Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ben_nben_n Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for your help, Brian. A quick follow up - how quickly does Pen fed respond to the auto loan application? As I am not active military, I'll have to pay for the $25 membership before I can even apply online for the auto loan. As I am planning to buy this week, just wanted to make sure the turn-around time after I submit my auto loan application online...do I get the decision in real time as soon as I submit it.
    Thanks again.
    Ben
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited December 2012
    Ben
    i plan on using them next month. i would think a week at best is all they need to approve. i used Capital one auto 2 yrs ago and they approved me in 24 hrs. but there rates are not good right now... just double check that there is No penalty for pre payment. God only knows with these Clowns that are running the gov't... What changes are comming down the road.

Note... Try to purchase the last days of any month or a quarters End . Buyers tend to make there best deals due to dealerships selling quota' s....

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• ben_nben_n Member Posts: 6
    Many thanks, Brian. Happy new year!
  • njcrv2njcrv2 Member Posts: 7
    I got my CR-V LX AWD this afternoon with a OTD closed to $25000. This morning I contact 15 dealer no body welling to give me a price 500-1000 lower than invoice. My advise try PaulMiller first or wait until July or any big holiday in order to get a big saving. Thank Brian.
  • sambesambe Member Posts: 6
    Hello Antons911 -
    That is exactly the model that I am looking for. Would you mind sharing the dealer and sales person that you got the deal from.
  • pjperez20pjperez20 Member Posts: 1
    I'm in NY, Dealer in NJ:
    29232 OTD
    25475 EX AWD
    300 plates 
    1721.85 tax
    299 doc fee 
    Accessories
    splash guard $146.00
    wheel locks $76.00
    cargo tray $124.50
    nitro $61.95
    roof rack ( roof rails ) $554.00
    bike rack $263
    cross bars $249

I don't need any of the accessories but was told except for bike rack and cargo tray, they come with the car. Was also told $300 doc fee is required from all customers.
  • cft13cft13 Member Posts: 8
    I financed through the Honda dealership and do not see a bank or anything listed on the paperwork.
    Here is the deal I got yesterday.... it may not be a deal, but after researching and hanging in dealerships for three weeks, I was worn down!
    CRV EXL no navi/no res:
    Cash Price of Car: 27,860
    Admin fee: 489.95
    Taxes: 2159.50
    Total: 30,549.45
    The only accessory was splash guards.
    Johnson City Honda, Johnson City, TN
    It ended up at 1.69% for 66 mos.
    Thank you for all the advice given! It really helped me!
    Now that I have purchased a 2013 CRV, I am looking for a used CRV for my son.
    There are several 2010 EXL's being traded in.
    What would be a fair price for a low mileage 2010 CRV EXL?
    How about a 2011?
    Any reason why you would get one over the other?
    edited January 2013
    I'm very surprised on your price. there are several people who paid below invoice in the NY// NJ area.. How are you at negotiating? Did you ask dealerships for price or did you buy like i posted. Autosport,, Hamillton Honda,, and DCH Old bridge in new jersey Not only matched Waymouth Honda quote they beat it. The best price around this area was 500 below invoice that i know of.. So if your telling me you called 15 dealers and invoice was the best price you could make then i would tell you... its a good deal. imagine how many people paid 500 to 1000 more than you did. Hopefully forum buyers will post there deals to help others..

I negotiated with four dealership through email, phone calls, and going into the dealership. The dealerships were selling alot of CRV's more than anything else that I saw being tagged.
  • bluechunksbluechunks Member Posts: 12
    Just wondering - some (if not all) dealerships around here are using tomorrow, Jan 2nd, as the last day of their sales month.

Someone mentioned that car companies don't like to end their month on a holiday.

Anyone know if this is the case with all US Honda dealerships?

Also - when it says specials end Jan 2nd.. does that mean at closing on Jan 2nd? Or EOD January 1st?

thanks,
    Andrew
    All dealerships,,, End of month and Quarter End of sales ended for them Dec,31 2012. Not after new year. Close of business day on Jan 2nd is when any offers or deals advertised ends.. Unless Honda is running some kind of promotion sales this month your best time to buy where you have the most leverage getting the best price is JAN, 31... THE LAST DAY OF THIS MONTH.

Brian

Brian, sorry did not make myself clear. Paul Miller NJ is the only one give me a price 500 below invoice. The rest of dealer told me impossible or "you are wasting your time". I am exhaust on dealing with those people. This month i will bring a friend to Paull Miller again because they promise me same price for me. Unless someone can give me a better suggestion. I believe i did jump into market at the right timing as forum told us,even I did not get the best offer.I am happy.Thank you Brian, you help me save at least $800 already.
    Enjoy your car. And the money you saved.. What was the dealers doc fee's?

Brian

• warwarawarwara Member Posts: 4
    Here is the deal we got on December 28th

2013 CR-V EX-L

$26662.00 with dest and doc fees included
    +CT% and reg fee

we did not finance with Honda since their % was outregeous, we got Ped fed @1.49 for 60 month, paid $15 to get their membership

thanks everyone for their posts!
  • aj82aj82 Member Posts: 3
    Bought a 2013 CRV EXL AWD - White diamond pearl/Beige for $28300 OTD in Ohio.

This forum was very very helpful in negotiating the OTD price. Thank you everyone for the posts and comments. Brian thank you for your negotiating insights.
  • prismaticprismatic Member Posts: 4
    That is a very good deal. Do you mind posting the dealer info? Here in NJ, they don't want to quote car price below $27400. OTD price is coming to 29.9k after all the dmv , doc and tax. I am looking to buy under 29k.
    Thanks
  • warwarawarwara Member Posts: 4
    Weymouth Honda in MA, no one in CT could beat their price
  • techie600techie600 Member Posts: 3
    This is the best deal I've seen so far for an EX-L AWD. Nice buy.
    Try Hillside Honda in Queens N.Y. What prices are you looking at in CT. Seems like the CRV are selling as low as 600 below dealers invoice to Invoice price in the new york/ new jersey metro area.. Try buying the last 2 days/ last day of this month if you could wait. Another big weekend is Presidents weekend in Feb. i have bought many cars on that weekend for myself as well as friends and family.. Your state has high Doc fee's or they call it something else,,,, A charge of $ 499... Correct me if i'm wrong. Buying at invoice price on a CRV is actually buying at 500 above dealers invoice with that charge. I would suggest making your best deal up in M.A. or in the metro area to save a few bucks .. Paul Miller Honda in New Jersey sold njc poster in this forum for 500 below dealers invoice. i posted a few other dealers that will sell at a good price check them out.

Brian

edited January 2013
    Warwara.............. Mis read your posting enjoy you new CRV. Post dealerships name, and his Out the door pricing ,,,, doc fee's, etc..

Brian

Warwara

please post the dealerships name and his doc fee's .. It cuts down on all the unnecessary posting in this forum.. you posted 2 or 3x without giving the most important info... .......... tks

FOLKS IF YOU ARE POSTING ON YOUR BUYING EXPERIENCE YOU MUST POST THIS INFO...

Name of dealership

Sale price of vehicle... you paid before taxes etc..

Any options in vehicle and prices you paid.

List Out the door prices... Doc fee's.. DMV, Your States taxes paid, etc

If you dont provide this info it leaves a big guessing game and alot of unnecessary posting

brian

• brady_njbrady_nj Member Posts: 3
    Can you post some more details of your purchase? Is there a specific person you dealt with, I am in the market for the same car (in NJ) and will go visit Paul Miller if I can get the same deal. I would just like to be armed with the right information.

Thanks in advance
    $22,011
    $830 destination
    $22,841 taxable amount
    $1,598.87 7% NJ Sales tax
    $299 doc fee
    $307 NJ Motor vehicle
    7.50 NJ Tire tax
    $25,053.37 is the total out the door.
    ( work harder you can knock off another couples hunderd).you can see internet sales manager Mike or sales consulant Frank) GOOD LUCK
  • cooper29cooper29 Member Posts: 1
    Was quoted $22,011 by Paul Miller Honda. They had doc fees of $299 which I objected to, but they insisted were non-negotiable. They took $100 off the price of the car instead of reducing the doc fees, so I paid the following:

Price $21,911.00
    Destination $790.00
    Tire Fee $7.50
    Sales Tax $1,501.57
    Reg/Title Fee $311.00
    Online Processing Fee $6.00
    Doc Fees $299.00
    OTD $24,826.07

They were very professional and honest, and I recommend Paul Miller Honda very highly.
  • doc1948doc1948 Member Posts: 5
    Finally got my wifes CRV did a lot of shoppping within75 miles of Indianapolis, IN, got the best deal at Ed Martin Honda, Mike O'Friel. Pretty straight up.
  • nr7000nr7000 Member Posts: 6
    doc1948,

I'm in Indiana looking for the same vehicle you just purchased. Would you mind posting about the deal you got there?
  • tklientklien Member Posts: 20
    Cannga, is that price with sales tax...o.t.d.
    Cooper you made a great deal.. Who did you deal with at paul miller.

Cooper, sounds like a great deal. I am going to try to use them. Do you have someone you worked with?

Thanks.
    Try Hamillton Honda in new jersey they will meet paul millers price . Coopers deal was just under 600 below dealers invoice. You want to call the Internet sales manager and make your deal.

brian

Thanks Bryan. Question: Am I better off waiting until I see the vehicle I want in their inventory (searching online at each of their sites). I do not see the car/color I am looking for? Or does it not matter too much? I was thinking if they were giving a good deal, they will want to move it out of their stock only?
  • tklientklien Member Posts: 20
    where did you purchase your vehicle?
    Brady,
    Most people do not search lots. By Looking on dealers lots and finding your vehicle will make for the best deal. The bigger dealerships that sell by volume sales will for sure give you the best price.. Dealers want to move whats on there lots and i now from many years of experience throw into the deal at no charge any dealer installed items like splash guards, pin stripes, cargo trays, door edge, rear spoilers, etc. to get the sale.. Always buy the last days/ last day of any month.

Call WEymouth Honda in M.A. Speak to James Internet Dept Tell him Brian from N.Y. sent you and you might consider buying from there dealership for anything thats $800 under or better below dealers invoice.. You could use there quote to help you get a better deal in N.J/ N.Y. area. $ 850 below dealers invoice is where I'm at with them right now on a Accord with certain options i want added on the car. I plan on squeezing every dealer in our area for at least $1000 below dealers invoice. I have no problem taking a $15 dollar bus ride up to Boston to save money if it warrants.. If your a good Negotiator $1000 below Invoice is do- able at Weymouth. From New York to Boston a bus ride puts you within 15 miles of there dealership for $15 dollars. Bus leaves city every hour starting at 6am. Just a thought if your saving enough $$$$.

Brian

• tkay2tkay2 Member Posts: 51
    aj62, Can you give me aliitle more info on the dealership and salesperson, Thanks T.Klien
  • aj82aj82 Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2013
    John hinderer honda, Heath, Ohio
    Thanks for the info (i live in Mich.) so not to far to save $$$$ have you got a first name of somebody to talk to. Thanks again
    Looking at the price of 29190 (includes 6% sales tx and all the rest of fees) does not include plates..EXL AWD Wife likes the Nav but do not know if its worth it or is it up to speed to spend the xtra..What do you all think the addition of Nav would be the best price to work on. Michigan
  • jscm86jscm86 Member Posts: 4
    edited January 2013
    Not sure if I got a good lease deal here..

Honda CRV LX AWD
    3 Year Lease
    12k miles/year
    $3500 upfront(3k to reduce cap cost and 500$ in fees)
    $250/month total(includes taxes)
  • vt010913vt010913 Member Posts: 5
    Hello all,
    I stumbled across this site by accident and boy am I glad! I was about to consider a $32000 quote for the 2013 Honda CRV EXL AWD(no additional accessories) because I didn’t know any better – the first car I ever bought was from CarMax. Something told me to do some research and I did. I started contacting other dealers in my area Mid December and as you can already tell, I walked out on a lot of them. The all said they could not change their quote but at the end of the day, they always called me back.

After finally deciding to forget about getting the car, I got a quote from the first dealer I ever contacted and they gave me what I think is a good quote - The first quote was $32000(OTD) and now it is $26650 OTD. Should I give in? Do you think they can still go lower? I think I want the navigation system added. Maybe I could get them to add at half the cost? By the way, I am a single mom and I have been doing the car shopping with my Tween son!
    Here are the memorable quotes I have received so far (all in Baltimore Maryland):
    *Bel Air Honda: $26650.00 OTD - Best so far.
    *Norris Honda: $28890.00 OTD - I like the dealership but not the price
    *Browns Honda City: $29000.00 OTD

Thank you all!
  • KettyKetty Member Posts: 14
    My daughter received a price of $27,283 for a CRV EXL with NAV from Weymouth. This price does not include sales tax or fees.

How do you determine the dealer's invoice price? On Edmunds' $28,434 is the Invoice and
    $30,295 MSRP. What is the model you received the price of 29190 (includes 6% sales tx and all the rest of fees)?
  • marinskasmarinskas Member Posts: 13
    My suggestion is if you get $300-$400 below invoice price, and no processing fee and appearance package fees or any other fees with exception of tax, licence and tags - that's would be just about as good as you could do. You can actually pay modest procesing/appearance package fee $200-$250 or so and that would still be a very good deal! Having said that your best offer appears to be $380 below invoice price and it is OTD?? With TLL??? If so - take it quick!

I purchased mine from Ourisman Honda in Bethesda and they were very nice thru ought the process. I had to stand firm on my offer however and show a proof of a lowest offer from another dealer for them to beat it...
    Good Luck!
  • mindaugaslmindaugasl Member Posts: 5
    I am in the market for 2013 Honda CRV EX-L AWD in Baltimore/DC area as well. I am trying to get one for 26500 OTD, but $26650.00 is not that far away.
    Try Anderson honda. Apply what i said in previous posts on how to get the lowest price.

Brian

Yes, it is OTD - $26650 is all they get from me and I am taking my car home with me. I actually had to call them back o make sure it was not my imagination.
    Now, I just have to wait on PenFed for the .49% rate and all will be well. They seem to be taking their time with the application.

Thanks marinskas!
  • mindaugaslmindaugasl Member Posts: 5
    How do you get 0.49% from PenFed? Or did you mean 1.49%?

I think the advertised online rate is 1.49% or 0.99% if you use their car buying service.
    Check this out:

https://www.penfed.org/PenFed-Car-Buying-Service/?intcid=ad-ZAG-home-mainAd

You have to apply online and use the car buying service to get it.
  • jakeabeanjakeabean Member Posts: 6
    Good luck with your purchase. Please return here & post the breakdown of your fees, where you ended up buying from & your sales person. I'm looking for an EXL also in that price range. Would def drive to Maryland from VA for a deal.