Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited February 2013
    Koo1
    No reason to beat yourself up on what happen. You recieved a decent deal Paragon took back other problem and now you have a great SUV. Enjoy your New ride.... just in time for the snow..

Brian

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• john959595john959595 Member Posts: 4
    Just bough a 2013 CRV LX AWD for $24,200 from Stephens Honda in Bloomington, IN . I was leasing a 2010 Civic, they waived the last lease payment and waived the over mileage fee (limit was 36k, I had 46k). Pretty fair deal?
  • Pagan1234Pagan1234 Member Posts: 14
    That's a good deal, John. Enjoy!
  • manhumanmanhuman Member Posts: 1
    I bought 2013 CR-V EX AWD for $26782 in Johnston, RI. Is it a good deal?

$24720 - Invoice
    $ 1716 - Tax
    $ 200 - Documentation
    $ 145 - Registration/title/temp plate
    ==========================
    $26781 - Total

No Extras...
  • kerri317kerri317 Member Posts: 2
    I just received a quote for $25180 including the destination charge. Is this a good deal?
  • scorpio83scorpio83 Member Posts: 5
    I have a quote for $30,300 out the door price on a 2013 CRV-EX-L (No nav ) is this a good deal? This dealer is in NJ
  • mikegallofmikegallof Member Posts: 2
    I am in NJ as well. Can I ask you whuch dealer gave you that price?
    Philipsburg Honda
    I am trying to buy the same and a dealer in NJ gave me a offer or $30,300 out the door for 2013- EX-L AWD( No nav )
  • rvsk1rvsk1 Member Posts: 9
    I bought HONDA CRV EXL 2013 2WD four months back in Irving Tx for $28500 out of the door price with 5 dealer add on.
    Hi anybody in NJ who has had good purchasing experience and good deal on a 2013 CRV-EX-L AWD ?
    Ok thanks
  • bluspiderbluspider Member Posts: 9
    I bought the same (ex-l no nav or res) for $29,750 out of the door in second week of Jan. Also got a dealer package worth about $300.
  • mnc4494mnc4494 Member Posts: 13
    I got a quote of $29,600 2 weeks ago via the internet from Honda dealer in Marlton, NJ.
  • twinkee100twinkee100 Member Posts: 1
    just bought the same last week, EXL AWD for invoice in NY, 27,860. Tax and transfer of plates additional.
  • rkk1rkk1 Member Posts: 1
    Greetings I'm not in NJ, in California, and I'm looking at a CR-V EX-L. On another blog someone mentioned to try Carwoo.com. I logged in last night. You sign up and state what car you want and various dealers will send you quotes. It's all confidential (they never know who you are) and you can send back counter offers. I'm still getting deals but right now the best quote I have is $26,080 before tax, license, etc.
    Check out Autosport in N.J. good dealership

IS that an AWD or FWD and that includes destination. Can you tell me the dealership?
  • judles79judles79 Member Posts: 2
    So, I went to planet honda the last sat of the month, rt 22 in nj and here is the deal they made me on a 2013 crv ex awd...I didn't purchase yet, only put a deposit down...

vehicle price: $24,216.99

tax: $1,555.19

reg/title: $311.50

Doc fee: $398.95

Proc/Tire fee: $17.50

OTD total: $26,500.13

I have a trade (2004 volvo, w/123,000mi in mediocre shape) that they are giving me $2,000 for....Making my end total:
    $24,500.13

Thoughts?
    Looks like you made a really good deal . If my math is correct your sale price of the CRV is $1163 below invoice price minus there high doc fee's of $398 would put you at
    765 below invoice for this vehicle.
    what color are you considering???

• judles79judles79 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the response, Brian. We are thinking blue with grey interior.
    Have you tried any dealers in New york. Doc fee's in N.Y. are only 75. The sale price of your vehicle in N.Y. will be around 800 below invoice due to our states lower doc fee's... . Always compare price in both states to determin the market value when buying a new vehicle. RT 22 is giving you a good deal.

good job

• kameelkameel Member Posts: 6
    Hello Kerri317,

It depends on the state. I have been doing a great deal of research. I have gotten 8 quotes in New Jersey and the lowest one on the Honda CR-V 2013 EX without options was $24,675. The quote was from BURNS Honda in South Jersey. I still plan on negotiating when and if I get there.

Hope this helps.
    Hello Everyone,

I have leanred a great deal from edmunds and really appreciate everyone experience. Thanks for sharing. I have been looking to purchase for about 1 month now. This is the offer I was given from Planet Honda on RT. 22.

EX AWD --- $24,779
    TAX -------- $1,804.81 (Thought sales tax in NJ was 7% guess I was wrong)
    DMV ------- $289.00
    DECOR ---- $595.00 (They said it was for hand painted pin stripe and door guards)
    TIRE TAX -- $7.50
    ETCH ------- $349.00
    NITRO ------ $59.95
    Online Reg -- $10.00
    DOC --------- $398.95

OTD --------- $28,293.00

I would like the following options (Dealership Prices): Body Side Molding $499, Door Visors $399, Running Boards $699 and Hood Air Deflector $399.

I was not satified with Planet Honda 's price so I did not go back and did not negotiate with them. I did get another quote from BURNS Honda for:

Car --- $24,675 but have not gone to the dealer yet. The options were cheaper about $400 for everything I want.

Can anyone give me some adive on negotiating with the dealership? It is at the end of the month so I hope just showing up will make them cut the price.

Thanks for anyone that can help.
    edited February 2013
    Check out college hill honda parts. they are the, cheapest , closest price to dealers invoice price. The exact dealers invoice price on these parts are hard to find/ know but these prices are a good start and the best price on line

This is a tuff market with Crv,And Accord.... dealers do not want to discount much.
    I would take into consideration buying these honda parts online and have a shop close to your house install. you most likely will save a hundreds dollars doing it this way.

Brian,

Thanks for responding. Can you negotiate with the dealership if you bring them their on-line quote?
    I would try to get your best quote from another dealer also. Try to lower the price of your negotiated deal.
    Go to the dealership the last day of this month. you always have the best leverage on this day.
    Tell dealership if he wont lower price you will not buy Crv from him. make dealer match your best offer or tell them you will walk.
    The only problem is dealer has your deposit. You would have to take dealership to small claims court.
    This might end bad be prepared....

good luck

• 07camryguy07camryguy Member Posts: 4
    Trying to get a 2013 CRV LX FWD ,in Nc, looking around $21800 + TTL, is that too low ?
  • robert276robert276 Member Posts: 3
    I am working with a dealer in the Atlanta, GA area and received a quote I believe can go down a few hundred to be a "best price" out the door.

2013 Honda CR-V EX AWD

$ 24,731.00 Vehicle Price ( Includes Destination )
    $ 599.00 Administrative Fee
    -------------------------
    $ 1,826.93 7% tax
    $ 22.00 State Fees ( Title and Lemon Law )
    -------------------------
    $ 27,947.93 Total Price / Drive Out*

*Splash Guards , Paint Protection Included

What do you think? Flexible?

I would jump on this deal in a second if the molding and edge guards were included since the total price is a few hundred more than competitors.
    I got a second quote last night from BURNS Honda in NJ. Here is what they said,

$24,675 ---- CAR
    $695 ---- VEK (Vehicle Enhancement Kit) -- includes mud guards, hand painted pinstripe,
    wheel locks, acid inscribed window etching, custom fit cargo tray
    $337 -------- body side molding installed
    $344 -------- door visors installed
    $272 -------- hood air deflector installed
    $1,842.61 --- TAX
    $249.00 ----- DOC
    $7.50 ----- Tire tax
    $301.00 ----- DMV

$28,723.11 ---- Total

I think this price should be lowered. From my experience of getting online quotes and going to the dealership in NJ, they alway add some type of package. One dealership added DECOR ($595) and now I see VEK ($695). I am planning to go to another dealer today and seeing what they can do for me. I will keep everyone posted. Can accessories be negotiated. Brian thanks for all the great advice you have given me. I really what to get the car for about 625 cheaper then I think it would be a good deal.
    edited February 2013
    Rule number 1

Stop running around to all these dealerships wasting your time and gas.
    Check dealerships inventory first.... before calling them.

Find as many dealerships that are closest to your home. Call each dealerships Internet manager and tell each one you will buy today if he meets your price offer and options wanted on vehicle. Seems like most CrV's have alot of dealer add on's..

Once you found the deal your looking for.... you could give dealer a small refundable deposit to hold car or drive to dealership to seal deal..

Do not trust any sales person telling you to come in. Internet or Sales Manager speak with first to confirm your deal..

The last 2 days of any month are the best time to buy. If you could...You buy the last day of any month this will help you get the best deal of the month. Some dealers will move a car off there lot on the last day cheaper than beginning or middle of month trying to meet that manufactorers selling incentive for the month.

good luck

Brian

Brian is right! You can do all this by phone and email. Everything is negotiable. If you had a quote from another dealer for less money I am sure the VEK package would go way down and possibly disappear. If you don't want it tell to leave it off your car! $695 is a lot for mud guards, wheel locks and a cargo tray.
    edited February 2013
    Mudguards online $67.... very easy to install
    wheel locks...........$36..dealers cost might be $15
    cargo tray.............$70

Dont let these dealers rip you off on accessories. Check online prices first

Does anything think tossing in an add-on to that price is asking too much?
    Cant hurt to try.

• yellowtimyellowtim Member Posts: 5
    Thank you all of the contributors shared the buying experience.
    After I read thru last 6 months of this forum, I learned many tricks in how to negotiate/buy a new car. Then, I bought a new 2013 Honda CRV EX-L 2WD. out the door price is $26,714.
    Here is the breakdown:
    $26,176.50 Car (including destination charge, splash guards, wheels locks, & lifetime powertrain warranty*)
    $300 Tax
    $39 Tag
    $198.50 Closing fee/doc

*Lifetime powertrain warranty needs to pay $100 deductible each time.I can do my own maintanence like oil change & tune up.
    I heard Honda's engine & transmission is very good. I hope I don't have to use the warranty!
  • f1_manchesterf1_manchester Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    Hello Everyone,

I bought a first car with the 1st dealer that I went to in Maryland. I'm not sure if I got a good deal or not and was wondering if I could get some advise! I guess I can't return it but wanted some views.

Got the

CRV 2013 AWD LX with Wheel locks and Paint matched door moldings (as per the receipt)
    for $23,000
    plus Taxes $ 1,392
    dealer processing charges $ 200
    Tags $ 187
    Platinum Coverage service for 100,000 miles or 7 years for $ 1,198.15 (is this a good deal? I have no clue but I agreed to pay for this).

The OTD vehicle price was $24,779 plus $1,198.15 for the extra platinum coverage.

Thanks!
  • crv_or_rdxcrv_or_rdx Member Posts: 15
    edited February 2013
    Hi,

I have the following questions:

1. What is the average OTD price for the 2013 CR-V EX-L with Navigation in NJ/NY.

2. Is CR-V EX-L w/Nav a better option or Acura RDX AWD w/o Nav. Assuming (based on the consumer discussions) that Honda's navigation system is not all that great.
    Save your money......... Buy a garmin nuvi for under $200. The new models have a 5' screen, lane guidance with Arrows and Voice prompts. If you do not need blue tooth............. The Nuvi lm50 is a great machine for the price. My 2012, X-5 has the Nav and id rather use my garmin.

Should the tax be on the vehicle cost alone or should it be including the destination and dealer fees? I have seen people post prices both ways.

It seems the tax can be an extra $500+ if its all grouped.
    edited February 2013
    Here is your breakdown
    Sale price of Vehicle plus any options/ accessories
    destination charge
    doc fee's
    sales tax on above amount// your states tax rate
    then they add after taxes dmv fee's
    this total would be your out the door price/

• ken117ken117 Member Posts: 249
    Pin striping and door edge guards cost the dealer virtually nothing.

Nitrogen in the tires is a scam. Air is about 80 percent nitrogen. My daughter is a chemical engineer. She finds it funny people actually pay for nitrogen to be put in tires.

And of course, the dealer documentation fee is simply more profit for the dealer.

These three things actually make Planet Honda' price for the CRV $25,332 rather than $24,779.
    You should see the Accord forum these dealers are robbing people blind.

• hp81hp81 Member Posts: 5
    Hi, I'm looking into getting the 2013 CRV EX FWD some time this year, but I was wondering if it is absolutely ridiculous to try to get this car for $25,000 OTD in southern California?
    For the platinum coverage, my friend negotiated to nearly 1/2 what you are paying.
  • keanedingkeaneding Member Posts: 3
    Just got pricing from a dealer in Atlanta:
    Sale Price: 22503+Tax: 1462.70 (6.5% since March)+D.O.C(600)+Tag and Lemon etc (69)=OTD 24634.

Is it a good deal?

In addition, he mentioned "As with factory equipped drive out prices from other dealers, ours includes the quote price, destination charge, documentation fee,tax,title application and Georgia Lemon Law. Dealer accessories are not included." Am I missing sth or do I need to add some options?

Thanks
  • f1_manchesterf1_manchester Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for the reply.

I need to go see the dealer tomorrow. Maybe I'll cancel the extra platinum coverage if they don't reduce the price. Initially they wanted around $2,280.
    You should. It's because my friend bought the same 7yr/100000 mile warranty for 600 last summer in SC.
    Hello everyone I closed the deal this Wednesday. Think I got an OK deal in New Jersey. I paid $28,573 minus $1000 trade-in value for my Honda Civic 2000 with 189,000 miles. So my OTD price was $27,573 with 4 options: the hood air deflector, door guards, side molding and window guards. The Vehicle enhancement Kit (VEK) which was included in the price gave me mud guards, wheel locks, acid inscribed window etching and custom fit cargo tray.
    This was an exhausting experience and next time I will take Brians advice and do most of my negotiating on the phone. I know the sales people have to make a living, but man dealing with them is very difficult. Overall I learned a great deal of information from peoples experiences and thanks all of you for sharing.
    Enjoy that CRV you earned it.