Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rajumrajum Member Posts: 3
    iam planning for 2003 CRV EX , can you guys help me for best dealer in MD/VA area to get the best deal
  • mpchmpch Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone purchased recently in the Portland, Oregon area? The best I've been able to find so far is $22K for a 2003 EX, including $460 destination, no additional options, not including license.

It seems like it varies quite a lot from one region of the US to another (based on people's postings).

Thanks.
  • justfind6justfind6 Member Posts: 30
    We just picked up our black EX in Turnersville NJ on Monday. Paid $22,640 including the freight charge. There are still no discounts on CR-Vs in this area. We had to wait almost three weeks just to get the color we wanted. But hey, it's worth it!
    I did use peoplefirst to bargain the dealer down to a 4.39%apr. They had it set at 5.74% until I pulled out the peoplefirst check and my fico score :)
    Dave
  • vrmvrm Member Posts: 310
    Folks,
    Can somebody recommend a dealer who has good PRICE on the CR-V in Virginia or Maryland?

Thanks!
  • safetripsafetrip Member Posts: 1
    I've got my silver EX CRV a month ago at Commonwealth Motors up in Lawrence MA. I paid $21,360+reg+tax+doc. I'm very happy about the deal based on the response from other dealers in the area.
    I spent about a month in negotiations on line and in person at about 7 different dealers. Some of them wouldn't budge at all below MSRP saying that they sell CRVs even before cars come in, which was true given the fact that I couldn't see any CRVs among hundreds of Accords and Civics. The best deal I've got before I contacted Commonwealth was $700 below MSRP from Honda of Boston after an hour of haggling-I personly don't recommand this dealership and Cambridge Honda. They were very snotty).
    But when I called Commonwealth and said(more correctly 'lied') to them that I've got a deal at $1200 below MSRP from some place else and would go up there if they can give it at $1500 below, they agreed right away. No negotiations, no haggling. In fact, I did this to another dealer and told, 'that's a great deal. go ahead and take it while it last'.
    Any way, the dealer at commonwealth was very nice and things went very smooth. Only thing was I had wait 4 weeks since they didn't have any.
    Here is one money saving tip. DO NOT BUY ACCESSORIES FROM DEALERS!
    The price is highly inflated-some of them are as much as 100% more expensive than MSRP. One dealer even confested to me that they make more money on accessories than cars. Anyway, instead go to http://www.handa-accessories.com/ or http://www.collegehillshonda.com/ and order them on-line. They are much, much cheaper and you can also get things that they don't carry in the dealerships like rear parking mirror, color matched spare tire cover, auto-dimming rear view mirror, touch paints etc. I bought cargo cover, moonroof visor, window visor, spare tire cover at almost half of dealer's price. Don't worry about installation. They come with detailed manuals and if you can replace a light bulb, you can do it.
  • musanthamusantha Member Posts: 1
    Hello everyone,

We are considering buying a EX CR-V automatic in Phoenix, Arizona.

Any information on price paid and dealer experiences and overall experience with CRV would be great.

Thanks..

musantha
  • provost1provost1 Member Posts: 4
    I just found this board so my info is dated but I'll give it anyway: In March 2002 I bought a Certified '98 CR-V LX AT,A/C,CD in silver, just over 24000 miles. Obviously, since it was Honda Certified, it was in basically showroom condition. I argued them down to $16,200 from 17,000. Did the deal at Klein Honda in Everett, WA. I expect to buy another in early 2004 and unless the price of the new ones just blows me away I will buy certified used again...
  • jnezjnez Member Posts: 1
    Hi

I am looking to buy an 03, CR-V EX 4WD in the next six months or so. I am 2.5 hours from San Diego and Phoenix. If anyone has had any good experiences from any dealers in those areas please let me know! The town I live in is limited, and I feel that I would get a better deal in an area that has more competition. I talked to my local Honda dealer, and he gave me a load of crap from the start..... So, in the meantime my husband and I are selling our 92 Landcruiser and 95 Civic with plans on purchasing a new CR-V in the near future!!
    I can't wait!!! :)

Thanks to anyone that can help!!!
  • mpc823_99mpc823_99 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a Silver CR-V EX (no dealer add-ons) for $21,152 + tax, title, doc fee in the Chicago-land area. Out the door it was $22,884.61. I was pleased with the deal. It was about $1,000 less than the highest quote in my area.
  • tutu8tutu8 Member Posts: 2
    iam planning for 2003 CRV 4WD LX , can you guys help me for best dealer in Atlanta area to get the best deal
  • chuckn1964chuckn1964 Member Posts: 1
    I just plunked down $500 cool ones on this vehicle to "hold" it until it arrives. It is now enroute from some place in Illinois. We have had a lot of large hail storms here this year, so dealer inventories are very low in CRV's.

I ordered the 2WD LX in Eternal Blue with a couple of additional options installed by Huggins Honda.

True to their word, they are charging me $100 over invoice($18,023.36 + TT&L). Their "internet price" is between $300 - $800 cheaper than any other dealer in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. Only one other dealer in Dallas had this vehicle in Eternal Blue in stock, but the price and 1.5 hour travel time seemed too much for me.

I am looking forward to driving the vehicle once it arrives in 7 - 10 days. I hope this is true, as my totalled(from hail) car's A/C has just stopped working
  • alfalfa549alfalfa549 Member Posts: 3
    I began a lease search for a Honda CRV EX on Tuesday Morning in Pittsburgh. I used email and the Honda web site for initial contact. I sent out requests to 20 dealers. The Honda site is a pain for this. Just get dealer list and go to their web site. Send the same message to all.

I said " I am ready to lease a Honda CRV EX auto. I am looking for 12k per year miles, 48 month term, no money down, no security fee, no acquistion fee, no termination fee. I am ready to move now"

In the next 24 hours I had over 10 responses. No one gives you the skinny first shot. So you have to do your homework. The list for an EX auto is $22.8k. The Edmund's TMV is 21.9k. That was my target. Cap cost-residual/term is capital cost. (Cap cost+residual)*money factor is interest. Money factor is interest rate divided by 2400. Add taxes in your area. Mine are 10%. Add. For my goal, this yielded $300/month.

Everyone started at $330-350 per month. A couple phone calls, fax, email per party yielded $305 offer. I signed up. Got the color I wanted. Drove one home on Thursday.

You too can do it!
  • bgabel1260bgabel1260 Member Posts: 135
    Stopped by my current dealer yesterday to look at the CR-V up close. Didn't drive one but I think this is the car to get. I told the salesman I "need" a 5spd and asked what's the situation with those. He said they had one in inventory (LX) but they are rather uncommon. I asked about ordering one and he said they could but it's something that would take 4, 6 or maybe 8 weeks.

I said I think I will wait for the 2004 models strictly for resale reasons. Honda doesn't have any incentives on these 2003 models so there's no point rushing to get one now. He said he agreed with me and with a longer lead time I probably could pick the color I want. I want a EX in Chianti Red or Satin Silver.

I asked him about the standard discount on the CR-V and he rather looked at me like I said something naughty. Anyway, he whispered to me that they are giving $500-700 off MSRP generally. Of course, I have a feeling I would have to pay sticker for a 2004 come August.

The sales guy said that they can't get enough CR-Vs to sell. The dealership told a risk a couple months ago by buying extra CR-Vs (AWD models) from dealers down South and having them shipped back to the NE. Because the dealership sold their normal allocation as well as these additional vehicles, they are now receiving a larger allocation from Honda.
  • gklatvgklatv Member Posts: 35
    Just bought a '03 CRV EX auto for a couple of hundreds over invoice with minimal negotiating with the internet sales manager of the local dealership. Then, stopped in his office for 15 min. to sign the papers - and that's it, done! Have to wait now a few weeks for my color, thou.
    Hi,

Anybody know what changes are going to be introduced in the 2004 model?

Will these arrive in September or later?

Thanks!
  • beerme2beerme2 Member Posts: 2
    2003 CRV EX A/T: 20,391
    Freight: 460
    Registration/Processing: 387
    Security System: 269
    Cargo Tray: 84
    Splash Guards: 80
    Wheel Locks: 52
    Running Boards: 482
    Chrome Exhaust: 34
    Fog Lights: 469
    Extended Warranty: 1397
    Seems like you got a good deal. Your base price (including freight) is $20,851.

Your final price looks high after you add all options and extended warranty. Not sure why you need the extended warranty on the CRV.

Congratulations!!
  • beerme2beerme2 Member Posts: 2
    The base price was good, but I'm sure that was due to the number of options I requested. I got the extended warranty because I am planning on keeping it that long and 1397 is ~200 off what they normally charge (The 'closer' wasn't happy when she learned the salesman had offered me that). Okay, I'm a little paranoid too.
  • ml73ml73 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I am in the market for a CR-V LX (2WD) in New York City. Can anybody recommend a dealer with a good price in the NYC metropolitan area? What did you pay for your CR-V?

Thanks a bunch!
  • theracoontheracoon Member Posts: 666
    I got the extended warranty because I am planning on keeping it that long and 1397 is ~200 off what they normally charge (The 'closer' wasn't happy when she learned the salesman had offered me that).

You could have saved a few dollars on the accessories by buying them on the internet. You could have also saved more by buying the warranty directly from Honda, instead of from the dealer.

At http://www.hondawarranty.com the price for a 7 year/100,000 mile/zero deductible Honda extended warranty is $1,040. That's good for any CR-V purchased after 05/19/2001 with less than 24,000 miles on the odometer.

JM2C
  • hurler4hurler4 Member Posts: 104
    I live near Boston and have been stonewalled by every Honda dealer I have been to re: the CRV. None of them will go lower than about $600 off the MSRP for a CRV EX with 5-speed.

I hear if people getting these vehicles for around invoice and would buy one in a second if any of these dealers would budge. I'd like to get a black CRV EX with 5-speed for around $20,000 or less--they MSRP for $22,060. Any ideas? These dealers will not give an inch and one dealer actually said it's not even worth their time talking to me if I want a deal on one.

Thanks for any info!
  • icvciicvci Member Posts: 1,031
    Try carsdirect.com

I could only manage about $800 below MSRP. Depends on the market in Boston.

For what you're getting, even MSRP is quite reasonable IMO.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Last year, I bought a 2002 at $1000 under sticker, when most were insisting on sticker. The lowest price I've heard of, even here on Edmunds is $1500 off sticker. I think if you keep looking for that kind of price, it might be a long time before you get a CRV.

Note to theracoon:
    You can't buy the warranty direct from Honda. Hondawarranty.com is run by a dealer in the Northeast. That said, they do have the best prices on the Hondacare extended warranty.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• hunnybhunnyb Member Posts: 4
    Last Friday I was quoted via the Internet $20,888 (includes destination charge) + Calif. DMV fees + taxes from AutoWest Honda in Fremont. Only other fees I was charged was $45 doc and $5 tire fee in California. Checked out the vehicle Monday night and signed papers, came home with a new silver EX on Tuesday. The process was painless. Now the fun begins...

Does anyone have any experience with 1SourceAutoWarranty for extended warranty at http://1sourceautowarranty.com/ ? Good or bad? They offer "wear and tear" coverage rather than just "breakdown or failure" of parts.

Any other extended warranties anyone can recommend, other than dealer or direct from Honda? Being a Honda, it probably doesn't need it but I would like to see my options and costs.

This is my first post. I've been reading various discussions since last December and brushing up on knowledge of the vehicle before making the actual purchase. Thanks to all who have provided useful info here.
  • hunnybhunnyb Member Posts: 4
    I found my own answers. I found the discussion on 1Source - doesn't sound good. Any other warranty suggestions and their costs is appreciated.
  • erasmus75erasmus75 Member Posts: 3
    I am from NY and I got a quote of $18,000 for a LX CRV from Honda Plaza. I hope the deal is still good when I am ready to buy in June. Any better prices out there?
  • rosie22rosie22 Member Posts: 1
    I priced CRV EX automatics for several months and received several written emails with price quotes at invoice price of $21115! Just email a dealer directly and tell them what you want and how much you are willing to pay. It works as long as you are willing to travel about 200 miles from home. Each city's market in different. Chicago's is one of the most competitive because of its size
  • hurler4hurler4 Member Posts: 104
    Can anyone tell me of a dealer in the northeast that has quoted a price around or just above invoice for a CRV EX? I was just quoted a price of about $21,300 for a 5-speed and I know I can do better than that. Thanks!
  • cgphil1cgphil1 Member Posts: 29
    Not sure if that is a good deal in the Boston area for a 5 speed. I believe others have been getting a better deal. Is the destination fee of $460.00 included? Check out the Honda CRV board under SUV. I bought my 03 CRV EX Automatic in Boston in December and got a no haggle Discount Club price of $800.00 over Invoice ($20,692.00 Invoice + $460.00 destination fee = $21,152.00 + $800.00 = $21,952.00) before tax etc. At that time none of the dealers I visited or called were willing to go below MSRP of $22, 400.00 + destination fee of $460.00 = $22,860.00.
    You may be able to get it at closer to invoice now. I am not sure if I am allowed to give the Mass discount club email address or phone # here but it is not one of the supermarket discount stores.
  • capricornus9capricornus9 Member Posts: 4
    PLEASE ADVISE.

I'm at the worksheet-offers stage on an '03 LX AT AWD with no options, not inc. tax and DMV. MSRP inc. destination on this should be 20,560. TMV should be 19,797, I'm at 19,800. Given the season (not winter) and the location (northeastern USA), is this figure about right? Am I missing anything? Can people who've done some homework before buying do better than TMV? I've only got three local dealers to work with.

Thanks for an informative board. I've been reading it avidly.
  • kmayberrykmayberry Member Posts: 1
    I recently bought a 03 CRV LX 2WD-had been pre-approved for a 5 yr loan @4.39% with an online bank, Honda financing offered 5 yr @ 3.64% which is obviously a savings over the 4.39% 5 yr loan term. However, this 3.64% was only available if I agreed to purchase an extended warranty for $995. I went ahead and accepted the offer for the 3.64/warranty because I plan to keep the car for a long time. Can anybody shed some light on this and tell me if I made the right decision?
  • mbdon2mbdon2 Member Posts: 1
    I don't like the car buying process, so I was not the ideal patient bargainer, but I was working with two dealers in the Albany area over 1 week with neither willing to go below MSRP. Price was $19911 with Keyless entry. Where I got movement was on trade-in and financing. I got $200 over blue book value for a 2002 Civic with 28500 miles and got final financing of 3.34%, I asked for 36 mos. Honda financing was first offered at 3.74%. To Capircornus9, your deal sounds great.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    If they required you to buy an extended warranty to get lower rate financing, you can be sure that the warranty price was marked up substantially. Its illegal to require credit life or disability insurance to qualify for financing. Its at the very least unethical to require an extended warranty purchase to do the same.

kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ry2003ry2003 Member Posts: 1
    EX automatic with Fog light, side step, sunroof visor and wheel lock, 23,228. I know I could save more by purchase accessaries from the web, but just too lazy to do it.

I am in Wilmington, Delaware
  • k22k22 Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased a silver CRV EX in North Dakota for $21,725. , not including tax, title or any extras.

Dealer initially refused to go under $22,000 so I walked out and called other dealers in the state. Called back the same dealer and asked if they wanted to sell for the lowest offer I got on the phone. They initially refused but later called me and sold the CRV I wanted.

I was able to get my CRV before they were able to jack up the price with sealants, etc.

Anyone in the Chicago area should look up the web site for Grand Honda. They have some of the lowest prices I have seen: $20,095 for a CRV EX.

I hope this helps those out there looking for a new car.
  • ml73ml73 Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased a CR-V LX 2WD automatic for $18,600 incl. destination at Plaza Honda. I had to work pretty hard to get that deal. I had pre-approved financing for 4.5% but they offered 3.6% w/o having to get the extended warranty. They also threw in some accessories, like the cargo net and wheel locks for free.
  • sachitsachit Member Posts: 3
    the dealer was east honda, columbus OH.
  • evanyngevanyng Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a 2003 CR-V EX Auto over the Memorial Day long weekend for $21,751 (incl. destination) + Tax and License. Considering the TMV for my area is $22,022 and CarsDirect quoted $22,126, I'm satisfied. I paid an additional $175 for the cargo cover. The dealer also included the Cargo tray, front mud guard, leather steering wheel, wheel locks, and door edge guard at that price. Since it was purchased over the long weekend, I got 2.9% financing. I traded in my '94 VW Passat Wagon for $4400. I'm very happy with the CR-V so far. I'm considering getting a cargo net and the metal look dash trim kit to dress it up. Any opinions?
  • capricornus9capricornus9 Member Posts: 4
    03 CR-V LX AWD automatic trans inc. destination, not including tax and DMV, $19,900. Western New York. One sales manager let me walk at 19,800 but was willing at 19,900. Second sales mgr grudgingly met the 19,900 with color I wanted. $660 below MSRP. Lessons: 1) Patience. 2) Walk, to determine lowest limit. Sachit, you made a great deal. Here in WNY I suspect dealers are willing to come off MSRP now because of new model year 04 in August.
  • yetiraceryetiracer Member Posts: 6
    Evan, congrats on your recent purchase. Could you tell me more about where you did your deal. Was MSRP $22,800 or so, also was the financing (2.9%) a dealer thing or through American Honda, and what was the term. What color did you get, I talked to a dealer last weekend, they said that the Brown is the most popular in S.D. for dealer trades, Thanks in advance.
  • irag3irag3 Member Posts: 1
    Im in the NY area(White Plains)and ready to buy a silver AWD EX CRV automatic. Who has the best price and lowest financing around? Is extended warranty necessary? Thanks
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    I just returned from 4 months in Japan and saw at least 50 new CR-Vs there. I was also in Japan around this time last year and the CR-Vs were different. The most obvious difference is that the bumpers and side body cladding of the new model are painted body color rather than black. What a difference! I don't know if the 2004 US version will get these changes, but IMHO the changes are worth the wait...
    Back in late April I visited Honda Plaza in Brooklyn to get a price on CRV LX 2WD. I told the salesperson that I will be ready to buy in June. He gave me a price of $18,000 with destination charge.(My wife is my witness) When June came I was ready to buy. I went back and I received a qoute now of $18,900. He told me the car is in high demand and summer is approaching. I then walked out not too happy. I called up other dealers and was quoted around the same price except for one. Hillsde Honda gave me a quote of $18,300 with des chg. This Saturday I have an appt. I will fill you in.
  • inky4inky4 Member Posts: 238
    One dealer I have used in the past in North Central OK on their web site is $1400 under sticker on all EX autos every day. That is not bad.
    INKY
    I finally purchased my CRV 2WD for $18,300 with destination charge and they threw in a cargo net. Everything else was extra. I bought it at South Shore Honda in Long Island, NY. They were the only dealer who had this particular car model in stock. After I finalized everything, they take you in another room to convince you to buy extras including the extended warranty. They tried to persuade me by giving me package deals after I refused everything.
  • jbxiejbxie Member Posts: 1
    I am in the market for a CRV-LX 2WD, anyone knows the best dealer in NC area to get the best deal ?
  • vmerrimanvmerriman Member Posts: 1
    My boyfriend and I are now proud owners of a new CRV, and got a really good deal after combing this site, talking to a few different dealers, and being prepared. Here's what we paid. . .

Base price: $20,690
    Destination: $460
    Extended warranty: $1180

Total: 22,330

+ Mass sales tax, doc fee of $150, and registration.

The dealer started by offering MSRP. We presented an internet offer from another dealership for 21,360 which included destination. He agreed to match that price but REFUSED to go lower, just trying to wear us out. We played it cool and a couple hours later he asked if we'd consider 21,200. We agreed we'd leave and have dinner to think it over if we could not get him down to 21,100. . . so we got up to go and then he started bringing out the "extras". . . We were interested in the warranty anyway so negotiated that down from $1880 to $1180 and the base price down to 21,150. All financed at 4.2% (also had to do some haggling for that).

All told we spent 5 hrs. at the dealership but got exactly what we wanted, at a price we're happy with, on a vehicle that's hard to find in this area.
  • chowdchowd Member Posts: 1
    I have the best price on my 2003 lx 2wd with front mud guards and keyless entry from Curry Honda internet sales. my drive out price is less than 19,000. check the quote from Curry before you buy it if you live in south or like to drive two hours like me. I am just a new CRV owner and have nothing to do with Curry Honda.
  • chicubs23chicubs23 Member Posts: 2
    vmerriman,

Sounds like a good deal...which dealer did you buy from?
  • jcvddjcvdd Member Posts: 1
    Hello-
    Purchased Honda Cr-V LX from South Honda Motors in Miami with following breakdown-
    Delivered price of unit 17,912.42
    Waste fee 6.50
    Dealer fee 499.00
    taxes 1155.08
    transfer of tag 127.00 TOTAL OUT THE DOOR $ 19700.00

I hope the information helps-