Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    oshuklaoshukla Member Posts: 3
    Hi
    All

I have been monitoring this website for a long time and recently did purchase the CRV EX 4WD. After looking at all the price mentioned here from various dealers across the country, I can say that there are lot of good and misleading information here. To be honest, I tried emailing many of the dealers mentioned here who offered great discount but to my surprise many of them quoted a more realistic price. For most of the Honda CRV models, the price could be below MSRP by about 2K to 2.5K max. I bought my Honda from suburbs of Chicago, and finally purchased it from Brilliance Honda Crystal Lake. I would say most dealers were close to each other in their price quote but I made my decision based on their review.
    The buying experience does matter a lot.

MSRP: 26,625
    Sale Price: 24,425
    Accessories: 198 (Mud guard, Back Tray and Wheel Lock)
    Documentation Fee: 161
    Taxes: 1700 approx (7.00%)
    Online registration fee: 25
    License and tile: 194

Chicago Area: I could mention that some of the dealers that I dealt with were Valley Honda (Good one), Brilliance Honda (Good), Honda City (Chicag0) and are good with their online quote, professional and courteous

Hope this information is helpful. Most dealer where indifferent to cash purchase or finance as that is provided by the finance arm.
  • Options
    laura56laura56 Member Posts: 1
    A week and a half ago I bought my CR V 5DR 2WD LX GRAY 2012 at Frisco Texas David McDavid dealer the salesperson was Lou Brockman.

Car price $ 20885

Deliver & handling $ 830

dealer installed acces $ 885 (window tint,trunk mat,wheel locks,painted stripes, door protectors)

I paid leather $ 1899 (included insur. for leather int/ext proteccion for 6 years)

Taxes 6.5% $ 1531.19

Document fee $ 180

other fees $ 175

total out the door $26.385.00

I hope this will help you">
  • Options
    neubiecrvneubiecrv Member Posts: 3
    Bought new CRV EX AWD last week. My OTD price through emails and even on the paperwork signed was $27,266 (a few other dealers offered a $100 less, but this dealer was less than an 1/4 mile from my job, so I bought from them for convenience. I go in thinking all I need to do is sign and go. No, they still made me sit through two sales womens' talk about accessories and vehicle protection after I told the sales man through emails, I don't want any Extras!! I go ahead and get the paint protection, rust protection and a couple of other things along with a chrome exhaust tip and remote engine start and alarm system. This package cost $1,718.00 with lifetime warranties with damages due to environmental causes only. After reviewing after market cost for remote engine start and the other items I feel the most this should cost is $600.00 Is there anyway to get them to add more accessories such as splash guards or even mats to make this amount of money make sense? I had turned their offers down 3 times before even getting this price. Please help if you can! BTW - I LOVE THIS CAR. Great choice for me. Thanks for any suggestions.
  • Options
    honda_crvvvhonda_crvvv Member Posts: 8
    Thanks a lot Laura for sharing the information. Really appreciate it.
  • Options
    practicalbuypracticalbuy Member Posts: 72
    Congratulations on your CRV purchase

Probably try asking them for lifetime of FREE oil change...

Enjoy your new car :)
  • Options
    raejune21raejune21 Member Posts: 6
    I've been trying to find a good deal in the Seattle area but no luck so far.
    Here are the OTD prices I received.
    CR-V AWD EXL: $31,323.18
    CR-V AWD EX: $28599
    The sales persons told me that the supply and demand on CR-V is high. Not much room to move on discounts.........and no factory incentives. Is that true?
    Does anybody know of any dealers in Seattle who would offer good price? I'm also willing to travel around Washington to find the best deal.
    Do you think I could get a good deal on the 2012 CR-V once 2013 is on the market?
  • Options
    judngjudng Member Posts: 1
    i bought my CRV 2012 EX 2W last month, my OTD price was $ 25,650 ( CA tax 7.75%). I hope this information will help you.
  • Options
    popomama_guypopomama_guy Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    Hi, would you mind sharing the dealer information?
    Thanks.
  • Options
    toyputoypu Member Posts: 1
    What dealer did you buy from in the DC area?
  • Options
    I think this price is good. I just wish I could get this deal as well. :(
  • Options
    loudbombloudbomb Member Posts: 1
    OTD price = $27,839
  • Options
    dodgerdealdodgerdeal Member Posts: 21
    Purchased a LX 2WD in Lewisville for $21,400 plus tt&l and doc fee including dealer adds in July.
  • Options
    pubudupubudu Member Posts: 23
    This is too much. lI saw couple of deals ~ 26k for EX on seattle honda web site. I am plnning to buy in Seattle too since its expensive in Oregon. I dont have tax but prices are still higher than seattle.
  • Options
    What is the dealership name ?
  • Options
    engp7836engp7836 Member Posts: 2
    Oshukla,

Thanks for sharing the information. Went to buy a 2012 CR-V EX at Brilliance last Friday based upon the pricing information provided. Two people at Brilliance with whom I worked were Bob and Evan and they were quite friendly. Weren't too happy with the price they offered for my trade-in but i didn't fight really hard either since I thought I got a good deal on the new one. A good thing was I did my homework with the financing before I went down there and got a pretty good deal on the financing from them as well. Overall it was a good experience.

engp7836
  • Options
    Hi,
    Where did you buy it ? How much was it ? Any accessories added ?

thanks,
    Pubudu
  • Options
    bemho1bemho1 Member Posts: 1
    Purchased a CRV-EX on Saturday in the Boston area was quoted through emails MSRP $26,675
    Honda North Danvers internet price was $25,482 Honda Gallery in Reading quoted $24,675 . Traded a 2003 Accord 102,000 miles funny how they both intially offered $4k for trade both increased to $6k Honda Gallery got the sale as they also offered a factory car starter also. Only other charges were state tax on $18675($1170 approx) dealer prep $375 and $100 registration transfer. So with the trade the OTD cost was $20320 .
  • Options
    neubiecrvneubiecrv Member Posts: 3
    Thank you! Actually the lifetime oil change was part of the OTD price offer before I even bought. The other dealers offered 1 free oil change.
    I will just leave it alone. I will just be aware that I have this lifetime paint protection, which they assured that I only need to wash and go with no waxing ever. Rust and corrosion protection which also supposedly deadens noise from the road, fabric protection 5 year warranty. This included the keyless entry alarm and remote start. I guess I paid for the labor. I did buy all season mats from Amazon which were cheaper than dealer price.

Thanks,
  • Options
    dodgerdeal - Thanks a lot for sharing the information. Appreciate your response.
  • Options
    Can you please let me know how much was the total OTD? The price seems very reasonable to me in Dallas area. It would be great if you can provide name of the person to contact too.
    Thanks again.
  • Options
    engp7836engp7836 Member Posts: 2
    Bought it from Brilliance Crystal Lake. The OTD was about 26,7xx with protection package and all season matts. I also bought 8 yrs/75,000 miles bumper to bumper waranty for 1325. Hope it helps.
  • Options
    gordonsmith1gordonsmith1 Member Posts: 1
    Buyers Beware!!

After emailing them for a price quote, I was constantly getting calls from this place. Aftering confirming the price on the phone 3 times with the manager (he has the name of a holiday). I drove 45 miles to their place and met the manager. He told a salesman to take us to a waiting area and he will prepare the contract. Later a person identified himself as the general manager came over with a contract. As to my surprise the contract was $2,000 over our telephone agreed price. The general manager said there is no way he can sell the car at the agreed price. I then asked why they have to lied over the phone just to get me into their dealership. He then said he has not agreed on the price with me personally. I got up and left that place and I told him their business tactic will be disclosed on the internet anyway I can.... So buyers beware!!!

Anyone can think of where I can further report this kind of business tactic, please reply with a post.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    You can submit a dealership review, here:

Dealer Ratings and Reviews

Search for the dealer first, then you can enter your review.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    jatanjatan Member Posts: 92
    Theres also Google reviews, Yelp, and Dealer Rater
  • Options
    I did couple of recent bids based on kbb and they all agreed although their initial price quote is high. So go based on KBB. I did not purchase since I dont find red color. May have to stay until 2013.
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing this information with me.
    Please let me know if you are able to get a good deal for CR-V EX or EXL?
    I, unfortunately, haven't received any good deal so far in Seattle area. :cry:
  • Options
    dodgerdealdodgerdeal Member Posts: 21
    23K OTD. Original quote was for 23.3K, but I got it down. Contact their internet sales. You have to make sure they have some in stock. When I went there, I got the last one at the time.
  • Options
    Thanks a lot for the response. I will check with them to see if they have any in stock. Thanks again.
  • Options
    today I got a quote from Honda Seattle for $ 25730 for EX 4WD. I will buy it in POrtland most likelt since I got slightly lower.
  • Options
    verinoxverinox Member Posts: 76
    I emailed all of the Honda dealers in the Cleveland, OH area for a quote on a 2012 CR-V EX AWD. Lowest quote I got back was 24,748 + tax, title, $250 doc fee. Preferred dealer matched the quote. Not too shabby for a few emails.
  • Options
    rpram1rpram1 Member Posts: 18
    I have this offer;
    2012 AWD EXL with Navigation- plus All Season Mats, Trunk Tray, Auto Dimming Mirror and Splash Guards
    $29,990 in KC.
    Any thoughts on that???
  • Options
    pepeyapepeya Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2012
    about a month ago
    a dealer offered $28500 OTD for 2012 awd exl with nav in SC. The color was green,
  • Options
    csg3csg3 Member Posts: 7
    Who was the dealer in South Carolina? Any contact name?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    winter2winter2 Member Posts: 1,801
    I realize that what I am about to ask is somewhat out of line with this blog, but here goes.

Before this month is over, I intend to replace my wife's fourteen year old Chrysler Concorde. I have come down to either a Honda CR-V EX with AWD or a Subaru Outback. Which one would you chose and why.

I have spoken to several independent auto repair shops and all prefer the Honda.

Thank you in advance.
  • Options
    kevin99208kevin99208 Member Posts: 6
    I had the same concern as you 2-3 months ago and did a lot of searching in different auto forums. Finally, I got a 2012 CRV LX 2WD in MD, just because it's reliable, good gas mileage, good resale value and easy to drive for my wife. So far, love it. I mean Outback is also very good car. Just get the one that fits your need. Good Luck.
  • Options
    practicalbuypracticalbuy Member Posts: 72
    Honda or Subaru?

We too were looking at Subaru and Honda (ended up buying Toyata RAV4 because of closeout rebates)

They are all good cars, with great ratings. I have even heard that Subaru vehicles can go on ice and sleet. Check around to see if there is a Subaru dealer nearby for after sales service like oil change etc. etc.

In my opinion there are not many Subaru dealers around for after sales service.

Honda and Toyota dealers are easily available. Hope this helps :)
  • Options
    newcarbuyer5anewcarbuyer5a Member Posts: 5
    Hi all, I'm getting a quote of 23,550 (incl. the 830 destination fee) for new CR-V AWD 2012 from Hillside Honda in Jamaica, Queens NY. How reasonable is this quote? Edmunds.com says dealer invoice is 22,303 + 830 destination for total of 23,133. Apparently true dealer cost is at least 3% below the invoice price. How much have people been paying for this in the NYC area? Can I successfully get a deal for close to invoice price?
    Thanks
  • Options
    fjs0808fjs0808 Member Posts: 6
    Looking in the Orlando are yesterday 09/07/2012. Love the car... price for an EX-L A5 (not sure that A5 means) is 31+ sticker.
    No Navigation package in it. Was told that would be 2k extra. Also was told this is a 2102 and that there are no 2013's in sight, that Honda doesn't come out w them in the fall. Went on web last nite and saw them on the Honda web site???
    Trading in a car. Their offer was literally 1/2 of KBB lowest "trade in value" for our car.
    Only offer is the tiny bit on our trade. Not coming off sticker at all.
    They are actually pushing lease vs buy.
    Thoughts??
  • Options
    katrinammkatrinamm Member Posts: 1
    I'm shopping for a CR-V EX in California (Bay Area), and the local dealer originally told me that 2013 models wouldn't be in until winter/spring, because the car was redesigned for 2012. My online research indicated they'd be out within a couple of weeks, so I called back. First I was told it was untrue, that 2013s weren't being built yet. Then they checked their system and "discovered" that the specific color I wanted is scheduled to arrive in early October. No decent response when I suggested that 2012 models should be discounted beyond the $24,770 they presented as the sale price -- just a sarcastic suggestion that I wait for the 2014 to come out.

I'd prefer to buy from the local dealership, but am disgusted by all the lies...
  • Options
    2013 is now available in HOnda site. so it would come out soon.
  • Options
    I agree. Went to 3 different on line sites to determine a "trade in" value for my car I'm trading in. They all were within $ 1000 of each other. Dealer wants to give me 50% of that w excuses why they aren't accurate!!!
    Thanks for the note.
  • Options
    Dont go with lease unless you want to swap vehicles every few years . . . you will lose money otherwise . . . dealer get more money . . .
  • Options
    I've never understood the financial dynamics of lease vs buy other than it is lots cheaper to lease... at least it seems that way.
  • Options
    steve452steve452 Member Posts: 4
    Getting 2012 Honda CRV LX 2WD for about 22,500 OTD; no options or dealer installed accessories.

Price 21,754 [incl 499 doc]
    Other 90
    Tax 655

Two dealers, one in VA, one in NC

Any good at this time of year? Thanks.
  • Options
    Finally pulled the trigger. Got a 2012 CR-V AWD (several dealers told me that 2WDs are not shipped to the northeast due to much higher AWD demand and for "weather" reasons; dont know how true that is, but i heard it from several folks). The lowest haggled price from another dealer was 22,234 (not including destination of 830; invoice is 22,303; internet price was 22,700 and then he agreed to take another 500 off).
    Then I discovered the BJ's Auto Buyer Program (similar to Costco's and AAA's). For my zipcode (Queens, NY), the deal with BJ's is invoice - $150, or 22153 (not incl 830 destination). A dealer on Long Island agreed to this which I think is pretty fair. Apparently this same deal even a few months ago was invoice + 500, so getting it for invoice-150 is good (prob due to year-end clearance). I sprang another 1025 for th 7 yr warranty extension. destination of 830 + 2090 tax (8.875%) + ~120 for DMV stuff (I transferred the plate and registration from my 2010 leased honda civic - so this saved me 200 or so) + 12.50 recycling fee. total OTD = ~26,300 or so. I put down 2000 and financed the rest (got 3.9% for 72 months) putting my payments at ~ 370/month (I plan to pay it off quickly making extra payments). So while its debatable as to the utility of the 7 yr extension of the warranty, all in all, I think that's a pretty good deal considering that I didnt have to haggle at all.
    So I would highly recommend getting a BJ's or Costco's membership (starts at 75 bucks or so per year) and then do your shopping. Some discounts that I saw for other cars were in the tune of invoice - 2500 to 3000! so definitely worth it. I'm very happy with my purchase and deal.
  • Options
    steve452steve452 Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2012
    Was this for LX 4WD?

Same dealers are offering LX 4WD at 23,400 OTD. This includes about 500 in doc fees, etc and 3% tax.

Did you get extended warranty from dealer or online? Presume this is honda care? Thanks.
  • Options
    Finally bought a CRV EX for a total price of $25,154.15 OTD from Bankston Honda in Lewisville, TX. They did not have any LX models, so had to go with EX.
  • Options
    Yup AWD - cant get the 2WD in NYC or anywhere else in the northeast apparently.
    Wow 23,400 OTD for an LX is quite the price break. I would LOVE to have 3% tax!!!! In NYC, its 8.875%. Just get all the details upfront. This seems much too good to be true. Does this include the 830 destination? at the OTD price you've quoted, the car would then have to be sold at ~ 21k or so, which is dangerously close to the dealer price (might even be below it). Also, is this for the 2WD or AWD? seems like this might be for the 2WD...
    The extended warranty is Honda Care and I got it from the dealer for at cost of 1025. So this extends the 3 yr/36k to 7 yr/70k (I forget what the mileage is). It made the difference of 16 bucks so I figured what the heck.
  • Options
    prashanthkumarprashanthkumar Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

Congratulations. You got very good deal. I am also planning to buy EX-L or EX-L with Nav today or tommorow from the Lewisville TX dealer.

I am poor at negotiation. If you any suggestions, please let me know