Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sweendogysweendogy Member Posts: 1,310
    dano - i would then go back to bernardi and have them match then go back to prime and have them do better. look the cr-v is top 10 in cars sold in america but its pretty clear dealers are looking to dump b/c the 2012's are coming soon. wifes car and a remote starter would be great this winter. I paid 27200 for the 2011 nav 4wd.
  • 4over200k4over200k Member Posts: 18
    Those seem like good prices on a 2010. I am in MetroWest Boston (near Rt1 and 495) What dealerships are you working with and how are they treating you? I am also considering this vehicle.
  • bdudebdude Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2011
    Just bought 2011 EX-L Navi 4WD for $27,696 including destination. (30,675 MSRP, 28,879 Invoice, zag.com price was 28,554)

Doc Fee was 160
    Tax was 1950
    Plates/title was $194
    Total was $30K out the door.
    Had a number of dealers in the chicagoland area willing to do it for this or within $100 of this.
  • dano51dano51 Member Posts: 10
    You really think I could do better.Hoping to get to dealership this weekend and buy.Any other tips I should know also hoping for the 0.9 finacing with half down.
    Extended warranty worth it?also what everybodys overall opinion of CR-V Are The seats comfortable for 2 or 3 hour long trips
    Thanks for information all is helpful
    worth a shot- crv nice little truck my wife loves it-- its her car-good amt of room in the back, the seats aren't the best thou.. the leather is pretty cheap and the seating postion is just ok (we had a 2007 that was worse) - We did a trip of 7hrs in the car over xmas and I would again rate the seats as fair- more lumber is needed.-- i also got the .9% financing-- USA today this weekend has an article on Small SUV's -- you should check that out as well. Goodluck
  • dano51dano51 Member Posts: 10
    Thanks for the info will try that.Does the article give the honda a thumbs up
    i hope.I fell pretty comfortable with them even though this is my first one
  • eli2tyreeeli2tyree Member Posts: 6
    Atlanta Area => Just bought a 2011 Honda CR-V SE model for $22,500 "out-the-door" which includes a 7% sales tax / lic / tag / dealer junk fees etc. Did most of the negotiating via email. Used Truecars.com as a source for local prices. Interesting buying experience, was negotiating with 3 different dealerships at the same time. Other 2 dealerships would only offer $23,000 or $22,750 "out-the-door". I leveraged the USAToday article in the Feb 11th Money section. They did a special report on 9 cross-overs and CRV finished 6th. I was already going to buy the CRV, but leveraged the story for a couple extra $$$ off.
    I just paid $22,500 OTD for 2011 CRV SE 2WD
  • voldermortvoldermort Member Posts: 67
    well, I;m going to shoot them an email then. thanks for the heads up, and i will let you know.

would you know what the mf and residual is for 35mths @12,000 and 15,000 miles? I can't find it anywhere here on these posts..or I may be looking it over somewhere.

thank you again
  • ardiusardius Member Posts: 1
    That sounds a good deal to me.
    Could you pass on the dealer info? Much appreciate it.
  • abc22abc22 Member Posts: 1
    Is this a good price? I'm in southern Arizona. The basic price looks good to me, but the doc fee excessive. Of course, maybe if the doc fee was more reasonable the basic price would be higher.

26,717 with tint and splash guards
    2431 tax (9.1)
    License/title: 484
    Doc fee: 399

OTD: 300031.24
  • toddcltoddcl Member Posts: 1
    I'm in the Atlanta area also, can you tell me the name of the dealer you finally went with?

I've been looking on Ebay at EX's from 2007 thru 2009. I can't really see any difference between the 2007 EX and the 2011 EX.. What am I missing?

Thanks
    Hennessey Honda in Woodstock, GA (I-575 & GA 92)
    I ended up going with the SE, instead of the EX. I liked the privacy glass and the alloy wheels.
  • jbonjbon Member Posts: 5
    You get both on the EX along with a moonroof,color keyed mirrors.door handles,dual-level cargo area and steering-wheel audio controls.
    Just was quoted 26,585 on 2010 CRV-EXL at Rt 1 Dealership in MA. Is this a good price or is there more discounting room for negotiation?
    for a 2010 that seems high - i got a 11 with nav for 27,200 - i think you could do alot better on a 10.
  • veekayveekay Member Posts: 1
    @ Dan - 27,200 for EX-L with nav is OTD price or excludes tax + doc + title etc etc.? where did you buy it?
    read my prev posts-- not otd price
  • cannycarcannycar Member Posts: 1
    Just paid $22,000.00 OTD for a 2011 CR-V SE 2 wheel drive equipped as follows at Hendrick Honda in Charleston SC:

-Cargo tray
    -door edge film
    -Color: Silver
    -Splash guards
    Thanks - you were correct. With effort on both sides of the table was able to agree on a 10 EX-L AWD for 24,750 (car only w destination included)+ with .09 honda financing for 60 months. The inventory of available 10s is narrowing in MA and the special apr will likely end this coming weekend if anyone is on the fence.
    nice work enjoy
  • kenneth813kenneth813 Member Posts: 38
    I have my EXL for just three years and my driver side leather seat is crack already.
  • jbonjbon Member Posts: 5
    No surprise.
    All leather cracks eventually.
    On a cheap vehicle faster.
    I have an '11 EX-L w/NAV and I knew going in the leather quality isn't great.
    That is true. And it doesn't help that we all decline the interior coverage package that can warranty cracking, fading and staining - but is also very expensive.

Just traded in 07 EXL on 10 EXL - no cracking or fading on leather and the seats were in as new condition. My wifes 04 Accord on the other hand - crack city! Same w 03 Pilot but front seats only on both cars - those are the spots that get the sun and the regular wear.

Use leather conditioner regularly (4 times per year) and try to cover seats when in the summer sun as much as possible - these can help.
  • m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    edited February 2011
    I had a Buick LaSabre for 13 years and now have an 8 yr old Infiniti and neither had or has any cracks in the leather. I do treat the leather but very rarely...maybe once every three years. Never heard of leather cracking that fast unless it gets wet a lot or subjected to extreme treatment of some sort. If not, I would take it to my dealer and see if something could be done. It sounds like you are right at the end or just out of your 3yr warranty but Honda is known for doing things for customers if it is close.

You also might try other threads involving maint or something as this is off topic for a "prices paid" discussion.
  • crvbuyer11crvbuyer11 Member Posts: 1
    Is $25,000 for a CR-V ex 2wd a good deal?

Thanks!
  • palnpaln Member Posts: 12
    If 25k is otd not too bad. I paid 24k in so cal.
    If 25k is not otd price I wud run away...
  • mthomasdbmthomasdb Member Posts: 15
    edited February 2011
    Boch Honda in Norwood, Massachusetts has 10 or 12 2010 CRV EX leftovers brand new, sticker price is $25,880. Only hitch: Most are black with either a black or tan interior. My son took delivery on Wed., Feb. 23rd, 2011 for $22,800. It was the best deal I found anywhere.
  • bluestar_2006bluestar_2006 Member Posts: 5
    MThomasdb -- is 22,800.00 for OTD or before taxes etc... ??
    sorry for dumb questions..
    No question is dumb if it educates the questioner! I have never included taxes in the price that I pay for a car because that is one of those unavoidable things that everyone must contend with and can vary from state to state.
  • jsctjsct Member Posts: 10
    Did you try to price an EX-L? The Exs are a popular trim, but they only have black left over...

We got similar quotes from Boch yesterday, but they are still quoting me the full $2400 differential between the EX and the EX-L. Now I have to wait to see what the new incentives are for March...
    Re EXL - Purchased a 2010 EXL from Boch last week for 24,800 - only 400 less than the differential you were quoted. There are still some 10s left at dealerships in MA that carry higher volume but color choices are becoming very limited. There is no difference between a 10 and an 11 so another option is to wait several months until the 12s come out in the fall. They are supposed to be very different with several improvements and that may create discounting on the 11s still in stock.
  • sharpshewtersharpshewter Member Posts: 7
    1.2011 CRV exl 4wd 24,700(black/black) not including handling,dealer fees and taxes
    2. Is EXL a good choice or should i go with EX and save some money. I am a proud owner of 2009 Honda civic hybrid with leather and heated seats.
    3.Also what are incentives for march. A dealer just offered me 0.9% apr for 60 months.
    4.Another dealer offered me 5% reduction on any best price meaning 23,700 for EXL 4wd :)

I am trying to combine 1 and 4 options, is this possible. What do you guys think?
    I got approved for 30k from AHFC and my credit is good 710-720 in all 3 credit companies.One dealer tried to offer me 8.6 apr, when i turned it down he said he may give me 1.9 for 60 months if i buy the car that day which i wasn't still ready for.

Help me out here.
    Does the $24,800 include their $298 doc fee? Did you have a trade-in and how far below KBB value did they hit you? Last time I bought from Boch I had to negotiate my trade in pretty hard to get the true benefit of the internet price they quoted me. They started trade-in negotiations well below kbb "fair" value for the trade. The final deal, all-in, was still better than my local dealer, but I traveled pretty far, so I was looking to save more than a few hundred dollars...

What other MA dealerships have EX CRV 10's in stock? I'd rather find one without the leather trim and still get this sort of a deal.

Thanks for the help!
    Please tell me the Dealer ship and salesman, Thanks. Whats the Interest rate?

Thanks
    I didn't price the EX-L because my son was on a limited budget and didn't need the extras that the EX-L had.
    edited March 2011
    If you plan to keep the car until it dies, then go with the 2010. Property taxes are lower because the car is considered a year old and I couldn't see any major differences between the 2011 and 2010. Why pay your city or town more money each year to garage essentially the same vehicle!
    as a mass resident i agree the state/town tax that we are hit with each year is a joke-- but I would also price the 2011's as well.
  • jimbresjimbres Member Posts: 2,025
    Valid point, but not many states outside of New England charge property tax on vehicles.
    Whats going on with the interest rates with Honda? They tell me I have a automobile score (some crap) other than actual credit score equal to 650, where as my credit bureaus tell me I have 710-720 scores(freecreditreport.com).One of the dealer gave me 6.9 % APR(current promotion from Honda is 0.9 for 60 months) even after I have a good score of 720/720/710 on experian/equifax/TU? Did this happen to any of you?
    Is 28,326 OTD price best price for an EXL 4wd? Can It go any lower than that?
    @ sharpshewter: That sounds crazy. I would look for outside financing. We did not get as far as a loan so I have no info...

Some info for others who are shopping: We decided not to pull the trigger with Boch at this point because they ran out of the colors I wanted in the 2010 CRV EX yesterday. I don't really want to buy EX in black or pay up for EX-L to get my color. Will wait for incentives on the 2011 this summer/fall when they roll out the new 2012. One year less depreciation, and the color choices should be pretty plentiful.

That being said, I still think these 2010s Boch has are a great deal for anyone who is in the market right now and likes the colors available. Our last best quotes via email , without seeing the trade-in or making any commitment to do a trade in at all, were (including destination charge):

2010 4WD EX-L: $24,631 (blue and silver available)

2010 4WD EX: $22,377 (only black available) indicated willingness to go a bit lower if it would get us in the door.

2011 4WD EX: $23,168

Add $298 doc and TTL

I think these deals are all pretty nice given that the dealer cash back is at $750 on the 2010s only and holdback is 2%.

In addition, anyone in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont can buy the car online and have it delivered to their DMV free. No need to drive to Norwood MA at all unless you have a trade. The glitch is that you have to apply online and finance through Chase (not AHFC). I don't know the details/costs/rates associated with this process.

Hope this helps someone.
    Chicago - EXL Black/Black = 28,160 + splash guards+ wheel locks + rear cargo protection cover = 28,620.Going to order market remote start and roof rack. (+ $600).Price includes taxes and all dealer fees. I also got 0.9% for 60 months.If any one needs name of salesman and dealer let me know.V happy with the deal. Thank you all or your help.This is great place.
  • hijinks233hijinks233 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2011
    2011 AWD CRV EX - Black

Roughly $23,350 OTD

Includes: scotchgard, 1 year of oil changes / routine maintenance, lifetime carwash

Also opted for 5 year interior protection where they will clean out milk stains etc and do 9 details in this time - normally wouldn't bite on this but I have two young kids

Got the .9 financing
    Did you OTD price includes tax and all dealer fess? If so, its a very good price. Almost 5000 less than EXL.
  • hijinks233hijinks233 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2011
    Actual OTD w/ tax title tags and $2300 trade is

$23,582.25 financed at .9%

5yr auto Butler, 1yr maintenance, protection package

Maybe that makes more sense compared to your EX-L?

Didn't mean to scew the numbers yesterday but we didn't finalize it until today

What do you think?
  • amwardamward Member Posts: 1
    I'm in the market to purchase a new CR-V. I'm wondering if it might make more sense to wait to purchase a 2011 CR-V until closer to the release date of the 2012 redesign. Maybe I could save more money? Or is Honda already motivated to move these vehicles off the lots in anticipation of the 2012? Or would it be worth waiting and purchasing the 2012 version?
  • thrasher1thrasher1 Member Posts: 5
    I have same question. What does anyone hear about the '12 redesign? My guess is it will be swoopier, a la the Sportage or Tucson remakes. I don't really care for that trend in CUVs, so that would push me toward an '11, hopefully at a nice price.
    The outcomes of the 12 CRV redesign - like all honda redesigns - are closely guarded and the dealers have very little to say because they are kept in the dark purposely to focus on selling the models they have in inventory.

From reading on line and looking at concept shots I would guess it will be sleeker, a bit lower, sportier on the front end. Inside, expect bluetooth on some trim levels, more comfortable seats (a common complaint from owners), another step up on the ladder to 30 MPG HW. Don't know if they will finally address the 2nd row seat full fold down option that the reviewers criticize or the excessive road noise. Can't imagine it will cost the same - likely more - as any engineering built into advances in gas mileage will need to be passed on. I'm no expert - just my opinion!

And if anyone from Honda is reading this - why not put top of the line tires on the top trim level!!!!!
  • lissacjlissacj Member Posts: 2
    I just got a quote from a dealership today. Wondering if this is reasonable or should I negotiate lower.

2011 CR-V EX 2wd (OTD plus tax) = 24,160

2011 CR-V EX 4wd (OTD plus tax)= 25,400