Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,012
    You made a bad deal and now you want to back out. Yes you can cancel your service Warranty you have the right to. Will dealer honor his end and redo your agreement. Bayridge Honda will not and why should they... You should of known better you have been reading these posts for sometime now.

Call Penn Fed Union and get pre approved for your loan amount with Bayridge honda in the event something goes bad/ in that event just pay off there loan with Penn fed check.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• May I ask what dealer?
  • will123will123 Posts: 8
    Hi Brian and others. I am very interested in your suggestions for a late July pricing offer for the EX-L without nav or res. Invoice including destination is 27,860. I qualify for either conquest or loyalty - that appears to be $500. It looks like flex is down to $500 now. I will take the smallest loan amount to qualify then pay off immediately. (Does anyone know what the minimum loan is to still obtain the flex?)

So we are at 27,860 - 1000 = 26,860.

I can't control DMV or taxes so that leaves us with holdback. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks to all !!!

And when you call/email - do you just say here's my price. Can you meet it?
    edited July 2013
    Will
    On your flex cash question???? I would finance the least amount possible. 5 or 10k. If the dealership insists you finance more than by all means. You want that 500 dollar incentive. If loyalty applies you want to make sure dealer is given you that incentive along with flex cash AFTER you AGREED on the sale price of vehicle. I find by asking dealerships about incentives/rebates and his doc fee's first before we start price Negotiations makes the trans action alot easier. Only Dealers with flex cash to give you deal with first. All other dealers without flex cash go on back of your buying list.

Or you could ask dealerships for price first. Either way gets the job done effectively

If invoice is 27,860 you call/ email all dealers internet mgrs. on the last days of this month and let each dealership know you will buy on that day for 1000 or more below dealers invoice for your make, and model/ color, plus any incentives you may qualify for. You need to ask each dealership after your request to buy if they still have flex cash to give out and is the loyalty still avail. Ask what each dealerships doc fee's are. If a dealership has high doc fee's you add then onto your asking price so its a wash on the bill of sale. If doc fee is lets say $ 299 your asking price to buy that vehicle should be 1299 below invoice price plus incentives.

Check this board to see what kind of pricing people are getting in your area. You might be able to get either more or less than 1000 below invoice. Pricing should be good at the end of july.

Any dealerships that are not internet friendly, Managers who play games / dont give you a straight answer on pricing just thank them and move on. But let each one of those dealerships know your bottom line price to buy to earn your business that day. These kind of dealerships are not up with the times and do not deserve your business.. Dealerships who cant identify the internet buyer today always lose the sale every time by buyers like us..There is no need to step into any dealership to negotiate unless you have a signed contract/ bill of sale by fax or Agreed price with the Out the door numbers by either Internet sales mgr, or manager that is being held with a 500 dollar credit card deposit.

Have fun good luck

Brian

• rvazrvaz Posts: 6
    Hamilton Honda in Hamilton, NJ
  • will123will123 Posts: 8
    Thanks Brian

I looked at posts over the last 6 months and it looks like the discounts increase as time goes on. No surprise there. It looks like the best 2 recent deals adjusting for doc fees were $1,300 and about $1,800 below invoice. Flex and loyalty were then applied on top of this. I netted the doc fee as you suggested so a $1,600 discount with $300 doc fees is really a $1,300 discount.

Given the lateness of the car year, does $1,500 seem reasonable?

And to those who recently got the $1,300 and $1,800 discount, how did you pull that off?
    Yes it is................. The more dealerships you get involved the better chance of hitting your target price. If 1500 is not obtainable in your area lower your offer some to make the sale. 2014 models will be on dealers lots in Sept making for some great deals on the 2013 models

• ken117ken117 Posts: 179
    Your advise is spot on. The only way to get a fair price is to base the offer on dealer cost plus a fair profit of 3 to 5 percent of dealer cost. Basing a purchase on price, any price like True Car, will usually result in paying too much.

There is often an impact if paying in cash. Dealers feel they make less in the F&I office on a cash deal, so they may not sell as low on a cash deal. Probably best to let them think you are financing, at least until you settle on the selling price.
  • ken117ken117 Posts: 179
    You can cancel the extended service contract. That will have no impact on your finance rate or monthly payment. The money will be sent to the finance company and will reduce your principal. In the end you will make less payments.

Important to recognize your financing is not linked to the extended service contract. No finance institution can base the interest rate on the purchase of an extended service contract.

Make sure you do everything in writing. The dealer F&I person will do any and everything to get you not to cancel. Just keep in mind you have the absolute right to cancel. If the F&I person will not work with you demand to see the sales manager or general manager. If necessary tell them you will write to your state's Attorney General. Looks like they lied about the extended service contract and financing. This scam is currently under scrutiny by the Feds. You should be able to google F&I scams to find info. Look under CFPB.

If they won't work with you get the address of the warranty company and work directly with them.

Not sure about the LoJack. If not installed you should be able to cancel.
  • Anyone now when to expect the new 2014 CR-Vs? I've heard that they may come out in September, but others say they may come out in August. Would I get a better deal on a 2013 in September (or whatever month the new 2014s come out) or October?
  • cl5510cl5510 Posts: 1
    Good morning. Im in the process of negotiating a 2013 CRV-EX. Have done some research as to what the invoice is on this and I'm coming up with $24,209. Is this accurate. Also...the following is occurring:

-car automatically comes with Lo-Jack. Who thought of this? I have no use for Lo-Jack and the $695 is crazy.

MSRP is coming in 25725 and the dealer has discounted 1696. All said and done, OTD cost is 28,395. Dealer will not show me complete breakdown of costs so I can take off doc fees and other junk fees.

So two questions....1. What is the best way to handle? 2. What is a fair price for this car?

Thanks.
    edited July 2013
    THE EX AWD model invoice price is $ 24,549 with dest/ charge of $830 brings total invoice price to-----------------$25,379 w .. dest charge

Fair price 1000 below dealers invoice $24,379 plus any rebates and incentives you qualify for which is then minused of the 24,379. Then you add your dmv, doc fee's, and taxes for the OTD price.

As far as low jack find another ex model with out or another dealership.

• chinbajchinbaj Posts: 4
    Hi,

I am looking to buy a new CRV EX-L w/o nav r entertainment.
    The local dealer here in Iowa gave me a number of "$27,960 plus fees and accessories".
    He also mentioned about "Conquest Cash of $500" for owning a non Honda car.
    But hasnt really given me a bill of sale or formal out the door price document.

What should I do.
    Shall I press him to send me the pricing contract or walk in the dealer ship.
    The dealership is about 30 miles from my house and I dont really want to drive all the way and back just so that they can subject me to all sorts of tricks and frustration.

Thanks,
    Chinbaj
  • chinbajchinbaj Posts: 4
    Hi,
    I just filled an online application for a Honda CR-V on the Honda financing site.
    In a few minutes I got an email saying I have been approved, but I don't find any mention of the APR in it.
    I looked at the certificate & even that has no mention of the APR.

Is this normal or does it mean I don't qualify for the 0.9%.

Thanks.
  • mynawallymynawally Posts: 5
    Hi, I'm new here and have been trying to follow this forum. We're interested in buying a new CR-V LX 2WD. I've contacted many dealers in and around my area and the best quote I received was $21,445 incl destination and handling, with an out the door price of 23,094 after t/l. Is this a good price? Or do you think if I waited till the 2014 comes out I would get a much better deal? TIA!
  • bella35bella35 Posts: 2
    edited July 2013
    Hi all! I got an internet quote for $24,300 for the EX 2wd. I think it includes the destination charge. I was planning to go this weekend, as it is close to the end of the month, and asking for $1500 off this invoice price. All that is left to pay is the tag, title, and maybe the doc fee. This will be my first time buying a car. Is this too much to ask off? I am a first time buyer and since the 2014 models are about to come out, I hoping they will give me a good discount off the invoice price. I was planning on also financing, so I could also get the additional $500 flex cash and another $500 Loyalty incentive and just pay off the loan immediately without penalty.
  • arvjarvj Posts: 7
    I've got a quote of $27,700 OTD price for a 2013 CR-V EX-L FWD with no nav or res. It includes the $500 for conquest program and $500 flex cash for Honda financing. It sure is a decent price but great or not considering 2014 model is just round the corner. Any suggestions/inputs?
    edited July 2013
    arvi,

If you want to breakdown your deal i will comment on your posting.
    For starters the OTD price gives no info on your deal. Each state has a different tax rate, doc fee, and dmv charge. .. Post this info

What is the buying Sale price of your model with destination charge included.
    What are the dealers doc fee charge.

If i am correct in assuming your model with dest/charge invoice price is

$26,690

Buying atleast 1000 below dealers invoice is a must for this model in late july with the 2014 rolling out in sept.
    Take another 1k off for incentives. If your sale price to buy is not $24,690 or lower its not a good deal. post what state your in.

• percybpercyb Posts: 3
    Getting ready to buy my first vehicle on my own (recent widow) and am not sure about negotiating.

I really would like the EX-L w navi only because driving alone its hard to know where I'm going all the time. Will the 2014 nav be an upgrade, heard many complaints about the current system. Also wondering about iPhone compatability with text messaging. Not available on the 2013 hope the 2014 is.

Will I be able to get much discount if I buy shortly after they arrive at the dealership if I opt for 2014? Internet pricing seems to be less of a hassle and hopefully better price break.

Thanks!!
  • googligoogli Posts: 2
    I do not know about your preferences for transmission, but for me it was a big consideration while making my purchase.

With the new Accord being rolled out with CVT, many say that the 2014 CR-V will also replace the current automatic tranny with a CVT.

Just something to think about.