Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    losangelinolosangelino Member Posts: 5
    Sounds like no dealer in Southern California is offering any significant discounts on the 335i coupe. Someone on this forum suggested Nick Alexander BMW but they've given me about similar numbers as the rest of the cocky dealers who are milking the demand for all its worth.

So far this is the best deal that I've gotten:

Configuration - Premium, Sport, Navigation, metallic paint, Steptronic with paddle shifters

Lease terms - 36 months, No CAP reduction, 15K/yr

Selling Price - $48,595
    MF - 1.75
    Residual - 58%

Monthly payment (inclusive of CA sales tax) = $759.16

Drive off = $2,669,10 (Lic & Reg - $384.75, Bank Fee - $625, Documentation Fee - $45, First Payment - $759.16, Security Deposit - $800)

I personally think the Selling Price, Residual and MF are outrageous. I know BMWNA controls these numbers but does anyone know if they will be modified to make the leases more attractive. Not now, but maybe around thanksgiving when the '08s start rolling in? Also would leasing with a private bank give me a better rate than thru BMWFS?

Thanks for the input!
  • Options
    hugo5hugo5 Member Posts: 68
    that really helps to know. She does insist, that her invoice price is in fact higher than edmunds, and is willing to fax me the invoice, but whatever...
    More importantly, do you know the residual value and MF for a 39 month lease with 10k?
  • Options
    pepperjackpepperjack Member Posts: 12
    Just received the contract - a day late and over $500 short. The lease now uses 11 MAY 2007 as the start date, with payments due on the 11th of each month thereafter. The adjusted cap cost is now listed as $34,517.50.

--- [5 minutes and 1 phone call later] ---

The $500+ increase was with the Road Hazard RFT insurance. Apparently, his usual Finance Mgr. is in Cabo - and he had his "other finance guy" draw up this lease...blah blah. In any event, he is Fedexing me another contract, using 12 MAY 2007 as the start date, with payments due on the 12th of each month thereafter. The adjusted cap cost will be $34,000.00. I mentioned that I would take the Road Hazard insurance at cost - but received more or less a nonresponsive answer. I did not mention the 1/4 tank of gas...yet.
  • Options
    bacon3bacon3 Member Posts: 2
    hi, any bimmer fans who live in GA knows which dealership offers best deal on 335i sedan in atlanta area? The options i am looking for are Premium Package + On-Board Navigation System + Sport Package + 6-Speed STEPTRONIC Automatic Transmission + Comfort Access + Park Distance Control + Paddle Shifters. thanks
  • Options
    dougsilverdougsilver Member Posts: 62
    I am also in the LA area and have done some very preliminary research for my next car. The 335i was initially up there in the running but I wanted to see and drive one and the local dealers have none to see. I really hate it when an auto manufacturer plays these games of "short supply" to keep prices up there. These cars are really not exotics and I have to believe they can crank them out by the 1000s but they control the supply side of the equation. We consumers control the demand side and, I guarantee, when these cars start sitting on the lots there will suddenly be more attractive pricing.
  • Options
    donnabgood1donnabgood1 Member Posts: 39
    I just got my 07 328i today and I love it! The one option I paid extra for (400 dollars for) is the USB hookup. I ordered it from the factory to be installed. I thought it would be installed in the glove box, but when my salesman delivered they moved it to the center console, which as a side note I have to say is tricky to open. Sure enough there was a usb input there as well as the standard aux input. It came with a usb input.. one side fit in the BMW USB import but the other side was way to small for the I-pod.. so I went into my house and found a USB input that fit perfectly.. and for over 3 hours now, my I-pod says do not disconnect.. and of course I cannot get it to play, I cannot access and sound from the radio. I have i-drive too on this car. My salesman told me it will take a while for the I pod to download because I have a 60 gig ipod..but still 3 hours later? Is that something that will have to be done eveytime? If anybody has this option please let me know your experience. I don't know where to post it, so I am posting it in a few different places.

Thanks so much for any knowledge you can shed on this subject.

Donna
  • Options
    well sounds like you are getting what you want -- them redating the contract.. as far as deciding to include the RFT warr on your contract or not, that's a flip of a coin, on one hand you have a low monthly factor, but on the other hand when you add anything to a lease payment you get charged monthly because they add sales tax to the pymt..hope they give you the insurance at a better price.. glad it all worked out for you.

I just got my 328i yesterday.. I love it.. I think I was looking for excuses to drive everywhere yesterday..forget about delivering that pizza -- I'll pick it up myself.. lol.

Happy motoring,
    Donna
  • Options
    bacon3bacon3 Member Posts: 2
    any 335 owner who lives in Atlanta knows which dealership offer bast deal? The options i am looking for are Premium Package + Sport Package + Park Distance Control + 6-Speed STEPTRONIC Automatic Transmission + Comfort Access + 3-Stage Heated Front Seats + Park Distance Control + Paddle Shifters. If any owner of 335i sedan who lives in GA has the same options , please tell me what's your purchase price. i'd really appriciate!!
  • Options
    konetakoneta Member Posts: 1
    Hello,
    My name is Gabriel Koneta. I find your posting about LCS leasing agent. I called them up to help me with my BMW lese, but they work only with people with refferals. Would you be so kind and give me your name or call them to reffer me to them. I really would aprechiate it.

My email is public. You can use it to reply.

Thanks for your help

Gabriel
  • Options
    newgionewgio Member Posts: 4
    Hi everyone,

I'm in the market for 328i coupe and can't make up my mind which dealership to go to. I know dealer can make a big difference, so I'd like to be somewhat informed before I go. Has anyone had any good or bad experience worth mentioning in NYC area? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance...
  • Options
    circlewcirclew Member Posts: 8,666
    Circle BMW, Rte 36, Eatontown, NJ. You still need to negotiate but the service is excellent.

Regards,
    OW
  • Options
    I am sorry, this is probably obvious, but I am drawing a blank, as my mind is overloaded with numbers.
    This is a comparison for a 328i, between a 36month/10k and a 39month/10k lease. Which one should I go with:

328i 39 month lease (64% residual value & .0016MF)

$34,645 msrp
    $33282.50 sales
    $22172.80 residual
    $11109.70 depr. = $284.86 + $88.73 = $373.59/month

$14569.95 (full payment in 39 month)
    +$625 (bank fee)
    =$15194.95 x 8.375%
    =$1272.58 (total tax)
    +$ 625.00 (bank Fee)
    +$373.59 (first month)
    =$2271.17 (out of pocket, not including DMV/plates transfer)

328i 36 month lease (64% residual/.0014 MF)
    $34,645 msrp
    $33282.50 sales price
    $22172.8 residual
    $11109.7 = $308.60 + 77.63742 =$386.23/month

$13904.28 (full payment in 36 month)
    +$625 (bank fee)
    =$14529.28 x 8.375%
    =$1216.8272 (total tax)
    +$625 bank fee
    +$386.23
    =$2228.06 (out of pocket, not including DMV/plates transfer)
  • Options
    pepperjackpepperjack Member Posts: 12
    The lease contract arrived yesterday, drafted according to my specified expectations. Accordingly: I signed it. The only two (2) issues left are the non-full-gas-tank and the RFT warranty.

Regarding the tank-o-gas, I asked the dealer about this, he indicated that their policy is to provide a full tank, that an error was made, that this issue is actually asked on the BMW Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) survey, and that, accordingly, he would send me a check for enough to pay for a tank of gas.

Regarding the R.O.A.D. InTire policy for the RFT's, I offered $200, the dealer said he thought it cost them more than that, but that he would ask his dealership's insurance guy about it and get back to me right away. That was two (2) days ago. In that time, I have done more research on this subject in forums on Edmunds and Bimmerfest devoted specifically the topic of BMW Tires & Wheels. Presently, I am considering the following plan: Driving on my Bridgestone Potenzas that came w/ my BMW for about 10,000 miles; then ordering Kumho Ecsta ASX - w/ Road Hazard insurance - from TireRack.com to use until they wear out; and then putting the original Potenzas back on to use until and return at lease-end.

In any event: I love driving again. I don't think I'll be having pizza delivered any time soon either, Donna!
  • Options
    newgionewgio Member Posts: 4
    Hi everybody,

went to a dealer today to negotiate a deal on 328i coupe lease. Not only they would not give me any discount on MSRP, but they say wait is 4 months now. Has anybody else had the same experience? I'm in NYC area. Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance...
  • Options
    rock64rock64 Member Posts: 4
    New Century BMW Internet Department great deal that I got am sure they will take care of you.
  • Options
    I'm so happy you're enjoying your BMW too PepperJack. As far as the tires I have no knowledge..matter of fact when I see all these posts on-line about oil grade, and run flats complaints..it makes my head spin..to me, the Bridgestones runs perfect, there's not a thing I would change about the car, but what's good for me may not be up to par for others..my pocketbook is glad I am not in that camp.. lol.

anyway so happy to hear how much you like your car -- each of us here are so lucky to be living in this time and driving such an awesome car. :)

Best regards,
    Donna
  • Options
    trewquistrewquis Member Posts: 30
    They are within spitting distance of each other.

Anyway, the $13/month more for the 36 month lease means you would pay for a little over 37 months of the 39 month lease and the additional two months with a new lease would set you back some more cash. So marginally I would say go with the 39 month option.
  • Options
    popgrowl1popgrowl1 Member Posts: 3
    I have an lease offer from a South Florida dealer on a 3351 sedan with premium, sport, automatic, Sirius. The selling price quoted to me is $45,895. The average paid on Edmunds = $45,156).

The dealer wants a monthly lease payment with tax (7%) of $690. Approximately $2200 up front cost including first payment.

Three questions; is this a reasonable deal (I have my doubts judging from several of the postings from others)?

Is it overly simplistic of me to focus on the amount of monthly payment w/o getting caught up in the complexities of the lease details that make up that number? In other words, is there a consensus monthly lease number out there for a car costing this much? If so, my focus should be more on getting a good price on the car and I can then make it the dealer's job to try and reach that "consnnsus" number? The lease complexities elude me and I just have a feeling that unless I do a considerable amount of homework to bring my skills up to that of the dealer, they can throw me a last second curve ball...and I've never been able to hit the curve ball.

And lastly, assuming this is not a good deal, what is a fair monthly payment for this car?

Thank you
  • Options
    nizo53nizo53 Member Posts: 4
    Hey popgrowl, I live in tampa and searched almost 8 dealers in FL until Fields in Orlando wanted to work with me. Ask for Ed Hanson....he hooked me up.
  • Options
    solinsolin Member Posts: 13
    I'm interested in either purchasing or leasing a 328I. If I decide to go with a lease, are these numbers a good deal? Additionally, is it possible to figure out what the money factor is based on these numbers? Thanks in advance to anyone with information :)

Start: 05/01/2007 End: 05/31/2007 $353 Monthly Payment Calculate Other Monthly Payments
    36 Month Term
    $2500 Down Payment
    $400 Security Deposit
    10000 Annual Mileage
    Restrictions Lease is based on a 2007 BMW 328i Sedan with optional Metallic Paint and Sport Package.
    Comments $3253 due at signing. Dealer participation may vary. Incentives and Rebates are provided subject to the terms of our Visitor Agreement.
  • Options
    grantcv1grantcv1 Member Posts: 1
    I am in San Diego and am looking for a 328i Coupe. So far, I am a bit underwhelmed by BMW. First, my expectation coming in was that BMW was "The Ultimate Driving Machine". Accordingly, I want a 328i with a manual transmission in Montego blue with sport and premium packages. Aside from the 335 engine choice, that seems to me to be the quintessential definition of a driver's 3-series coupe. But what do I find at all the dealers - acres and acres of bland silver, grey, black and white automatic sedans optioned out with things I don't want. I need to order what I want as there isn't a single montego blue coupe with a manual transmission sitting in a lot or on its way in the whole US. Wow, so who really buys BMW's these days?

Anyway, I test drove an automatic coupe - but I can't say I was impressed. My other cars are a 2002 Audi A4 Quattro and a 2005 Lotus Elise. Maybe I was expecting too much from the coupe. If the dealer had a manual available for that "Ultimate Driving Machine" experience things might have been different.

The best deal so far is $700 over invoice (plus advertising fee and training fee), but their offer on the trade-in of my Audi was $2000 below the Kelley Blue Book trade-in value - so I am resisting doing it.

I am disappointed - the 3-series coupe isn't looking like my next car
  • Options
    >Wow, so who really buys BMW's these days?

Well at least you're not in the northeast, dealer lots are loaded with hundreds of 328xi's with auto trannys - a combination that can't get out of its own way. Along the same lines though, all the Lexus IS's are auto AWD IS250s, a car that's probably slower than a 10 year old Camry.

You raise an interesting question, you weigh these cars down with these options and transmissions and at least in terms of acceleration they're worse than mainstream V6 Altima's, Accords, and Camrys, so why do people pay $10K more for these cars?
  • Options
    jb_shinjb_shin Member Posts: 357
    Having lived in Germany for about 3 years and enjoyed driving BMW there, I feel that we are missing a big part of the whole experience. It is pretty amazing to feel the stability and the nimbleness of the car at speeds of 100mph +. Acceleration from 0 to 60 does not matter much but the pull at speeds is impressive. I preferred driving my 95 Integra through the city streets where it was far lighter on its feet than my 530 but no question on which is better on the autobahn.

Is that worth 10k more, I am not sure. As much as I like my BMW, I had to ask myself a question when options cost more than a Hyundai.

WRT the manual transmission availability, let's face it. BMW/MB are more status symbol than ever, and enthusiasts are in the minority. If I had to buy a new BMW, I am ordering it the way I want it and picking it up in Germany.

I have not driven the 3-series coupe, but have driven 335i sedan with auto and non-sports, E46 and E36 non-sports models. E46 and E36 both were porky and so unimpressive that I would have never bought a BMW if I had not driven the 530 with sports pkg. However, the E90 model with its RFT and non-sport still performed pretty well. I doubt I would buy without sports pkg, but it was still much better drive than its predecessors. So give it a chance, try to find one (used or new) and drive it.
  • Options
    ajscratch71ajscratch71 Member Posts: 6
    I am considering the purchase of an '07 335i(auto) with sport and premium packages. While my brother owns an '06 325i, I am looking for a greater cross-section of individuals with which to converse about any mechanical/electrical problems associated with the new E90 platform. The only problem my bro has reported has been a leak in the sunroof. I would be a first time BMW owner if I decide to purchase it. Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    I agree with what you're saying about stability at speed and the home market, but I've been to Germany too and the almost all the cars are manual transmission, most are not four wheel drive, and they don't have vinyl seats (leatherette by any other name..) and a bunch of other worthless options that weigh the car down and increase the price. A no frills 328i would probably take some shine off the luxury image they are cultivating, but I'm certain would be a better performer and more fun to drive.

While we're on the subject, a popular model around here has been the 525xi, how much of a dog is that car? Again it's not just BMW, the auto AWD IS250 screams get out and push.
  • Options
    trusaleen1trusaleen1 Member Posts: 98
    I have been offered the following deal. The dealership is offering me $1250 over European invoice on a 2008 BMW 335i Coupe through the European Delivery program. The only option I want is the sport package. There price around $37.9k Is this a fair price for ED. I want to know what is a fair bank fee and lease factor? Also what should the residual be.
  • Options
    rebirth24rebirth24 Member Posts: 13
    Where are you located?
  • Options
    I live in Northern California, by San Francisco
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    Not knowing the 2008 prices, I can't really speculate on whether $37,900 is a good deal or not..

But, if it is truly only $1250 over ED invoice, without any add-ons, it will be a great price..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Yeah Kyfdx, its $1250 over ED invoice using the 2007 numbers. So what are fair bank fees residiual etc.

This is whats proposed, are these fair
    $825 bank fees
    61% residual on 12,000
    $650 security deposit
  • Options
    Ahhh... a lease..

They are marking up the acquisition fee by $200. Unless you negotiate it ahead of time, you can be certain they will mark up the money factor, as well..

As far as residuals and money factors? They can't know what those are on a car that isn't available yet. They are just quoting you '07 model numbers.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    scsnospamscsnospam Member Posts: 5
    My lease on a 2004 330i w/ automatic, premium package is up next month. I checked out the new 328i, but wasn't blown away. My options are

1. Keep the 330i. On a 3 year plan, my payments will go up to ~ $680 (I'm currently paying $570 on my 15k, 36 month lease)
    2. Return the 330i, and lease the 328i. The 328i has 16 inch wheels vs 17" on the 330i, run flat tires vs regular tires, regular stereo vs HK Logic 7 on the 330i. It does have an ipod input though!

What do think is the better option? I love driving my car, and feel it has enough power for me. Does the new 328i offer a similar experience? Same amount of torque at highway speeds?

Financially, the 328i lease might work out to < $500 on a 12k, 36 month lease, in the SF Bay area, given what I have read on these forums.
  • Options
    vsaxenavsaxena Member Posts: 211
    kyfdx:

I just saw the reply you posted about a month ago. Things are fine. Now I am NYC-BF; a big move.

And yup, the family deal was a good one. It is now becoming quite easy. An email, a 2 minute phone call and it is all done :). I am getting to appreciate the value of relationships ..
  • Options
    vsaxenavsaxena Member Posts: 211
    trusaleen1:

As kyfdx mentioned, watch out for lease rate markups. They can make the deal much more expensive.

And also be aware that the availability for 335 non-sedand for ED is very restricted due to supply demand issues. Most people are getting dates after September (effectively 2008 model year).

$1250 with base lease rates is a great deal on a hot car.
  • Options
    asninlaasninla Member Posts: 9
    where did you get a MF rate of 1.75? Is that .00175? Seems way too low.
  • Options
    losangelinolosangelino Member Posts: 5
    @ Fleetrates.com
  • Options
    drgibbydrgibby Member Posts: 2
    Who is the dealer in brooklyn? I want to get quotes outside of my area in NC on a 2007 328i. Thanks.
  • Options
    I dealt with Life Quality in Bay Ridge Brooklyn on 4th ave.
    The best quote they gave me for a 328i 36/10k base with automatic transmission and powered seats (both options not standard) in metallic color was:
    MSRP $35920
    $2346.83 out of pocket (no money down, just fees and taxes)
    $399/month
    with my math it came out to around $33 500 cap cost and seems like a really honest deal.
    You might be able to get the cost down to $370/month if you go with base color, stick and no other extras.
    What I liked about them was, that they didn't give me any of the normal dealer crap. They just gave me the best deal they had, no negotiaion necessary, didn't push me into anything and gave me al info I wanted incl. MF and Residual, even over the phone, suggesting I should shop around, which I did and went back to them, as theirs was the best deal.
    Hope that helps.
  • Options
    drgibbydrgibby Member Posts: 2
    Thanks, Hugo5! Much appreciated.
  • Options
    deejay2099deejay2099 Member Posts: 36
    Jack, which dealer in Jersey did you get that deal from?
  • Options
    ssteel25ssteel25 Member Posts: 5
    Hi all:

Anyone have the current MF and residual for a 3yr/36k lease on a 335i coupe vs. a 335i sedan?

335i coupe = 0.00185 MF / 0.60 Res ???
    335i sedan = ??? / ???

Thanks in advance.

Scott
  • Options
    June numbers?

Probably not until the middle of next week..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    I'm okay with May numbers just as a sanity check. I don't imagine a night and day difference between May/June.

But, I will be sure to check back in a few weeks if you don't mind me bugging you again. My current lease is up at the end of Aug. and I'm anxious to get something pinned down as soon as I can.

Thanks again for all the help.

Scott
  • Options
    Sedan.. .00175 and 63%..

3yr/36K, right?

Those are the May numbers... as are your coupe numbers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    I know handling all these questions is probably a pretty thankless job, but in all sincerity...thanks for helping out. It really is greatly appreciated.

Scott
  • Options
    Really... it's nothing..

It's Car_man that handles all the Lease Questions forums... I just follow BMW, so I happen to keep track of those..

I'm just here to keep things orderly... ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    frank949frank949 Member Posts: 1
    I went to Irvine BMW yesterday, was very close to signing off on a lease for a Black 335i Coupe. But wasn't sure if I'm getting the best deal so backed off.

Fully Loaded - $50,500 MSRP

36 months, 12k/year

Down Payment: $3000
    Monthly Payment: $690
    Monthly Payment after tax: $749

He was not willing to budge off from MSRP. Does it sound like a good deal or should I be shopping around a bit more?
  • Options
    battman07battman07 Member Posts: 2
    I'm need some help with 328xi sedan

Looking to lease for 36months/15k

Pricing below:
    MSRP 37445
    Invoice 36167

I'd like to get the lowest possible drive-off price. What can i expect?

Also, I'm from MN...anyone have better luck w/ Sears or Motorwerks. I'm more familiar w/ Sears.
  • Options
    vertvert Member Posts: 2
    Today I went looking for a 335 convertible. It can not be denied this car is beautiful but the stories the dealer was spouting were full of bs

First, the car had a sold sign on it but even though they were still willing to negotiate with me for 2 plus hours. My sales person told me the car was sold but the purchaser never showed up yesterday to finalize the deal. Then a hour later after he gave me ' this is the best car on the market spiel ' he must of forget what he said earlier because when I asked, if it is so hot why is it just sitting here for weeks, he said as I told you before the car was sold but the purchaser was 10 grand upside down on his current car and that broke the deal because we did not want to help him out ... hmm, how could it have been sold yesterday if you new the ' purchaser ' would not buy without some help on his current auto.

Anyway, knowing I was being lied to, i started negotiating. While I was negotiating a family member noticed someone else looking at the car so he walked over and heard this salesperson say to the others, ' it is sold, it sold yesterday, but the the purchaser could not quality for credit. Even with all these stories the car still has a sold sigh on it!!!!

I wonder why? This gets me to my subject ... they want sticker and sticker only. I asked to see the deal that was supposedly made yesterday ... I will pay the same ... he instantly changed the subject like he never heard my question.

The salesperson even admitted that BMW is supplying such small allotment per dealer purposely to drive the price up. They can output more if they wanted but they want premium for this car. After all, all the BMW dealerships are getting money to remodel from somewhere. Instead of selling one a weak for sticker wouldn't it be better for BMW to sell several per week for a few grand discount off MSRP?

I gave my number ... I offered a fair price, more than I wanted even to pay, lets see if they want to get rid of it.

A quick note, on the way home I stopped at a local BMW dealer that I am not to fond of but hey, its worth a shot. Guess what, the same BS. I walked in and asked if they have a 335 convertible ... with his hand on a shoulder, he said it is right over there, next to the suv's on the lot. We walk there and guess what it is not there. On the way back to the showroom the salesperson said, oh I am sorry the car is sold but it must be underneath in the garage because the person did not like the options he ordered ... yea sure. No room to negotiate there either.

What are others experience in looking for this car? Anyone know dealers willing to earn some business in SoCal?

Thanks for listening
  • Options
    hpia4v2hpia4v2 Member Posts: 62
    A friend of mine here in Seattle, WA buying a 335 vert. Told the CA he wanted $1500 off and the CA said, no-can't do and his exact quotes: "Sorry, we can't touch that though in California you can get that"
    Now you are saying in So-Cal full MSRP only. :surprise:

I suggest call the around and ready to drive 3-4 hours to pick your car. Summer in full swing so demand is high for vert.