Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Tacoma (2004 and earlier)

Comments

• msibillemsibille Member Posts: 275
    You may want to dig around and see how the system was installed (i.e., how did DPO tap into the electrical system when he installed), and also, how did the dealer 'remove" the previous security system.

Sounds like there's a possible intermittent short somewhere {or possibly a broken wire in a ground).
    See if you find that they used one of those "splice taps" that cut thru the insulation and pinch the wire. Those are bad enough when installed if you're not careful, worse sometimes when removed. See if you see any remnants of splice wire,harnesses etc, that might've gotten loose and are occasionally shorting something. In particular, there's often a wire that is supposed to be grounded with the key off and +12VDC when key is on, that is used on security systems to know that the engine is running. (The "std" harness I had bought for my wife's Odyssey in 1999 plugged into such a line. Unfortunately, Honda had changed the circuit slightly and the line would drop to ground everytime the int. wiper would cycle. This would set off the alarm w/ each swipe of the wiper blade when in int. wiper mode. -very annoying, I'm sure you can imagine.)
    Anyway, check to see if such a wire was tapped into and is either shorting or is broken, making contact intermittently. I know this will be a needle in a haystack search,but it's the best I've got at this point. Look to see if the "uninstall" was actually just a disconnect and tape-up job. Maybe the alarm was malfunctioning and the dealer disabled it, but some wire he taped up or something has come loose.

Good luck, and good hunting.
  • ben2002ben2002 Member Posts: 9
    Hi Ross, Could you diagnose your problem? I had a somewhat similar problem with my 02 XC 2.7L 4x4 yesterday - it would turn over but not start. Towed to a dealer, they say it may be either fuel pump or one of the onboard computers...thanks.
  • cardude88cardude88 Member Posts: 3
    This isn't a mechanical question or anything, but I'll post it anyway. I'm shopping around for my first truck (I'm 17) and considering a Tacoma, probably a V6 4WD Xtracab, though I haven't actually gone to a lot and looked at one yet, but I was wondering if you can actually fit an average size human being in the back of the Xtracab or is it strictly for looks and gear only? Also, how bad are the seats, seriously?
    Thanks
  • smitherzsmitherz Member Posts: 1
    Anyone know any info on where to acquire a D-4D? I NEED ONE and wouldn't hesitate to start working on the transplant into my Taco. I'm currently building my headers for a turbo I'm putting in with my 2.7L >:]
  • lavoielavoie Member Posts: 11
    You gotta check this one! I've never seen a truck take so much abuse, and it's a tacoma (Hi-Lux)

Trashed truck
  • roomanrooman Member Posts: 10
    Hi, I wonder if any owner of a pre-2005 taco doublecab with the TRD package and 4 cyl. engine can shed some light on the rear differential locker (or the lack of...)

While the V6 version of the DC could be installed with the TRD package that came with a differential locker, information about the 2.7L 4 cyl. version is largerly conflicting. On some documentations, a locker was mentioned, on the others, a locker was listed as "not available"; yet, on some others, a limited slip differential was mentioned. :confuse:

For a 2001-2004 DC with 4 cyl and TRD, does it have an open differential or a limited slip diff. or a locker??

Thanks!
  • danielg2danielg2 Member Posts: 2
    i dont think you can get the trd package with a 4 banger... its pretty much reserved for the top of the line pickups with v6... therefore i would think an open diff is standard... i got a 2000 pre runner v6 trd and when i bought it, the locking rear diff isnt even listed on the trd package, but i still have it. so i dont know... maybe they changed the options when they gave it a facelift in 01
  • lilredtoylilredtoy Member Posts: 3
    I have a 1996 Tacoma 4x4, and for whatever reason my cruise control doesn't work. And before I get f*cked by anyone as far as money goes, I figured I would ask here. So here's where I sound stupid....in the fuse box area, which fuse controls the Cruise Control? Figured I would start there and work my way up the money scale to getting it fixed.

Thanks Bunches ;p
  • mikefm58mikefm58 Member Posts: 2,882
    " So here's where I sound stupid... "

No, you sounded stupid in your previous sentence. It doesn't offend me, but it's not appropriate language for a public forum like this.
    Agreed, and that's the reason that some of us haven't answered his question.
    I thought these fora were monitored.

Note to our gracious Host: Please explain why the original post hasn't been removed.
  • kentuckymudkentuckymud Member Posts: 2
    This forum is great. I have not been able to find technical oriented people like your selves in the past.

I have a 2004 V-6 Double Cab TRD with 38k miles, I just had the power steering pump replaced and I have had an ongoing issue with the belts making an incredible amount of noise at start up when its cold. Has anyone else had any problems like this??? :confuse:
  • lilredtoylilredtoy Member Posts: 3
    Actually No I don’t have an owners manual for it, I bought the truck used. And NO the fuse box isn’t labeled nor does it have any reference to the cruise control anywhere else. So thanks for the appropriate language speech.. And Im off to buy an owners manual.
    You're welcome.
    Good luck.
  • sugarman1sugarman1 Member Posts: 92
    yes i have a 2004 xtra cab trd with 38000miles also and have had cold weather starting noise,it kind of sounds like the cooling fan blades are slapping against the plastic fan shroud or something like that but very noticable and concerning because its loud and only happens when its very cold out,especially when i warm up the truck at 4:30am wintertime before i go to work. Ive never addressed this problem to the dealer or had any fixs done,scanning other toyota tacoma websites i have heard of others complaining of the problem or should i say are concerned about the loud noise but no solutions,it seems like another common problem or irritation with 04 tacoma.
  • captaintacocaptaintaco Member Posts: 1
    i receintly had new gears put in front and rear of course(4x4). i have been off-roading since the new gears have been broken in. at least 4 times. the last time i was in 4 wheel high and the front end locked up. took it home in 2 wheel drive. checked the front drive shaft in nuetral. there is play in the front end pinion bearing. i brought it back to the place where i had the work done and he said that sand got inside of the bearing. im pretty sure that new gears come with new bearing seals and would protect from sand ect... is this guy covering up his mistake? b/c im almost sure that this problem is an instalation error. i dont want to have to pay to have him fix his mistake. does anyone have any advice?? would greatly appreciate it.
    thanks. paul
  • army96army96 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

Well we have a 04 EXT cab, it seems to be perfect for our 4 and 2 yr olds, and some of their stuff they bring with them, but thats about it. We did go home to NY where I had to sit between them in back, no seatbelt for me, there is only 2, I managed but had a backache for several days later. I am 5'2. So, my answer would be it's not extremely suitable in my opinion, but you can fit probally 2 guys in the assigned seats somewhat comfortably.

Overall, we love our truck, I don't think at this point we would buy anything over this Toyota.

GL!!

Kelly
    Hi,

My name is Kelly. I joined this forum today because my husband owns a 04 tacoma 4x4 with the TRD that he has made since he bought it, his baby (lol). He likes to take it mudding and such and has been talking about doing some upgrades to the exterior, things like a grille guard, tube steps ect...

My question is, what would you get if you could? I am thinking of taking his truck while he is at work and getting something for him that he woudl like, but since I am a chick (lol) I am kinda clueless. I want to suprise him.

Thanks in advance for any of you that may be able to help!!

Kelly:)
    Hi,

Well, we just solved the first and only problem with our 04 with 32,000 on it this last month. When we started it up in the morning it would make a twingy noise that would eventually go away, it sounded like a belt, but we were not convinced. The dealership looked at it and found nothing, much to our dismay. Long story short, we discovered the sound when we would turn our wheel at certian times, ended out being the power steering though it didn't sound like it. I don't know if it's because this is our first truck, and it sounded different than what we recognized as the power steering going out.

Kelly:)
  • swlagoswlago Member Posts: 3
    I too have a squeek that comes on in the morning when it is cold. Of course by the time I get it to the dealer it is gone as the truck has warmed up. I even left it over night and they said they couldn't hear a thing. I also seem to have some sort of grinding noise when driving at slow speeds. Feels like a bearing to me but again the dealer says everything is fine. I only have 29,000 miles on it so this seems very annoying to me.
    this noise you hear on very cold weather startups is hard to pinpoint it sounds like hard slapping against plastic and definetly gets your attention only on extremely cold mornings after sitting overnite.I have searched other toyota truck forums and others are experiencing it too,Ive had my 04 Taco w/39,000miles now and have no mechanical problems due to this (that I know of). As far as the grinding noise is concerned it could be that if you take your truck in to have oil changes that these places and even the dealerships that have oil change facilities dont do the chassis greasing on the driveshaft universal joints even if they say they do most dont! A friend I know has 02 Quad Taco 4x4 at the time of purchase new he bought extended oil change maintainence from dealer and took truck for scheduled oil change,at 50,000 noticed unusual sit of pants vibration and took to dealer they said everything fine,the problem got worse took to dealer again and they replaced complete rear driveshaft,reason was no grease in u-joints and wearout was evident covered under 60,000mile warranty,and this maintainence was through dealer! These trucks have a two piece driveshaft and is somewhat complicated but they require grease at scheduled intervals. I do my own oil and grease maint. and have never experienced any driveline noises or vibes at 39,000miles.
  • akwrxakwrx Member Posts: 9
    What's the most that anyone has towed for a short distance with a tacoma? I have a large boat (around 9000 #'s) that I need to pull out of the water and a couple hundred yards to a parking spot. Strictly 5 mph low range stuff. I have done the job with an old (mid 70's) Ford f 150 many times, but I am concerned about my V6 and Manual trany. Anybody pull off something like that? I can adjust the tongue weight, but it is a serious load either way. No hills to worry about after the boat ramp, I just don't want to break anything. Let me know what you think,
    I never checked but i thought the U joints were sealed with no fittings. I do take it to the dealer for service so you would think those boneheads would check that stuff. I guess I will have to crawl under there this weekend and check. Thanks for the input. As far as the squeek goes it makes a sound similiar to when a power sterring pump is going. I too haven't experienced any mechanical problems as of yet.
    I have only pulled about 5K. I would be most worried about the ramp.
    2004 and earlier have a number of lube fittings -lubrication of them is itemized on the maint lists in the owner's manuals and online.

2005+ has mostly lubed-for-life bearing, balljoints, and the like.
  • lexuslxlexuslx Member Posts: 18
    I am looking at a 2001 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner Double Cab w/TRD pkg. that has the 2.7 litre 4 cylinder engine... Do any of you own the 4 cylinder double cab tacoma? Is is strong enough for general use or very underpowered? I need to decide on this truck in the next day or two, so please help me!

THANKS in advance!!!

Matt
    My son has a 2001 Tacoma Prerunner extended cab and it's fine for general use. Put a couple extra adults in the double cab and I'd say it's under powered, but that's just my opinion. Why don't you try it out and take a couple buddies with you for the test drive, a couple BIG buddies.
    I had a 2004 DC w/ 2.7litre 4cyl and found it perfectly suitable w/ my family of four while towing my 1500 lb boat and trailer. I live in the relatively flat Gulf Coast, but never had trouble maintaining 70mph while going up overpasses, etc w/ the boat behind me.

I DID however have issues with poor paint coverage under the doors. The bottom corner of each door was missing topcoat (primer only), and in the case of the driver's door, there was a thumb size area that had no paint at all, began rusting within weeks of delivery. Looking at others (2002 and 2004) I found that many of them did not have the color coat in these areas, though I didn't find any that were missing primer.

Suggest you check under sides of doors carefully for condition of paint and/or repair of paint.
    If properly repaired, no real big deal. (I ended up getting a 2005 after several botched paint repair jobs.)
  • ustazzafustazzaf Member Posts: 311
    First of all, the 6500 pound towing capacity is rated for going across the desert at 60 MPH without getting hot, so obviously you can go higher for short distance. I would only be concerned if the ramp is quite steep. I would be concerned about the fact that the trailer outweighs the truck considerably when it comes time to brake. If you have electric brakes, and you can leave them hooked up, you should be ok. If you have surge brakes, they will do you no good. I would be more afraid of losing control on the ramp than I would about breaking something. I pulled a 4 door chevy dually up the ramp with a huge boat behind with no problem. I just made sure he had brakes if needed.
    THANKS for the advice. I located an '03 Tacoma Prerunner Double Cab with the 4 cyl and test drove it today. It seemed to be fairly powerful to me. Not as good as the 6 cyl, but fine for my purposes. The heaviest object that I would tow would be a 6x10 utility trailer with a 4wheeler and golfcart on it...so a 4 cyl should be okay.

I'll post again if I get the truck. THANKS!
    2001 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner Double Cab
    4 cyl engine w/auto transmission
    80k miles
    SR5 Pkg.
    TRD Pkg.
    Bedliner
    Black w/Tan Cloth Seats

$13,750

I know that there is a demand for Double Cab Tacomas, but I am wondering if this Tacoma is worth $13,750. The online pages all say that retail is around $13-14,000 but this is a private party sale...but then again, there is a great demand for these trucks. It is the exact color combo that I am looking for... Should I spend this much or look for another one?

THANKS!
  • akwrxakwrx Member Posts: 9
    ustazzaf,

I would have liked to have seen you drag some guys big dually and his boat out of a jam. Must have been pretty cool. I hope you managed not to gloat too much ;-) Do you have the manual transmission? I agree with you that the tow rating is for highway use and that I should be able to safely exceed the 6500# a low speeds and short distances. I just worry a little bit about the trany and drivetrain when I take the weight up the ramp. Thanks for the confidence booster
  • americantacomaamericantacoma Member Posts: 4
    Hey guys, first time ive posted here, i drive a 2002 3.4 V6 tacoma ext. cab and my question is: what to do about my catalytic converters, i currently have 2 on my model and want to get them out of there to free some restricted horses...ive considered running straight pipes or a high flow cat (only thing i need to worry about pollution wise is treehuggers chasing me, no legal obligations) but im worried if i run a straight pipe without any cats that it may screw with my computer as there is a sensor situated behind the two cats on it now...any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks a lot! oh and ive already put a super 40 flowy muffler on it (sounds amazing)
    Absolutely not are the u joints on the front and rear driveshafts of 2004 or earlier Tacomas sealed. I am not saying the source of your grinding noise is the u joints but from what you are saying the noise sounds as if driveline related. And absolutely dont rely on dealership or other boneheads to do a responsible job on your truck,after I take my truck in for any service I ask alot of questions and crawl over the truck to make sure everything is done properly and looks like it did when I brought it there. When you get truck back after oil change chassis grease crawl under and look at joints see if it looks like fresh grease was pumped in and the excess is wiped and cleaned as not to attract dirt to the joint you can tell if someone has done what you paid them to do by taking a couple of minutes to check it over before you leave. Ive heard of some dealerships(not Toyota)that do not change oil filter during oil change because of lazy employees and the consumer doesnt even know it,the rule is for everything you pay for these days is Buyer Beware for everything you spend your hard earned money for. ;)
    Yes, if you look at the specs for the 4 and the V6, there's obviously a difference in HP, but the 4 has pretty respectable output.

As for the $13750 - I guess if it's in mint condition with a lot of extras, but that seems like a lot, particularly for private party. I would see if you couldn't negotiate down -did you make a lower offer?

cheers.
  • britstoybritstoy Member Posts: 1
    HI, THIS IS MY FIRST TIME HERE...THIS WEBSITE IS PRETTY NEAT!
    I HAVE AN 01' TACOMA 4x4 TRD THAT IS LIFTED 6" & HAS 33" TIRES... IT HAS 128K MILES ON IT, BUT I'AM SUPER GOOD ABOUT MAINTENENCE ON THIS THING, IT IS MY BABY!
    FOR A WHILE MY TRUCK WAS MAKING A VIBRATION NOISE, AND FEELING ( YOU COULD FEEL IT IN THE FEET) WHEN YOU ARE DRIVING AT CERTAIN SPEEDS, IT WAS LOUDER, WENT AWAY, LOUD, WENT AWAY...
    I REPLACED MY TIRES BECAUSE THE TREAD WAS WEARING UN-EVEN, WHICH I HEAR ISN'T UNUSUAL FOR BIG TIRES...THE NOISE WENT AWAY!
    1 YEAR LATER, THE NOISE RETURNED! SO, I REPLACED MY TIRES AGAIN, THINKING THATS WHAT IT WAS.
    THE NOISE DID NOT GO AWAY! ; (
    I REPLACED MY FRONT WHEEL BEARINGS THINKING THATS WHAT IT WAS. THE NOISE WAS BETTER, BUT STILL THERE. I WAS TOLD THAT IT COULD BE MY U-JOINTS? OR POSSIBLY MY DRIVELINE.
    I DON'T WANT TO GO THROWING $ INTO IT IF IT'S NOT GOING TO FIX THE PROBLEM, YA KNOW?
    DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS?
    THANX A BUNCH.
    I would first check to see if the front end alignment is correct based on the fact you have uneven tire wear on your front tires,i am no expert when it comes to lift kits and oversized tires but when you start involving lifts and super heavier weight tires and offroad equipment you are putting alot of stress on OEM designed truck parts such as front wheel bearings,universal joints operating at sharper angles because of lift kit,and engine operating harder because of all this added weight,the people who designed the truck didn't have all this in mind when they made it. Although Toyota trucks are super tough when you start clocking over 100,000miles they are going to feel the effects sooner or later.Ive had three toyotas 1983,1995,2004 all 4x4s the first two clocked over 200,000miles plus :P with not one front end problem or noises but i kept them relatively stock. One thing I have noticed is that you will have to spend alot of money :sick: on these monster trucks for upgrading parts on a constant basis to compansate for all the added weight and stress to the truck to just keep it operating properly and that could end up to alot of coin. :surprise:
  • blobblob Member Posts: 2
    Almost new 2003 PreRunner, 4 banger, has a vibration @ about 900rpm and again at about 2100. I bought it new to replace my 85 22R,(252,00 mi), but the old one wouldn't die, so at three years old, the new 03 only has 6500 miles on it. Dealer said it was "harmonic" and would check other trucks for similar "buzz." Would you believe it, he hasn't gotten back to me yet?!
    Anyone know where I might start looking for the problem, it is really annoying to feel this in a "new" vehicle. It comes in at about 900 to 1000 rpm, and again at just over 2100, and lasts for just a couple of 1oo rpms past. What is really annoying is waiting for it to come in and then fade out as it is right in the middle range of rpms most of my in town driving at at.
    Thanks in advance for any words!
    There was a recall on Toyota trucks for lower ball joint replacement back to 96 I think, for all 4X4 trucks and Forerunners,Im not sure if Prerunners were covered since they are 4x2 trucks but I would diffenitely check it out anyway. I have a 2004 Tacoma 4x4 and had them replace lower balljoints all you need is Vin number from truck and they can check to see if your truck was included in recall I think it should be,and you get a loaner car since this was a full recall from Toyota. Also I asked about a front end alignment after they replaced the joints and was told that it was not necessary. Also I want to inform you of two Technical Service Bulletins for your truck,if you notice your truck not starting properly and acting as if it were flooded you need to have EG-052-04 and EG-042-04 TSB's done before warranty expires 36,000miles at the same time as joints since you get a loaner ,although they will not do TSB's unless they can duplicate problem while they have truck. These TSB's are for 2003-2004 Tacomas they call the problem Hard Starting in the TSB,if you detect this problem have them do BOTH the TSB's and problem is gone. Read my tread in the Toyota Tacoma Problems and Solutions or 2004 Tacoma sections,the title is Hard Starting 2004 Tacomas Owners Listen Up.So hang in there blob with the truck once you get this problems ironed out you will really enjoy this truck, hard core Toyota truck owners will never buy another no matter how bad it gets.
  • zxc1zxc1 Member Posts: 1
    I thought Toyota would be interested in this rig because it has had no major reairs,only alternator and starter. I emailed them but they said they didn want it for research purposes. Anybody know who at Toyota might be. Good body, all original major components Runs fine
    but is starting to growl and is probaly not long for the end. :surprise:
  • toy03toy03 Member Posts: 4
    the noise in the dash has a sevice bulletin on it nv006-02 tell the dealer i have a 2003 that had the same promblem they installed a noise suppression kit and new clips.also thers a recall on the lower ball joints ssc 50j.
  • fox6fox6 Member Posts: 3
    Been driving on Padre is. beach for 10 years never lowered tire pressure.Key to not getting stuck is to stay just above swash line on beach.Which is area where wave rolls back out & sand is normally packed hard. Wemake 63 mile trips down Padre with no trouble. foxo6
  • wtwolfewtwolfe Member Posts: 1
    HI ALL / NEWBIE TO THE BOARDS. HAD MY BEAUTIFUL BLACK 97 TACOMA EXTENDED CAB 4X4 IN FOR (PA) INSPECTION YESTERDAY. MY MECHANIC CALLED ME TO STOP BY TO SEE SOMETHING. BOTH FRAME RAILS FROM THE FRONT DOORS BACK TO THE REAR WHEELS WERE ROTTED THROUGH!!! ALSO THE CROSS MEMBER WHICH SUPPORTS THE GAS TANK, SUSPENSION ETC. WAS SHOT. THE TRUCK IS BARELY BROKE IN WITH 75K ON THE ODO. I INTEND ON CONTACTING THE HIGH AND MIGHTY AT TOYOTA WITH THIS SITUATION TO SEE IF THIS HAS BEEN AN ISSUE IN THE PAST WITH OTHER TRUCKS / AND HOPEFULLY RESOLVE MY DILEMA... ANYONE EVER ENCOUNTER THIS PROBLEM WITH THEIR SIMILAR TRUCK; I SURE WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU; AT THIS POINT, I'M OPEN TO ANY AND ALL SUGGESTIONS. THANKS IN ADVANCE, BILL :sick:
    hey guys, im looking at getting some new rims for my 2002 4wd tacoma, right now it has 16" rims on it with umm 265/70/r16 tires, and am looking to mix up the look at bit and throw some 20's on there with low pros, im just wondering if or how much they will rub...something i may have to just try? my buddys got an escalade with 20's he may sell...any ideas if the offsets and such will work? thanks! :confuse:
  • izahick1izahick1 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 Tacoma 4wd w/3.4 V6, 5 speed. I just upgraded to the K&N cold air intake. Now when I down shift and smash down on the gas pedal it is very sluggish up until it hits 4500 RPM,then it will sit you back in your seat. The fuel millage has even droped bad. The truck only has 40,000 miles on it, and has been taken care of. I would really appricate some input.

Thanks
    Check out these websites customtacos.com, ttora.com, yotatech.com, Tundrasolutions.com, Toyotanation.com search the forums alot of people post there and give impressions on thier trucks performation and results with after4market upgrades Ive read that K&n FIPK does reduce gas mileage on one of these sights,you could have saved alot of money by doing what they call a deckplate modification better results and less money check out those websites listed and do searchs on FIPK and deckplate mod.
    Check out this website before purchasing Air Induction Mods it is www.gadgetonline.com/airinduction.htm this guy dyno tested a few different air induction systems including the K&N FIPK and others with results taken on dynometer. One of the best is called the Elbow modification and doesnt cost a dime exact about a 1/2 hour of time and I did it to my 2004 Taco V6 TRD today. Just remove factory airbox three 12mm bolts and right where it bolts to the fender there are two 10mm bolts remove these and pull out a 90 degree elbow that restricts air into the intake box after that is out replace box and keep elbow for soveigner. I did this and it does have better throttle response and quicker off the line pickup most improvement is when driving high speeds 45-55mph. My truck has a TRD airfilter and article recommends replacing paper filter with K&N or Amsoil filter for better air induction. Two things I have noticed since doing mod is although more air gets to Air box so does more grit and road debris into box but checked air filter and seems to be doing its job and stopping it from entering intake tube,also more dust seems to be getting into engine compartment since there is a gap where elbow was removed but I plugged it. But power is up and if MPGs go up I leave as is,if not will consider putting back elbow,I dont have a warm fuzzy feeling knowing more dirt is getting into intake area but if filter holds out then its OK.If anybody has done this in past please post results Ill comment on MPGs if anyone is interested.
    I drive a 2002 Tacoma, with the 3.4 V6, and have recently added a throttle body spacer and a cold air intake (generic kind, same as K&N, just no name) parts cost me @ $200, and install was simple, and my gas mileage (and power) has incresed dramatically (from about 13L/100km (18mpg) to between 9-10L/100km (23-26mpg) and all of this with more power, bronze grade fuel. And its an automatic transmission :)
  • tacogoldtacogold Member Posts: 1
    looking for factory wheels 2002 toyota tacoma 4wd possible trade I have 16x8 eagle alloy polished
  • jazzbeaujazzbeau Member Posts: 10
    This is my second post. I have been totally amazed with this truck. I live along the I-5 corridor in Northern California near Mt Shasta. This truck has been the best investment in a vehicle that I have ever made. Knock-on-wood, I've never had anything go wrong, break, etc on this truck. I bought it in July '02. It had 23,400 miles on it and it now has just turned 60k. Mileage has been consistantly between 20-24. I had at one time a low of 19 and a high of 25 but 20-24 is most consistent. What blows me away about this truck is that when I appraise it on Edmunds.. they value it at $12,200.. It does have quite a few options and its condition I put as "Good". Only regular maintenace has been done, and I just put a new set Herculese Terra Tracs on it. My only regret is that the cab is a little to small :)
This discussion has been closed.