Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier - BMW 5 Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• pattyp2pattyp2 Member Posts: 3
    Did you also ask about leasing ? Could you please post the names of the dealers?
    Thanks
  • macdadmacdad Member Posts: 75
    My deal today (current customer with lease ending this month)

528 white w/cream
    Premium
    Xenon

MSRP 48175
    Selling Price 46000
    BMW incentive -1000

590/mo tax incl.

No deposit for current customer. 825 acq. and 480 doc's. Compared Acq. and Doc's to many dealers in central and south Florida and this is very common and less than most locally. Many wanted to bump money factor and were charging dealer fees of 599.
  • phoenixazphoenixaz Member Posts: 4
    Hi guys, been a follower of posts for the last month or so but have never posted. Question for the Bimmer enthusiasts..... what should I expect to pay when ordering my BMW? Should I expect to pay close to the MSRP? I have gone to all four dealerships in Arizona but nobody has what I am looking for. The dealers sent out inquiries to other dealerships and found nothing close to my request.

I put together a 535i, platinum gray, black interior, nav, prem. package, sports package with paddle shifters, dark poplar, fold down rear seats, comf package.... and the MSRP came out to $59K. I have gone to two dealers and the best they would do is $2000 off the MSRP. I did negotiate up from the invoice and this is the best they would do. Both dealerships told me that when ordering the 5 series that I should expect to pay MSRP. Is that correct? Thanks!!!!!!!
  • carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,497
    I have gone to two dealers and the best they would do is $2000 off the MSRP. I did negotiate up from the invoice and this is the best they would do. Both dealerships told me that when ordering the 5 series that I should expect to pay MSRP. Is that correct? Thanks!!!!!!!

Nonsense. I ordered and got about $2K off MRSP. Off course, I was a previous BMWFS customer. Still though, I'd insist upon it. If it's acceptable, tell them you have your checkbook and will give them the deposit on your ordered car.
  • bdkinnhbdkinnh Member Posts: 292
    FYI: I ordered my 535i and got about $1500 over invoice.
  • phoenixazphoenixaz Member Posts: 4
    bdkinnh,

Congrats! What a great deal for you! Thanks for the reply. Mind if I asked how you strategically did that to get such a good deal? I am in sales myself and played it by the book with two different dealers here in AZ and both looked at me like I was nuts starting out offering them $1K over invoice. They started at MSRP (which I figured they would) and I had to literally get up and start leaving the dealership to get them to come down $2K. Then neither dealership budged more than $2K and let me walk out without a problem. I thought this was amazing.
  • janus010janus010 Member Posts: 7
    I agree with carnaught. Nonsense! My 5 series was originally an order car, but I still got very close to $3000.00 off MSRP when they configured my lease.
  • bdkinnhbdkinnh Member Posts: 292
    I sent e-mails to all the dealers within 50 miles, took the lowest price to the dealer I wanted to buy from, and told him if they matched it I would buy from them. They did, so I did.

It really didn't take much work - I got $1,500 over invoice without even trying hard at all. Maybe the market is different in your area, but the approach is worth a shot. Let them know that you're ready to buy, and let them know the exact car you want.

The list I e-mailed to the dealers included the item name, MSRP, and invoice cost. Dunno if that makes a difference, but it's what I did.

Good luck!
  • x021627x021627 Member Posts: 152
    I got an offer from a dealership for a monaco blue/gray interior wit the following:
    xenon
    auto
    navi
    premium
    cold weather
    ipod/usb adapter

for $50,300 excluding tax, title, docs.
    Is this a good deal or can I do better? I'm in central NJ.
    got an offer from a dealership for a monaco blue/gray interior wit the following:
    xenon
    auto
    navi
    premium
    cold weather
    ipod/usb adapter

for $50,300 excluding tax, title, docs.
    Is this a good deal or can I do better? I'm in central NJ.

Always indicate the MRSP and if it is a lease or purchase. Then the Gurus on these boards will be able to help.

You may want to check what the invoice is on Edmunds to see how much over invoice you'd be paying.
    thanks carnaught. I'm not sure about leasing or purchasing at this point. the MSRP is $52324. I know that for leases I would need residual and money factor. I am leaning toward buying.

does anyone know the January 2008 residual and money factors from BMWFS?

Thanks to all. This forum is great!

:)
  • chipper1chipper1 Member Posts: 6
    I was recently involved in a minor head on accident in my 99,528i, it still runs with moderate front end damage, mainly front 1/4 panels, bumper, grill, slight hood damage and secondary radiator breakage. My question to anyone who might care to respond is, Kelly blue book value for fair condition is $11,500, insurance offered $10,000; does anyone think I could part it for more, evrything else on the car is cherry, and the headlights still work!?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    A lot would depend on the mileage and condition of your car, and where you live..

If you have over 100K miles, then $10K is more than fair, and I'd grab it.. Parting out a non-enthusiast car like a 528i could take forever..

If you want to know if the $10K offer is fair for your car, then try posting the details of the car (pre-accident), here: Real-World Trade-In Values

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I made a mistake with the MSRP. it is actually $53, 425 for the 528XI referenced above. This looks to be $49,160 from edmunds. This is $1140 over invoice. Leaning toward leasing and was wondering what was money factor and residuals for January for 24 or 26 mos with 12 or 15 miles.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. No dealership has the exact car & color that I want. The dealership with the lowest price has an alternative color and is willing to do a dealer swap if we come to terms.

Thanks, :D
    thanks..the car was perfect with 75,000 miles, but you are right, 10k was fair, and I was tired of the car, need more, more, more. Thank you again. May your wind be brisk and your sun be warm!
  • tmasjrtmasjr Member Posts: 30
    I am also in PHX. Can you advise as to the deal you got and which dealer you dealt with?
    Thanks.
    Tony
    I wasn't dealing with a dealer...the car was wrecked ; the insurance co. totalled it and I was offered 10k for the claim.
  • mkp6ermkp6er Member Posts: 9
    I am negotiating a deal on a 2008 M5. it seems prices are dropping, the dealer has offered $7k below msrp. How much more room for negotiation is there? How much should I expect to pay for an extended warranty? I've asked they include the extended warranty, but they said no. I'm holding out. Do I have a good deal at $350 over invoice?
  • vasuvasuvasuvasu Member Posts: 2
    Friends,

I am Srini.
    I am in Southern California and shopping for 528i in SoCal.
    In the process of buy 528i, I visited 6 dealers.
    All have give me 47,800$ out of the door price.
    It has basic options, like Navigation and ipod adapter.
    But,in the out of the door price includes MACO FEE AS 380$ AND TRAINING FEE OF 180$.
    When I asked , why I need to pay this 380+180 , they say, that this is the final price, you wanna make a deal nor no deal(dealers ask me this questions seriously)

I said no deal.
    They simply, removed all the paper works from table and say have good day.

So, what should I do.

I din't like there custamar support.

How can I approach when I visit next dealer.

I already have a lond amount approved from other credit unions.

Please, advise.

Thanks,
    Srini
  • hpia4v2hpia4v2 Member Posts: 62
    Srini,
    you are half way on the battle, now you know that $xxx won't get you the car. I'll say offer the same price on different dealer and see if they bite.
    At the end it's you who decide if the extra time spend shopping worth that few hundred bucks.
  • vasuvasuvasuvasu Member Posts: 2
    Friend,

Thanks for your suggestion.
    But, my major concern is not of 500$ .My concern is , will they provide me good customar care , after buying?
    As I have to do regular visits to the dealer for services.........

Please, help me .

Thanks,
    Srini
    My concern is , will they provide me good customar care , after buying?
    As I have to do regular visits to the dealer for services.........

It depends on the dealer itself. You may want to consult with friends and colleagues locally to see who has the best customer service experience.

My BMW dealer matches any Lexus or other renown marque for customer service.
  • car_rmcar_rm Member Posts: 47
    Srini,

I think what you are missing is the explanation of these two fees. If you search in this topic, you will learn that 1 - these fees are part of the invoice for advertising (MACO) and training and 2 - these fees do not show up when you price the car as you compare MSRP to invoice on Edmnuds. They are well documented fees with BMW so it is not as if they are inflating a documentation fee. What you need to decide is if the OTD price including tax, license, and other fees is acceptable to you and that you feel comfortable with that salesperson and that dealer.

Good luck.

Car_RM
  • knoxville555knoxville555 Member Posts: 5
    2008 528xi
    premium pkg
    xenon
    heated seats

3 years 12k miles
    3800 drive off tax title first month etc
    599 month

Opinions on this deal?

Located in ny
  • smithsongasmithsonga Member Posts: 123
    what is the Msrp?

I got a $52k 528i in December, $1800 drive off for $600/month. (7% sales tax)

2 year lease....the residual is better on 2 than 3. the above deal would probably be $640 for 3 years.
    not bad. I have on order waiting to be shipped an 08 528xi with premium, cold package, xenon, usb/ipod adaptor and navigation for $664/mo. 3 year/ 12K mile lease. my selling price was $50,300. MSRP $53, 435.

I live in NJ.
  • rdleskrdlesk Member Posts: 2
    Hello, I have the following offer:

- 528i with Sat Radio, NAV not much else.
    - MSRP $47,775
    - Sale price $45,930
    (discount of $1,845;
    looks like dealer takes about 4.4% profit over invoice)
    - Lease 3yr at 15k miles /yr
    - Residual is 60%
    - Money Factor .0022
    - $1,155 due at signing (state is NC)
    - Monthly Payment $688 (with 3% state tax)
    - I am current BMW 5-series lease customer

Based on other recent posts, this doesn't look like a particularly good offer. It looks like a MF of .0018 for returning customer and a discount of around $2,800 is reasonable, with resulting payment of $609?

Comments? Thanks in advance.
    i think you should push for more of a discount from MSRP or more preferably a markup on invoice of 2% or less. I currently have a deal where my 528xi with MSRP of $53425 was offered to me for $50,300. Invoice is $49K ish. don't remember exactly. My monthly payment will be $664 for 36 months/ 12k miles. I ordered exactly what I wanted on 1/5/08 and it hit the port on 2/8/08.

Good Luck! :shades:
    I got an offer from a dealer for a 535xi with the following:
    -cold, premium, auto, usb/ipod, navi for $54700 exluding tax and registration fees. Is this a good deal? MSRP for this car is $57525. Invoice is $52935.

I can get a 535 with all of the above for $52,625. what do you think? MSRP for this car is $55325.
    :cry:
  • samchensamchen Member Posts: 6
    Hi, I got a quote about 528i and I was wonder if it's good deal. It's $1000 above invoice. I heard that the 2009 5 series will be coming in around May or June. Since it will be a brand new design, so maybe I can get a bargain for 08 5 series in Summer time?
  • jamesgjamesg Member Posts: 19
    the 09 5 series models should be the same as the 08, unless there are some engine or minor option changes. the e60 5 series was introduced in 04, refreshed in 08 and will be replaced in 2011 if they keep the usual 7 year cycle.
  • samchensamchen Member Posts: 6
    Check the following link for 2009 BMW 5 series:

http://www.edbmw.com/blog/2007/08/15/the-new-2009-bmw-5-series/
    I got an offer from a dealer for a 535xi with the following:
    -cold, premium, auto, usb/ipod, navi for $54700 exluding tax and registration fees. Is this a good deal? MSRP for this car is $57525. Invoice is $52935.

I can get a 535 with all of the above for $52,625. what do you think? MSRP for this car is $55325.
  • gnok1032gnok1032 Member Posts: 2
    Just picked up my 535i this weekend.
    premium, cold weather, navigation,comfort access, contour seats,satellite,ipod
    MSRP 58120.
    INVOICE 53455
    Paid 53900 + tax,title,tag
    otd 55763
    Did my shopping online over 2weeks. spent less than an hour at the dealer for paper work. best car buying experience ever.
  • smithsongasmithsonga Member Posts: 123
    Very good deal. Did you finance or lease?
  • nkbuynkbuy Member Posts: 25
    Can you please tell which dealer in NJ is giving $1000 over invoice
  • eights38eights38 Member Posts: 145
    nkbuy - I have helped several friends receive $1,000 over invoice on the 5 Series. Please email me at eights38@gmail.com and specify the town in NJ where you reside. All the best.
  • gnok1032gnok1032 Member Posts: 2
    Very good deal. Did you finance or lease?

IT WAS A CASH DEAL.
    The market has definitely softened up compared to postings from last winter.
    I was expecting to pay at least $1000 over invoice. The dealers were extremely engaging and surprised me with a better deal than what I had in mind. Deal with cost plus invoice and be flexible with options. The car is as refined as advertised.
  • dsasidsasi Member Posts: 11
    Picked up my 535i yesterday.

Black on Black
    Premium, Cold Weather, Nav, iPod adapter.

MSRP: 55325
    24 Months lease, 10 K miles per year
    $2500 down
    Tax: 6% (Indiana)
    7 MSDs
    $2500 BMW incentive

Monthly Payment: $462.50 .. :)

Irv @ Motorwerks, Chicago, IL is the man, he was very professional and went through all the stuff in the car with us!!
    Wow......enjoy. I got a 528xi similarly equiped yesterday in Platinum Beige w/cream beige interior. Nice car. Love your monthly payment, which is about whaqt I was paying for my Lexus 2005 ES 330 lease. :shades:
  • ellecheroellechero Member Posts: 3
    Im trying to lease a 535i this is what the dealer offered me
    its a 535i with sport premium and cold weather packages and satelite radio what are your toughts on this deal?
    for a 2 year lease 15k miles per year
    4k at signing
    $750 monthly
  • ponytrekkerponytrekker Member Posts: 310
    No. Total rip off.

Read what deals some of the other people on this forum have been getting.
  • ellecheroellechero Member Posts: 3
    I was doing the math and I think with 3k down I should be paying around $615
  • jmgoldsmithjmgoldsmith Member Posts: 18
    Is the following deal good?

2008 BMW 528i with the following options:
    Premium Package
    Sports Package
    Comfort Access
    Heated Front Seats
    Park Distance Control
    Xenon Headlights
    Navigation System
    iPod and USB Adapter

MSRP: $55,475.00
    Selling Price: $52,520.00

Lease Term: 36 months (12,000 miles per year)
    Money Factor: 0.00245 (5.88%)
    Residual Value: $34,394.50 (62%)

Total Monthly Lease Payment (excluding taxes): $741.36
    Total Drive-Off Payment: $2,124.81 (first lease payment + license / registration + security deposit)

Which of the terms, if any, should I try to negotiate further? Thanks.
  • maril556maril556 Member Posts: 8
    MF is actually 0.00180.
    I just ordered yesterday 535i with:
    Premium
    Nav
    Logic 7
    Cold weather
    Park distance
    I-pod
    MSRP $57,725
    $1,621 inception

24 months, $736 a month INCLUDING tax.
    $685 with 7 Sec. deposits.

So, I guess, you should be able to do MUCH better.
  • octaviodoctaviod Member Posts: 5
    I'm curious about your quote. The MF of .00180 is only available to current BMW Financial Services customers. You didn't mention your selling price or how miles per year. When I checked the quote it doesn't add up. Are you putting monet down besides inception and multiple securities?
  • maril556maril556 Member Posts: 8
    I am current BMW owner. The term is 12 K/year. Selling price is $1100 over invoice.
    Residual is 73%.
  • bosco42bosco42 Member Posts: 20
    Please advise on what a very good deal would be for a 535xi auto,premium,navig,heated front seats, comfort access, ipod adapter

36 month lease...10K..no money down....taxes in the payment (8.65%)...upfront 1st month, security and DMV.

New York area...thanks for any insight !!
  • octaviodoctaviod Member Posts: 5
    MSRP - $58,725
    SELLING PRICE - $55,500
    36 MONTH10,000 MILES PER YEAR
    RESIDUAL - $36,996.75
    MF = .00205 W/NO SECURITY DEPOSIT. THERE IS A LOWER RATE IF YOU ARE A CURRENT BMW FINANCIAL SERVICES CUSTOMER WITH MORE THAN 50% OF YOUR CURRRENT CONTRACT TERM
    MONTHLY PAYMENT - $728.21 + TAX $791.20 INCLUDING TAX
    INCEPTION- $1059.36
  • phong12phong12 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I'm looking at a 2008 535xi MSRP $59,295

with
    Cold Weather
    Premium
    Fold Down Rear
    iPod
    XM
    NAV

I might have missed a few options but MSRP is definitely $59,295

Dealer quote is $54500. I think this price is pretty close to invoice.

Is this a good deal? My wife doesn't think so :))
    Should I be jumping on this before they change their mind? :)

Thanks,
    P.