Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier BMW 3-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,139
    Maybe that was in March?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• hpowdershpowders Member Posts: 4,330
    The 0.9% financing is for the 335i coupe. The 335i sedan is being offered for 3.9%.
  • Firebird_EOUFirebird_EOU Member Posts: 250
    http://autos.aol.com/cars-BMW-335-2009/pricing-and-incentives#results

Bonus CashBMW 2009 Lease/Owner's Choice Loyalty Cash expires 5/31/09.
  • beamer44beamer44 Member Posts: 17
    Thanks for the info-im not going to get the insurance and find someone who fixes them and when they wear out replace them with regular tires the tough thing is finding a small spare for it and a jack also.
  • raln48raln48 Member Posts: 34
    I'm looking at a 36 month lease with 45k miles. The model in question is a
    2009 335xi with an MSRP of $49,200.
    What is the residual % and the current MF?
    Concerning the cap cost - what amount over invoice would be a reasonable target?

Are there any incentives that would apply in this situation. I'm just coming off of a BMWFS lease on a 2006 330xi. We purchased that car and intend to keep it as a second vehicle.

Thanks.
  • gluckgluck Member Posts: 23
    A local dealer has a bunch of 2008 loaners CPOs for $25k - $27k with miles between 15K -20K. Is this a good deal? I can't understand the pricing - the same dealer has some 2007s prices 2k-4k higher that the 2008s.
    Also does it make sense getting a base model?
    A lot of it would depend on the equipment... Some dealers have stripper models for loaners..

Even then, that looks like a nice price range, if they have CPO..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Assuming selling price of MSRP - $3000 (pulled out of my...hat), I get a lease prices of $516/mo. + tax..

This is with base acq. fee of $725 rolled into the lease, and base rate of .0015 MF and residual of 61%.

Due at signing: 1st payment, security deposit and title/license fees.

I think if you are a current BMWFS customer, there is another $1000 customer loyalty money available. If your selling price differs from above, your cost would be correspondingly higher or lower.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• gluckgluck Member Posts: 23
    Yes they are base model loaners. I really hate that fact that even after spending $25K I get a steering that has a freaking button for bluetooth speaker but doesn't work because this is just a base model.
  • bigapapanmsbigapapanms Member Posts: 2
    How much should I expect my monthly payment to be around on a 36 month lease 10k miles a year?

328i Coupe
    Black Metallic
    Automatic Transmission
    Premium Package
    Sport Package
    Heated Seats
    Nav
    Ipod and Smartphone

Invoice just below $44k

Paying 8 security deposits to buy down the MF.
    No money down (except the security deposits, tags, etc.)

Is there any trunk money on the 328s? I don't currently have a BMW so I likely am not eligible for loyalty cash.

Thanks!
  • centilcentil Member Posts: 2
    About to pull the trigger on a 2007 328 coupe CPO (in service since 12/06). It has 32K miles on it. Seems to be in good shape and drives well. Loaded except NAV which I dont care at all. It has been on the lot for almost 45 days so I literally watch the price go from 32.9K to 27.9K and I can guess the reason. Apart from being 2 door car, the red leather interior is too much for many. Can anybody comment on this deal? This is going to be my first BMW and first CPO so I am a bit paranoid about car having a bunch of expensive issues although it is a CPO. Reading reviews all over the place only confuses one even more.
  • robertgantrobertgant Member Posts: 1
    BMW dealer selling

2007 328i sedan, 25.2k miles, premium pak, sirius, jet black/tan, run flats, leather interior with one slight hitch: hail damage. back window just replaced, no hail damage on corners, no other problems. dealer asking 23.4. thoughts on what to offer them for a first time buyer with cash?

:confuse:

thanks much!
  • eh550ieh550i Member Posts: 12
    Lease on a BMW 328i Coupe. I think this is a pretty good deal. Anyone care to weigh in?

Jet Black/Black Leather 328i Coupe
    Nav
    Premium
    Sport
    Heated Seats
    Ipod Adapter
    10K/yr 36mo
    MSRP 46ish?
    $2,500 total drive off (out of my pocket)
    $469/month + California Tax = $509/month all in.
    MF .0015
    61% residual used
    No sec dep.
  • kityluvstigrkityluvstigr Member Posts: 3
    Hi.

I just got a quote on a new 2009 BMW 328 standard model at 464.00 a month..36 months, 10k miles per year, Nothing down..just first payment..Is this a decent deal?
  • stunyccpastunyccpa Member Posts: 48
    eh550i what's the tax rate in California? 8.5% ish?

I'm thinking about leasing almost exactly what you leased in NY.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A tv reporter is hoping to talk with victims of automotive scams and ripoffs in the greater Seattle area. If you have a story to share, please email jfallon@edmunds.com no later than May 15, 2009 and be sure to note your daytime contact information and a few words about your experience.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Hi:

Yes, it just went up to 8.75%! Good ole California. Now is a pretty good time with the $1,000 loyalty cash and make sure they use the buy rate lease money factor of .0015 on the coupe. I went to one dealer and negotiated sprot premium for $2,609 out of my pocket for $499/month incl. CA tax. I then went to another dealer and wanted him to beat the deal but he said he only had one with sprot/premium/nav/heated seats/ipod. I told him it was too much more to pay. We ended up a deal that only cost me about $4 more per month than sport/premium. Good luck.
    Is that with tax? Also what is MSRP. What does it have on it (options) What are drive off totals?
  • stunyccpastunyccpa Member Posts: 48
    Wow thats great. Great car. NY sales tax rate is 8.375% right now, won't be surprised if it goes up too. Wonderful stuff. Enjoy your new bmw!
  • sw113sw113 Member Posts: 6
    I've found a 2005 330i with 69,000 miles. It has a sport package and 17" M wheels with the fold down 60/40 split in the backseat. There is still a remaining 100K CPO warranty that expires 9/28/10 on the vehicle.

I had a BMW dealership do a pre-buy inspection. The car badly needs new tires, and the lower front control arm bushings need to be replaced. The mechanic also said the clutch pedal seemed to come up high before it grabbed and thus the clutch might be nearing end of life. However, the clutch is not slipping at all.

I've got a signed dealer sheet agreeing to $17,000 out the door price. He was originally asking $20K. This $17K price already includes taxes and all other dealer fees.

Is this a good deal or should I wait for something else?
  • roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,360
    If it was me I'd only want an E46 with the Performance Package, but the regular Sport Package isn't bad. I think $17K is pretty fair. Have you obtained an estimate for the LCABs? Check Tire Rack for tires.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• sw113sw113 Member Posts: 6
    The quote for the LCABs was $365.
  • gymbomomgymbomom Member Posts: 6
    I bought a new 335xi sedan a couple of days ago. Love the car, but still uncertain if I paid too much. Here's what I got...feel free to be honest!

X-Drive (AWD)
    Premium Pkg
    Cold Weather Pkg
    Steptronic
    Metallic Paint
    Comfort Access
    iPod & USB
    Smartphone

Paid $45899 plus TTL minus $1500 finance incentive @ BMW's 3.9% financing.

Thanks for the input!
  • roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,360
    I'd say it's a pretty fair deal. If YOU like the car I'd say buy it.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• investor27investor27 Member Posts: 59
    Kad153. Were you able to find a 2009 335xi for $500-$600 with $0 down? I'm in the same boat looking for one without success for a while now. Let me know where. Thanks.
  • sonic2000sonic2000 Member Posts: 11
    I got 2 offers:

328i manual, jet black, 17" wheels, heated/power front seats, ipod usb.
    for $34,320 w/o tax

328i manual, jet black, ipod usb for $31,xxx w/o tax

Now BMW offers 0.9% for 60 months.

Good deal? Thanks.
    Sonic2000. Are those offers for a coupe or sedan? If you finance it yourself, you'll be able to get $3000 off instead of $1500 BMW is offering to you now.
    Investor27, thanks alot for the kind reply.

How can I get $3000 off by myself (I threw away the 0% for a certain period from credit card company :( )?
    How do you calculate to get $1500?
    Sorry for the stupid questions.
    No problem. Go back and read post 9811.
    Thanks.
    That post has 3.9% financing, now BMWFS has 0.9% for 60 months.
    Please check here:
    http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/FinancialServices/FinancingOffer/Default.- aspx

So it should be different.
  • bill335bill335 Member Posts: 1
    I bought basically the same car earlier this year. I shopped around quite a bit and the price I paid was $44,260 (basically just under invoice price) for the car with the features you've listed. Given that you got a $1500 incentive, it pretty much evens out exactly.

I am not sure if that's the best price out there, but I hope it's at least respectable!
  • beemer_girlbeemer_girl Member Posts: 1
    msrp 54,270
    selling price 49,926
    discount of 4,344

this is a 2009 automatic with comfort access, prem pkg, ipod and nav system

i have been interested in this car since it's initial debut.
    thank you for any replies :)
  • dong84dong84 Member Posts: 24
    Hi all,

I live in Maryalnd and would like to take over BMW lease 328 coupe. I have seen a decent price at leaseswap.com, but they are not located not even near Maryland.

I am assuming there are many people just cannot afford their car payment anymore and I will love to take over their lease.

If I contact near BMW dealer here, Do you think they can provide some info?

Thanks,
  • davidk12davidk12 Member Posts: 28
    Hi, need advice please.

I am looking for a 335i sedan, metallic, sport, prem, nav, auto w/paddle. I have figured out the following:

Dealer quote approx $51000
    Edmunds MSRP $50000
    Edmunds Invoice $46025
    Edmunds TMV $45547
    CarsDirect $46200

If I sorted out my own finance, should I be looking at paying $46000 - $3000 before TTL (I have read some of that $3K in the messages above these!) I know bmw have had a drop in new car sales of 38% and should be offering even more incentives.

I have been to infinity and they offered me a special on a fully loaded G37 Journey with sports/nav for $37K which is very attractive.

What is the best way to approach negotiations. I feel like just sending an email to all the dealers in a 100 mile radius saying that I will pay $43K for that car today, with no negotiating (I hate the negotiating game!) Any tips or advice would be appreciated. Also let me know if you think that price is crazy and I will pursue the G37.

Thanks
    I just saw this deal listed on Edmunds.com's BMW incentive section:

Leasing
    There may be other leases available. Contact a local dealer for more information.
    Start: 04/01/2009 End: 05/31/2009

$559 Monthly Payment Calculate Other Monthly Payments
    36 Month Term
    $3500 Down Payment
    $600 Security Deposit
    10000 Annual Mileage

Restrictions Lease based on 2009 335i xDrive Sedan with Automatic Transmission, Premium Package and MSRP $47,100 including destination charge. Actual price may vary. Dealer contribution may affect terms. See dealer for details.
    Comments $5,384 due at signing. Dealer participation may vary. Incentives and Rebates are provided subject to the terms of our Visitor Agreement.

My question is: does that advertised $559 includes taxes? It didn't say, "Lease a 09 335xi auto with Premium for $559 per month + tax...!" I just wanted to make sure, so that I don't think the dealership is cheating me when I come in and they tell me it's not $559 per month, but rather $620 per month because of taxes. Also if I wanted to change the deal to 12,000 instead of 10,000 will the special be off the table then, or will they just add $10 per month or so to the monthly payment? Thanks.
    Thanks for your input. I was struggling w/ the local dealerships to get the price lower, but at the end of the day, I didn't feel like haggling anymore. I was able to buy from my local dealership, which was important to me because of service issues, etc.

How do you like your 335xi? Have you driven it in the snow? If so, how does it handle? What color combo did you get?
    I don't believe the advertised price includes TT&L. You'll have to have that figured into the final monthly lease payment. And the additional mileage will add about $10-$13 p/month to the lease payment. I only know this because I got a lease quote from my dealer before I decided to buy my 335xi.
    It's my understanding that the $3K / $1500 incentive is only good on the 335i. The 328i incentive is the lower finance rate of 0.9 for 60 mo.
    Gymbomom. Thanks for replying to my email. Do I pay taxes on the entire amount of the car, say at $50,000, or just on the amount of the 3-year lease (around $25,000)? As you can tell, I have never leased before, and would appreciate your help here. Thanks.
    Taxes depend on the state.. Where do you live?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• bocastephenbocastephen Member Posts: 35
    You can be fairly sure this deal is based on full MSRP less the cash incentive - compared to what you can negotiate on your own, it's a terrible deal.

You should go through the Overstock pricing system to find out the lowest selling price in your area for the 335+your options, take that price to a dealer (or use the Overstock dealer) and tell them to write you a lease based on that selling price.

Download and complete a Reg M lease calculation spreadsheet using the Overstock selling price and the residual/MF numbers available in these forums, and that's your lease target.

I ran through the above process using Overstock selling prices in Southern CA and got a lease priced out for about 560/mo with NOTHING down, 12K miles and 36 months.
    I'm in Wisconsin. I'm not asking for the percentage of tax. I'm asking, when leasing, do you pay taxes on the entire MSRP amount of the car or just the amount out-of-pocket spent on the duration of the least? So taxes on the full $50,000 or $25,000 for the 3 year lease?

Do you mean cars.overstock.com? They don't have any in my area, zip code 54937. But maybe they will have something in the Chicago area. I just need to find a Chicago zip code.
    Again, it depends on the state.. There are about 20 different ways to figure tax on a lease.. I'm not really up on Wisconsin, though.. :(

A lot of states just tax the monthly payment... For example, Michigan does that.... However, Illinois taxes the entire selling price.

A quick call to any dealer in Wisconsin will probably get you the answer, and I'd guess they tax the monthly payment, as we usually hear about the states that do it differently..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Hi,

On my lease deal, the tax was calculated on the full sale price of the vehicle, not the prorated leased amount. I read another post that said it differs state for state. I'm in CO.
  • davidk12davidk12 Member Posts: 28
    OK I have got a dealer to come in 46705 + TTL + processing fee on the car in my post

I still think that is very high :( If edmunds TMV is $45500 and CarsDirect is 46200 and I have not factored in that I will be financing it, should it be that high?

Any tips/advice on my questions on my original posting?

Thanks
  • vike90vike90 Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

I just received a quote for a non-metallic exterior 2009 329i sedan with sports package and premium package for around mid $36k w/out tax/lic. This will be my first BMW and I would like to know what you all think of this offer. thanks!
    Is just doesn't make sense why we are paying taxes on the entire car when the lease is only for 36 months, and by the time we trade it in 36 months from now it will be worth 58% of the original cost.
  • bmwmbbmwmb Member Posts: 2
    As stupid as it sounds, I'm confused as to whether the current $3000 BMW to dealer incentives are reflected in any of the overstock, edmunds, etc. pricing for invoice and prices paid. To use a rough example, if a 335i is priced at $48.5K with "invoice" at $44.5k, and recomended prices paid a bit lower than that, does that include all incentives?

On the one hand it seems too good to be true that they would take $3k below invoice and let the car go for $41-42K but if not, it hardly seems like much of an incentive to offer it at $44.5 with $3k in incentives to them. I would have thought I could have negotiated that without a 3k dealer incentive from BMW. Without it they certainly wouldn't be selling many trying to get just under MSRP.

Am I missing something?
  • skiman2skiman2 Member Posts: 11
    The best way I know how to negotiate a good deal is to work off of MSRP including the destination cost.I just struck an agreement for 11.7% off MSRP. I know getting nearly $4,800 off was a fair deal.
    Is that $4800 off on a lease or purchase of the 335xi? Thanks.