Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• donutelladonutella Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2012
    Finally purchased my CR-V yesterday. Curious what you guys think of the deal. The sales guy acted like I a got a really good deal, but they're paid to do that right :) I got the black with black interior.

$26,399 including $810 destination + taxes, license, & fees = 29096.09 OTD.
    It would have been $28812 OTD, but I was suckered into keeping the alarm system. They lowered my interest rate to cover it, and make my payments a few pennies less than it would have been. I had preapproval of 2.9 with my credit union, and Honda was able to do it for 2.49
  • dgissel_98dgissel_98 Member Posts: 16
    great price, 2012 CRV EXL AWD, best price I've gotten in chicago is 26,300.00
    that includes freight. wow 25,800.00, hopefully good sign for better deals coming.
  • matwagsmatwags Member Posts: 21
    I am in C-bus and am looking for the same model. Could you tell me which dealer you went to?
  • jiezhongjiezhong Member Posts: 1
    Just signed document; 2012 Model CRV EX-L without (GPS and RES), 27700 + Tax + Title + document etc. + 1350 for extended 8year warantee.

I am from Kirkland/WA

Good luck
  • orangestormorangestorm Member Posts: 1
    I got the EX today and I'm also from FL(6% sales tax). I paid 25489 out of door after 5 hours of negotiating.
  • xueyanyanxueyanyan Member Posts: 6
    I got OTD $24000 for CR-V LX AWD that includes:

7% sale tax $1500
    Title and 4 years registration $330
    Doc fee $398
    Some Anti theft pack $299

I don't know if Edmunds invoice includes destination fee or not. If not, this is much lower than the invoice.
  • ryzzyryzzy Member Posts: 1
    I totaled my 2010 EX-L two weeks ago. I still don't think there is any other car that compares with the CRV in terms of value and style, so I got another one this weekend.

2012 CRV EX-L 2WD
    Black on Black
    $26,388 with destination
  • padypady Member Posts: 10
    edited April 2012
    Did you get a lifetime power train warrantee from the dealer? One dealer in southwest florida offer that. Similar to toyota dealers
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Lifetime power train warranty ? Valid only if you do the dealer recommended service packs. Very expensive. Honda power trains last as long as you will keep the car anyway.
  • cptklosscptkloss Member Posts: 2
    Hmmm...

So you're saying you got your car for $21500 including $800 destination.
    That's a whooping $2000 less that this car is available at at huge majority of the dealers, and i'm talking best case scenario here ($23,500 + )TTL
  • sebring95sebring95 Member Posts: 3,241
    I'm not seeing dealers come anywhere close to what some are saying around here. I just wonder if some are taking a beating on trade or something. I'm doing a cash deal and can't even get near invoice with a number of dealers I've called. Granted I might do a little better once on-site but I'm not spending five hours at a dealership dickering on price. If they won't negotiate over the phone or email, I'm not bothering. Going to settle for paying a lot more than others but at least buying from a local dealer that has great service, loaner vehicles, etc.
    The negociation part was just one hour or so, that saved me more than $1000. What kind of job can pay $1000/hour?
    My calculation is $21800 including destination. NJ dealers add some Safety pack $300. I don't count it any value in negociation.
  • jcbosu98jcbosu98 Member Posts: 1
    Just signed the papers last week and patiently waiting on delivery in Tulsa, OK. Negotiated a price of
    $25,635 including $810 destination and $169 doc fee. Also getting the all weather mats for $104.88 and cargo tray for $80.40. With tax, title and registration, OTD total of $26,750. They threw in 1st year of free oil changes as well. :shades:
  • cptklosscptkloss Member Posts: 2
    that's a good price, i've been leaning towards getting CX-5 ... but if CRV can be had at under $22k that makes it slightly better choice for me.
    If you can save $1,000 in an hour then sure it's worth it. Five hours...I'll pass. But either way my point was more of skepticism of such low prices. Why would a dealer be inclined to sell one at $1,200 UNDER invoice? (your numbers which are less than dealer cost even with holdback)? Particularly on a vehicle selling so well...there are literally very few on the lots to pick from. You can't even buy a Chevy these days under invoice. My family used to own dealerships so I'm pretty familiar with how the business works.
    edited April 2012
    People spent 5 hours probably researching all kinds of options or warranties recommended by dealer. If you do your homework and know exactly what you want at what price, you could get the deal in half hour. They will close the deal once they know what you believe.

I saw many deals that are $500 below invoice here. There must be some other incentives behind it. I got the deal because I agreed to drive home the car on the same day. There is an incentive to reduce its time in the parking lot.
  • terpscomefirstterpscomefirst Member Posts: 2
    That seems about in-line with what I got. Ended up with a CR-V LX FWD for about $22,850 OTD in Maryland, which included splash guards (and wheel locks, though, dude, steel wheels). The difference is that it literally took me a month to negotiate this amongst twelve dealerships, and I eventually got the best price on March 31.

Body 20,250
    Dest. 810
    TTL 299
    Processing 199
    Tax (6%) 1293

Total 22,851
  • mkjamesmkjames Member Posts: 3
    I'm also from Florida. Can you give me the name of the dealership?
    Actually your deal looks to be more realistic plus it's a FWD vs AWD. Very close to invoice, maybe a little below and your worked hard to get it. $1,000 below invoice as articulated by the previous poster just seems like quite a stretch.
  • terpscomefirstterpscomefirst Member Posts: 2
    You're right. I didn't even notice the lack of a dest. fee in his. My mistake. That said, the overall rarity of the LX FWD in the mid-atlantic area made things a little harder to negotiate.

Hey, if it's legit, good for him. I'm just glad that I got a decent deal. The stress on this car was crushing me for months. :-P
  • suzmacsuzmac Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2012
    I hear you...I have been looking since Aug 2011. Today I walked away from the perfect car for me, 2010 certified one owner,silver crv-ex, awd. with 10,500 miles..the manager wouldnt budge on $21, 899. i was prepared to take it out the door for$22,500...I think this is a realistic offer..I dont think they really care if I buy it...darn it. any thoughts?
  • sparklandsparkland Member Posts: 120
    I also considered the X5. I think it is a really nice vehicle. There were a couple of points that steered me toward the Honda. The hump in the center back floor on the CX. The three color dashboard lighting (reddish orange, white, and blue) in the CX5 was a little busy. The Direct Injection system was a little sloppy and may lead to cylinder problems. The extended warranty is through a third party, not Mazda.

Hope you get something you like.
  • contactnycontactny Member Posts: 7
    What was your total OTD, including all the taxes and fees?
    What was your price OTD including taxes and fees?
    Where did you purchase your CR-V? Was the total OTD $24,655, not including taxes, titles and fees? OR did it come to $24,655 including taxes, titles and fees?
    No taxes, title or fees attached to your purchase? Just $24,269?
  • pilotseeker1pilotseeker1 Member Posts: 6
    2012 CRV EX AWD 24155
    ert fee 25.00
    Doc fee 161.39
    Il Sales tax 1521.35
    New plates and title 194.00
    Total otd 26057.01
  • look4car3look4car3 Member Posts: 2
    That seems like a really great price for cr-v EXL. Did you have to work them hard on it?
  • look4car3look4car3 Member Posts: 2
    I was hoping to walk in (or email) dealer and say, I'll pay 27,100 OTD and finance at 2.49% (they provide or i get it at Credit Union).

Any idea of my chances. I would like a pearl black, which likely won't help me as they will probably take the deal as long as i take the puke orange model they can't sell.
  • padypady Member Posts: 10
    honda of fort myers
  • rob4691rob4691 Member Posts: 7
    We were able to get a 2012 EX-L AWD for $26,539 at Jeff Wyler in Cincinnati. This price included body side molding, wheel locks, cargo tray, and all weather mats. Total out the door was $28,424 and included my 6% tax, $250 document fee, tags & title. No trade. They also matched my credit union at 1.99% for 5 years. I couldn't find another dealer who would come close to this. One dealer probably thought I was lying as they told me "if they are offering you that, you need to run over there and get it today!!". I waited a few days but did get the vehicle from Wyler. It's the color my wife wanted (twilight blue). It's interesting how some dealers are over flowing with Odyssey's, some with Ridgelines, and some with CR-V's.

I now own 3 honda's ('04 Pilot, '06 Ridgeline, and this 2012 CRV - all are AWD).
  • jara51jara51 Member Posts: 1
    Have emailed/talked to a few dealerships about buying a CR-V EX-AWD and received an email this AM. Received quote of $29,500 with all season floor mats, splash guards, trunk tray and cross bars. This is an out the door price to include all fees (destination, documentation), taxes (6% MI), registration and 15 month plate fee.

Salesman says he'd give me that price if I buy today. Any thoughts? Thanks.
    Picked this up for my elderly mother last night. $23,700 including destination and mudguards/all-season mats, and dealer fees. Cash deal, no trade. Overpaid by a solid $1,000+ assuming others on here aren't smoking something, but I could find no dealers within 100 miles willing to go even remotely close to what folks here are posting. Couple dealers said they are getting MSRP and not negotiating at all. Many said they would negotiate much harder on an EX-L because there is far more supply, but that's not what we wanted. This is my preferred dealer who has given me terrific service in the past including multiple warranty repairs well beyond the warranty period. They also have free loaners which is a huge plus in my book. I'll pay more for superb service and no hassle, but I still feel like there should have been more money on the table. They claim half of all the cars they're selling are CRV's and they aren't negotiating too far off msrp on any of them. Oh well in the scheme of things $1,000-$1,500 isn't the end of the world, it's still a tremendous value in my book for what you get even on the stripped down model.
    If you are getting excellent service like that from your dealer then you didn't overpay a thing. I agree with you, paying for better service is worth every penny.
  • helsinki1helsinki1 Member Posts: 7
    That's a great OTD price! Including the accessories you are at least $500 below invoice. Enjoy your CRV.
  • jaa37jaa37jaa37jaa37 Member Posts: 30
    Been working on getting a good price for a few weeks. Here's what I have:

Cost 25,880
    Dest 810
    Tax 1,868 (7% NJ)
    Tire fee 7.50
    Doc fee 299
    DMV fee 299
    OTD 29,164

Another dealer offered me basically the same price but added 200 for VIN etching, 100 for clean/prep, and an extra 100 for both doc and DMV fees for an total OTD of 29,650 on a base of 25,880ish.

Thoughts?
    Either deal is probably a good price. Push to see which one one would add some "extras" to get the deal signed. It really is nice to have the body side molding, mud flaps, cargo tray, and all weather mats with your new purchase. I use to live in NJ - wouldn't hurt to get the wheel locks thrown in on the deal as well.
  • mck588mck588 Member Posts: 12
    Did you finance it? Would love to know your monthly payment...looking for the exact car and I finally see one in my local dealer's lot.
    I did finance - with Honda. I was pre-approved through my credit union @ 1.99% with 20% down. Honda wanted to finance @ 1.99% with no money down. I decided to go with Honda and put $2,500 down so $26,593 - $2,500 left me financing $24,093 for 5 years at 1.99%. Payment is $422.19.

We could have put more down but at 1.99%, the interest rate is so low I would rather keep my cash for a rainy day.
  • brettcasselbrettcassel Member Posts: 3
    My wife and I bought a 2012 CRV EXL (Twilight Blue) today for $27,000 OTD. That includes tax, title, everything. Texas tax is 6.25% on a new car sale. The car includes dealer adds like tinting, mud guards, pin-striping, etc. We bought for roughly $1,700 below invoice. I think you should be shooting for this price, if not slightly better. I think we did real well!
  • njbrmnjbrm Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2012
    I'm working with a fleet dealer in Golden, CO that has a fixed $500 over invoice which includes any fees (including dealer handling and doc)
    So I'm looking at $28,545 + tax out the door for an EX-L AWD with RES. Financing is 2.15% through my local credit union.

What do you think? I haven't been able to get to less than $200 over invoice with any other dealer (walk-in and internet team haggling) and all of those still have the $499 DH/doc fee on top.
  • asm20854asm20854 Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2012
    Internet price through credit union buying service:

$25,900 before destination, $200 processing, tags and fees
    DC area dealer. Other dealerships were $600 to $1200 higher

60 mo financing at 1.49% through Pentagon Federal Credit Union.
  • newago1newago1 Member Posts: 2
    which dealer, the one in troy is higher. city name would be fine. thx
  • newago1newago1 Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking to purchase a CRV EX L minus the nav and rear entertainment. I'm looking to buy cash and in MI. Any help would be appreciated.
  • uclauclauclaucla Member Posts: 1
    You did really well! I am in Dallas too, would you mind sharing where you got it from as that is definitely better than some of the quotes I am getting...did you finance or pay cash?
  • brettcasselbrettcassel Member Posts: 3
    Go to Frank Kent Honda. We bought ours with Jerry Wofford. We financed through the AA Credit Union, as he is the rep for them. If you mention my name .. Brett Cassel .. you'll be doing me a favor. Thanks.
  • asm20854asm20854 Member Posts: 4
    Update:

MSRP: 29,904
    Invoice: 27,775
    Dealer price: 27,015 (with $200 dealer processing and $20 electronic registration fee)

Difference:
    $2889 under MSRP
    $760 under invoice

Total OTD (with Maryland 6% sales tax and other fees): 28,886.70 OTD
  • njbrmnjbrm Member Posts: 2
    That sounds like a really great OTD price. Are you sure about invoice? I've been shown an invoice of 28,045 for a EX-L AWD w RES from several dealers this last weekend.

Still an excellent price if it's $500 under invoice. I'm at invoice now through a credit union finder service.
  • aspiremoreaspiremore Member Posts: 1
    Hey, can you tell me what dealership?? In MD & would love to get below invoice! Thanks.