Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jsmith38jsmith38 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Pagan1234,

That's a good deal! I am wondering if you have bought the car or not? I also live in Baltimore area and would like to buy the same car as you did. Please let me know. Thanks a lot!

Jack
  • mdgal0902mdgal0902 Member Posts: 2
    What options came with the car besides the roof rails?
  • deshcydeshcy Member Posts: 3
    Does 26,200 OTD include TTL? Or is it car price + destination + doc fee?
    Got a quote today.
    OTD from dealer (does not include TTL)
    Car price, destination, doc fee, splash guard and pinstripes - $25099
    Is it a good deal?
  • walnut_edwalnut_ed Member Posts: 3
    Get in touch with Weir Canyon Honda in Anaheim. Got a CR-V Ex 2wd couple a week ago for $23630 price included destination charge. Tax and license extra. I negotiated the deal before I stepped in the showroom.
  • Pagan1234Pagan1234 Member Posts: 14
    Hi Jack,
    The deal didn't pan out as expected so i'm still looking. I will let you know if anything changes.
  • mommareesemommareese Member Posts: 1
    I realize I'm looking for a car in January, but does anyone have a good idea of what a good OTD price is in Central Virginia? I have one quote for $26350 OTD and other for less but they aren't OTD pricing, but based on this forum it seems high to me. Thoughts?
  • kki000kki000 Member Posts: 17
    Just wanted to give results from my friend who just go this.
    EXL Awd
    Price was 27,8000 + tax, all fees incl
    Was shooting for 26,500 like what was posted a few pages back, but no dice.
    Had my friend use pen fed for the loan and the car buying service.
    His apr is .99 for 60 months.
    I would NOT recommend this dealer (Paragon in queens) as the manager tried to scuttle even this deal at the last minute.
    I think they assumed he would go with honda finance, even though he had the print out of pen fed car buying service and his loan was already approved. They actually sold the car with the Vin on the loan right from under neath him and he had to threaten lawsuits etc to get everything done. I think there is a dlr incentive for the finance?

The pen fed service i would recommend, he actually got lower offers but chose this one since it was down the st. (dealer in jersey had for 27,020 with the .99 through penfed)
    I would go this route since nobody seems to be discounting these much and the 60month apr of .99 vs 2.9 saves about a grand over the life of the loan.
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    I bought a 2003 Honda pilot from Hidy honda in Ohio. they were suposed to flatbed it to me for 400 dollars but Hidy decide to reroute one to Paragon honda in Queens so i could pick it up there. Almost same story.. I signed all fax paperwork etc with Vin number of truck and the week i was picking it up the Ohio dealer told me Pargan honda sold my truck and what they did was illegal. So did not recieve truck for 3 more weeks. That stunt Paragon pulled got the 400 dollar reroute charged knocked off my bill and Pargaon thru me in some extra's chrome tips, oil filters and 5 free oil changes for my trouble. I see things never change. The good thing about Paragon honda is if you could get a low price from them there doc fee's are only $75 dollars.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• john633john633 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you very much for sharing this information. It was really useful.
    is it financed or a cash deal?. What is the color.

I'm in Atlanta and debating whether to buy a used certified 2010 CRV LX 2WD ($19,400 OTD) or a new one.

Thanks again.
  • john633john633 Member Posts: 2
    Hello,
    Thank you so much for this information. I'm also in Atlanta. May I know who was the dealer you bought the car from?

$23,112 drive out seems to be a very good deal.
  • karenreneekarenrenee Member Posts: 2
    2013 Honda CR-V EXL w/Navi. The MSRP is $29,775.00.

Upfront Internet pricing including destination and handling charge is $26,851.00.

With our dealer added accessories your price is $27,999.00.

Those accessories are Window Tint, Pinstripe, Wheel Locks, Trunk Tray, Splash Guards and Nitrogen tire up-grade*.

Is this a good price for a 2013 CR-V EX-L 2wd with Nav. Wanting to buy this week.
    I got pinstripe, splash guard, tint and nitrogen tyre upgrade free for my EX model.
  • 2013hondacrv2013hondacrv Member Posts: 4
    edited January 2013
    Just got an 2013 EX-L 2WD today (near San Gabriel) for $23,685.00 OTD
    Only got the floor mats for free.
    Thanks for all your posts.
  • jakeabeanjakeabean Member Posts: 6
    That's an excellant price. ONLY $3,000 less than the best price I've gotten working with approx 25 dealers out here in DC area. Would be real interested in knowing how you did that.
  • karenreneekarenrenee Member Posts: 2
    Was that with Navigation?
  • sambesambe Member Posts: 6
    Can you please provide any details please. Which dealer/sales person, what was the price breakdown, etc.
    Got lucky because dealer has lot of EX-L's and end of month quota?
    Also call and deal with the fleet manager only.
    Good luck.
  • gwedgargwedgar Member Posts: 4
    $23K+ is off the charts for the car by itself. Considering your price is OTD and includes tax, tag and title I would say you hit it out of the park. I got a deal like that on a pathfinder once....When I asked the sales manager how he could sell it for $3.5K below invoice he said you made my quota for the month and quarter. Selling that car got me an additional 30K in profit. As my dad used to say "Even a blind hog finds an acorn once in a while". I purchased an EX-L today and did not even get close to 23K but compared to the rest of the prices posted here I think I did fine and am very comfortable with my purchase. In Georgia, I purchased an EX-L 2WD for $25,875. Dealer doc fee was 579 which brought total to $26,454 plus tax and title. Invoice including destination was ~$26,690. Assuming Honda hold back is 2% of dealer invoice, the true dealer cost is ~$26,111. I assume the dealer is making around 250 plus any hidden incentives, i.e. floor plan reimbursements, by adding in the doc fee. My thinking is they need to make something and that amount is fine with me. I was pleasantly surprised by the quotes as most were at the same price point and $800 below what I was prepared to pay based on this board and my research. The car had the usual dealer junk on it, nitrogen in the tires, mud guards, wheel locks, trunk tray, sun roof wind deflector, paint protection, and body side moldings (I wanted the side moldings). They threw all of the dealer add on's in for free. To purchase I emailed internet sales at 5 dealers, got quotes, and then chatted on the phone with the top two dealers. Thanks for posting here. Point of sale information was very useful given "invoice" price doesn't mean the same thing it did a few years ago.

Quick summary:
    EX-L Silver 25,875 included destination charge
    Doc fee 579
    Total before taxes 26,454

Again I consider this a good price...hey I bought it didn't I, and assume Honda is trying to get units out before the new RAV4 comes out and is also feeling pressure from the Koreans hence the deal
    edited January 2013
    It's Norm Reeves Honda West Covina , CA / David or Richard

Honda CR-V LX

MSRP 22695 + 830 (destination and handling)
  • kumihokumiho Member Posts: 3
    This is LX 2WD MSRP (lowest end), not EX-L (highest end). Are you sure that you get the right model?
    Sorry Guys, my bad . It's a LX 2wd
  • jakeabeanjakeabean Member Posts: 6
    Thought so. Thanks for owning up. LOL
  • sambesambe Member Posts: 6
    In the La area, have been looking for this vehicle all month. Finally settled on a price that I think is fair - maybe not the best seen but fair.

Quoted OTD 29.6K. Since it is end of the month, am heading to Dealer tonight and see if I come back with the vehicle or whether they try to add a lot of shannigans. I will post my results.
  • rallamrallam Member Posts: 4
    My 2013 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD buying experience.

Price was $28,000 Out-Of-Door (which includes Tax, Title, Registration and Extra Power Tran Warranty)
    My APR is 0.49% for 48 months. I also had an option of 0.99% for 60 months which i didn't opt.
    I went thru Pen Fed.
    Dealer gave 7 years/100,000 miles on POWER TRAN warranty(which is usally its 5 years/60,000 miles).

Am not really sure if i got good deal for what i have paid.
  • testing7testing7 Member Posts: 3
    Got a CR-V EX AWD for 27,000 OTD in NJ. Is it a good deal?
  • madmaxatulmadmaxatul Member Posts: 2
    Can you tell us where you got it from and what was the price breakdown.
    Firstly, I want to thank Brian for his great advice.

Hi Jack,
    I bought the car at O'Donnell Honda last night. LX AWD without options $23,937 OTD. I followed Brian's suggestions and waited until end of month. Did everything via internet, car came to dealership yesterday and i was told it was ready to pickup. Did the paperwork and drove off the dealership in less than an hour. I dealt with couple of people at O'Donnell and finally worked with Shayne. He is a nice guy to work with definitely. Good luck.
    May be in NJ it might be a good deal but in VA i got a quote for 2013 CR-V AWD EX at $26,078.83 OTD. Since i was looking for Leather i went with EX-L which i got for the price that i mentioned in my previous post.
    Great job.......... i'm glad i helped Enjoy your new car

brian

NY and NJ pricing is about the same.. deals are not as good over here.

• k001k001 Member Posts: 6
    Hi,
    can you please share the dealership details..
    Hi,
    I am very peculiar situation.I have to purchase new car from Paragon Honda.I am looking for 2013 CRV AWD EX-L with or without Nav.
    How should I negotiate.what should be good price ?What details should I carry with me to bring them down to decent price?Please advice.
    why Paragon.

Thanks Brian. My family of 4 thank you for your advice and saving us money. I wouldn't have done it without your help.
    I purchased a certified car from them recently-20 days back.
    They sold me car with clean carfax.My mistake,i thought its reliable and I didn't do much research.
    After 15 days ,I came to know that it had some accidental history"side impact collison"
    I went to dealership and after long discussion, they are ready to trade in the car with the same price in which they sold me.
    Now,I am thinking to go with new,instead of again facing all these issues and stress.
    Please advice.
    Pagan,
    I'm glad it worked out. Buy every new car this way. you will receive the best possible price with the least amount of hassles and wasted time in dealerships..

ko,
    looks like they got you bent over the barrel. I'm assuming you cant get your money refunded and walk away. thats what i would do with this dealership.. my advice is email about 30 dealerships with make and model you want. get there best price. try to get it in writing by email so you could present it to paragon honda if they wont give you a good deal.
    i think 500 below invoice would be a good price for any model CRV.
    Doc fee's are $75. Paragon would be selling you Vehicle for $425 below invoice price. I would think thats the least they could do for you.

Thanks Brian.I started doing what you suggested.
    Question:
    Can I return the vehicle and walk away?I love to do that but I am not sure what to do and what will be implication incase they didn't take it back.
    So,i agree to trade in at same price on which they sold me.
    Its just 20 days since i purchased my car and I am so upset now.Lesson learned.
    Please suggest.
    Which site is reliable to get invoice price of car?
    edited February 2013
    Read the fine print. I would find legal advice from a professional. I would walk away from paragon if i could. They dont deserve your hard earned money.
    Check out edmunds home page you can find pricing on all vehicles.

Hi,
    I am not sure whom should I contact for legal advice.So,I am just trying to avoid such complication since right now dealer is nice and ready to switch back vehicle for same price.
    I started doing some homework for Honda CRV EX-L.
    Invoice : 27860(include destination fees)
    I just thought to get Penfed certificate from Car buying service incase dealership make things situation complex.
    And you know what..I got different rates:
    Edison NJ: 27260(Estimated member price)
    WoodSide NY: 28159(Estimate member price)
    So,I am little worried as I am still waiting for my registration to come so that I can visit the dealer.
  • builder2builder2 Member Posts: 7
    This is hard to believe. Was is not new or have quite a few miles?
    edited February 2013
    Its new and had 11 miles on it. Dealer is located in Staunton VA.
    DealerShip Name : Valley Honda.
    edited February 2013
    Dealer is located in Staunton VA.
    DealerShip Name : Valley Honda
    Sorry about the delay. Here is the breakdown:

24,596.73 invoice
    1,729.27 tax (which I just noted is not the 7%)
    398 doc
    276 registration, plate

I guess I could have got it for a few hundreds less.
  • kumihokumiho Member Posts: 3
    NJ has tire tax ($7.5). Your tax is correct. 1721.77 + 7.5
    Ohh, great to know. Was it a fair price?
  • jguojguo Member Posts: 49
    Finally find the Mountain Air Metallic color after a month of search. Got a few good quotes from Honda dealers around the Bay Area. The email blitz strategy didn't work for me. First of all, about half of the dealers didn't have a email address, only price quote forms on their website. Of the other half I have sent the email to, none responded. This was at end of Dec 2012. Maybe this strategy use to work, but dealers here seem to have caught on.

I had luck getting quotes from dealers website and american express/penfed true car website. Here are the various quotes from the dealers

anderson: $24888 (dealer website)
    southbay: $24920 (dealer website and in person visit)
    el cerrito: $24778 (penfed truecars)
    vallejo : $25500 (amex truecar, saleswomen very slow to repsond, so I didn't bother negotiate further)
    autowest: $25000 (penfed truecar, don't like this dealer, try to play games rather give a quote)
    morgan hill: $25500 (dealer website)

Would have bought from Anderson/Southbay if they had the color I wanted. Finally I bought the Mountain Air Metallic from Honda of Redwood city at end of Jan 2013. It was a very straight forward transaction. Cash offer and no trade in.

$24700
    $80 doc (max for california)
    + ttl (no accessories or other fees)

Happy hunting!
    :D
  • gailvairgailvair Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased a new CRV. Had a great experience with online quotes.
    Selling price : $25,740.00
    Dealer fees: 599.00
    Tire $ battery fee $8.50
    Sales tax (6%) 1580.85
    Tag/title transfer (approx) $200 - refunded difference
    Out the door price $28,128.35.

Holman Honda Fort Lauderdale, Fl.

Plus received nitro air, door guards, pin-striping and wheel locks ($300 value) Free !
    I went to dealership last week.I had tough time in making sure they take the vehicle back with same price.
    After lots of discussion,they agree to trade in for same price but for new car they quoted MSRP.
    I lost my temper and went to GM.Finally they agree for there internet price 27945.
    I am not sure its a good deal but considering my present situation I accepted.
    Hope I took correct decision.Please advice.