Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sunvensunven Member Posts: 5
    Hi Yeji,
    Will you please let me know if the CRV you bought was 2WD or AWD and the dealer's name? Is the price out the door price? Thanks a lot.
  • macgandalfmacgandalf Member Posts: 25
    Hi,

I have 2 quotes for:
    EX - 22K + t&l (in LA) for 25K OTD. Is this an okay figure?
    EX - L fully loaded with nav + rear cam + bluetooth for 27+ + t&l (in LA) for 29.7K OTD. Is this a better deal?
    Thanx for your input (soon please as I need to close out the book before year's end)
  • theyhatemetheyhateme Member Posts: 10
    EX is a great price at 22K. The EX-L could be $500 less. I'd wait til December for the prices to drop a couple hundred.

Just curious as to why the TTL is more on the EX than the EX-L?

Also, can you please name the dealership and whether you got an internet quote? I'm from LA and I'd like to get in on this. And what is meant by "close out the book"? Thanks.
  • sunvensunven Member Posts: 5
    Hi khmaryland,

Is this price ($27576) for a AWD or 2WD? Thanks a lot.
  • bucky2115bucky2115 Member Posts: 7
    I think that's an ok deal. But if you're willing to get one with a few miles on it, you can save a couple g. I wish I'd looked around more for a used one with 30 k on it. BUt that's me, you might want new.
    Hi,
    Sorry about the typo. It should have been 24K OTD for the EX.
    I am trying to negotiate for 29K OTD for the EX-L with nav.
    Scott Robinson Honda is the dealer but you'll get at least 3 using truecar and punch in your zip code. I've tried various offering scheme, but $500 under what true car price seemed to work more than half of the time as a final target price.
    "Close out the the book" for me - deductible and what not for 2011 tax purposes.
    Good luck.
    Hi,
    Thanx for your suggestion.
    If I could ask, where would I start.
    I did try carmax, and actually walk around a dealership with both new and used cars. The prices that they quote are ridiculous (IMHO) - about 2K below new car pricing for 30 - 50K mileage. I was afraid to even venture a number with the sales person!!!
  • godeacsgodeacs Member Posts: 481
    OTD includes tax, tags, fee, etc...
  • drr98drr98 Member Posts: 80
    Don't know if you are still looking. We paid $21,316 plus tax & lic. in mid August at Manly Honda in Santa Rosa. The closest local dealers could come was $22,550.

I do not remember otd price but you can do the math. No haggle deal, in any color. They are proud to boast that they are the first N. American dealer. And thru volumne are able to keep prices low.
  • bucky2115bucky2115 Member Posts: 7
    With our 2010 with 9k we did better than carmax. But it seems like people here are doing better than we did. The truth is that we didn't look for cars with 30 or 40 k but I'm just saying that I would have been open to it. As it is, we have an almost new car that we might have been able to get for 2k less. And the best part is, that it's behind us. Good luck. If you take your time, you'll get a good deal for sure especially if you ok with buying from a private party.
  • motown2motown2 Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

I am looking for Honda CRV LX . I did try autotrader and carmaxbut couldn't find decent CRV at affordable price. Used CRV costs as just 1-2K lower than new one.

I got quote of 21409 + TTL through truecar . Is this good price?

Thanks
    Try some other dealerships, my friend. At this point of the year, I wouldn't pay anything above 19.5K for a good price (assuming it's a 2WD).

Why did they offer you ~$1500 over truecar value?

Stick with the new rather than used. Let me know how your search goes because I'm also in the market.
    Truecar is giving me 21409 and 20700. However when I go for price certificate, I am getting only 21409 from all dealers. I am looking for 2WD LX model only.
  • peterp96apeterp96a Member Posts: 4
    Last night drove home 21500.00 OTD for 2wd LX with .9% finance for 36 months.
  • asco2jasco2j Member Posts: 1
    That's a great price. where are you located?
  • peterp96apeterp96a Member Posts: 4
    I bough it from Rusty Wallis Honda, Dallas, TX
    I didn't realize they were going for that much in other states. Truecar is giving me 19909 and I'm in the Los Angeles area where everthing is overpriced (ie. gas, houses). I believe it's because the LA area has more inventory. Most dealerships have at least 20 CRVs and some even have 60+.

I noticed the Truecar price from mid-October to mid-November went down from $20.3K to $19.9K. Try waiting until December and make mention that the 2011's will now be the old design with the new 2012's coming.
  • hjusmlehjusmle Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I am looking for a Honda CRV LX 4WD in the chicago area.

My quote for a few local dealer is around 22000-23000 (destination fee NOT included).

Any good price quote to share? What is a reasonable price for the 2011 version now that the 2012 version is coming out soon?

Many thanks.
  • alanshoualanshou Member Posts: 1
    I am in Detroit area, got a quota from one dealer
    OTD $22,890.00 plus plate fee.
    Is this good? What is plate fee? I thought OTD includes everything.

Thanks
  • AbadabaAbadaba Member Posts: 9
    edited November 2011
    New York City Got a quote for 21500. 3000 down + plates ( $210?)

things i took into consideration when shopping.. its the end of the month/year and they are looking to move cars to meet month-end & Year-End quotas. just pencil down a price you are willing to pay and stick with it til they accept or walk out the door after thanking them for their time. My ONLY offer was 20500 and i knew there was no way i was getting it. the flexibility from them was in my favor. Good Luck!
  • leo808leo808 Member Posts: 1
    Hello everyone,

I got an OTD price for 2011 CRV LX 2wd $21900 (Tennessee). Is it a deal?
  • mjmcduckmjmcduck Member Posts: 1
    Am considering buying a 2011 CR-V EX AWD True Car price is 24,583.00 Is this a decent price and any thoughts on waiting for the 2012s to come out in 2-3 weeks?

Has anyone had any experience with the Saccucci Honda Honda care warranty? They are quoting 8 yr/120,000 miles for approx 1,100.00/ Local dealer is asking 1,800.00 for 7 yr/100,000 miles.
  • brooklynbuyerbrooklynbuyer Member Posts: 1
    Bsbuyer - great job. Can I ask what dealer gave you that quote? I may be looking to buy before the 2012's are out.

Also, did you have any preferences for color, etc? This is the first time my wife and I are buying a new car. It looks like the CRVs are selling below invoice because of the redesign. Is there some other hidden rebate, or are dealers just making room.

Thanks!
  • samcosamco Member Posts: 20
    i got this from a dealer as a promise. he mentioned the 2011 comparable model (2011 CR-V AWD EX-L with Navi) invoice was at: $28,795

is that correct? for 2012 invoice + $200 a good price?

Also where can I get the invoice price ? (when they are available for 2012 by Dec 15th?)
    Hi,

I am also looking for lx 4 wd in metro detroit. could you please tell me name of dealer who quoted you that price?
  • herko2225herko2225 Member Posts: 6
    Best deal I found is on truecar.com. For those looking at 2011 CRV EX-L, truecar.com shows a Honda Dealer in Loma Linda, California willing to discount about $3.5k from window sticker at $24149. Just plug in your zip code as 92354 when doing the search. Seems unreal considering the San Diego & Orange County best prices are $2.1k below sticker. Although iit may not be considered a local competitor being 1 county away, it's at least a good starting point for negotations.
  • rams5rams5 Member Posts: 1
    Drove 2011 CR-V EX AWD to home at OTD price of $24200 in Washington DC area. Is it a deal?
  • kinneri1kinneri1 Member Posts: 1
    was this for a 2011 or a 2012 model? i am intereted in a 2012 model year and would love to cut a deal at 200 over invoice. can you shre the name of your dealer
    I have a verbal promise from a dealer for $29,300 (includes destination) + doc fee + tax + plates

Is it a good deal?
    That is a great price.
    I was hunting for a 2011 CR-V EX-L with nav and only 2WD for 29K OTD in So Cal.
    Where are you at?
    Gurnee IL
  • rojmarojma Member Posts: 9
    Honda finally has the website up for the 2012 Honda CRV. Looks like MSRP for EX-L is $28,295. I've been fishing around and it seems that the best price I have been offered in the Charlotte, NC area is $27,795, only $500 off MSRP. Not much of a deal. It would be interesting to see what invoice price is. We'll need to wait until someone like Edmunds or TrueCar posts the invoice prices.
  • y_fishy_fish Member Posts: 3
    Ye,,,finally,,,,,My heart is being torn in two different directions... I don't know whether I should wait for some discounts of the 2012 CRV or buy the 2011 CRV this time....
    I've got the lowest OTD price of 2011 CRV EX 2.0 2WD for about $23790~
    And I asked some dealer before today, they said that there is no discount for the new style now, the OTD price of 2011 CRV EX would be $27300 around...
    I feel like to wait for the new one now....but don't know how long will I wait...
  • auspexianauspexian Member Posts: 2
    2011 LX, no options, I just got a quote for $19500 with destination yesterday, as I was looking at 2012 LX. Don't know if it worth MSRP for 2012 LX or not?

J.
  • godeacsgodeacs Member Posts: 481
    A verbal promise? Better get it in writing...... :)
  • ziffiesziffies Member Posts: 11
    We got a quote of $24,425.53 OTD (except a license plate tag transfer fee about $8).
    The quote is for 2011 CR-V EX.

Is this a good deal? If not, how much lower should I haggle?

Thank you for any advise!
  • bsnyder2000bsnyder2000 Member Posts: 3
    Hi all. I just bought a 2012 2WD EX-L w/o navi and no dealer-added options at Dick Brooks Honda in Greer, SC. MSRP was $27855 with destination charge. Their first offer was $1,043 below MSRP, and I asked for an additional $500 which was given immediately. So, total before taxes was $26,302, and we were the first at that dealership to take delivery. Strangely, I almost felt like I could have asked for more and would have gotten it. Trade-in offer was right in line if not above Kelly Blue Book, and financing through a national bank was 2.25%, so no shell game. Anyway, pretty good sales experience, but if anybody gets a firm figure on invoice for the 2WD EX-L I'd love to hear it so I can feel like I got a decent deal.
    edited December 2011
    We got a quote of $24,425.53 OTD (except a license plate tag transfer fee about $8). The quote is for 2011 CR-V EX.

Oops forgot to mention this is for South Florida. Sorry newbie duh!
  • mdsivmdsiv Member Posts: 1
    Anybody got good quote or bought this car recently in Maryland? Need a price quote as advice. Thanks.
  • mjedmundmjedmund Member Posts: 4
    Hello,

I just locked this deal down:
    2012 CRV EX-L AWD with no other options. According to honda MSRP+destionation = $29,105. My price including destination is $27,500. If i'm correct the invoice is like $27,126.

How is this deal? Am I overpaying? I could wait it out and get it below invoice but this car just came out. Let me know.
    We just got additional quotes today. We live in South Florida (Palm Beach County).

2011 EX - 22,235 (including destination charges and handling from MFR)
    2012 EX - 24,705 (including destination charges and handling from MFR)

Are these good deals? Still contemplating on which one to get. Love the 2012 but on these quotes, it's almost $2500 difference.

Any feedback is appreciate.

Thanks.
  • dem319dem319 Member Posts: 3
    Looking at CRVs in NYC Area. Just got a quote of $23,990 including destination for EX 4WD...is this good?
  • dem319dem319 Member Posts: 3
    I don't know about the 2012 price, but the 2011 price for the EX seems like a very good deal...I got a quote for $23,990 but I live in NYC area....
  • a13xmya13xmy Member Posts: 2
    I just got my 2012 2WD EX-L w/o navi also with no dealer options for 26,500. It was a really hard push down because other dealers in the SF Bay Area wanted above MSRP which was unacceptable.
    this is a good deal. the best i got was $29.3K for 2012 exl awd with navi (incl dest.) in midwest

the invoice is 28517
  • cin28cin28 Member Posts: 7
    That seems great.The best I got was 28510.Most are offering MSRP price .Where are you located.I am in the Lancaster Pa area.I am willing to go a bit of a distance to save.
  • rajs1rajs1 Member Posts: 4
    Hi,
    I am also looking for a good deal in NYC.
    Can you please share your experience. Where did you get the best price..?
    I am looking for 2012 AWD CRV EX or EXL without Navigation.

Thanks,
    Raj
  • zcar2011zcar2011 Member Posts: 2
    Is there any friends got quotes at Coggin Honda in Jacksonville, FL? Thanks!
  • zcar2011zcar2011 Member Posts: 2
    could you please tell where did you get this quote? Which area are you at? Thanks
  • rojmarojma Member Posts: 9
    I have been given an offer of $29,250 OTD for a 2012 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD from a dealer in the Charlotte area.