Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Equinox

Comments

• lupinelady99lupinelady99 Member Posts: 7
    Ok, update on the availability of parts! After waiting 7 weeks my parts arrived! The problems have been worked out with GM and their suppliers. After talking to the parts department at my dealership they told me that the backlog is clearing (I get the full line because my son is an asst. manager of the department). If anyone is waiting for parts out there, hang tight because the orders are being filled in the order they were placed.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Good to hear; thanks for the update.
  • clebo1clebo1 Member Posts: 78
    Please note the way GM organization is in disarray, I would rather wait for the easter bunny,or Tooth Fairy,or maybe Santa Claus.I've gotten so many stories from GM but very little action. Why don't all buyers of the Chevy equinox find Mr. Wagonner,get some of th 8.5. million dOLLARS back he left so that me may fix your vehicle. PROMISES!!!! PROMISES!!! PROMISES!!!
    This shows that type of this vehicle is.Chevy and Gm will tell you anything,tell you dealer your vehicle you burn more oil than gas in a insulting way. Also get a hold of the NTSA- in dc.Also file a Lemon charge with the F TC>>we bailed Gm out,now Gm needs to step up to the plate and fix out vehicles for free. Also get a hold of your Local Senator and or Representative and give him an ear full!!!
    AGAIN,GM-CHEVY HAS MANY DESIGN FLAWS IN THIS VEHICLE AND GM KNEW THIS.PLEASE CONTACT THE NTHSB AND THE FTC AND FILE A FORMAL COMPLAINT UNDER THE AUTOMOBILE STATUE,THE MORE THAT FILE,THE MORE VOICE WE WILL HAVE AGAINST GM-CHEVY LEMON OX
    CHECK IT CLOSLEY AS MINE WAS SUPPOSEDLY BUILT IN CANADA,A LOT OF LOOSE MANUFACTURED SITE STICKERS ARE LOOSE ON THESE VEHICLES.
    PLEASE NOTE IF THEY WERE MADE IN CHINA,I WOULD NOT WORRY SO MUCH,BUT AFTER 30,000 MILES,THE CAR LITERALLY FALLS APART. GET RID OF IT NOW!!!
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Member Posts: 1,739
    Why not go into your profile and make your email public so we can all really tell you what we think as this site is PG. I sure hope your next car is twice what your Equinox is......................that is twice as bad :P :P ;);)
  • tazzitazzi Member Posts: 23
    Heh - funny! Not very nice, but funny.

I wonder if there is an ignore function on this site? :shades: That way we wouldn't have to be bothered by the caps and repeats. :confuse:

I'm waiting for my dealer to actually get some of the 2010 models and keep them longer than a day so I can test drive one!

They do seem to be selling pretty well, which I take as a good sign. Lots of good reviews.
    I've driven 2 of them both AWD, one a 4 and the other a LTZ with the 6. Both had outstanding feel of quality and a top of the line feel when sitting in it. Plus these are early production cars and they looked great.
  • tazzitazzi Member Posts: 23
    If I get one, it will be the LT2 AWD with a 4 engine. How was the power? I live in the foothills and am curious to see how it will do on the inclines. And on the drive to Lake Tahoe :D

I've narrowed my options down to the Equinox and the Forrester. Still need to test drive them both and compare but have been waiting for the C4C program. Also curious to see if the manufacturer's add any extra incentives. I'm probably looking at buying in September unless the vouchers start running out, then I'll buy in August.
    Power is in the eyes of the beholder. That is the reason I drove the 6 as I feel in AWD it is under powered for hills etc. But there have been a couple others here who were happy with it. The thing I didn't like was at a steady driving speed when I let off the gas it felt like I was downshift maybe a 1/2 gear as instead of coasting like other cars I have driven including the V6 version AWD it slowed down. To me that was a big minus. Can't help with MPG much doing that and I just didn't like it. Maybe it was a fluke with that vehicle. Also I still don't care about the remote. You push a button that sticks out from the side and the key pops out. It isn't a whole key just the part that goes into the ign. switch. I can just see it poping out in my pocket and either polking me or tearing a hole in my pocket over time. It just wasn't well though out.
  • vcontivconti Member Posts: 4
    Hello looking to purchase a 2010 Chevy Equinox LTZ V6 in New Jersey have a few internet quotes MSRP approx 36,900 quotes are at $33,000 before taxes and fees. Anyone have any input as to how much lower they can go?
    I posted a GMS price on one of these Equinox Edmunds Forums about a week ago. Look it up and you should be able to come pretty close. The GMS price is a little cheaper than the dealer pays but he does get a rebate on the units he sells at the end of the year which would put it cheaper than GMS.
  • vcontivconti Member Posts: 4
    Thanks found it $31,931.43 Can you tell me what the GMS price is?
    GMS is usually only for GM employees. It is a little bit below the invoice price the dealer gets but in these trying times there are dealers who are willing to sell at this price to anyone. There has also been a couple times that GM has extended this price to the general public. The dealers invoice will show this price. Being that this is a brand new vehicle that seems to have a lot of people wanting them I don't know how close you can come but at least it gives you something to shoot for. Also remember that the dealer gets a rebate of I hear 3% on all vehicles he sells at either the end of the year or quarterly. So if he sells it to you at his cost he still will get money on it at some point. Also we have to remember, he is in business to make money, not lose money as he has a lot of employees depending on him so offer him a fair price and go from there. Remember one more thing you can buy from any dealer and still take it to your neighborhood dealer for work but don't expect him to step up to the plate and fight for you if something questionable comes up since he will remember you bought elsewhere.
  • laserbluelaserblue Member Posts: 313
    My Equinox has 33,000 miles and still on the original tires "Bridgestone Dueler".
    How many miles did you do with your originals?
  • sgr5516sgr5516 Member Posts: 163
    We replaced the original tires on our 2005 Equinox at 54,100 miles.
    Why don't all the Equinox come with the same size of tires?
    What are the advantages of getting the 18's or 17's tires option rather than the 16 inches?
    Why don't all Equinox come in just one color. Answer that and you will have answered your own question.
    I'm not sure you can say a white car has much of an advantage over a black one. Maybe in Vegas. Tires would affect ride and handling more than color choice.

We're talking handling, ride, tread wear, etc. If you use "a tire with a shorter sidewall, you gain quickness in steering response and better lateral stability. The visual appeal is obvious, most wheels look better than the sidewall of the tire, so the more wheel and less sidewall there is, the better it looks." TireRack

The bigger sizes fill up the wheel well "better" and you may like the look. But the handling and ride characteristics may change. As will the replacement costs.

Check out Tires, tires, tires too. This post by tireguy was a classic.
    I never said anything about a white car. The orginal question was why do they offer different size tires which is the same as why do they offer different colors. Answer is because not everyone likes the same color or not everyone likes the same size tires for some of the reasons you stated. I would guess the reason we have different options for things is because manufacturers want as much business as they can get and if they only offer one model whether a Car or a TV they are limiting themselves as to how much they can sell.
    I never said anything about a white car.

You never said anything about tires either, which was the question. ;)
    Tire sizes and colors are very different subjects in my question "dmathews3".
    Different car colors don't change anything with the performance of the car.
    The vehicle will perform the same even if it's red, black, white or blue ect....
    Maybe my question wasn't asked clearly.
    My question is; How can the tire sizes affect the performance in general of a vehicle?
    Is it better with 16's, 17's 18's.
    The smaller the better or opposite?
    Ok now that is a better question. My answer to that is I wonder if there is any difference. Without looking up the tire options are there any real difference in dia. On my 04 Colorado Crewcab they came with 16" tires but the spare was a 15" tire. When you checked out the dia of them they were the same. I went to 17" tires as they were the fad and I wanted aftermarket chrome wheels to accent the black color. I got tires that were the same outside dia. as before by just going to a different size. These numbers aren't right as I'm just taking these numbers off the top of my head but you should get the idea. Lets say the 16" used 70 series tires and I went to 17" with 60 series which made them the same. I wonder if this is what GM is doing but you would have to figure that out yourself by going to Tirerack or somewhere that you can punch in the tire sizes and get the outside dia. Hope this was of help.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Different car colors don't change anything with the performance of the car.

That's absolutely right though I have heard it said that bright red may produce more traffic tickets than more conservative colors. Of course, that could be saying something about the personality of the buyer inclined to go with bright colors. In any case, I don't think it's helpful to dwell on the color issue.

Regarding which tire size is best, I would go with the standard size that comes with the vehicle. The manufacturer has determined that the standard size fits the needs of the vast majority of customers. Unless you have compelling performance or vanity needs, the nonstandard sizes will be of little use to you and cost you more.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
    Thank you to both of you "tidester" and "dmathew3".
    I thought that the bigger the size of the tire, the better m/p/g or a higher "ground clearance" you got. I think it doesn't affect those things after all.
    But as you said, staying with the standard size is the best thing,
    Thanks again.
  • back2frontback2front Member Posts: 42
    Does anyone know what the nylon cord attached to a plastic handle is? It's located on the top middle of the rear seat and comes out of the upholstry.
  • drpixel1drpixel1 Member Posts: 1
    Greetings,
    Can someone send the physical dimnsions of the 2009 Equinox cargo area. I have a dresser measuring 45"L x 35" H x 26" Deep. I think it might fit, but need to know it DEFINITEly will fit if I lie in down on the back. Need an urgent reply ASAP...would be truly appreciated.

drpixel1
    pls send to my email...
    Perhaps it's used to assist in pulling the seat forward?

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
    pls send to my email

We prefer to keep the discussin here so everyone benefits from the information.

BTW - the loading floor height is 28.6 inches so your Equinox should be able to handle the job. :)

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • back2frontback2front Member Posts: 42
    After looking at it again I discovered there are three of them, one in the middle and on each side. There is an emblem on the plastic clip attached to the nylon string that looks like and open book with either a person with a huge head or an old style gas pump. There is nothing in the manual about this but maybe it is used with child seats??? I'm just curious, I know I had a car years ago that had a pull string in the trunk and it was to shut off the fuel pump in case of a crash.
  • equinoxedequinoxed Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2010 Equinox on order to be built next week 8-24-8-28, it is a 1LT, 4 cyl.

It does not come with the Fog lights on the 1LT, will I be able to buy them and install them or have them installed at a later time.?

Also can I get Splash Guards and where, for the 2010 Equinox? :)

Thank you
    I bet the fog lights through the dealer will cost you an arm and a leg plus the wiring to make them work and the switch. Splash Guards for the nox I'm guessing will take quite a few months before they start coming availible. When I bought my Colorado in 04 it had been out for almost a year and there still wasn't much availible for it. I wanted wheels and there just wasn't much out there for a reasonable price. I bet the nox will be the same.
  • roxanne3roxanne3 Member Posts: 23
    I have a 2010 Equinox (1LT 4 cyl) on order, too, and was pretty excited about it until I started reading some of these threads !!! Now I don't know if I'll go through with it. Probably will (not sure) but now I'm feeling rather sick about it. It's due in a couple of weeks.

At any rate, I find it interesting that on Chevy's website, when you choose "Specs & Features", the 1LT 4 cyl FWD, has Splash Guards as an option for $89 (as well as a long list of other options) but the 1LT4 AWD does not.

I don't understand why you can get all that with the FWD but not the AWD. Why is there such a big difference in the options (it seems) just because the drive train is different ? Why can you order Splash Guards for the FWD and not the AWD, and why wouldn't they make SPLASH GUARDS ? That is something so basic it should be included with the base price. :mad: It seems pretty ridiculous that you might not be able to get splash guards for a YEAR ! Can anyone answer those questions for me ( BTW, I am female but I'm not blond ). :sick:
  • commuter10commuter10 Member Posts: 26
    Relax! It will be a great car if my experience is any indication. I have a 2006 with over 30,000 trouble free miles. That new 4 cylinder engine sounds fantastic and inline 4's are inherently reliable and easy to maintain. The 05's had some teething problems but after that the Equinox's reliability is average. (Which these days is very good!) All of this is in my opinion.
    You have to remember for the most part the people who hang out here are like yourselves trying to find out info on their future purchase. The people here are also the ones for the most part having/had problems with their nox but the majority of owners are happy with their nox and don't hang out here. You will find this to be true on all forums. From what I have gathered the drive train on these new ones are for the most part completely different than of old and I have driven 2 of them and also an 2006 back then and didn't like the 06 but the 10 is on my wifes short list.
  • roxanne3roxanne3 Member Posts: 23
    That's a very good point ! I think I'm going to take your advice to relax about it. And think I'll stop reading this forum for now. I'll report in after I've had it for a while with a review and back here if any problems. Hopefully, I won't have to do that. Thanks !
    :)
    Please don't relax on any Chevy vehicle as the quality is awful.Listen for every sound that is unfamiliar. This is usually the start of a bigger problem for this vehicle!!!
    Trusting Chevy- Gm and it's performance Issues concerning the Chevy equinox is like asking Bernie Madoff to handle your life savings. You will get wiped out one way or the other. The FTC has made an inquiry this time is looking into design vehicle design defects on all Chevy Equinox made between 2005 and 2010.Gm has not responded as Usual. Please note I have had 3 sets of rotors going only 15,000 miles in 3 years. You be the Judge.
    Reply,the short mileage is fine,but this vehicle has design flaw with the gasket head and manifold gasket. The longer you keep this vehicle ,many other problems develop especially with the head gasket and manifold gasket.
    You are a wise man Sir.I owned a hyundai and while Chevy just recently came up with a 10 year 100,000 miles warranry.Does anyone wants their vehicle to stay off and on in the shop Like a Chevy equinox for 10 years and 100,000 visits for repairs. think not. Stay away from the the Chevy equinox!!!
    Looks great ,but check under the hood,it's a nightmare,even changing the bulbs for the headlight is a nightmare as you have to dissemble other parts to get to them. Look good ,built badly!!!
    Hello Mam, you made a wise decision. this vehicle in untried and untested. Take it from a Man who due to my vehicle being out of service for one reason or the other over 80 days.I would rather have a Yugo.
  • wifes07aveowifes07aveo Member Posts: 31
    Clebo1,

Please go away.
  • godeacsgodeacs Member Posts: 481
    I second that emotion...... :mad:

Can't he be banned?????...... :confuse:
  • cmhj2000cmhj2000 Member Posts: 381
    I'll third it. He contributes little and is nothing but a bandwidth thief.
    I think he is friends of the host.
  • cmhj2000cmhj2000 Member Posts: 381
    Maybe maybe not. But until this crap stops or is addressed I'll be very reluctant to share any more of my 40 years of under the hood experience on any of these forums

Come to think of it all I'm doing is wasting my time here anyway.
    Why don't we just scroll past messages that we don't want to read? :)

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper