Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• richzrichz Member Posts: 160
    If you are already leasing a 2005 model year car then it applies to you.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,729
    Exactly... or an '06 model...

If you are current lessee, then BMWFS will make three payments to get you out of your lease early.. Assuming you buy or lease an '08 BMW out of dealer stock..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• circlewcirclew Member Posts: 8,666
    Yes, I just received the e-mail this morning from BMWFS. Plenty of inventory at the dealer I leased form in 2006.

What to do....

Regards,
    OW
  • davidd3davidd3 Member Posts: 582
    I'm wondering how this may apply to my situation, if at all.

I'm leasing a 2006 330i sedan. My lease expires 8/31/08, so about 2 more months to go. Last week I ordered a 2008 328i coupe. I'm not so sure about the timing for arrival at the dealership, but August seems most likely. I was planning to ask them to hold it until early Sep in order to avoid a double payment in August (last month's payment on current lease and first month's payment on new lease). But with this promotion, could I get away with taking delivery of my new car in August while not make the August payment on the car I am giving back? A potential problem is that the last payment is due on Aug 2, while I may not know for sure by then about the timing for delivery of my new car.

Thanks.
  • shiftmakeshiftmake Member Posts: 12
    Went to Global Imports in Atlanta a couple of days ago looking for a 2008 335i coupe. They offered at MSRP, only waived a 600 fee because my request for quote came over the internet. Has anyone dealt with other dealerships in the area and do you think any of them might offer closer to invoice? Appreciate any feedback!
  • drrocketdrrocket Member Posts: 67
    I ordered a custom built (loaded) 2008 328i sedan back in January using Costco auto-buying service -- $1000 over invoice. I don't know what deals are available for a 335i coupe. Costco uses United BMW of Roswell; I feel United BMW treated me well and wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again. Good luck in your quest.
    Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try that approach as well.
    Send me an e-mail since yours is private.
  • jeffman619jeffman619 Member Posts: 31
    Does anyone know the July money factor and residual for a 335 coupe w/ 15,000 miles ?
    Same as June.
  • steve180steve180 Member Posts: 5
    I bougtht a 335I hardtop convertable, loaded, msrp was $60215, I got it for 53,999 plus tax and title. Is that a good deal or did i pay to much. Never had a BMW and didn't know how much they dicker over price, I offered 50000, then 52000, and last try 53000 even. Best he could do was 53999. Should i have walked or what.
    I did get the extra warranty for 6 years 100000 miles thrown in, and thats supposed to be $3000. Tell me your thoughts please, be honest. I can't take it back now.
  • zingdingzingding Member Posts: 9
    I think that is awesome. I bought a 333I Hardtop Convertible (steptronic, Navi, heated seats, rear parking, Sirius Sat) and paid 51,399.00 through the military overseas sales. I did not get the extended warranty thrown in.
    Just enjoy the car :).
  • lovemyclklovemyclk Member Posts: 351
    Received the following from Global in Atlanta on 6/23... seems to indicate they are hurting to sell cars. Doubt they liquidated everything the last week of June! Possible the 335 Coupe may be commanding close to or at MSRP, but they want to move cars. I'd reach out to them again and see if they budge.

The Urgent Message is that we are way off on our numbers for the month so we MUST sell sell sell by the end of JUNE. We have over $24 million in new car inventory and we have no more space for cars and more are on the way! NO RESONABLE OFFERS WILL BE REFUSED!!!! Come in and select your car. No Haggle - No Hassle - Just a great price and great service. We also have over 200 executive demos on hand at savings up to $10,000 under MSRP! Please feel free to call us any time day or night if you have questions we can answer. Feel free to make us an offer on any of our over 350 new cars in stock at www.atlantabmw.com. This is the time to buy and don't forget the car you are buying comes with all maintenance included for 4 years or 50,000 miles! You just pay for tires and gas. Even your oil changes are covered.

Sincerely Yours,

The Internet Sales Group for Global Imports BMW
  • zekeman1zekeman1 Member Posts: 422
    They're hurting in different markets and maybe not so in others. I picked up my 335Xi coupe on 5/26/08. Cold weather package, premium, sport, steptronic, nav, comfort access system, ipod/usb adapter, paddles - MSRP $51,775, paid $48,240. Deals CAN be had under MSRP.
    Z
    I did get the same email. Went there, deals were only on sedans. The parking lot was full of them, literally. They were not willing to do a deal on the coupes, so I passed.
  • rjb6rjb6 Member Posts: 29
    Went to a dealer on Sunday and the guy I was working with told me that he would sell me any 335 on the lot for 500 above invoice. I am trying to see if the 1200 OEM to Dealer incentive is still valid.
  • nonicknonick Member Posts: 2
    Brand new 2008 328i sedan non-sulev
    Premium pkg
    Sport pkg
    Navigation
    Xenon
    ipod/usb
    Steptronic
    paddle shifters
    non-metalic color
    MSRP:42700
    invoice:39300
    paid: 38k+TTL
    Even it looks 1300 under invoice there is an $1210 incentive (automatic transmission), so I got it 100$ under invoice.
    What market is that? Any 335, coupe and convertible included?
  • dieselpower3dieselpower3 Member Posts: 1
    Hello~
    Congrates! It seems like you had a really good deal.
    I am thinking buying one with similar options. Could you let me know where you bought that? I am moving to VA soon, hope the shop is not far.
  • nonicknonick Member Posts: 2
    Thanks dieselpower3
    SoCal Escondido Brecht BMW. If you are looking in sedans you should really get a good deal at most of the dealers, since most of the dealers lots are full of sedans. I am not sure if you can get a great deal on coupes like sedans.
  • rjb6rjb6 Member Posts: 29
    Shiftmake -

Just placed the order on my 335xi sedan for 500 above invoice from a different dealer. The car was not even on the lot - it was arriving in the next week or two from NJ Port.
    Don't have the exact price yet as they did not have the invoice on the car.

The sales manager told me (whether this is true or not) that 1200 incentive to dealer was no longer in effect e.g. it ended June 30th.

The 500+ was good on any sedan or coupe 328 or 335 model.

If you know the car you want - I would call the dealership and talk to the sales manger. Tell them that the dealer down the street is doing 500+; tell them that you bought previous cars from the Dealer's Family e.g. honda or Lexus etc and that you would like to continue working with the the Dealer Family.

Tell him if he matches it you will come down with a check. Make sure he does and inventory look up before you get down there.
    Thanks for the response! What City/State did you place the order in?
    According to the BMW website the free automatic incentive may still be available. It is worded rather vaguely though "ask your dealer for", so it doesn't really tell you much.
  • volvooceanvolvoocean Member Posts: 11
    It is max 60 months on everything except 1 series.
  • miket1000miket1000 Member Posts: 12
    60 months at .9% ???

You sure on that?
    Absolutely. Call BMW if you don't believe their web site.
    Thanks. The web site does not specify the term. It was the 60 months I found surprising.
  • rjggonzalezrjggonzalez Member Posts: 1
    Does anybody knows how this 0.9 rate works, I mean, if you look at the webpage they put it like this *0.9 , and the * means ask the dealer about the free transmission.
    I'm about to get a new 328 for about 400 above the Invoice, gave the deposit $500 but the car has not showed up yet nor I have signed any Financing with anybody, they will give me the 0.9, after giving the deposit I found out about the free auto transmission and I asked what was that about, if I could pick between a lower rate or the free transmission.
    The answer is that the price was agreed already and they will give me the 0.9, and that is true, BUT if that offer is applied at financing that has nothing to do with the price they gave me, unless they have some kind of scheme to financing themselfs ( not through BMW Fin. Servs) and get the money for the transmission... ( I got two hits on my credit score, BMW lookt at it , and the dealer did too)
    I hope they are not expecting to force me to finance through the dealer, I will have to do some punching and bitchslapping !!
    Any clues how this 0.9 actually works?
    ThanksDoes anybody knows how this 0.9 rate works, I mean, if you look at the webpage they put it like this *0.9 , and the * means ask the dealer about the free transmission.
    I'm about to get a new 328 for about 400 above the Invoice, gave the deposit $500 but the car has not showed up yet nor I have signed any Financing with anybody, they will give me the 0.9, after giving the deposit I found out about the free auto transmission and I asked what was that about, if I could pick between a lower rate or the free transmission.
    The answer is that the price was agreed already and they will give me the 0.9, and that is true, BUT if that offer is applied at financing that has nothing to do with the price they gave me, unless they have some kind of scheme to financing themselfs ( not through BMW Fin. Servs) and get the money for the transmission... ( I got two hits on my credit score, BMW lookt at it , and the dealer did too)
    I hope they are not expecting to force me to finance through the dealer, I will have to do some punching and bitchslapping !!
    Any clues how this 0.9 actually works?
    Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,729
    The transmission money is factory to dealer cash incentive... They aren't required to share it with you... If you've already negotiated a price, they probably aren't going to sell it to you for any less... If you really got only $400 over invoice, then they probably factored in the dealer cash for the auto transmission already...

The 0.9% is sponsored by BMWFS... They surely can't get that money for you anywhere else... If you qualify, then be happy.... that is a boatload of savings..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• manybmwsmanybmws Member Posts: 347
    Unreal. I am paying for my ED 335xi Coupe next week with BMW FS. What timing! What a great time to buying a car if you can...
  • zxforce84zxforce84 Member Posts: 2
    Hi i'm new to this forum and well looking to buy my first BMW. I'm currently looking at the based model 2008 328i 4drs automatic trans. I just wondering what are most people paying for it. I have an offer at 31500 +tax/license do not know if I it is an ok price of a bmw or not. Thank you in advance. I'm in SoCal.
  • celkancelkan Member Posts: 27
    Manual transmission 335i sedans are very rare, but they do exist. What is the best way to locate one, either new or used?
  • cabaretcabaret Member Posts: 8
    BMW 328i, auto, heated seat, auto seats, sunroof, jet black, I was offered to 34,900 before tax, with 0.9% apr. This is in PA.

Is it possible to go down a little bit? Thanks!
    what's the MSRP and invoice?
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    Not very good if that's all it has (no Premium Package). Sunroof is standard.
    2 months ago, I paid less than $32700 and 3.9% financing for a 2008 similar to that but substitute iPod adapter for power seats.
  • roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,288
    What is the best way to locate one, either new or used?

I found one; if I decide not to buy it, I'll let you know ;)
    In the meantime, you can search online at cars.com, autotrader.com and also check the CPO Bimmers at BMW NA's site.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• zxforce84zxforce84 Member Posts: 2
    sorry for the late response but i just got off work. The msrp is 34850 and the invoice is 32,170.
  • frahuangfrahuang Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I'm also in Socal. Which dealership did you obtain the quote from, if you don't mind me asking?

Thank you in advance.
    Seems like it is good because they are at $1K below invoice which is roughly the automatic tranny incentinve from BMW. The 0.9% financing can save you $2K or so as well.

Cheap way to get into a BMW IMO.
    Help! I have been using current Edmunds invoice & MSRP data to price out a 335xi sedan and am unable to agree to dealer inventory - now discovering I am using Post price increase data. Where can I get invoice and MSRP from before this recent increase...ex. Base MSRP for a 335xi sedan was $40,800 now $41,200...Destination was $775 now $825...much dealer inventory I see still has "old" stickers but I am flying blind here on invoice.
  • jujules77jujules77 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if lease offers (advertised) are negotiable?
    Never mind...I found it.

Thanks though.
  • richardga73richardga73 Member Posts: 84
    I am getting to the posts a little late by 3 or 4 pages but before you go to the little folks at Global Imports in Atlanta let me tell you what happened to me. Most of the business that are on these pages involve the internet. Since I live close to Global I would prefer to deal with them even though they have a well earned reputation for being hard to deal with. I shopped 5 other dealers for a 335 sedan back and forth and arrived at a price matched by all of them. Then I emailed Global and asked if they would match not beat the prices since they were my neighborhood dealer. They not only didnt match but emailed all the other dealers in Atl. that I was dealiing with and told them I was using them to get a price at Global poisoning the negotiated deals with them. DUH! Thats what youre supposed to do on the Internet is shop prices! The really weird thing is that the other dealers had no business ties with them and are their competitors so the only reason for it is vindictiveness. Anytime they come up with some sort of desperation sale email or demo sale they are going to find a way to screw you. They are pretty cold. Anyway I ended up buying an E63 Mercedes (actually really on sale, love it!). By the way, United BMW was very easy to deal with and were VERY professional.Maybe if you guys and girls stay away from Global long enough they will REALLY be desperate and are willing to really deal without all the drama.
    Same experience there. They wanted invoice+500 on 335 Sedans during their June "sale event". The most they could offer on the coupe was about 1000 off MSRP. Thanks, but no thanks. Let them keep their precious, all important GImport cars.
  • rangers4merangers4me Member Posts: 4
    I'm a first time leaser and have spent the last couple of days trying to get up to speed so I can get a good deal.

I negotiated with the dealer yesterday and this is what I currently have on the table.

So this is my current offer (I have it from two different dealerships):

24 month, 12,000 mile-per-year lease
    $4795.53 Total Drive off (Includes 1st Month, Security Deposits ($4k), and License & Registration) ---> Should go down by $400 (see note on security deposit)
    $0 Cap Reduction
    8 Security Deposits ($4000) ---> should go down to $3600 if I put a little money upfront, since security deposits are rounded up
    23 additional payments of $432.13 + tax = $467.78 (8.25%, LA County)
    68% Residual ($24,072)
    .00076 Money Factor
    $725 Acquisition Fee (Capitalized) --->Down from $825
    $45 Doc Fee (Capitalized)

Does this seem like a good deal?

Also, one of the dealerships said they would reduce the monthly payment by $10/month if I take a graphite color car that has been on the lot for six weeks. Do you think I could get more than that?

Thanks for all your help!
  • cjd9997cjd9997 Member Posts: 8
    dealer just offered:

2008 335 xi demo with 8300 miles
    sticker 51500
    offered at 44290.

wondering if i can get another couple thousand off, any thoughts?
  • car_rmcar_rm Member Posts: 47
    rangers4me,

The one piece of information that is missing is what is the price of the car that you negotiated. BTW which 3 are you looking at and there is the deal for the cash to dealer incentive for the automatic transmission that you should be negotiating with.

Good luck.
  • stankiyotastankiyota Member Posts: 1
    I think you can do better.

Dealers are hurting for sales...even Bimmer dealers. My car was originally scheduled to be built in August (ordered June 28) but BMW had manufacturing slots unallocated for July for the convertible so my car went from order to built in just 10 days.

I have a BTO 335i convertible due in at the end of the month. It is on the RORO ship Figaro having just left Southampton UK where it made a one day stop (left Bremerhaven, German point of departure, on the 15th) for New York yesterday.

I am paying 1.7% over invoice, invoice is $51950 and I am paying $52,830 plus tax, tags but including freight. This has the premium, sport, cold packages, auto tranny, ipod and metallic paint. It also includes the auto tranny incentive which the dealer passed right thru to me and the 3.9% financing. If I can take delivery of the car before 7/31 I get the .9% financing (doubtful as the ship is not due in to NY until 7/26, then it must unload, car goes thru customs, the dealer prep center in NJ and then transported to my dealer here in NoVA by 7/31...that's pushing the schedule).

I first went to the dealer saying I had Costco and United Buying Service pricing that i was eligible for, and asking them to beat both...which they did by $300...to get the price as above...

So, I think I am getting a pretty good deal overall...I hope BMW extends their .9% financing to August so I can take advantage of that too! :)

Hope this helps...
  • rangers4merangers4me Member Posts: 4
    Ended up leasing the car yesterday, definitely improved on the deal that was originally posted. How much did I leave on the table?

Sale Price $32,200 ---> Down from $32,625
    24 month, 12,000 mile-per-year lease
    $4340.28 Total Drive off (Includes 1st Month, Security Deposits ($3.6k), and License & Registration) ---> Down from $4795.53
    $0 Cap Reduction
    8 Security Deposits ($3,600) --->Down from $4,000, because a/t lease drops below $450
    23 additional payments of $407.95 + tax = $441.61 (8.25%, LA County) ---> Down from $467.78 (a/t)
    68% Residual ($24,072)
    .00076 Money Factor
    $625 Acquisition Fee (Capitalized) ---> Down from $725
    $0 Doc Fee (Capitalized) --> Down from $45