Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rth121rth121 Member Posts: 4
    Replying to myself, made some internet eprice/quotes and best I was able to get for a 2012 Honda CR-V EX AWD was around $27,700 OTD. Northern California.

Asking price: $25,491 + tax.

Anyone think any Honda dealer would do $26,500-$27,000 OTD?
  • steph1122steph1122 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to buy the 2WD 2012 EX-L version of the CR-V in Texas. My sales tax rate is 7% where I live and was wondering what would be considered a good OTD price for this car? I have gotten quotes for OTD for around @ 29K. I think I can do better, but wanted to make sure I wasn't just being hopeful. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
  • lapepperlapepper Member Posts: 3
    Chris, does the price of $20,912.57 include destination fee? If yes, I would like to buy one too. :)
  • cboothe70cboothe70 Member Posts: 19
    That price included the destination fee.

Chris
    thanks! WOW, great deal. It's even worth to drive there from New Orleans. :)))
  • kmoran1kmoran1 Member Posts: 1
    Chris, would you share the name of the dealership? Thanks!
  • cboothe70cboothe70 Member Posts: 19
    Lucas Honda on Blanding. See post 11247 for details.

Chris
  • ksayersksayers Member Posts: 59
    Check truecar.com for pricing
  • euonymuseuonymus Member Posts: 1
    options:
    body side molding
    rear back up sensors

OTD $27,843 Does anyone know if this great, good, or average deal?
  • deedeecdeedeec Member Posts: 3
    I am in the middle of negotiations on a CR-V ELX with Nav. Are you saying you paid 27,483 OTD and this vehicle has TV but not Nav, right? This dealer so far does not want to budge at over $29,000 and that is not including taxes, title. I'm figuring we should be able to get it for $28,200.
    I am in Citrus County Florida and have been negotiating on a Honda CRV-EXL with Nav. I don't want to pay more than $28,200 plus taxes and title. As of now they want $29,800 and would not budge so we walked. There is possibly a trade in involved which they have agreed to pay a fair price on, $1,000 below what Edmuns.com, Kelly Blue Book and one other site gave as a trade in price. Any thoughts from someone that has purchased this same vehicle and what price did you pay?
  • jan2012jan2012 Member Posts: 2
    Not sure where you're located but I'm in central CT and just received an email from a dealership offering the 2012 CRV AWD EX-L w/RES for $26,800 before tax, title etc. The name of the dealership is Schaller Honda and is located in New Britain, CT. Hope this helps with negotiating a price in your area.
  • meridagalmeridagal Member Posts: 2
    Before I sign on the dotted line, I want to find out if y'all think this is a good deal. 2012 CR-V LX 2wd for $24,775 - OTD. This includes the dealer adding after market leather. I don't care about sunroof and the rest of the bells and whistles, but I wanted leather. They will also give me $3K for my 2003 maxima with 197K, so after trade I will be paying $21,775 OTD. How much more do you think I can get off the OTD price of $24,775 before factoring in my trade?

I'm in Houston, TX
  • 2012crv2012crv Member Posts: 4
    In Mass, CRV AWD EX-L w/NAV quoted/purchased $27,800 including dest + $299 doc fee, before introduced trade. Not exact same vehicle but close enough to +/- option differences.
  • 2012crv2012crv Member Posts: 4
    You sure that includes destination charge ?
  • xicanoxicano Member Posts: 8
    Just bought a CRV EX OTD for 26750. Good deal?
  • jimdrewjimdrew Member Posts: 84
    Best I could do was $27700.00 OTD with CRV EXL with NAV. Decided to chqange directions and get the V6 Camry SE for the same price....wanted the V6 power....so that sounds like a super deal..
    edited May 2012
    I just got my CRV LX, silver/gray. I first wanted to follow Chris and buy from Jacksonville, FL, but hubby was against the idea, so we bought it from Baton Rouge Team Honda, an hour away from New Orleans (Couldn't get any decent offer from local). The price is $20905+ destination, tax, tag/license = $23816 OTD plus a cargo tray and chrome tip. Very nice service. They have quite some in stock.
  • meridagalmeridagal Member Posts: 2
    I'm in TX, too. We just bought our 2012 CRV EX-L 2WD (NO NAVI/RES) for $28,488.23 OTD, but we had a trade, and they actually gave us $1K more than the KBB value, so it was more like $27,488 OTD. Good luck!
    Thanks for your input! I did end up purchasing just what I wanted for the price I wanted. After dealing with Love Honda 1st, then Honda of Ocala (anyone looking in Ocala please don't use this dealer) we purchased from Ocean Honda in Port Richey, Florida. What a fast and easy transaction. Sounds like you got a very nice deal on yours.
  • hnshns Member Posts: 1
    What is the dealer name ?
  • hp2009hp2009 Member Posts: 65
    Hi,

i paid 2012 lx fwd with desti...22k plus ttl(which include tint,door edge,mud guard) in arizona and it has been fun to drive so far 70 highway /30 city...mpg 1st tank 29.5....

thanks
    hp
  • tegal3tegal3 Member Posts: 13
    Hi, my local dealer gave me a quote for Honda CR-V LX AWD no extra option for $23500 OTD. Is that a good price? Thank you.
  • yipman_styleyipman_style Member Posts: 10
    I'm getting this too, can someone confirm if this is good or not? Our TTL is different, what's your price of the car (only)?
  • practicalbuypracticalbuy Member Posts: 72
    edited May 2012
    It is definately better than the OTD price my dealer quoted for Honda CR-V LX AWD... which was around $24,995 OTD.

I ended up buying Toyota RAV4... because it had lot of rebates..

Your price of $23500 OTD definately seems much reasonable.
    That is how much my Toyota RAV4 cost me (including the awaited edmunds $750 rebate)
    Hi Yipman_Style, My price before TTL and the Add-Ons was 22093 using a USAA discount.
  • kappy11kappy11 Member Posts: 6
    Just bought CRV EXL 4WD ( Urban Titatium/Black Int.) in NJ on 5/28 for an internet price of $26,349.17. Price on vehicle's sticker was $29,325. My OTD cost = $28,581.11 and they threw in the all weather mats. Hopes this helps with your pricing.
  • prismaticprismatic Member Posts: 4
    Hi Kappy..
    That looks like a good deal. Do you mind sharing the dealer name? Was it thru costco auto program or just walk-in?

Thanks
  • lexus600lexus600 Member Posts: 4
    that car should b around 25k .
    Hi,
    could you please shed more lights? Where did you find EX-L 4WD for 25k?

Thanks,
  • normkolnormkol Member Posts: 135
    We bought the CRV EX-L at Staten Island Honda tonight. It will be my wife's car.

They don't have it, it should take about a week to get one.

Sticker was $29,325.

$27,200
    (8500) trade in 2006 Accord EX with a damaged front bumper
    298 doc fee
    199 prep, they wouldn't take it off
    1703.73 sales tax
    117.50 DMV processing fee

Total OTD, $21, 018. It would have been $29753 without the trade.

Their first offer was $29,000, off a sticker of $29, 325. I told them about the Open Road quote that Kappy11 got, and they immediately dropped over 2k.

Not the best price, but not bad. I preferred to buy on Staten Island as I do service my other Honda's there.
  • rvularvula Member Posts: 3
    I am also looking for CRV EXL 4WD. The best quote I got was 27, 379 +TTL. Could you please give us the dealership name in NJ?
  • practicalbuypracticalbuy Member Posts: 72
    May 31st... end of the month.. is actually a good day to get bargains...
    Many dealers are trying to reach their monthly sales target...

Enjoy your car buying experience...
  • zqlzql Member Posts: 1
    tegal3:
    Where did you get this price?
    NJ?
  • tegal3tegal3 Member Posts: 13
    North Carolina
    Paul Miller Honda in West Caldwell. Talk to Jose Velasquez
    Paul Miller in West Caldwell. Internet price. Make an offer on their website and they'll email you a quote. Dealt with Jose Velasquez once I went in there.
    Thank you so much Kappy.. will try them this week.
  • kcrossleykcrossley Member Posts: 182
    Has Honda EVER offered any rebates or special prices on the CRV? Also, does anyone have any insight on what the Honda June 2012 specials are going to be?
  • lexus600lexus600 Member Posts: 4
    back in january i got 24000+ tax and ttl , for ex awd, every dealer in ma.i endup got one from the one who is giving me wheel locks ,splash guard and winter mats for 24000,so there for , i think exl awd should b around 25k
  • cyrus8cyrus8 Member Posts: 1
    We purchased a CRV 2012, EXL, AWD from Frank Kent Honda in Fort Worth, Texas yesterday.
    Our shopping experience with them was smooth and painless. Our salesman, Forest was courteous, honest, professional and quite knowledgeable who made the whole process pleasant and enjoyable for us. We drove almost 70 miles from Plano to get the deal that we negotiated online. The finance department was also very helpful for getting the best interest rate for the finance. Our OTD price with tint, splashguard, pinstripe, cargo mat plus TTL was $ 29,500.
    glad I could help
  • tennis2469tennis2469 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    Hi everyone, I'm in atlanta metro, looking for 2f wheel drive crv ex model. not sure what is the best out the door price is best. please advise.
    Hi Tennis2469, Best I could do in Southern California on an EX was 26740 OTD. This included some unwanted add-ons, (Cargo tray, all weather mats, scotch guards on seats, and paint protection) which were $1000 included in the OTD price. Price before TTL and addons was 22093 (using USAA pricing).
  • aatwraaatwra Member Posts: 1
    Hey Kappy,

Can you tell whether you traded in or whether there were any other parts of the deal?

This is a fantastic price.
    Regards,
    AtWra
  • contactnycontactny Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2012
    I paid 28,800 cash OTD (all fees, taxes included in that price) for a 2012 CR-V EX AWD. No trade-in. Dealership: Stockton 12 Honda, Sandy, Utah. Did I receive a fair price?
  • chinita78chinita78 Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2012
    We purchased a CR-V with Navi
    Including a
    factory spoiler
    All weather matts
    Wheel locks
    LoJack lifetime warranty
    Anti theft protection warranty 5 yrs $25,000.
    7 yr- 80,000 mile Honda care
    All for $33,200 OTD
    Is this a good deal?
    The Paul Miller Honda price was an internet quote, which did not change whether I traded in or not. The deal was cut and dry..no haggling at all. Because I financed $7500, they threw in the all weather mats. I couldn't believe the price either!! I couldn't find another deal within $800 of their number.
    I paid 28,581.11 OTD for 2012 CR-V EX-L 4WD
  • puchoo15puchoo15 Member Posts: 1
    My final price for 2012 Honda CR-V LX 2WD was $23150, including taxes, fees, everything. I got it from Nalley Honda, Atlanta GA.
    Initially they quoted $24700 with all unwanted add-ons (Cargo tray, splash guards, wheel locks, and paint protection). I just kept splash guards and wheel locks finally, plus negotiated a lot to get the price down.
    I suggest getting internet quotes from dealers around the city. Dealerships match or can beat the price offered by others.