Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• 29er29er29er29er Member Posts: 8
    edited September 2013
    Honda CR-V EX AWD Polished Metallic 2013 (one free oil change) - $26550 OTD. That includes destination fees, registration, new plates (do not want to use old ones) etc. but excludes financing @ 0.9% ($600). I did not put any money down. We have more than enough to pay for the car outright but it makes no sense.

I went to Planet Honda two days ago and it was quite a challenge to get there from southern Westchester County, NY. All in all, it was a pleasant experience but I had to haggle real hard. They gave me an equote for $23000. When I came they added destination fees $790, extras (door strip and pretty tape stripe) for $520. lol Once they added everything it came to $27500 I got it to $26700 but I can't see myself driving again that far.

I really like Acura TSX Sport Wagon but I can;t get the price I want. I think I would have to wait until December but the biggest downside was extremely poor MPG.
  • kat91kat91 Member Posts: 5
    Great advice. Thanks so much. I really needed a concrete number to work with! I will update with results!
  • gsairgsair Member Posts: 2
    I helped my mother negotiate a 2014 awd ex-l , with mud guards, wheel locks, and remote start. No other assecories. She got her car from steve padgetts honda of danville va, from internet sales. The two guys name were shane and joey. I live in phoenix, mother lives in va., she just did not want to go thru the high pressure sales tactic. This experience was anything but that. When she picked the car up, the price was the aggreed upon price, the car had a full tank of gas in it, and she was pleased with the deal. The car came with a lifetime warranty on engine and transmmition and the awd part, $100.00 deductible. The price was
    26680.33, + 398.50 doc, plus title and tags. + 365.00 for the remote start. Hope we did okay, guess time will tell. Other dealers would not match that price. She had to ride about 100 miles for the deal
  • gwdewgwdew Member Posts: 9
    "Lifetime warranty on engine and transmission"? I've never heard of that before. Can you explain a little further on that
  • gsairgsair Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2013
    It is new to me also. pull up there website and read about it. A few dealers do it as i see it on some of there sites. I do not know who it is thru, but it is only a plus as it did not cost anything. It says that all scheduled maintenance has to be done though. This is what the site says.

A Warranty Like No Other !!!
    Buy any new Honda from Steve Padgett's Danville Honda and or a 2009 and newer with less than 50,000 miles non-european and you will automatically be covered with our Exclusive Complimentary Nationwide Lifetime Powertrain Warranty! Our Lifetime Warranty is valid and covered at any ASE Certified Facility in the United States, so you can have your vehicle serviced just about anywhere you choose! This means your engine, transmission and axles are covered for as long as you own your Honda!

Your Powertrain Coverage Includes:
    Engine block and cylinder heads and all internally lubricated parts, including: intake and exhaust manifolds; water pump and pulley; fuel pump; thermostat and housing; valve, timing and side covers; engine mounts; harmonic balancer; flywheel and ring gear; seals and gaskets.
    Transmissions/Transaxle/Transfer Case and all internally lubricated parts including: torque converter; pressure regulator valve and switches; solenoids; transmission/transaxle clutch, drums, pistons and steel plates; speedometer gears; bell housing; transmission mounts; seals and gaskets.
    Drive Axle (includes both 4-Wheel and All-Wheel Drive): Differential/axle housing(s) and all internally lubricated parts including: CV joints; front wheel drive axles/half shafts and wheel bearings; u-joints; prop shafts; center support bearings; seals and gaskets.
    -Standard clutch assemblies and component parts are not covered. See warranty documents for details.

Additional Features:
    $100 deductible per each repair visit
    Fluids coverage
    Covers both parts and labor
    Original owner only/non-transferable

Your Responsibilities:
    Have your vehicles serviced as recommended in the Manufacturer's Owners Manual at the prescribed mileage intervals
    Keep copies of all repair orders for all maintenance services performed
    Ensure that both the oil and temperature warning lights are fully operational
    Vehicle Eligibility:
    All new untitled vehicles; new or leased and pre-owned 2009 & newer with less than 50,000 miles
    No emergency, commercial or fleet
    Look forward to hearing back from you. Thank you for giving us this opportunity !
  • lgbarbielgbarbie Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2013
    Looks like a good deal to me. Congratulations!
    My dealer in Virginia (Hendricks) also offers a lifetime powertrain warranty. It's a nice selling feature. From Honda's perspective, if you maintain your car as required, (necessary for the warranty), they theoretically won't ever have to make good on the powertrain warranty. It's a Honda; they last forever if you take care of them.
  • chakschaks Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2013
    We bought 2013 Honda CRV EX for OTD $26,617 in one of the Atlanta Honda dealers. Here is the breakup

MSRP - 25,605.00
    Total price with accessories including 7-yr Protection plan, mud guards, wheel locks, cargo tray - 27,071
    Dealer Fee - 599
    Total - 27,670
    Selling Price - 24,857
    OTD with taxes and title - $26,619.

Is this decent price? They said they cann't take off $699 protection plan, it is included in all their vehicles.
  • ram80ram80 Member Posts: 6
    Is that a fabric and paint protection plan? I personally think it is not needed and worth so much but yeah dealers tend to put it on and charge for it. The price is okay I think, not great.
  • chakschaks Member Posts: 3
    It is cosmetic protection on exterior and interior.
    I don't want to make you feel bad but I saw people posted on this thread that they paid 24K out of the door for 2013 EX (6.25% tax in TX) but that was with no options/accessories though.
  • bob974bob974 Member Posts: 19
    Just an update, I walked into dealers's place he did not honor the price $28000 OTD, (Honda CRV EX-L 2wd).

so it look like bait and switch

looks like CR-V' in phoenix, Arizona tend sell for better prices than rest of the places, I never god quote below $ 29,500 (OTD).
    yes they are offering with 2014 models too, but it looks like some left over discount they are applying to 2013 or 2014 models
    bob,
    So what was their reason for not honoring their email quote? I mean..when they gave you something in an email, how can they not honor it. I am new to car buying to so trying to understand all the tricks they play.

Thanks
    They gave very strange answer they said Manager does not know about prices, hence price cannot be honored.
  • jojo75jojo75 Member Posts: 7
    Looking to buy CRV EX-L with navi. Live in NY. Have been reviewing past posts, looking for anyone who as purchased in my area who could share their buying experience foe this particular model (CRV 2014 EX-L w/navi. Looking to purchase online, something I have done successfully with previous 2 cars I purchased
    Somewhat confused, what is list price vs dealer price for CRV-L AWD with navi? I am looking to purchase this car online. I live in NY (Westchester/Putnam County). Anyone in my area that could share their buying experience for this exact model would be much appreciated. Looking to buy within next week. have been sifting through the past posts for helpful info and gave myself a mental hernia, anyone in NY who recently bought this model and could shed some light, would be sooo appreciated.
  • brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited September 2013
    jojo

here is your breakdown on 14 CRV exl awd w/nav

Invoice = 28,575 plus dest charge of 830= 29,405

Try these dealerships in new york

Friendly honda
    New Rochelle

Yonkers honda... has not been pricing to sell the last few months but its worth a try

1st two mentioned are high volume dealerships. You will make your best deal if you call either of these 2 dealerships the last 2 days last day of the month and present your offer price to buy that day. Remember supply and demand and our area will play a part in pricing.

I would think a good target price might be 500 below invoice price and maybe settling in on a few hundred below or even invoice would make for a good deal right now.

good luck post your deal when done.

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• winedinenywinedineny Member Posts: 3
    DO NOT buy from the New Rochelle dealer...deceptive bottom feeders

Don't believe the crap of a few hundred dollars cheaper. Sounds like tge reply is from a dealer.

There is a lot of room for a bargain but you need to do more research.

Go online and Google FIGHTING CHANCE, I've used it 2x in the last 10 years and did quite well. Salesman and dealers hate it, but it works, you'll save a few grand...YES, A FEW GRAND.

Best luck!
    edited September 2013
    Never try to buy a car from a salesman thats your first mistake. Internet manager and emails is how i get the best price. Never fails. Knowing how and when to buy is the key to making your best/lowest deal.

Save your 40 dollars on fighting chance what you learn in these forums will help you get a great price. Its pretty much common sense that dealers invoice is not there real price of vehicle..

Thats why i always advise when buying new

Take invoice price, minus dealers hold back, and dealers doc fee charge is always a good targeted price starting point to buy. plus minus all incentives and rebates that apply to you of that number.

Thanks for quick response. Question, dealer doc fees, hold back, incentives etc do they vary from dealer to dealer? How does one do their homework to know what those numbers are, is location of dealer a factor? Reviewing various posts over the last few weeks, the numbers people are quoting for breakdown of costs for same model with same options seem to vary, making it hard for this pea brain of mine to get a true sense of costs, its like comparing apples to oranges. I will continue to follow the posts and do my research, your input is welcomed
    edited September 2013
    NY doc fee's are capped at 75 dollars. NJ doc fee's vary at different dealerships they can run anywhere from 249 to 400 dollars. You need to ask dealerships before making you offer price. Every state has different otd pricing due to taxes and dmv charges. Concentrate on getting the lowest sale price for the vehicle and know what each dealerships doc fee charges are.
    Dealer hold back you can find on the edmunds home page. Honda is 2% of msrp price. I posted earlier.... if you could get 500 below dealers invoice price would be a good deal right now.. NY is a hard market for anything lower right now on a 2014 model. On a 2013 model you would need to get at least 1500 below for that model being its a 10 month old model and on Jan,1st its considered a 1year old SUV not a 3 month old suv. If you total or have 2013 stolen after jan,1 your car has depreciated 1 full year thats what INS will pay out.

Thanks again Brian. Good Info & much appreciated...helped clear up a few of the "car buying" cobwebs residing in my head these days! I will continue checking in with this forum to see if anyone living in the tri-state area pops in and shares their buying experience, dealer location, costs etc for a 2014 crv-l with navi. I Live in NY (westchester/putnam counties).. I plan to internet purchase, and am willing to drive/purchase anywhere within tri-state (NY CT NJ) so I'm open to a fairly wide net.
    I am planning to purchase 2014 CRV-L AWD w/Navi via Internet and in the process of doing my "homework". Also trading in my Odyssey. Plan to nail down purchase price of new car with Internet Manager first. Just not sure how a trade-in is handled when buying a car through Internet. Would appreciate anyone who could share their experience and give me the "how to's" on a trade in aspect of things. Thanks!
  • cuysecocuyseco Member Posts: 45
    I am looking for recommendations about dealers in my area.
    How much could be a good price OTD for the AWD-LX 2013 in Texas??
    Thanks
  • percybpercyb Member Posts: 3
    I am also looking for a 2014 ex-l w nav. I live in West Virginia and we have few Honda dealers in our state so the ex-l w nav is sometimes difficult to find. I live close to Columbus OH area but WV DMV told me I have to pay tax in WV to get license and get tax refund from the dealership if I buy out of state. Has anyone done this before? Or will I be stuck paying high prices due to limited inventory? This forum has been such a great reference thought I was ready to make the purchase the end of this month but don't know if I can find what I want.

Thanks!!
    Got a quote for CRV EX-L for $ 29,000 OTD which includes Tax $2,122 $ 450 documentation $ 480 for title) makes vehicle price is $ 25,948

is it a good deal?
  • pupppupp Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2013
    I paid $22,000.00 for Honda CRV LX 2WD 2014. This includes destination charges. Break up
    CRV + Destination charges = 22,000.00
    Dealer Processing charge = 190.00
    Loan processing fee = 90.00
    Tags + Registration Fees = 300.00
    Tax's (@ 6%) = 1,320.00

On Road price $ 23,920.94

I got finance from the dealer @ rate of 1.99% for 60 Months.
    edited September 2013
    Put together your 3 best offers and then go down to dealerships to see who will give you best price on your trade in. Do not mention trade.... work on getting your lowest sale price of new suv. when you go down to dealers tell each one you decide to trade your vehicle in. Most dealers in NY use Galves and some use nada for used pricing. i would print out Edmunds and kbb used price to counter there offer.

• cjcalcjcal Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone had a good experience and price with a dealer in Seattle/ Tacoma for a CRV 2013/2014 EXL?
    Got a quote for CRV EX-L for $ 29,000 OTD which includes Tax $2,122 $ 450 documentation $ 480 for title) makes vehicle price is $ 25,948

is it a good deal?
    once again, good advice Brian. As a follow up so I'm clear, you say take my 3 best offers to the dealerships, tell them I've decided to trade in & see who gives me the best trade in price. I get that, but since all my dealings up until this point will have been via email with the Internet Manager, am I to have this conversation about trade in with the Internet Manager? If so, am I wrong in assuming Internet Mangers are often off-site. Could I not have that initial conversation about trade in via email with Internet Manager once I'm satisfied I've got my lowest price on the car I want to buy? I do realize someone at dealership will ultimately need to physically inspect my car before giving me a trade in price, I'm just looking to keep to a minimum the number of times I have to drive to a dealership. As you can probably guess, this is going to be my first voyage buying a car with a trade in (yep, there's still a few of us "newbies" out there when it comes to trade ins) so some basic 101 in approach at the dealerships once I've got my 3 lowest email offers would be a help. Thanks for the heads up on dealer used car pricing here in NY.
    edited September 2013
    agree... Once you nail down your best price with dealer 1 try to get dealer 2 and 3 to match or come close to that selling price. After you have 2 maybe 3 good prices contact internet managers and tell them you have decided to trade in your car. who should you see when getting to there dealership. Start with lowest price dealer. If he gives you a bad trade price walk away tell them you need to think about it. Go to next dealership get his trade in price etc etc. Alot of times a dealer will give you a great new car price and a fair trade in value. Make the best deal of them or sell private. Print out and bring with you Edmunds and kbb used car pricing to dealerships. show him your not a herb you want a fair price or you walk. Remember the dealer is looking to make a few buck off you so consider that with your trade in.... especially if your getting a good new car deal. What also helps you is.... The trade in price gets deducted off sale price of SUV lowering your tax table.

good luck post how you did..

Got it. Glad I asked. glad you answered. Aiming to make things happen by end of month...will post. Many thanks again Brian.
    k

We decided to buy 2013 Honda CR-V EX-L in Urban Titanium with leather seats (no navi) AWD.
    We paid $26900 + NY sales tax + plates/paperwork with $500 down at 0.9%. Our monthly payment is going to be around $505.

We were considering CR-V EX polished metallic with grey interiors but it looked quite unattractive. The price was $24500 + sales + registration/fees. The payment would have been around $464.

Our Fit got totaled few ago by some maniac when it was parked outside house. We get an outstanding load of $5500 on it. Luckily we got all the money money back.

Westchester County, NY.

ADVICE

Do not go to a dealer and demand the price right off the bat or you will get rejected. You have to work the price, be friendly, find a nice dealer and eventually you will get it. Since I am from Europe I do not have problems with it but I saw a lot of Americans behaving like [non-permissible content removed].... when buying a car. It is your money and you can always walk out.
  • kitty_123kitty_123 Member Posts: 2
    I paid $21,500 + ttl for Honda CRV LX 2WD 2013.
    Is this a good deal?
    Your deal is $743 below dealers invoice price. Not the best deal and by far not the worst deal..

Enjoy your new Crv

• tco05tco05 Member Posts: 8
    edited September 2013
    Hey Brian, what's a good invoice number for 2013 EX and EX-L? I'm going to start emailing dealers on Monday for a purchase between Friday - Sunday.
    edited September 2013
    1300 to 1700 should be your target price to buy a 2013 and almost 10 month old model CRV... On jan 1 2014 if your CRV is stolen or deemed totaled in a accident your insurance will pay out for a 1 year old model not a 3 month old one. So what is the depreciation value of a 1 yr old CRV?? I would figure at least 1500 or more the first yr.

If i could get a 2014 at invoice price i would buy it over a 2013 for 1k below. If i could get close to 1500 below on a 2013 i might buy it. If my scenario does not come into play than buying that 2013 for 1200 below was a good buy. The first 3yrs is when a vehicle depreciates the most.

Dont forget to account for dealerships doc fee charges..

If a dealer has doc fee's of 300 dollars and you buy a 2013 for 1200 below invoice that means your really buying price was 900 below. To counter that charge if dealers has high doc fee's.... is to add it onto your asking price so its a wash when your finalizing the whole deal..

If i want 1200 below and the dealerships doc fees are 300 i tell dealer for 1500 below invoice i buy that moment. If he starts with thats a low price you mention to him the things i spoke about
    Its a 10 month old model ,,, new2014's ones are on the lots
    your dealerships doc fee's are xxx

Supply and demand will play a big part in pricing. If dealership has only 1 or 2 of your model he might not want to sell vehicle that cheap to you knowing another uneducated buyer he will sucker into paying alot more.. In that case look to buy a 2014 for invoice price or alittle below .

good luck post your deal when done.

• kitty_123kitty_123 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks! I know it's too late to ask but what's a good deal for LX?
    edited September 2013
    My above post of applies to all 2013 models.

• specdanspecdan Member Posts: 13
    Looking to Buy in Northern California, Nevada.
    Need some Prices paid.
    Thanks
  • jaymatjaymat Member Posts: 3
    too much I made an offer 26.800 inclusive of dest fee 800$( but not tax tag etc) and they said they would match that at another dealer as well in florida which seems about the same as other states.
    $26900 including destination fees here.
    Hello Brian

Just wondering does any one sells below $ 1,000 to $1700 off on invoice price for CRV ?. I am not sure

here in phoenix inventory is so low every dealer has a maximum of one or two crv's in their lot.

If I consider $$$ of on invoice and add back doc fees you may get it at invoice price not less than that and on the top of it dealer installed options costing anywhere between $ 1000 to $ 2000 in all cases they just refused to sell vehicle without them,

Options like your paint protection, alarm etc., running into couple of thousands.

one more thing one of the dealer told me that flex cash is back in this weekend it is $ 500 for Honda financing.

hope this helps
    edited September 2013
    Hi bob

Yes alot of dealers have sold for 1000 to 1700 below invoice price.. The problem that you are finding in AZ. is Supply and demand on 2013 models. When dealer have very little or just one vehicle in stock they will not sell it for xxx price. They know someone will buy that model from now til Dec, at dealers price. Thats how this car buying game works.

You have 3 choices

1- take the lowest price offer on a 2013 model making your best deal at the end of this month.
    2- Buy/ order a 2014 model as close to invoice price as possible.
    3- Travel out of state to find better pricing.

• prozarioprozario Member Posts: 2
    Is this a good deal on the EXL 4WD from legend leasing. $309/month, $1500 damage waiver included and No Disposition Fee. Add Tax, $595 bank fee & DMV Fess. Includes 12k miles per year.

Assuming i don't want to keep the car after the least, and being that it is 0 down - does monthly payment look reasonable? Didn't call them for breakdown of the numbers yet, but just wanted to get a general idea from people.
    You need to post this message in the CRV leasing forum someone there will help you break down this deal. Further info is needed to decide

Selling price
    Cap cost
    money factor rate
    residual
    Dmv fees and doc fee's

• prozarioprozario Member Posts: 2
    thanks
    Hello Brian

thanks for your reply you are spot on, just found out pricing for 2014 Honda CRV EXL they are selling at $ 525 over invoice I am not sure if they godown on invoice price

The best quote I got so far( two of quotes when I stepped into dealerships they said they cannot honor for price becoz vehicle is not available etc.,) $29,400 looks like August is best month to buy than September same vehicle I was offered for $ 28,200 had to spend $ 1200 more now
    Thanks