Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jmsnycjmsnyc Member Posts: 20
    $36 months... $1500-$1700 down in NY. $399/mo

Is that too high?
  • tjw7tjw7 Member Posts: 25
    jmsync, yes too too expensive. check out truecar
  • drr98drr98 Member Posts: 80
    What Acura did you buy?
  • appa531appa531 Member Posts: 10
    I emailed Valley Honda yesterday and I got a price quote of $27179 (w/Dest fees) on 2011 CR-V EX-L w/Leather and Navi 2 WD.
  • bbb99bbb99 Member Posts: 58
    The dealership said they can only give me msrp on a 2011 cr-v 2wd lx. Should I keep looking around to other dealerships?
  • bucky2115bucky2115 Member Posts: 7
    No unfortunatly I'm not looking. That is a great price and I would have loved to come up to your beautiful area and drive it back to LA. Best of luck to you. I know what you mean about the CRV being kind of small. We'll see how it works out.
  • julieband3julieband3 Member Posts: 1
    Darn! Yes, its a beautiful car, is literally everything we hoped it would be when we shopped for it, but.... too small for 3 kids AND a loaded down vehicle with gear. Other than that, you cannot beat the awd capability and gas mpg!
  • fogarty22fogarty22 Member Posts: 21
    I am looking into buying either an 09 or 10 CR-V. The TMV ranges from high 17k to 26k, and local sale prices range from 17k to 20k for the base model.

I am paying in cash, so all I care about is the bottom line price. What should I expect to pay, assuming the car has between 20k and 40k miles on it? And what would be a good price? I've read that cash isn't that enticing for a dealer, but I still feel like paying the entire thing up front should be good for a lower price.
  • john628john628 Member Posts: 2
    I was quoted $27190 over the phone from a local Long Island dealer I am hoping to go there tonite for a better deal
  • jky1jky1 Member Posts: 2
    Does it include destination fee?
  • tlcintxtlcintx Member Posts: 6
    We just drove our new '11 CRV EX-L 2WD (no Navi) yesterday :)

Price: 24,290 + destination, $810 = $25,100

We compromised on our trade-in and accepted $500 less than what we wanted in exchange for over $600 in adds we wanted, which was a win-win for both of us I guess.

We went through the internet sales department of Sterling McCall Honda in Kingwood, TX (Carla was very helpful). It was 45 minutes further than the closest dealership to us - but, this dealership was our top pick out of 7 in the area because they accepted our offer without haggling, returned calls promptly, and drove almost 200 miles in the rains of Tropical Storm Lee to pick up the model & color of our choice from another dealership for us. This supports the low-inventory claims made....and probably explains why we didn't get as many calls back from people on our offer. Maybe they just don't have much to sell. Either way - we got what we wanted and are happy with our new CRV (our 7th Honda).
  • itntitnt Member Posts: 2
    First time buyer here, I got an offer for CR-V SE 4WD for $23,237 in WA, around Seattle area. I'd like to know if it's a good price?

Thanks in advance for any help,
  • njcrv2011njcrv2011 Member Posts: 7
    Is this a good deal??

2011 CR-V EX-L w/NAV

$0 down

$1700.00 Taxes and doc fees first payment $350.

$350.00 a month before taxes = $375 w/tax NJ

36mo./12k per year

Free oil changes for 3 years.

Comes to about $138 for every $10000 which is under the $150 for every $10000 calculation.

Good deal???? TIA!!!
  • eenglish99eenglish99 Member Posts: 28
    I had been a loyal Toyota owner (5 cars/truck/SUV) but have had recent problems with my 2002 Highlander that I had babied so figured I would give Honda a try.
    I just bought a 2011 CR-V AWD EX for $23,694 + $298 Documentation fee. I wanted a 2WD because I will not be driving much in snow but there were none available in the Northeast in the colors I found acceptable (without yellow interiors which I consider suicide with 2 grandson boys). I got Urban Titanium Metallic with black interior.
    The initial price was $23,992 but I talked them into dropping the Documentation fee which is on the form so they just lowered the price by $298 to $23,694. This is below both the Factory Invoice and the Dealer Cost.
    I used truecar.com which is an incredible tool where you just punch in the car you want and you get pointed to several no-negotiation very low priced dealers in your area. Keep checking because the prices can change quite a bit. I ended up buying when the price dropped an additional $1,000 from the already low prices.
    The dealer I ended up with was Lundgren in Auburn MA which has additional benefits where you get a free extension to the drivetrain warranty to 7yr/100K miles as well as other dealer perks including several free no-paint dent pop-outs, service loaners, etc. the dealer had very good reviews.
    Since I will not be driving a lot I passed on the extended warranty but after shopping around the best price I found for a true Honda Care warranty was online at Saccucci Honda, which also had good reviews. The one I was considering was 8yr/100K/$0 deductible for $935. 8yr/120K/$0 deductible is $1,070.
    I hope my switch to Honda was a good decision. Happy shopping.
  • aribannaribann Member Posts: 16
    Found this most handy
    http://members.cox.net/ranchopedro/
    When coupled with TrueCar data, you will be quite empowered
  • rrich49132rrich49132 Member Posts: 25
    I just got a random promo email from a local Honda dealer that all 2011's have to go. I wonder how well they are being priced to move? Anyone know when the 2012's come out and what do you expect an EX 4x4 to go for?
  • atlbravesatlbraves Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2011
    I have received following offer - best quote so far for 2011 Honda CRV FWD LX model:
    20609 (destination\Regional Adv fees included) + 489 dealer fees + TAG + TAX .

I'm hoping i may be able to reduce dealer fees somewhat when i personally visit them, but this is the best quote so far via email\phone follow up. How does this look? Any other tips? I'm in new car market for the first time, and would appreciate any help i can get.
  • richantonrichanton Member Posts: 1
    I just got an SE. I paid $60 more than you, but I got the 0.9% 60 month financing.
    .9 for 60 months wow.

What was your OTD price for the SE 4x4?
  • itntitnt Member Posts: 2
    Woah, that's nice, mind if I ask you where you got it from?
  • pilot25pilot25 Member Posts: 24
    A dealer is giving me a quote of 22,800 plus tax, DMV. He says that price includes destination. Does this sound like a good deal in the NYC area?
  • djintdjint Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2011
    Any one have any idea how much OTD for the 2011 CRV EX 2WD in Northern California?
    I am looking to get one very soon.
    This is the quote I just got from Criswell:

2011 Honda CRV 2WD LX ONLY $19,995
    2011 Honda CRV 2WD SE ONLY $20,679
    2011 Honda CRV 2WD EX ONLY $21,964
    2011 Honda CRV 2WD EXL ONLY $24,621
    2011 Honda CRV 2WD EXL w/navi ONLY $26,475
    2011 Honda CRV 4WD LX ONLY $21,189
    2011 Honda CRV 4WD SE ONLY $22,088
    2011 Honda CRV 4WD EX ONLY $23,322
    2011 Honda CRV 4WD EXL ONLY $25,680

Take an additional $300 off this and pay a $200 processing fee, freight, taxes and tags. Trying to figure out what freight is on these? I know destination and handling is $810 per the Honda website which I assume is the same thing? If so the EX 4x4 I want would be $24,723 OTD given that I live in VA and have a 3% tax. Does this look good? Still on the fence to wait to see what the 2012's look like and can only assume when they come out these prices will drop more?
  • lakersfan_1lakersfan_1 Member Posts: 1
    I've been getting quotes for the EX-L with Navi and the lowest I can get so far is the TrueCar price of $27,124, which is $800 below invoice, and a couple of others at $500 below. Most dealers are telling me that I'm crazy for not taking that deal - they're all quoting me in the $28k range and won't budge.

I figured with the 2012s coming in soon that I could get them down to the $26500 range, but I'm getting a little discouraged. There also don't seem to be a heck of a lot of EX-Ls with navi out there, so I'm not sure if I'm pushing my luck or not. Any thoughts?

I'm in the Los Angeles area, btw.
    I am going to hold out for the 2012 as it is redesigned. I think once these come out you will be able to deal much more on the 2011 if you choose.
  • tyokalujatyokaluja Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2011
    Just picked up a 2011 CRV EXL with Navigation (includes tag,tax,fees and all the toys, leather, moonroof, CD Changer, Bluetooth Voice Command etc etc etc) for 29000 OTD in S.Florida

Sales tax 7% was included in the OTD price.

Hope that was the best deal to be had out there....if anyone has any other tips on prices-please post, need to purchase one more 2011/2012 CRV EXL before year-end.
  • tyokalujatyokaluja Member Posts: 4
    fogarty wrote:
    >What should I expect to pay, assuming the car has between 20k and 40k miles on it? And what would be a good price?

For a 2009 with 20k-24k in mileage, about 17000 cash is a good buy. Inspect all fluids, examine under the hood, crawl under the car, examine the tires and drive on streets with no other traffic, listen for any sounds the car makes. Put the car in reverse, drive, put in drive, drive, again listen to any sounds.

Craigslist is a great place to buy Honda's (have bought and sold a few cars and all have been easy transactions, no regrets)
  • rialiriali Member Posts: 7
    There seems to be shortage of CRV's in North CA , emailed couple of dealers and all quotes are above 22K + taxes. Anyone got better quotes in CA ??
    I just bought a new AWD CR-V EX. When the vehicle was delivered I noticed that the rear brake rotors were very rusty. One was worse than the other and appeared to be gouged. The other was better but the rotor was not clean over the full surface of the brake pad. Part was not touching. The fronts were clean, as expected. I'm aware that it is normal that the rotors would be rusty when the vehicle sits around for a while especially in moist conditions. However I expected that the 40 mile drive home would have cleaned up the rear brakes. I drove an additional 60 miles while consciously applying the brakes more than I normally do. This did not help.
    I brought it back to the dealer and they put on new rotors which seem to be working as expected.
    I checking to see if others have run into this issue or whether mine was an isolated "Monday morning" brake assembly issue.
    I am especially concerned because I have just retired and the CR-V will be sitting for several months in the garage while I'm in Florida and wonder whether this will occur again.
  • gskrna2009gskrna2009 Member Posts: 1
    I am in MA, i got an offer with trade in.
    my car is 2002 CRV EX with 76000 miles. car is in good condition, a dent in the rear.
    Before TTL, 26,000 for the new.
    8,000 for the old.

Sounds reasonable?
    truecar.com has AWD CR-V EX at $23,937 in Mass. I recently paid $23,992 including $298 documentation fee in Mass for an AWD EX. I would check truecar.com before going to a dealer. No negotiation best price.
  • bluecherry76bluecherry76 Member Posts: 2
    i got the quote for crv 2011 LX FWD for $21,494. Out of the door will be $23,662 (including tax+dmv fee and doc fee)
  • lokster27lokster27 Member Posts: 1
    In So Cal, our price quotes on the LX have been just over 20K (including destination charge but not taxes, etc).
  • theyhatemetheyhateme Member Posts: 10
    Where are you getting 20K? I'm in SoCal, and I'm getting 21K.
  • bluecherry76bluecherry76 Member Posts: 2
    I got my CRV 2011 FWD LX today for $22,900 out of the door.
  • bmlk1bmlk1 Member Posts: 4
    I got a quote for 23000 OTD for 2011 Drv 2wd SE in San Jose, is this a good deal for me to take on?
    Just finally pulled the trigger and bought a 2011 SE 4x4 for $23400 OTD. VA has just a 3% sales tax by the way. Good luck everyone. I did not get the exact color I wanted but was OK with that as the price was only valid on cars on their lot. See you all in 10 years as hold on to my cars.
  • djintdjint Member Posts: 4
    That was a great price. Could you please let me know which dealer ?
    Browns Honda which is in Arlington, VA:

http://www.arlingtonhonda.com/index.htm

I could of got this price from a number of dealers in the area last night. It was basically who had the right color on their lot as I needed to take the car home last night. The inventory is starting to slow down and they don't like selling the cars for this price as the sales manager basically told me they took a loss on it. Ya right.

Once you get an online quote in an email you can take to any local dealer and they will match or beat by $100 which is what I did. Good luck.

I looked at carmax and they sell used 2011's for more than this. Weird?
  • yejiyeji Member Posts: 4
    Hi All,

I got an on the road price $27505 for 2011 CRV, EX-L, w/out navi in MD.
    Is this a great deal?

Thanks for your time.
  • bigcityladybigcitylady Member Posts: 2
    I just paid $26240 for my 2011 CR-V EXL. Good luck, maybe you can get them a bit lower?
    Hi bigcitylady,

You got a great deal. Could you please send me the dealer name and salesman? Thank you.

Best,
    yeji
  • bigcityladybigcitylady Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2011
    Hi Yeji-

Sorry I might have given you incorrect info. My price was not on road, it was before sales tax. I wasn't sure of on road definition before looking it up so perhaps you have a great deal right there. Maybe someone else can help?
  • acepsu94acepsu94 Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2011
    I just got mine 4 days ago, 2011 4WD EX-L for $25,942 OTD (plus tax & tags), then I had the dealer install $1039 worth of accessories (side step & fog lights). They had to get the color I wanted from another dealer. The dealer said they were not making any money on my deal (yeah right!). I offered another dealer $26,762 but they came back with the above price (plus tax and tags, no dealer processing fee). So I use the email I got to get the price from Apple Honda here in York, PA.
    OMG.............You got a really GREAT deal. Thank you for your useful information.
  • khmarylandkhmaryland Member Posts: 1
    $27,576. Plug tax and tags.

No advertising fee, no crap. Good score for a EX-L navi brand new.
  • scholes18scholes18 Member Posts: 1
    I emailed the dealer and they are asking for a buyer's order along and then will match this price..
    What is a buyer's order?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
    They want you to prove that someone else got that same deal.

Why? Because, they know that's virtually impossible, unless it was a family member.. who else would give you their personal information?

They know what deal they are able to make. Tell them that's the deal you want, or you go somewhere else. Of course, you have to be willing to do that...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• gyanigyani Member Posts: 2
    Congratulations. Hope you are enjoying your purchase.
    I live in PA too. Can you please tell me the dealer name. I would like to buy 2011 EX-L
  • sunvensunven Member Posts: 5
    Hi Yeji,
    Will you please let me know if the CRV you bought was 2WD or AWD and the dealer's name? Is the price out the door price? Thanks a lot.