Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    You never say what is the MSRP and what options the car has, so no one can answer.
  • rangers4merangers4me Member Posts: 4
    Basic 328i with automatic transmission and metallic paint (MSRP=35,400)
  • richzrichz Member Posts: 160
    Give us the invoice price too, we're not going to do your homework for you.
  • rangers4merangers4me Member Posts: 4
    Invoice is $33,180 (but there is a automatic transmission incentive of $1,260).
  • icecreamyummyicecreamyummy Member Posts: 3
    I am new to here. I need some advice for purchasing '08 328i price ---with Premium Package, Sport Package, Xenon Headlights & Atuomatic etc. Thank you very much.
  • stephendstephend Member Posts: 19
    I know the car looks better without the side molding but do you think it is worth getting if put 16k miles a year and use the car for everyday driving?? I don't know how much protection side molding gives you.
  • cjd9997cjd9997 Member Posts: 8
    here is the offer from the dealer"

invoice price for the car, they keep the 1250 for the automatic incentive.
    is this a good deal and has anyone done any better?

thanks for the input
  • striker3striker3 Member Posts: 1
    there are good deals out there...just purchased with metallic paint, premium package, xenon lights, heated seats, auto trans (at no extra cost) and destination. Total price $565 over invoice +TT. .9% financing makes it even sweeter.
  • car_rmcar_rm Member Posts: 47
    We had bought a 328i several weeks before the transmission incentive for $600 over invoice plus trainging and MACO. Maybe try $ below to split the incentive? If you would have been happy with $1250 above invoice without the incentive then invoice would not be a bad deal.
  • frahuangfrahuang Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased a 08 328i sedan with manual transmission. Black on black, only option is the ipod/usb adaptor and floor mats. Paid $30970 + TT. Put $2500 down with credit card and rest is financed with 0.9% deal. This is Orange County, California.
  • wickedlfewickedlfe Member Posts: 3
    hey everyone - I think if you leverage the internet managers, you should definitely be able to get below invoice. I purchased my 08 328i for $1365 below the KBB/Edmunds invoice price. And this was back in May before the 0.9 financing or the auto trans rebate. I'm in southern california.

Basically, just use either Edmunds or KBB and request quotes from all the dealers in your area for the exact configuration that you want. These requests go directly to the internet managers at the different dealers. Once they start calling you, make sure they have the exact car that you want. A lot of times, they will tell you that the car they have either has an extra option or less an option. But as long as you know the invoice price for these options, just calculate that into the final invoice price of the car. NEVER tell them if you are financing or leasing because then they try to sell you on the monthy payments, etc. Just say you want to settle on the final price of the car before you decide your payment options. This method has worked for both me and my gf. I took the deal, but she ultimately decided to go with the IS250 because it was $4000 cheaper with better options.

Once the internet managers give you their quotes (some even email me the invoice cost of the car), use them against each other to get better pricing. I received one quote from a dealer for $865 below invoice. I thought that was going to be the best deal for sure, but then I told another dealer that I was getting this deal. They beat it by $500.

Good luck shopping!
  • dishwash42dishwash42 Member Posts: 89
    I'm considering the following:

2008 335xi sedan
    metallic paint
    premium package
    sport package
    cold weather package
    iPod/USB

sale price: $43,800 (+ tax and tags)

I calculate the invoice at 44,950 minus 1,260 for auto tran discount = 43,690. Do these numbers seem right?

*125 test drive miles on it. something to worry about or is this typical?
  • nevisnevis Member Posts: 9
    Any bay area dealer can do invoice or below for a 328 coupe?
  • seems78seems78 Member Posts: 2
    what was the final price of the car? and in your message you said you didn't pay extra for automatic transmission....so they gave you the price of manual?

thanks! i'm looking to buy a 328xi sedan w/ aut transmission in the next two weeks and i want to make sure i know what a good deal is and what's not!
  • seems78seems78 Member Posts: 2
    we are going to finance a 328xi sedan, let me know what you guys think about this quote:

328xi sedan
    sparkling graphite exterior/black leather interior
    automatic transmission
    premium package (bluetooth/assist, leather, power seats, digital compass)
    heated seats
    ipod adaptor
    for 37,500 + tax/title with 0.9% finance rate.

is this a good deal?

thanks!
    why not get the 335xi like me (see my post above)? The bigger engine is great.
  • icecreamyummyicecreamyummy Member Posts: 3
    I am thinking to get a new 328i with P. P, Sport P, Xenon Headlights & Automatic etc in Chicago area. Do anyone know what is the best price around those area? I also thought of getting an used '06 330i. I saw in a dealer '06 330i with Sport P, P.P, Cold P, Navigation & Xenon Headlights 31,000 mileages and listed for5 $28,000. Any advice would be appreciated. Another question: How much does it cost for extend warranty (6yrs/100,000miles or whatever) and how it work? ) Thank you.
  • lchen8lchen8 Member Posts: 6
    I am going to buy a 328i. My only requirement is auto. Don't care any other option.

I also plan to take advantage of 0.9% rate. Can those recently purchased and used the 0.9% loan share more detail information ? Basically I just want to know if there are any hidden cost associated with the 0.9 rate.

Thanks
    " Can those recently purchased and used the 0.9% loan share more detail information ? "

The way it works: They loan you money and you have to pay 0.9% of that amount every year until the loan is paid off.
  • babydoctor77babydoctor77 Member Posts: 7
    I just bought a new 2008 BMW 335i convertible with Navigation; Premium Package; Sports Package; Automatic; Cold Weather Package; Ipod/usb adaptor; HD radio; Satellite Radio; Comfort access; Paddle Shifters for $53,900.

This was a custom build, $860 under invoice.

Invoice: $54,760.
    MSRP: $59,495.
  • nevisnevis Member Posts: 9
    Do dealers usually add on fees for MACO and training on top of the sale price? or is it just another way of getting the profit?
  • alltheway3alltheway3 Member Posts: 2
    just picked up the new 2008 BMW 335i last week

preimum package
    cold weather package
    ipod & usb
    comfort access
    automatic
    metalic paint
    60miles test drive

MSRP $45875.00

dealer price $41795+tax+fee ($1260 rebate, $2820 customer discount), 0.9% rate for 60months.
  • alltheway3alltheway3 Member Posts: 2
    i got a quote for 328xi 2008 sedan for $35,740

sparkling graphite /black interior
    steptronic automatic
    heated front seats
    ipod/usb
    11miles
    MSRP $38720

dealer quote $35740+tax+tag ($1260 rebate, $1720 preferred customer discount)
    60month finance at 0.9%

but i bought a 335i sedan with premimum pacakge, i got the preferred customer discount $2820 for this one, it's a better deal

btw, the 0.9% rate will be ended on July 31.
  • choctawhoosierchoctawhoosier Member Posts: 4
    Sounds like a great deal! Would you mind sharing the dealership name?

Thanks
  • manybmwsmanybmws Member Posts: 347
    The 0.9% financing is the real deal. Just signed my paperwork. There are no pre-payment penalties associated with it. Don't hesitate to take advantage if you are in the market for a BMW. Best financing deal they have had in years across such a wide range of models.
  • mhbashirmhbashir Member Posts: 1
    Hi, first time posting here, I'm trying to sell my 2007 328i sedan and was wondering whether my asking price is fair/good? Ive appraised the vehicle on edmunds it comes up higher than my asking price, should I go by edmunds or KBB? and how much should I expect to get? Below is the link to the listing.
    http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/car/764654725.html
  • ksrinathkksrinathk Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to buy new 3 series coupe with Manual transmission.... I am getting the invoice price as $38,265.00 in edmunds.com with options (Manual transmission, Premium package, Metallic paint, Heated front seats, iPod and USB adapter, and Park distance control)... While doing my research in price for the above I have noticed some of the the posts in this site as we can ask the dealer for around $800 to $1500 less than the invoice price.... is that true????

If so, could some one please suggest me the price I have to ask the dealer with the above options.... FYI, I am getting invoice price as $38,265.00.

Really appreciate your inputs.

Thanks in advance....
  • simpleluxusimpleluxu Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a 328i Auto, with power seat, USB ipod, carpet floor mat for
    $ 35000 OTD. (this is in houston). Is this a good price?
  • lbufflbuff Member Posts: 1
    hi... just want to know how did you get your rebate and the customer discount?
    tnx!
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    You have to look at what other people are trying to sell their similar cars for and advertise it for less.
    So, what's a good price depends on what else is being sold in your area for how much.
  • cjd9997cjd9997 Member Posts: 8
    Just picked up the above car.
    white with red leather interior
    premium
    idrive
    sport
    paddle shifter
    hd radio
    usb/ipod
    heated front seats
    http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/BYO/ByoHome.aspx?namodelcode=0852&from=%2- fStandard%2fContent%2fVehicles%2f2008%2f3%2f335xiCoupe%2fBYORD.aspx

here is the link to the bmw site with the car i got, if your interested in the specs.

Transaction was smooth and no problems.

52.5 car
    sale at straight invoice: 48Kish sell price
    ,9 finanacing for 60 months
    the dealer kept the auto trans money as profit
    and i got a set of all weather mats thrown in for good measure.

I will say this, perillo bmw in chicago charged me for detailing a new car and putting gas in it, and floor mats. This was the only bush league aspect of the experience. I didn't complain to much, as being the charge for the money will be 1000 dollars for the next five years. all that being said they matched car max on my trade.

I also have a friend who blew out his run flat tire and it cost him 1K to get two new tires installed. So i bought the road hazard insurance for 599 for five years.

that being said, if i wasn't buying the coupe, i think i could have gotten this done below invoice and gotten some of the rebate money back. but that being said, love the car, love the financing.

hope this helps.

cjd
  • fisherdadfisherdad Member Posts: 8
    Made an offer at invoice price minus $1260 option credit for auto tranny. Thought there's a chance but was finally turned down. But was told could make a deal if throw in another $500.
    nice post and all but how many times do you have to say, "that being said"?
  • jeffthegreatjeffthegreat Member Posts: 7
    Tell you what...just last night I closed on a deal for a 328i coupe with the following specs: sport pkg, premium pkg, navigation, ipod, paddle shifters w/ steptronic & space grey metalic paint & grey dakota leather. Msrp = $45,350, Invoice = $41,750.
    I got it for $41K even. BMW of San Diego went to extreme lengths to earn the business. I highly recommend them. Two dealers I would stay far away from are Crevier & Brecht. Very shady practices. In fact, on another model, same options less the navigation and metallic paint I was offered $39,650.00. .9% financing for 60 months is for real.

Good luck on your hunt....
    Do you have to pay MACO and training fees on top of the $41k? TIA
    The Maco fee's & training were included in the $41K. Brecht BMW actually tried to tell me the 328i I wanted had special pricing on it...total bs. I asked BMW of San Diego to include the floor mats and they did. They were great to work with.

Today will be an ideal day to make a deal. All I did was email the internet sales managers directly. Trust me..they will get back to you quickly...many performance bonus's are at stake today... I asked how long the .09% would last...they would not confirm whether the .09% would go beyong 7/31. Hope this helps... Good luck
    Thanks for the reply. Again, does it include destination charge? How inclusive is the $41k offer? Assuming tax, registration, license exluded, did you pay any small add-ons like doc fee?
  • simpleluxusimpleluxu Member Posts: 2
    hurry up ppls, today is the last day for the .9% deal!
    Why hurry? Don't you think a later deal can only be better if they really need to move all 08' models?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    There are only so many '08 models.. If the incentives have their desired effect (greater sales), then they may become less favorable, as time goes on...

I don't have a crystal ball... but, if I planned on getting an '08, and finance rates/lease rates were important to me, then I'm not sure I'd chance waiting...

But, then again.. I'm not much of a gambler..

Different story, if I were shopping domestics..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Not a problem..Destination was included in the $41K price. Tax + license/registration and doc fee's were not included. Those are not fee's they will eat. Although by grinding them down for a better deal your indirectly placing that expense in there hands...I read the itemized price breakdown backwards and forwards. There were no additional items in it.
    Congrats on the awesome deal. This is the best deal I heard so far. But I am still couldn't pull the trigger :(
    bmwusa.com still has not changed the 0.9 deal on the website but it says ends 7/31/08. Webmaster needs to get on the stick :P
  • dddaddda Member Posts: 5
    328i Deal? $34600 plus TT and hazard tire option $799 with 0.9%. paper done last night 11pm just wanna catch the 0.9. pike up the car this pm. Howard county, MD
    monthly payment $646(no money down)

premium package
    steptronic automatic
    heated front seats
    ipod/usb
    11miles
    by the way, for the deal I posted, I did not get the metallic paint(not awailable), I get the jet black color. what is advantage for metellic? can anybody let me know. Thanks.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Mettalic paint is just different... If you like Jet Black, it doesn't come in metallic, so you just saved $475...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks! by the way, the dealer also give me the floor mat and wheel lock for free.
    Actually BMW says it has one less coat of clear coat.
    Yeah for all you potential BMW buyers!