Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sam1461sam1461 Member Posts: 16
    edited March 2013
    H, I got a quote for 23414 invoice price from costco honda dealer for crv lx AWD . The out of door price comes to 25404. Is it a good deal or should I try for below invoice price? I am planning to wait till the last day of the month , being the end of the quarter and all. I will start harassing the dealers starting 28th of mar to see if they beat the price.

Please let me know if anyone in MN has a better deal on lx AWD.
    THANKS
    sam
  • norm157norm157 Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2013
    I just purchased a 2013 CRV AWD BLACK (love black). Sticker price was about $27,000. I got it for OTD $28,500 including everything (taxes, fees, etc), AND 0% for 5 years! I'm hoping I got a good deal?!? They really were telling me it's either sticker price with 0% for 5 years, OR a price below sticker-if I pay CASH, since 0% for 5 yrs is not normally offered- at least not here in Ohio. Tax here is 6.5%, but the $28,500 was OTD everything. I did put $5,000 down bc I decided not to trade in my old car.
    In Cincinnati, Ohio. Thanks!
    Waiting on your response to my post above, Brian-thanks!
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    If you paid msrp full sticker price on your vehicle it was not a good deal. if you paid dealers invoice price plus that good finance rate that would be a good deal.

Either way you bought a great vehicle with great resale value.
    On your next purchase always check the edmunds board for pricing in your area before buying..

All new car purchasing should be done on the last day of any month.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

I didn't exactly pay sticker price, but then I didn't exactly pay dealer's invoice, because:
    Sticker= ~ $27,000.00 MSRP
    Tax= $1,687.50
    Pro Pack (mats, etc): always $529.00
    Licensing/dmv fees: $33.50
    Doc Fee: always $250.00
    Total: $29,500
    I Paid--> $28,500 OTD with 0% for 5 years

So I saved about $1,000........does this sound good?
  • tom516tom516 Member Posts: 5
    Hi Brian,

I would like to know you thoughts for the following price:

Honda CRV EX AWD.
    Selling price - $25,252
    Doc Fees - $188.66
    Reg/Tag - $245 for 5 years
    Tax- (DE) $947

Total out the door- $26,632.66( includs wheel locks, cargo tray and splash guards)

Appreciate thoughts on this quote.
    Tom
    dealer selling you CRV for 127 below invoice price.

add your doc fee's to that below number and thats your above invoice cost price.

Dealerhold back on that car is over 500. your not going into that number. you should be..
    If you really press this dealer at the end of the month you should be able to get another 300 or more of that price.

I would call more dealers by phone or online and work that number lower. making your purchase on march 30th to the lowest bidder for your business.

this is the end of the 1st quarter for car companies you will make your best deal on that last day. read my prior posts on buying and apply what i'm saying you will save some money..

Good luck if you need me just yell.

Brian

norm
    If you read my posts on how and when to buy,,,,,, and how to obtain the best price you will understand why i'm saying this.
    your deal was not a good one.

Car dealers will take advantage of most people who dont know how or when to buy or negotiate for a new vehicle.

I'm sure you just being in this forum will help you for your next purchase.

read thru the last 2 months in the honda Accord prices paid forums there are several people like myself with good posting and great buying tips ,tricks and how to negotiate the best price on a vehicle..

Enjoy your new ride..........

• carzone2carzone2 Member Posts: 1
    I want to buy a 2WD LX model in Dallas area. I am getting an offer of 23,500 OTD with standard features. I am not sure whether this is right price. I also do not know any issues with this model. Can somebody help ?
    edited March 2013
    you need to breakdown your deal so someone can help you
    1- Sale price of CRV
    2-Dealers doc fee's
    3 dmv plus your states tax percentage
    4- any other dealer fee's

Invoice price on your model is $21,413
    dest / charge.............................830
    total.....................................22,243

• tom516tom516 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for your reply Brian...

I tried several dealers in near area. I have the best price of 26,600 (OTD) so far. I will try to make the good deal on 30th.

Thanks Again...
  • ken117ken117 Member Posts: 249
    The finance rate really has nothing to do with the selling price. They are two distinct items. Dealers negotiate the selling price. Dealers do not set the finance rate for which a customer qualifies. Those rates are set by the lending institution and they are not in dependent on the selling price.

In most states, dealers are allowed to add to the interest rate for which a customer qualifies. That is referred to as dealer reserve. For example, if a customer qualifies for an interest rate of 2 percent a dealer might tell the customer the rate is 4 percent. If the customer is unaware he or she qualifies for 2 percent, the customer might settle at 4 percent. The dealer receives a significant part of the difference in interest resulting from the rate bump as profit from the lending institution

Fortunately there is an out. If a buyer finds they settled for too high a rate, the buyer can try to get the dealer to make it right. Good luck with that. On the other hand, the buyer can refinance for the lower rate. When that happens shortly after the purchase the dealer loses the profit it made from the inflated interest rate and the buyer has the satisfaction of knowing the dealer did not gain from this deception.

Refinancing can be easily done on line.
  • anderson333osuanderson333osu Member Posts: 1
    First off I would just like to thank everyone here for all the great information I found by reading these forums. The information found here was a huge help to me in tracking down a good deal on the car I wanted.

Now on to my buying experience.

The first thing I did was to send emails to all the local dealers. I know everyone recommended waiting until the end of the month, but I was too impatient/excited to get my new vehicle. The email I sent was very generic. I told the dealer which model I was interested in, I asked what financing offers were available, and I informed them that I was checking all the local dealerships for the best deal. All the dealers replied to my email within an hour. Most of them seemed pushy even over email by urging me to come to the dealership.

The next day I followed up with Honda Marysville in Marysville OH. I let them know that I wanted to stop in for a test drive. I picked Honda Marysville not because they were the cheapest, they were actually $200 more than the cheapest, but because they were the most polite and least pushy over email.

When I got to Honda Marysville I test drove the CRV EX-L AWD I was interested in. After the test drive I sat down with Fred from the internet team. Right away Fred brought me an offer that beat their internet price they quoted me as well as the quotes given by the other dealerships. No haggling needed, which is good because my negotiating skills are subpar!

I ended up with my CRV EX-L AWD for $26,800 +$250 doc fees +$33 lic/reg +6.75% sales tax. I did finance the car through the dealership at .9% over 60 months. I would definitely recommend working with the internet team at Honda Marysville. I'm sure someone waiting until the end of March with better negotiating skills could get an even better offer, but I am 100% satisfied with the service and deal I received.

Once again, thank you to everyone here for all the information you provide. It is such a huge help for the inexperienced buyer such as myself.
    edited March 2013
    I like to add what ken was talking about in prior post.
    When you are buying a new vehicle the 1st thing you do is apply for finance thru the lowest credit union or bank . Once your finance is approved and in place you wait til the end of the month to start your buying process. First half thru and 3rd week of the month you could send out your emails and make your phone calls, visit dealers asking them for pricing and finding out what ever info you need to obtain for that final purchase on the last day/ making your offer to as many dealerships with your offer price to earn your business on that day.

honda's rates are low right know . Check out PEN Fed credit union they have low rates. $25 to join if you are not active or retired military. Reduced rate if a family member served.
    Before i bought my honda Accord on Feb 28th i used the Pen fed loan to get honda to lower there finance rate.

Pen was 1.49% in Feb... March rate is 1.9% for 60 or 72.

Some dealerships who cant meet your asking price might sell you the vehicle if you finance tru them. Make sure they meet you rate. This happen when you tell dealers you are buying outright you dont want there finance

Brian,

I just wanted to break down the number I got in twincities,MN, can you please comment on this?

Retail: 24875
    selling price: 23414(invoice price from costco)
    options:0
    Fees: 450.75
    (depute fee:10,doc fees:75; electronic filing: 24,License fee:321;other: 10; Sexcise tax: 20 and finance tax 6.5%)
    total out of door :25406$

When I called the dealers locally a month back the lowest I got was 23500+tax. I am guessing if I get down to 25000 out of the door, that will be a good deal. What do you think? Truecar states the lowest paid based on local sales in my zipcode was 23195+tax.

I was planning on starting to call dealers from Mar 28th and buy on Mar 31st.
    edited March 2013
    sam
    your lx awd models invoice price is 22,584 plus dest charge 830=23,414.

Start your emails and calls on the 28th letting each dealership know that for 500 below invoice price you will buy that moment and secure the deal with a credit card deposit . Do not budge off your price. Tell each dealership that is the number that will close the deal.

after you call/ email dealers with your price sit back and wait til march 30th to close your deal. you may close on the 28th so be ready to buy that day. On march 30th make you best deal.
    Experience tells me you will close before the 30th.
    First quarter ends for all car companies on the 30th.. big deals will happen this month and on that day.

Remember dealer sells for 500 below invoice but his doc fee's are $75.
    dealer sold vehicle to you for $425 below invoice.
    Doc fee's are dealer profit thats it.

If i was buying a CRV i would find the lowest prices paid in this forum and on march 30th i would call 30 honda dealerships closest to my house and use that number to buy that day. if you dont try you will never know if you could get it. dealers that need those sales numbers will deal on the last days. Thats when you have the most car buying leverage.
    Good luck

edited March 2013
    Brian, thanks for the reply and tips. I just wanted to update that I emailed some 4 high volume dealers around and said I already have an offer for 25112(fabricated) and one dealer offered to go for 25109 out of door. That's 300 below invoice.

I told him I will only close on 31st and he asked to come in on 28th to make sure everything is in place to close on 30th. Two others said they will see if they can beat my fabricated price. I never imagined they would go below invoice based on how they sounded in Feb ,looks like March indeed is a great month for a good deal.

My wife and my birthdays are on 28th so I won't mind closing that day if I get 500 below invoice. However I must say that a part of me is already feeling guilty like I am betraying the dealers by using their best prices to sic other dealers in this bidding game..silly I know.

But thanks for your time again. Will keep you guys posted.

Sam
  • suvcrvsuvcrv Member Posts: 6
    I have been reading the posts so I hope I am ready but the dealers are really getting on my nerves.

I want to purchase a Honda CRV EX-L with NAV. I also would like to add some options but feel maybe I should just offer to buy the car first and then work on the options after a OTD price has been determined and then see if they will add options at cost.

I am trying to find out the following:

1. Is the NAV a good option to purchase? I really liked it during the test drive.

2. Should I negotiate the price of just the car without the options first?

3. What is the lowest OTD price for this model seen.

4. Does anyone have a dealership in the southern wisconsin/Nothern Illinois area that is part of the PFCU special program that they would recommend going through.

I am going to try hard to follow Brian's advice to wait until next weekend which is the 29th and 30th. I am having trouble getting alot of dealers because in the area I am (rural Wisconsin) truecar has only provided me with four dealerships where I can get the .74% or 1.24% depending on how many years I take, through my credit union.

I have contacted these dealerships but all of them are offering me really high prices probably because they think I do know what they are doing.

Thank you.
    Look at it this way.
    Your playing the dealers same game they all lie and deceive folks. Just think how nice that b-day dinner is going to taste knowing you saved another 500. maybe you throw the mrs another 50 for the b-day cause your king daddy... good luck.

supply and demand. when there are not alot of dealers the prices remain high.
    i would suggest trying to get as many email quotes on line from dealers within 4 hours of you and high volume dealerships and see if one of the local dealers will match or come close to that offer the last day of march.

i bought the 13 accord exl v-6 without nav. i dont like the nav in honda. i like my garmin nuvi better. i have a 12 bmw x-5 and i think my garmin is better also. not a big fan of car nav's.

your in a tuff spot where you live so on the options check out these sites for pricing and make the dealer match these prices. If dealer wont match them buy them separatley and do your self or have a reputable shop put them on. you will save hundreds..

College hills honda parts
    cheap honda parts

• suvcrvsuvcrv Member Posts: 6
    Thank you Brian.

Questions:

I just wanted to confirm I am following your directions on coming up with a price correctly:

EX-L AWD with Nav Invoice Price $28,434
    from that I should deduct 2% dealer holdback of $605.90 (2% of MSRP)
    from that I should deduct destination fee of $830
    from that I should deduct Dealer Doc fee of $299
    Final price OTD $26,299
    OR
    $26,299 plus tax, title, and tag fee.

same thing if I go no Nav but the Invoice changes to $27.030

ALSO

Can you recall what the lowest OTD price you have seen on this forum for this model (EX-L with NAV) so I know where to start.

ALSO

How do I find and/or know a dealership is high volume?

Thanks again, I am so glad I found this site and have your help. It would be much more difficult if not expensive without it.
    edited March 2013
    you cant deduct the dest charge of 830 that we all have to pay.
    your starting number to buy is $28,360 plus tags and tax. What ever the dealerships doc fee's are add them to your sale price. In this case we did..

so at this price 28,360 your asking the dealers to sell you at 904 below invoice price. but once he adds on the doc fee's of 299 on your bill of sale your at 605 below invoice.
    i think this price is very do-able .

type in high volume honda dealerships in your area and contact them via email for a price on the 3rd week of march. if you boarder another state go into that state for pricing.. get your best offers and build on that number . pull the trigger on march 30th . dealerships that need those sales numbers will sell cars hundreds of dollars cheaper on that day...Dealers want that large incentive check from the honda corp..
    the key to getting the best price is to target as many dealerships on the last day and pitch your meet my price i buy from you now. you could very well get your price on the 29th or 28th so be ready to buy. let each dealership know meet my price i buy today. my price it what gets it done today.

Good luck

• dghtrfgddghtrfgd Member Posts: 30
    I second Brian's opinion about going getting your own nav--
    Like you, I was also initially tempted to opt for navigation-- but when you look at what you would be paying for it -- it just doesnt make any sense. you could probably buy the highest end portable gps and not spend as much!
    same goes for the entertainment imo. you can hand your kids a portable dvd player-- or secure it to the backseat for a fraction of the price.
    on the other hand, it think that leather seating is worth the splurge-- although i wonder if you couldn't also install that aftermarket...still even if so, there's probably enough of a benefit to having it factory installed ;)
    edited March 2013
    My dilemma right now is what to do about accessories, and whether i should be using them as part of my negotiation:
    I want 3 bike rails, cargo tray, cargo net, and wheel locks.
    i've gotten a quote for 27,267+500 for those accessories on a CRV EX-L AWD.
    So, I reasoned that if i get the car at 27,000 INCLUDING the accessories, the dealers should be biting...because that would be almost equivalent to 500 below invoice for ME (since the invoice is about 27,000 and the accessories are around 500)-- but really less than a 500 reduction for them since i'm counting the retail value of the accessories and they aren't.
    but they haven't bit yet.
    Do I expect them to bite at the end of the month?
    Should I expect an even greater discount then? Or does my number of 27,000 including accessories sound like a good deal?
  • ronsteveronsteve Member Posts: 1,194
    so at this price 28,360 your asking the dealers to sell you at 904 below invoice price. but once he adds on the doc fee's of 299 on your bill of sale your at 605 below invoice.
    i think this price is very do-able .

If you're 605 under invoice after the doc fee, you've taken all their holdback. The only profit is the double-secret money from Honda, and IS there any of that right now?

Going in at the end of the month, if he's close to a quota, he may bite... but if he's either made his quota or has no hope of getting a bigger bonus, then he's got no reason to sell that car!
    2015 Acura RDX AWD / 2021 VW TIguan SE 4Motion
    Dealer is grossing ~550, almost all of which is holdback. Out of that they're throwing in the accessories. Incentives from the factory must be really good to make that happen.

When I bought my Accord years ago, there was a little-known $1500 factory to dealer incentive. Dealer made his holdback plus the doc fee, and gave me a reasonable number on my trade. Probably the easiest car deal I ever did.
    i've gotten a quote for 27,267+500 for those accessories on a CRV EX-L AWD.
    So, I reasoned that if i get the car at 27,000 INCLUDING the accessories, the dealers should be biting...

What's the doc fee you've been quoted?

Invoice is 27860. If his doc fee is 300, he's giving you his entire holdback and throwing in the accessories.
    College hills honda. make dealer match college prices or buy it thru there parts dept.

Why do you need wheel locks. Who wants to steal a CRV wheel and rim come on think about it. CRV is a small family suv with ok looking rims.
    wheel locks at college is 36 dollars. I;"m
    sure you could buy a set of wheel locks at pep boys or auto zone for under 20

edited March 2013
    Ronsteve
    Great point on buyers incentive and dealers selling on pricing.
    been buying new cars for 35 yrs playing the same game i speak about on line now. before the internet i would call every dealer and apply my system. With the internet it is so much easier just look at this forum and all the folks helping out with pricing and there tips on buying.

Ive been saying this for many years now the Car Companies have set up this pricing system with M.S.R.P. and Invoice price on all cars. I dont believe that the invoice price you see on these web sites are the real invoice. Only the dealerships bosses know. I dont think the sales people know it either.
    Honda does a great job sticking together and not giving you to much below that dealer-hold back on new end models. late in the year you could buy alot cheaper.
    Toyota , Nissan, all American car companies will give you great discounts on there cars.

If a Internet manager tells you I cant sell you a car for that price which alot do you then ask him to come as close to your number and you will consider it.

I tell everybody the first 27 days of any month you will never get a dealers lowest price. they dont care... Dealers are looking to make as much money off all the un educated car buyers they can. Were all smart buyers so we wont be suckered. dealers are making tons of money off these people.
    I cant believe people make a good deal on a new vehicle then give back to the dealer hundreds of dollars in doc fee's. Dont let these guys get away with it.
    dispute and negotiate every charge..

You guys have nothing to lose asking dealers to sell at 1000 below invoice this month. let each dealership counter your offer if its to low.

If i start at 1000 below invoice price, 40 dealers may say no but 5 may say they can do 800 below.
    If you start your negotiations at 650 below invoice dealers might get you down to 400 below invoice
    Gotta play the game... This is the rules and system they set up. If your a good negotiator you will do just fine on the last day of this month..

Last month on feb 28th i bought a Accord EXL v-6 with wheel locks and mudguards included in the price, 3 free oil changes and doc fee's reduced to 25 dollars. i paid 775 below invoice price i had dealers up in boston and delaware who would of sold me a little cheaper but the savings was not enough for the time factor. i told every dealer i was buying at other dealerships if my price was not met. thats how you play with these guys.

the internet has hurt the car companies thats why your seeing doc fees as much as 700 dollars in some states................ fight these charges..

• jerry2020jerry2020 Member Posts: 1
    Good Morning

As a NJEA Member I have the following price quoted to me.

2013 Honda CR-V AWD 5dr EX-L

MSRP $29,625 $2,265 7.65% off MSRP OTD $27,360 I'm ready to purchase I think this is a great deal. Please let me know.

Jerry
  • bob529bob529 Member Posts: 4
    Bought 2013 CRV EX L 2wd w/o nav. with splash guards last Thursday for 26,300 OTD. I paid tags,title and taxes in my state as I bought this car in Atlanta. The dealer stated their Doc fee was 599. I figured dealer invoice of 25,860+830 dest.+70 dealer cost splashguard=26,760. This put me 460 below invoice or 1059 if you included their doc fee.
    I received an intial quote from new rochelle honda for 27,263 before taxes and dmv-- so I would say that your quote is at LEAST 100 more than it should be.
    Also-- I think the REAL question we all want an answer to is :WHAT IS THE REAL INVOICE PRICE?
    I received an intial quote from new rochelle honda for 27,263 before taxes and dmv-- so I would say that your quote is at LEAST 100 more than it should be.

Does that include their doc fee?

The invoice price is $27860... of course the dealer gets roughly $600 holdback when they sell one of these, but you have to remember they have expenses too.

You and the previous poster are $500-600 under invoice there, so if that includes doc fees, they are relying on their incentive check from Honda to keep the lights on and pay their employees, and also pay the floorplan interest. Unless there's some other double-secret incentive to dealers on CR-Vs right now.

Ask yourself this... is a Honda CR-V a reasonable expense of $27,xxx? That should tell you more about your deal than being pissed off because a dealer might have made $1000 on the vehicle.
  • 28mufields28mufields Member Posts: 5
    this pass weekend got some Internet quote back with this

dealer 1: Price $27,913.00 Doc Fee: $80.00 Registration: $328.75 Tax $2449.39 total OTD is :$ 30,771.14

dealer 2: internet priced at $27,564, Tax and License adds about 10%

Just FYI, the sales tax rate is 8.75% in SF bay area.

is there any rooms for me to ask more lower price? try to follow the tips from this forum to buy at end of March.
    dealer 1: Price $27,913.00 Doc Fee: $80.00 Registration: $328.75 Tax $2449.39 total OTD is :$ 30,771.14

The relevant number for this comparison is $27993, which is $100 into his holdback.

dealer 2: internet priced at $27,564, Tax and License adds about 10%

Did this dealer disclose the doc fee, or will they spring it on you later? If their doc fee is $399 it's the same deal as dealer #1.
    according Edmunds.com the inv price is $27264, so I was guessing maybe I can ask for 27100, or even lower!? the 2nd dealer didn't breakdown the details, but if you add the doc fee + Reg + Tax together, it is is about 10% of the price, because other dealers give me the same doc fee, reg fee all around $300sh, tax are the same here 8.75%. I like hear from all the experience people to help me offer a reasonable price to negotiate with those dealers. Please help, I'm in middle of negotiating with them by emails now.
    edited March 2013
    according Edmunds.com the inv price is $27264

If you would click a step farther, you will see that those figures don't include the $830 destination charge, which is charged to the dealer and passed on to the customer. So invoice is $28094, unless you want him to eat that too.

the 2nd dealer didn't breakdown the details, but if you add the doc fee + Reg + Tax together, it is is about 10% of the price, because other dealers give me the same doc fee, reg fee all around $300sh, tax are the same here 8.75%

Doc fee is relevant, as it is negotiable. If the dealer tells you it's not, then make sure you account for it in your offer. It is possible they could all be charging the max allowed by law. Tax is set by the state. Registration fees are also set by the state.
    edited March 2013
    28 mufields,

Your Sales tax and Registration is set by state. Forget about those numbers for now.
    Work on Vehicle Sale price and doc fee's from all dealers you email or talk with..
    Every dealership you contact the only 2 numbers you are concerned with are .
    -Your asking Sale price and Dealerships doc fee's for the time being. You need to ask every dealership you email or speak to.. HOW much are your Doc fee's.

You need to decide on a below invoice number for your asking price to buy.
    whether its 500, 600, or 700 below invoice make sure you know each dealerships doc fee's and add them onto your asking price.

If your a good negotiator call each dealership and speak directly to the Internet sales Manager and pitch your sale. Do not start before this thursday.
    After you agree on a sale price to buy you then go over the OTD expenses, Doc fee's ,Tax, Dmv, etc. You already put the dealers doc fee's in the sale price of vehicle so its a wash on the bill of sale..

Please post your deal... it will help the other buying members in this forum..

Good luck

Thank you, ronsteve and brian!

there's something very interesting, so now according the edmunds.com the inv price is $27264, and I need add $830 of des charge = $28094. but all of those dealers in bay area give my their initial price are lower then this number, and when I ask them to list the detail of OTD for me, non of them listed this $830 of des charge. will this fee going to add up when I go to sign the final paper? any bay area buyer here can confirm this?

I'm going to take brian's advise that call and close deal after Thur. but so far my best offer is from SF honda:
    Price: $27400
    Tax: $2397.5
    doc: $80
    reg: $304
    - free flat tire service
    - free 1st maintenace
    - free protection package
    OTD = $30181.5

but I still want either the OTD more lower to close at $29K, or this price but add back-up sensors and/or auto day/night mirror.

Please everyone give me your thought, without you guys help, I never able to get what I want from those dealers!
    The destination charge is on the sticker. Unless they are reallllly shady, they are adjusting the sticker to the agreed upon selling price, and I would not expect them to add destination back in. If they do, call them on it!

So for $27480 (Price + doc) they are basically at invoice less holdback, so their "profit" on the vehicle is whatever bonus they are getting from Honda for hitting their numbers. In other words a pretty good deal.
  • marchcarmarchcar Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2013
    So I used Brian's formula and came up with 24027 without documentation fees, registration and taxes. If I take away the doc fees according to the dealership it brings me to 23678...Is this a realistic number to begin negotiations? I plan on purchasing on the 31st. I am located in the Boston area.

I did get a price for 24156 including destination and excluding doc fees (299), taxes 6.25% and registration. any thoughts or where I can go next?

Thanks!!
    edited March 2013
    Boston dealers

Weymouth honda...doc 249
    Herd Chambers............299......3 locations in m.A.

try to close your deal with these dealers on friday.
    Both these dealers were close to 1000 below invoice for my accord i bought on Feb, 28th

Both dealers hate each other .. pit one dealer against the other.
    make sure you tell Weymouth that herb is a few hundred cheaper. Lie if you have to and make your best deal.

Dont settle for getting just the hold -back............ these are high volume dealerships they well deal... Its end of quarter time..

edited March 2013
    Should I say I am looking for a certain OTD price or just try to go with 1000 under invoice plus all the other fees. I guess i am just not clear what # to start with.

GREAT ADVICE! I will definitely go between these 2!!
    edited March 2013
    outside of both dealers doc fee's your state tax and dmv fee's are the same. i would ask for all the otd numbers when making your bid.

1k below invoice at herb is 701 below invoice. doc's are $299
    1k at weymouth is ...... 761 below doc are $239 at weymouth not $ 249

Work the below invoice number 1st both dealers otd numbers are almost same..

You were right about W verse H--- I emailed W at told them a number a bit lower then H and they emailed right away and wanted to know if it included dest fee and doc fees!
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Brian,

You should really go to work at a car dealership for a few months. Then you would REALLY know the business.

I know you mean well.....but......
    26114 is the best price so far...MA area.

Can I go lower?
    edited March 2013
    Just make sure if your emailing these 2 dealerships they know you will buy today for the price you are asking along with any other dealership you speak with. You need to know every dealers doc fee's first before you give them your number.

Your leverage will be in a couple of days. dont worry about email quotes and could i go lower. meet my price i buy now / making your best deal friday or Sat. and not before.

Post how you did for the forum this week........................

I'm glad to see your back.

• jaimie7777jaimie7777 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

The last time I bought a car I got had. I would like to know if this is a good price for a 2013 CRV EX!

Sell Price: $23,786

+ Taxes, Tags (transfer tag), Fees

Total O.T.D. : $26,214.14

I am in Florida!! Thanks!