtlajtla Member Posts: 388
    Your price is about $500 over invoice (including MACO and training), so it is a decent deal. However, the BMWFS buy rate for 328i sedan just dropped from 0.00155 in February to 0.00125 in March. Without security deposit, the base MF would be .0014. In addition, your dealer also tries to mark up $200 on acquisition fee. Therefore, there is definitely room for negotatiion.
    You're getting taken. VA sales tax is 4%, right? WITH NO MONEY DOWN, your payment should be $464/month based on those numbers.
    I checked the invoice in Edmunds.com...by puttin all the options there....Manual 328I coupe with premium package, sports package, logic 7 sound and heated front seats.

None of the dealers here are willing to beat this quote. So seems there is no ther go except going with this guy....Wat say??

With the option Ihave mentioned.....edmund invoice is 38,490 and the price I am getting is 39,140

All the BMW dealers in NY and NJ seems very greedy..none of them are responding well.
  • quiltingattyquiltingatty Member Posts: 5
    I just saw the convertible brochure and really want one. I will probably go with the 328i. Does anyone know anything about these new convertibles? Not just price...are they supposed to be any good as a convertible? They sure are gorgeous!! Made me give up the idea of the X3 !
  • david2008david2008 Member Posts: 4
    Looking to buy a 335i Coupe in the coming month or so in the bay area. I've heard of the high demand and many dealers not being willing to go below MSRP? any truth to that?
    Also, since I'm ordering for delivery, do dealers have any problem taking outside finance checks (e.g., e-loan)?
    David,

Here's an awesome post from a guy who contacted over 30 dealers around California, AZ and NV.

http://bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180505

This will tell you quite a bit about who will and won't deal. Also, any dealer that claims high demand doesn't want your business - especially if you're willing to order.

And they'll take the money in outside finance checks, pennies, whatever works as currency.
  • va_bmwva_bmw Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the advice. I will push for the lower MF. There is another dealer 4 miles away, so I have options!

Thanks again.
  • david2008david2008 Member Posts: 4
    Great thanks, that post is very helpful; I haven't contacted dealers online before, but anything you'de put in that email besides the specs, timing, and asking them for their best offer? thanks again
    Write out the specs and the invoice price with all features (don't forget training and delivery fees).

Tell them your target delivery date.
    Sorry, I missed the heated seats. In any event, I'm interested to see what you find since I'm in CT and am thinking about something similar. I'm curious, from White Plains why have you gone over to Jersey but not CT.

Still, you should watch out for doc fees, advertizing fees, training fees, prep fees, etc. They could tack another thousand dollars onto your price.

Good luck.
    Hi I got a quote from a dealer in CT. He is asking for 39,700 for the same car. No one is responding properly. I got this deal from a dealer near my office. His name is Clinton Ma....BMW of Mt.Kisco. I will give you his contact numbers if you are interested.

Seems there is no hidden fees he charged me. He gave me everything on paper. This price includes shipping and handling .
    He also gave me the final cost on road with taxes etc....42,550 dollars.
    Wat say?
  • broadway1broadway1 Member Posts: 9
    I didnt know that you could do that (multiple security deposits) is there a max in each deposit? I e-mailed one dealer and he told me $474 for 30 months, 10,000 miles per year with $3,000 due at signing.But he did not include the residual. I contacted him again about the residual and he quoted me $41,803.55 which sounds extremely high. I havent stopped in any dealers yet because I wanted to know the line of crap I would hear before hand so I could do my homework. Thanks for your time, I just dont want to walk into a dealer with a bullseye painted on my forehead.
    Thanks, sounds good. I'm sure with the information you gave me I could find him.

>Wat say?

I'm always skeptical until the last paper is signed and the keys are in your hands.

Good luck.
  • wbb56wbb56 Member Posts: 45
    Does anyone know the March money factor for the 335i sedan? I've seen .00125 and .00160.

Thanks!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• amjusticeamjustice Member Posts: 4
    Are you sure this is correct? I have seen .00125 thrown around a lot on the leasing thread.
    Yes.. I'm sure..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

The 125 would be for coupes. Sometimes we quote based on what we're assuming from the writer's text.
  • nvnicknvnick Member Posts: 50
    BMW Financial Services Lease Rates and Residuals – Effective 3/5/07

Add 2% to Residual Value for 12k mi/yr and 3% for 10k mi/yr on all terms

2007 BMW 328Ci Coupe

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 68% of MSRP – .00125 Money Factor Buy Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 58% of MSRP – .00125 Money Factor Buy Rate

2007 BMW 328i Sedan

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 71% of MSRP – .00125 Money Factor Buy Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 61% of MSRP – .00125 Money Factor Buy Rate

2007 BMW 335i Coupe

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 68% of MSRP – .00170 Money Factor Buy Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 58% of MSRP – .00170 Money Factor Buy Rate

2007 BMW 335i Sedan

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 71% of MSRP – .00160 Money Factor Buy Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 61% of MSRP – .00160 Money Factor Buy Rate
  • sfmarssfmars Member Posts: 13
    Can someone please confirm the .00125 for coupes? I'm actually in the process of negotiating a lease right now and the dealer didn't seem willing to goto .00125.