Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• newcarbuyer5anewcarbuyer5a Member Posts: 5
    My only recommendation would be to get on an Auto Buyer program for a wholesale/bulk buying store like BJ's or Costco. Depending on your location, you could then get significant discounts (mine was invoice - $150). for BJ's, you dont necessarily have to even be a member to see what the discounted price would be. Best of luck.
  • ragraveragrave Member Posts: 1
    Anyone has idea when will 2013 come out?
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    I was told end of Oct. I plan on buying a 2013. I had quotes of 500 to 800 below on the 2012' s I dont keep my cars more than 5 yrs. IF i could of got a 2012 crv for 1500 to 2000 below invoice i might have consider buying a late year end model other wise it dont make sense financially.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• pubudupubudu Member Posts: 23
    Where are you ? You got the prices below 2012 model ? Thats strange.....
    thanks,
    Pubudu
  • steve452steve452 Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2012
    Price is for new 2012 LX and includes 830 dest and 499 doc fees. So 23,400 OTD for new 2012 CRV LX 2WD [incl 830 dest, 499 doc, and tax 3%].

Drove a couple of LX and EX models and couple, at least it seemed to me, had steering wheel slightly off center, i.e. going on straight road it seemed had to steer a bit to the left. Very slight and most folks probably would not notice.

Any one else notice same and would this be tire alignment issue or need to adjust steering wheel or something else?

Longer we wait the less choice in colors and hard to get LX 2wd.

For Honda Care it seems Saccucci gies better price then Bernardi. $300 less for D78 84months/80k.

Any other place anyone could suggest? Thanks.
  • reymanoreymano Member Posts: 5
    Bought a CRV EX from David McDavid in Irving with some accessories: Splash Guards, Wheel Locks, All Season Mats, Cargo Tray, Cargo Net, Front Side Window Tint, Paint/Fabric Protection. Had a trade-in as well, so the vehicle price before trade-in would be $25,460. An earlier worksheet had the accessories itemized, so if I removed those listed prices, then the base EX 2WD could have been $22,800.

Good Luck
  • honda_crvvvhonda_crvvv Member Posts: 8
    Sorry for the late reply... even I am not good at negotiating... the dealer was not willing to knock off even the $154 to make it $25K even... not sure maybe I should have threatened to walk out... as I said I am not good at negotiating either... thanks to the forum.. atleast we know what others are paying... that will make life a little bit easier.. knowing how much we can pay for the vehicle... I went into the dealership to get a LX for $23K but since they didn't have any more LX's... I have to go for the EX... I was not sure of the price of an EX from this dealership... but thought maybe a couple of thousand more than LX was reasonable and went with it... hope it was a good deal...

Good luck with your purchase !!!
  • steve452steve452 Member Posts: 4
    Sorry, just realized typo.

It's 23,400 OTD [499 doc, small misc fees, 3% tax] for new 2012 LX 4WD

It's 22,500 OTD [499 doc, small misc fees, 3% tax] for new 2012 LX 2WD

Anyone else experience off center steering wheel?
    Caused by tire alignment or what?

Thanks!!
  • dp_crvdp_crv Member Posts: 23
    What is the best price for a 2012 CRV ex 2 wheel drive in dfw area? Please post the price excluding TTL. Any dealer who is giving good deals. I am in the market looking for CRV ex.
  • delaolivadelaoliva Member Posts: 1
    I got an OTD price of $28,365 for a 2012 Honda CRV EX-L FWD. I can't figure out if this is a good price or not, I'm paying cash with no trade in......can someone please advise?
  • leslie87leslie87 Member Posts: 2
    I live in Cincinnati and have a price OTD for a 2012 CRV EX AWD that I'm going to purchase this Friday. The OTD price right now is $24,900. Hope this helps...Anyone get anything better?
    I got the quote for OTD price for CRV EX 2wd for 25k in DFW area.
  • foxbeautyfoxbeauty Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2012
    Got an OTD quote $ 27500.00 for 2013 EX , Basque Red Pearl with gray interior.
    I wonder if this is a good deal.
    Any response is appreciated.
    Thank you.
  • wilguy8wilguy8 Member Posts: 5
    Which dealer is that?
  • fjs0808fjs0808 Member Posts: 6
    Talking to a HUGE local dealer in our area. They have a bunch of stores all over the state.
    Relayed to the dealer what we want. Said he can get it from another of their shos... BUT he wants us to put $$ down and sign a purchase agreement.. .sight unseen. I've seen these agreements. Written by the dealer, they obviously are weighed toward the dealer. Is this commonplace??? I've never run into this before, but usually I buy something off the lot.
    Thx.
    Frank Kent in Fort Worth.
  • mask2mask2 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2012
    Recently purchased a 2012 CRV LX AWD in Philadelphia for $22,600 (incl. destination fee) plus taxes, name plates and doc fee ($108).
  • speedyturtlespeedyturtle Member Posts: 1
    CRV = ($26885 + Title+Doc+ Tax + 3 oil changes)
    Trade 2009 honda Fit in for $9285 its at 54,000 miles
    OTD = $19k

Is this a deal? Did I do ok?
  • wilguy8wilguy8 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks.
  • ramohioramohio Member Posts: 15
    Looks like a really good deal.
    I live in columbus and I got a quote for a new 2012 Honda CR-V EX AWD for $24,890 plus TTL. This is lower than all the other dealers.
  • leslie87leslie87 Member Posts: 2
    Well come down to Cincinnati and buy it then. The $24,900 is the EX AWD out the door with TTL. I'm purchasing it at Jeff Wyler Honda on Colerain Ave. Kings Honda off the Fields Ertel exit was also willing to do this. I just taking my lowest offer and passing it around. They didn't seem that happy to be doing it, but they are going to so they don't lose the sale.
    Just want to clarity that I posted that 2012 CRV EX quote for 25K OTD in Dallas in my previous posts.

After talking to Frank Kent dealer in Fort Worth, I realised that this quote was excluding TTL.

So revised quote is 25k + TTL.

I finally purchased a 2012 Accord LX and dropped CRV since it is getting expensive for entry type SUV.

Please see my positing for accord in accord forum.
  • carbuy5carbuy5 Member Posts: 1
    I paid $21700 for a 2012 Honda CRV LX 2WD. The only other adds were a $150 doc fee and 7% sales tax. Also got 2.6%/60 months financing from a bank. The dealer threw in window tinting as they could not get me the color I wanted. Is that a good deal
    I think you got good deal in today's market.
    well, that is a great deal! Cinci is cheaper. I will try to get to Cinci... Good luck 2u
  • techmom13techmom13 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I got a quote for $25620 in CA but not including tax, license and fees. Which dealer did you go to? Thanks
    This is kind of same prince (4Wd EX) in Oregon which I dont have to pay taxes. I purchased 2013 model for 26k (with DMV fees).
  • garysblimgarysblim Member Posts: 2
    I got a quote for 2012 CRV EX for 24k in NJ. Is this ok? It doesn't include tax, title and doc fee.
    I think yes, its below invoice price.
    I got the price of 26k + DMV fees for the same model/color in Oregon. So I think your price is higher since you have to may taxes as well. I do not have sales tax in oregon.
  • foxbeautyfoxbeauty Member Posts: 3
    Do you mind sharing dealership info?
    Thanks
    Sure, Larry Miller Honda, Hillsboro. I worked with David and he is very nice guy. My vehicle is with door edge guards and some thing else which I dont know. Its pre ordered and I may be able to collect it next week.
    Got low price $24,975 plus TTL on brand new 2013 EX AWD right off the truck. MSRP $26,875 which is $200 more than the 2012 model. So I decided to go for the 2013 instead of purchasing a 2012 model for a few hundred less. Anyway, very pleased with my purchase and buying experience. This vehicle is huge improvement over the previous generation model. So smooth, quiet, and easy to drive....great fuel economy and great technology in dash. Impressive!
    Where is this location ?
    Central Ohio close to where the CRV factory is located
    wow, that's a great deal may be they don't have to pay shipping and handling there . . . . .
  • jkcar2jkcar2 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2012
    2012 Honda CRV LX AWD for $24,800 out the door from Millenium Honda in NY. Long Island tax is 8.625%.
    Tax is approximately $2000
    DMV and other fees are approximately : $400

Is it a good deal?
  • mw215mw215 Member Posts: 2
    Hey guys,

Looking to make a purchase on a 2013 CR-V EX-L AWD with Navi. I was quoted $31,586 OTD (tax, dest, and tag included in price). Is this a good price?
  • mw215mw215 Member Posts: 2
    Just wanted to follow up. Price of the car without tax, tags and destination - $29,045. Good price?
  • raejune21raejune21 Member Posts: 6
    The pricing I got is $28050 for EXL without Navi before tax, tags and destination.
  • g40txg40tx Member Posts: 4
    Got the last 2012 CRV LX last month at $21,900 including destination charges. OTD was $23,900 here in Houston TX. Love the quick acceleration, all included technology gadgets and the car like driving.
  • jkcar2jkcar2 Member Posts: 2
    Is that FWD or 4WD?
  • g40txg40tx Member Posts: 4
    It is FWD.
  • sudhand72sudhand72 Member Posts: 3
    Freeman Honda offers for 2013 crv ex-l with nav for $27900+TTL....try it out...also check if destination charge is added...these dealers add again and again..$830.00...Try it out and let me know...I am also looking for 2013 CRV-EX-L with Nav...
  • mechaeyemechaeye Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2012
    Purchased 2013 CRV EX AWD for 27000/- OTD includes alloy wheels and mud guard accessories. Is it good price ?
    I purchased the same in OR for 26k + dmv fees with door edge guards installed. I think its expensive especially since you have to pay sales tax. OR does not have sales tax.
  • mechaeyemechaeye Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2012
    Price I paid includes 6% MD Tax, destination charge (830), TTL and doc fees. Price with just the destination charge was 25K
    wow, that's very good then, you have got it below invoice price.
    Hi,
    Is there anyone who knows about the crv 2012 and 2013 roof rails whether they are the same ? I think it is but need to make sure. I bought a pair online (still in transit) but need to make sure they are compatible.

thanks,
    Pubudu