Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mads1mads1 Member Posts: 2
    I am planning to buy new 2011 CRV EX-L at the following prices offered by dealer in Connecticut.

Without NAVI - $29850 - Out of the door price (no freebees included)
    With NAVI - $31977 - Out of the door price (no freebees included)

I am afraid are they fair prices ? Please comment
  • mads1mads1 Member Posts: 2
    I am planning to buy new 2011 CRV EX-L at the following prices offered by dealer in Connecticut.

4WD Without NAVI - $29850 - Out of the door price (no freebees included)
    4WD With NAVI - $31977 - Out of the door price (no freebees included)

I am afraid are they fair prices ? Please comment
  • dissappointe1dissappointe1 Member Posts: 1
    I am sorry but the dealer with a slick lieing salesman (Clarksville MD) sticking me with $5000 more than later I found out other dealers were getting.

I had been suckered.
  • obrien040362obrien040362 Member Posts: 134
    It is hard to comment on out the door price, since we don't know the sales tax rate for Connecticut. What is the price before tax?
  • lucasqlucasq Member Posts: 20
    At this price you can get a FWD EX for 6% tax.
  • bryan34bryan34 Member Posts: 1
    I got a CR-V SE 4WD Out The Door Price Quote $24,500 from a dealer. is it a good price??
  • humanrighthumanright Member Posts: 2
    I am also searching CRV. What is your invoice price? I even can't get OTD for SE at 24500.
  • smartgsmartg Member Posts: 2
    I got a price quote of 28900 for EX-L w/o Navi at Columbia, MD. I think its bit pricey. Want to what will be the reasonable price to buy it. Thanks
  • homayounzhomayounz Member Posts: 1
    where did you get that price
  • newride3newride3 Member Posts: 1
    I just purchase a new 2011 crv-lx 4WD for an OTD of $25450, I was only able to get bargain for $50 dollars off the original OTD price of $25500. The $25450 price also included the $1250 for the after market leather seat installation, I wonder if this is a good price to pay for the CRV-LX 4WD after all the calling, email exchange and dealer visits that I went through for the last two weeks.
    Sale price $23484( include leather seat option, freight fee) + dealer processing fee $200 (was $100 before 7/1/2011) + $320 title fee + 6% tax of $1421 = $25450

Another thing is that I feel that my new car is not blowing out much cold air when i turn the AC on, even though I had the max/ac on too. the ac air just doesnt feel cold to me when I put my hand on it. i'm going to try my cousin's 2011 crv-exl tomorrow to see if this is the same for his car.

I bought my car in Laurel, MD
  • smartgsmartg Member Posts: 2
    I bought CRV EXL AWD w/navi Price is 29200 ( 28200+ 810 destination+ 399 apperance package) included presidential club 400 worth and after market appearence package. ( mud guards, strip and wheel locks). I also got extended warranty and gap which added 1100. I think warranty is not that worthy. OTD id 33200 with taxes 6%, processing fee 200 and tags.

I am not sure whether its a good deal?? I drove it work today and its very noisy on road
  • rowena1rowena1 Member Posts: 2
    I just bought an EX-L 4WD in Denver yesterday. Here's my deal:

Base vehicle price: $26,984
    Dealer handling: $499
    Tax (7.4%): $2061

OTD Price: $29,544
  • rowena1rowena1 Member Posts: 2
    That's too high. See my post #10483. I got mine for $26,984 before handling and tax.
  • motivation1006motivation1006 Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2011
    That's a deal bro actually a steal......you wouldnt got that from me
    edited July 2011
    Msrp is 100 high then the normal one but it depend on cost of living and true value of the car they could add things to the car that might be nothing to you but something to the dealership
    Honda is not going to give you invoice so stop looking for it. There is a Honda inventory shortage so dealers ain't giving anything for free and invoice is free bro.
    You got beat from the words of a salesman
  • niteflite888niteflite888 Member Posts: 30
    is that paying MD or VA sales tax?

2wd or 4wd?
  • jugnujugnu Member Posts: 6
    Hey,

I am in georgia and want to buy the CRV-LX AWD. The 20,847.00 OTD you paid sounds really good. How much did you offer to the dealer and what state did you buy your crv in?

Appreciate your help..
    Alos if you name the honda delearship name that would be awesome.
    Hey,

Can you tell me what delaeship did you buy the CRV? I like your 24k OTD price.
    Hey,

I want to buy CRV LX AWD. I live in Atlanta. Has anyone bought it from this area. Any model LX, SE, EX or EX-L purchase would give me some rough idea on how much I should pay. Please tell me the total OTD price.

Appreciate your help.
    Hey,

Can you tell me what's the price you offer before tax? I like this deal and will plan on buying it.
  • danielldaniell Member Posts: 128
    edited July 2011
    Hi All,

I purchased yesterday a CRV SE 4WD for $21,800 including destination fee. Here is the price breakdown:

Vehicle + destination fee = $21,800
    Some documentary fee $250, taxable, all dealers around charge that.
    Sales tax 6.5%
    Some county fee $33.80
    OTD: ($21,800 + $250)*1.065 +$33.80 = $23,517.05

How did I do?

I tried a bunch of vehicles: Pilot, Highlander, Mazda5 (these 6-8 seaters for wife), and Camry SE V6, Accord EX-L V6, Accord SE, Altima 2.5 (for me). Tried the CRV while I was at the Honda dealer for the Accords. The CRV seemed an excellent compromise of handling, roominess, and mileage. Wife will have to do with 5 seats :)
  • georgiatwogeorgiatwo Member Posts: 5
    Hi, I am interested in buying a new 2011 Honda CR-V (Basic model) as I am looking for the best price. I feel confident in the overal performance and safety of the CRV and want to buy one very soon. I live in Georgia but am only 30 minutes from Tennessee and Alabama. Anyone have any idea of that the invoice price is? I have saved cash for my purchase and no trade in so I would like the best deal possible. I would rather have a good price than extras or accessories. The best price I have received so far is $21,600 and I wanted to hear opinions before buying. I wouldnt even mind buying a used one with less than 30K miles but they are priced almost the same as the new ones. (sometimes more!) If anyone knows of a dealer that is within 150 miles of Chattanooga, TN either direction, I would be willing to drive for the deal.
  • georgiatwogeorgiatwo Member Posts: 5
    Where did you find such a good deal? city/state, dealer?
  • patrecepatrece Member Posts: 7
    Based on the 5 star rating for the CRV crash testing, I bought a new 2010 CRV just about one year to date for my teen daughter. Best decision I ever made! Last night someone crossed a double yellow and drove right in front of my daughter's CRV. The air bags deployed, front end is a disaster and most likely cannot be repaired. I thank God she was not injured or killed. My thanks to Honda for a well built car that more than likely save my daughter's life.
  • elixsorelixsor Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2011
    I am looking to purchase a 2011 Honda CRV EX-L 4WD without the Nav.
    I am trading in a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited edition with 156k miles.
    I will be asking for the roof racks and all weather package to be included.
    I will be paying cash.

I got to 29k plus the trade out the door price including tax and license.

I was hoping to see if anyone had an opinion on if this would be a good price for this model.

Thanks for any help!
  • qmda76qmda76 Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2011
    I bought a 2008 EX-L last night with everything except NAV, including roof racks (which my current one has, and I've never used) & a tow hitch (which is hilarious, what are you going to tow with a 4-banger?). It has 28,400 miles on it. I ended up paying $20,750 after my trade in of my 2000 CR-V EX with 169,000 miles. Probably not the greatest deal, but I've had such good luck with my 2000, and I keep my cars for 7+ years, so I'm okay with the deal. :shades:
  • tjw7tjw7 Member Posts: 25
    i am looking to lease a honda cr-v 4wd ex. what have been some of the prices and or lease deal
  • apbangiapbangi Member Posts: 17
    I bought my 2011 CR-V EX 2WD from Autopark Honda in Cary, North Carolina.
  • cathyducathydu Member Posts: 1
    Hey I saw the post about the new honda cr-v se you had just bought. I live in mid- michigan and the price here is about 24,500 otd.? I am thinking buying one for my teenager son and from what you posted, it seems like a great deal to buy in OH instead. If I may ask, can you tell me where did you purchase the vehicle Thank you!
  • the_dude67the_dude67 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2011
    Just got a price for a 2011 ex-l AWD w/o nav. here in raleigh nc, for 26,755 + tax & tags.
    I think its a good price, but was wondering if it would be better to wait a few months due to the new 2012 re design coming out. Any thoughts on that?
  • danielldaniell Member Posts: 128
    Hi cathydu, I bought it from Honda East in Cincinnati.
  • munish23munish23 Member Posts: 1
    I am trying to buy a CR-V LX in Seattle area, but it seems like most of the dealers are just going couple of hundred below MSRP. Is that good enough or better can be done somehow?

Thanks.
  • eric1533eric1533 Member Posts: 1
    Same here in Chicago area. The best quote I get is $500 above the invoice price for a AWD SE or EX. I saw some people got $500 under invoice. Sometimes here the dealers don't even have a CRV for me to test drive. Very frustrated.
  • gprokgprok Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    Shopping for a 2011 CR-V (Maryland) and immediately every sales reps tell me within the 1st few minutes that inventory is critically low due to the Tsunami disaster and I should consider buying that weekend.

Since most US owned CR-Vs are made in Ohio or Mexico and Honda has released several statements saying inventory will be ok in the US; at least on the CR-V, the Civic is another story.

So I'm not sure if I'm buying the shortage BS. The inventory issue might be self imposed by struggling dealers looking to reduce costs but that's their problem. I'll still go with whom ever is sticking close to invoice.
  • lildukelilduke Member Posts: 16
    Has anyone had luck with pricing on an EX-L with Navigation? I'm in the Chicago burbs and first the dealership said $31,799 with destination then said he would do $30K. I just got a quote from another dealer for $29K and change plus possibly destination (confirming). They only had black/black color combo on the lot which is out for me (my 08 CR-V chipped like crazy with the thin paint so I really don't want a dark color). I walked, but it was also because they were not so great with my acura trade in.

Does this pricing sound about right? I am seeing invoice for these at two price points- $27,985 and $28,795. Not sure what the difference is? Has anyone gotten below $30K with destination?

2014 Accord Touring

• junobearjunobear Member Posts: 22
    Your post gets my attention for 2 reasons:

1. I'm now looking for an EX-L w NAV (because I really want the rear camera). I am just now starting the process of getting the car.

2. I used to live in the Chicago burbs til 5 years ago, and I'm curious to know which dealerships you're talking to. I definitely can share my own experiences (good and not so good) if you'd like.
  • junobearjunobear Member Posts: 22
    To your question on the differing prices: remember that the EX-L w NAV comes both as 2WD and AWD, the later being more expensive. Double check which vehicle the dealers are talking about.
  • fifa2011fifa2011 Member Posts: 2
    I got offered 2011 CRV 2WD SE, OTD $24450 in California with 7.75% tax... is that a good/reasonable deal?
  • bucky2115bucky2115 Member Posts: 7
    I purchased a 2010 crv exl with nav, leather, etc for 25000 plus tax and fees. had 9500 miles on it. Question is: I bought the bumper to bumper for 1250 (warranty soulutions) - can go to any mechanic and no deductible. It's good for 6 more years and 90k miles. Finance guy said they make 25 bucks on deal. My mechanic says won't need it. Rip off? Also what is this bs "theft deterent" device charge of 100? He said it was something that is etched on glass and all customers buy it. Bought this in LA county. It's a nice car but I paid too much - almost 29k out the door with the warrenties.
  • drr98drr98 Member Posts: 80
    We live in the Sac area of N. Cali. We paid $21,316 on Monday at Manly Honda in Santa Rosa. The closest local dealers could come was $22,550. Well worth driving 100 miles.

Thanks Manly Honda and Truecar.com

Great time for the sales tax to drop 1% also.
    what was it out the door?
  • crvdude1crvdude1 Member Posts: 47
    Never buy new car extended warranty from the dealers. There are genuine Honda dealers sell for less if you call them. I got mine from one in Ohio with the price below. This is 'Honda Care', the genuine Honda provided warranty program. But you are buying an used CRV, so it might not work.

6yr/80m $725
    7yr/80m $775
    8yr/100m $1,045

CRV has already a security system installed. No need to spend more.
    Plus usually OTD cost for a brand new 4WD/EXL w/ Navi is 30k.
    Mine is 2WD. The warrenty is 1225 for 8/100k. I feel that it is too late to renegoiate that one. Anyway I wonder if I even need it? I've got 100k on my Camry and would never have used it.

But the 100 security is a rip. I think I'll try to get that back.

I think I was affected by the amount of crv's that we missed. They seem to be selling pretty well is Southern CA.

I appreciate your info. I have never bought a car from a dealer before. BTW the private parties in LA are even worse - affected by the supposed lack of inventory. It's tough when you're shopping for such a popular car. It takes patience to get a killer deal
  • crvdude1crvdude1 Member Posts: 47
    edited August 2011
    Try Community Honda or Planet Honda. I got a quote for 30k OTD for 4WD w/ Navi.
    Crvdude, Is that in the Denver area? So that I'm comparing apples to apples, are you saying that you're getting a new 2011 with 4wd, navi and leather for less than 28K? That sounds like a great deal. Also, as far as warranties, you're not adding to the 3 year 36k, correct (not that there would be any reason to)?
  • lildukelilduke Member Posts: 16
    This was the 4WD - I know the difference in pricing.

I got a purchase quote for $28475 with destination on the EXL Navi 4WD from Honda on Grand. No one at the time could get the color combo I wanted, nor did they have any for me to test drive. All wanted a deposit to order colors I was not interested in and still had nothing for me to test drive. All the others - Schaumburg, O'Hare, Lisle and Elgin were much higher and more interested in playing games. Sad since I purchased two other Hondas (very good deals) from Schaumburg in the past.

I get that the CR-V's sell like hotcakes, but too much garbage and hardball is going to send a buyer walking regardless. They want to make money and I don't want to waste my time and over spend. Grand was the most straightforward and the least amount of hassle.

Since I had a CR-V before (2008) and had lots of trouble, including the horrid OEM tires on top of the run around looking this time for another CR-V, I decided to go a different direction (Acura). Much happier with my experience and vehicle.

2014 Accord Touring

• jky1jky1 Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know what the out the door price for honda crv ex-l without navi is in NY?
    NYC to be more exact.