Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dldaydcdldaydc Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to buy a 2012 CRV 2WD EX model. I live in the bay area, and the best quote I have got till now is 24500 (including destination) + tax and fees. Going through these posts it appears that dealers in other areas are willing to sell near or below invoice (23753). Has anyone in the bay area got a better price than 24500? If so, would appreciate if you can share details of the price quote and the dealer name.
  • swartelswartel Member Posts: 9
    edited January 2012
    Hi,

Am hoping that someone can post price paid for 2012 CR-V EX-L AWD with Nav, with break-down of prices (separate out destination price, title, tags, tax, etc. so vehicle price paid is available).

Thanks for your help.
  • btpd327btpd327 Member Posts: 9
    2012 Honda Fit
    Base Auto $15,561
    Sport Auto $17,275

2012 Civic
    Coupe LX Auto $15,895
    Coupe EX Auto $17,382
    Sedan Auto LX $16,085
    Sedan Auto EX $17,382 -Bring it on this price!
    Sedan Auto EXL $19,112

2012 Accord
    Coupe EX Auto $21,227
    Coupe EXL Auto $22,898
    Sedan LX 5 Speed $17,544
    Sedan LX Auto $18,267
    Sedan LXP Auto $19,271
    Sedan EX Auto $20,910
    Sedan EXL Auto $22,795 -Bring it on this price!
    Sedan EXL Nav Auto $24,995
    Sedan EXL V6 Auto $24,959
    Sedan EXL V6 Nav $27,237

The all-new 2012 Honda CRV
    EX 2WD $23,348
    LX AWD $22,560
    EX AWD $24,508
    EXL AWD $26,695
    EXL Res AWD $27,364
    EXL Nav AWD $28,595

2012 Honda Odyssey
    EXL $31,895
    EXL Res $33,345
    Touring $37,936
    Elite $40,395
  • swartelswartel Member Posts: 9
    Hi,

Does the price paid for the 2012 CR-V EX-L AWD with Nav ($28,595) include the $810 destination charge?
  • lubberslinelubbersline Member Posts: 4
    Holy smokes. I know exactly where you got these prices. I received the same email. Would "bring it on" ring a bell? I believe these prices do NOT include destination charges.
  • purcellerpurceller Member Posts: 2
    This past Sunday I paid $28,00 for a new 2012 CR-V AWD EX-L with RES. This price included the Protection Package and Destination Fee. Of course taxes, licenses and other fees were added for a total OTD price here in San Diego of $30,500.

I believe this $28,000 ended up being about $200 above invoice. I'm ok with that price, I think it is fair.
  • franklwfranklw Member Posts: 46
    Which dealer in San Diego did you get your car? My experiences in my past 3 Honda purchases with SD Honda dealers were not very good, their quotes were not competitive except one time with an Accord from Fuller Honda. I am helping my brother with his 2012 CRV this time and all I have received so far is MSRP and MSRP + $150. One guy would not give me the price besides inviting me to come down to his dealer.
  • satish_t_reddysatish_t_reddy Member Posts: 5
    Dear All, I bought 2012 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD Urban Titanium with Black interior last nite. The OTD was $29,104. I purchased this vehicle from a dealer in Ellicott CIty, MD. Please let me know your comments. Thanks
  • mctrees02mctrees02 Member Posts: 27
    edited January 2012
    What was your selling price before TTL?

As TTL & deposits can significantly impact the OTD price, that isn't a very good barometer of what the market can yield. Sales tax varies greatly by state and even more if it was a lease vs a purchase in some states.
  • rich177rich177 Member Posts: 3
    Satish, thanks for the info. I assume you purchased from O'Donnell Honda? As suggested above can you post a breakdown of all of the costs involved in your deal? I assume this is the EX-L without Navi?
    Hi, the selling price was $27,200. I don't remember the exact break up but will post the detailed break up as soon as possible.
    Hi, the selling price was $27,200. I don't remember the exact break up but will post the detailed break up as soon as possible. Yes it was an EX-L AWD without Navi and RES. They didnt charge me destination fee. all Paid was Tax, tags and title, dealer processing fee of $199.
  • warfazewarfaze Member Posts: 2
    Hi, Can you please let me know the deal name and address. Dont include the sales person name. You can also email me @ rassel@hotmail.com
  • ejbrownejbrown Member Posts: 1
    Where did you get the MSRP for EXL AWD w/Nav ...... what I keep coming up with is 29,795
    And what are these add-ons that the deal talks about??
    Is that the $810 ??
  • aznzerocoolaznzerocool Member Posts: 1
    thanks jylee507, for all the wonderful information!!!! Have you gotten your car yet?
  • jylee507jylee507 Member Posts: 3
    Yes, I picked up my car last Wednesday! No problems, just sign for the license/tags, take the keys, and out the door. No bait and switch, they didn't try to sell anything, easy as can be. Love the car...perhaps I shouldn't wait 13 years next time between buying cars, so much has changed for the better, so many awesome standard options!
  • el0pookieel0pookie Member Posts: 8
    edited January 2012
    Was this a good deal to be had? or did I get raked? The agreement was for $26200 OTD, but somehow the finance guy had added $158 worth a fees that were not going to be worth me arguing about at that point in time. I think I did OK.

Thanks to this forum, negotiating was easy by using prices paid here.

2012 CR-V EX 2WD, Polished Metal Metalic
    Trunk Mat
    Lug Locks
    Mud guarts
    Mats

OTD = $26358
    Vehicle price - 24031.00
    flat tire fee - 5.00
    battery fee - 1.00
    dealer fee - 599.00
    sales tax (6.5) - 1506.49
    tag - 83.60
    plate transfer - 2.00
    tag agency fee - 55.00
    doc stamps (loan) - 74.90
  • ndmike88ndmike88 Member Posts: 155
    Bought ours last Saturday night. Twilight Blue Metallic/Gray Leather. Sticker was $28,555 including destination plus the dealer added splash guards and pinstripping that bumped the total to $28,800,
    We got it for $27,500. Not much wiggle room on a hot selling vehicle. KBB on our trade was $12,000. We got $12,500 for it. Pretty happy will the deal and my wife loves her her new SUV.
    Hi, it was from O'donnell in Ellicott city.
    Here is the break down I paid for 2012 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD

Base Price - 26190
    Freight - 810
    Dealer Processing charge- 200
    electronic registration fee - 20
    Tire recycling fee - 4
    Title tax - 1632
    Registration fee - 128
    Title fee - 100
    Security Interest - 20

Total OTD $29104

Hope this helps.
  • tweety74tweety74 Member Posts: 5
    Hi,
    Hoping someone can help me out. I live in Queens NY and am looking into leasing the 2012 AWD CRV-EX-L. I visited a dealership in my area and was quoted a price of $27,526 with destination included. They came up with $0 down except for the first month payment and $400.00 a month with the taxes rolled into each payment. I feel that this sounds high. Can someone tell me what they think? Any other dealerships beside Honda of manhasset that you recommend? Is it better to wait for president's day sales? I'm new here so ANY INPUT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thanks
  • jfarreljfarrel Member Posts: 9
    I bought 2012 CR-V AWD EXL at Coleman Honda which matched price of Ourisman Honda. O'Donnell's price was about $500 higher. I have had positive buying experiences in past with both Coleman and O'Donnell. At Coleman, ask to speak to the their top salesperson after you get a quote elsewhere.
  • sg101sg101 Member Posts: 19
    Where did you end up buying your car and for how much? I'm looking for the 2012 CRV 2WD EX - thanks.
  • pramitpramit Member Posts: 1
    just pickup CRV EXL-RES AWD for 30000 OTD
    +250 fee
    +Tax 7.75% OHIO
    with all season mats free
    and cargo trey free.
    Sunnyside Honda in middleburg hts.
  • moe200moe200 Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2012
    2012 CRV EX-L from Metro Honda in Jersey City, NJ
    $26315 + $810 Destination + $499 Dealer Prep +

Motor Vehicle
    $322.00

Documentation
    $349.00

Window Etching
    $198.00

Credit Processing
    $19.00

Online Registration
    $7.70

Tire Tax
    $7.50

OTD $30900 with Tax
  • mctrees02mctrees02 Member Posts: 27
    edited January 2012
    what the heck is "dealer prep?" Did you pay them $500 to clean a new car that they had sold?
  • georgebush1georgebush1 Member Posts: 22
    Wow is all I can say about the prices folks are paying. $30,000 for a CR-V? Really?
  • moe200moe200 Member Posts: 3
    The "dealer prep" is pretty much their hidden fee, which makes the advertised prices look better than competitors prices. We tried few dealers around NYC area via email and any other one would only come down $500 from MSRP. One dealer that clearly stated "all fees included" offered straight MSRP but that of course did not include registration and title fees.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,555
    Have you been out shopping for small crossovers, lately?

Tiguans can top $38K

RAV4s can hit $34K...

Big time sticker shock... :surprise:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• segerfansegerfan Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    Bought 2012 CR-V EX 2WD, White Diamond Pearl, in NC for $23,600 including mud flaps, wheel locks, pinstripes and cargo tray.

Could have gotten better but ran out of patience. Had to order to get white in EX. In my area, EXLs are plentiful but EXs are not. EXLs are very nice, don't need leather in my commuter, decided to forgo Nav since I have Garmin and Nav on phone, and didn't get AWD since I have 4wd in larger SUV. EX is well appointed for daily driver, only wish it had a power driver seat; Honda missed the mark there.

Enjoying the car, find it quieter than previous models, and has enough power for my needs.
    edited February 2012
    I've been tracking the crossover market for quite some time. I have NEVER seen a RAV4 sell for $34K. Bottom line.....if youre paying more than $22,500 for a CR-V LX, $24,500 for an EX, $26,500 for an EX-L, or $27,000 for an EX-L with Nav, you are getting seriously hosed. These are OTD prices btw.
  • rflangrflang Member Posts: 8
    Been really shopping around... have gotten multiple prices right around $25,900 for an AWD EX-L. Definitely not an OTD price though... that would be $25,900 plus TTL. I believe I can do a few hundred better once I am ready to sign the papers.. not sure if anything changed as of today, i.e. the new month.

I do know that one dealer said I had to finance with Honda to get their lowest price or it would be $500 more...
  • shinmeishinmei Member Posts: 5
    $22,500 for an LX. Well, then price should be under $20500 before dealer fees and taxes, which I think almost impossible.
    If you're searching for a NEW 2011 model, those prices will work like any other time when a dealer will have two different model year vehicles on the same lot. But, if there are no 2011's on the lot, good luck with those imaginary prices. They simply don't exist.

To get a new EX for $24500 OTD, you have to basically get the car for around $22k + dealer fee, tag & taxes, etc.... If you check Edmunds, KBB or Nada, that's a used 2010 or 2011 CR-V price unless you're buying wholesale at an auction which average consumers don't have access to.

Check carmax.com for used car prices that are non-negotiable to give you a comparison point of what a new one should cost (ie 2010 $21000 used vs 2012 $24k NEW sounds reasonable to me). I know there are dealers that you can negotiate down the price, but those mom and pop dealers don't offer the comfort that some of the bigger retailers have such as certified pre-owned.

I was looking for a used 2009 EX, but all of the ones that were in descent condition had an OTD price around $21000 to $22000. The high mileage ones I could get under 20k OTD. At that price point, it makes more sense to get a new 2012 for $26300 OTD, which is what I paid for EX. This is for EX only. Not sure how LX's fair.

Good luck shopping those prices in your head.
    I was told I can save $750 if approved by honda finance.
    Look, if you want to pay above MSRP for a vehicle that will be selling for $500 below invoice in a few months, go right ahead. Edmunds lists the invoice price for a FWD, EX (which is what I am in the market for), at $22,699. $500 below invoice makes it $22,199. I dont think $24,500 OTD for a FWD, EX is off at all. How often, especially in this economic market, do vehicles sell for above MSRP? It's not a Viper or Shelby for crying out load.
  • rajarorarajarora Member Posts: 1
    seems like you basically got a 7% discount off the MSRP for your trim (28,295) ?

etching is not mandatory at all so they should remove it.

Is this the best quote you got or you expect them to go lower
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,555
    I don't think you can find those prices for a 2012..

What they'll be selling for in six months is debatable.. but, right now, they can sell all they get for higher prices...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

In a few months? If your arguments are based on timing, then why wait a few months. You can simply wait 10 to 11 months until the 2013's come out then you can get these 2012's for thousands below invoice. Heck, get a used 2012 in two years even much cheaper.

This forum is for the "here and now prices paid" and not what you should be paying in a few months.

If that's the case, then yes, I agree with you. $500 under MSRP is a rip off. In a few months they will be cheaper and even that'll be a rip off if you look even further down the road. I'll add to that, in a year they'll be even cheaper than a few months. The more you wait, the cheaper they get. If you follow that principal, you'll never buy ANY CAR for that matter unless you buy a classic that goes up in value.
  • mchang413mchang413 Member Posts: 11
    edited February 2012
    Bought 2012 CR-V EX 2WD in North Texas for $23,538 including tinted windows, door guards and pinstripes. OTD price $25,300.
  • donwh66donwh66 Member Posts: 1
    Great deal mchang413. May I ask what dealer in North Texas sold the CRV?
    Most of the posts in this section tend to consist of "I paid X, do you think I got a good deal?" I figured I would point out that alot of what I was seeing was people paying MSRP......which is NEVER a good deal. And I do believe that my figures on what I would consider a good deal can be found NOW and not months from now. Just look at the post between us. He got his for a few hundred over what I priced it at. I understand there are people willing to give the dealer whatever they are asking to get what they want. I happen to call them suckers.
    donwh66,

Internet Sales dept of Bankston Honda in Lewisville sold me the CRV.
  • shinmeishinmei Member Posts: 5
    MSRP for a 12 CRV EX is about $25200 and this DOES NOT include dealer fees which can be between 300 and 600 depending on dealerships. If you want to get an OTD price below $25200, you should get a quote of $22700 or less. (at least in my area)

Base Price :$22700
    Dealership fee: $400
    Tax (8%) : $1800
    Tag, Licensae and other small fees :$200

OTD:$25100

Is there any dealership that offers a $22700 quote for a 12 CRV EX?

Getting a low OTD price is what everyone is looking for. However, instigating unrealistic prices might intimidate others.
    edited February 2012
    sounds like a great deal mchang413, can you give us the details of your deal?

dealer fee, taxes paid & rate, tag fees, etc. Thanks.
    In a few months he'll get his price. And paying MSRP for anything is always a rip off. You always want to pay below MSRP on any item you buy.

This forum is about "reality" and what things are actually selling for in the real world. Unfortunately, demand, and in the case of cars, release dates, play a major role in how much things cost. Should we pay it, no we shouldn't. Do we have to pay it if we want to buy it now, yes, and in this forum we have the prices of what people are really paying. As time goes by the prices will get lower and lower.

How much do you think folks were paying for 2012 CRV's in November of 2011? You need to go to the used car forum. They have great prices way below MSRP. Get a 2010 for thousands below what these are going for and with the same reliability. Just a few miles on them.
    Selling price 23,538.81
    State sales tax 6.25% 1,471.14
    Dealer inventory tax 0.1786% 42.04
    Dealer Doc fee 122.50
    Inspection fee 23.75
    License/Title fee 85.75
    Road and Bridge/Deputy fee 11.50
    Buyer Tag fee 5.00
  • sdiegosdiego Member Posts: 19
    PT Cruiser sold above MSRP during it's first year
    no dealer fee? awesome deal to be had!!! Congratulations buddy. Not sure how you did it, but it can be done.
  • reid18reid18 Member Posts: 2
    Hello

I have been in the market for a 2011 CRV since October. Came pretty close to buying but decided to hold off until the new year. I'm now back to thinking about purchasing one. A lot of dealerships in my area have leftovers 2011. I purchased a leftover 2003 Honda Accord in February 2004 and saved $5000 off of the MSRP.

Has anyone purchased a leftover 2011? If so can you provide your OTD price? Also what model? I'm really interested in the Special Edition but if the EX's are cheap I would get one of those too!

Thanks!