Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• revivalrevival Member Posts: 1
    I checked Carsdirect.com and they're only discounting $200 for all the models. That seems really low especially for Southern California where there are over 30 Honda dealers. Is $1000-$1500 a realistic goal?

Or should I just go with the Pilot?
  • blufz1blufz1 Member Posts: 2,045
    Take the invoice price including destination for the car. Deduct all incentives and rebates. Also deduct 2% of invoice for dealer holdback. That's your 1st offer. Now what could be so hard about that? The rebates, incentives,invoices are right here on edmunds. Do your own work and you will learn more.
  • zhenglongzhenglong Member Posts: 4
    Hi, I am going to move to southern CA. Have you every contact the dealer there about CRV? How much discount can you get from them.I checked several dealer, they could only offer me 500$ from MSRP. What is the best dicount can you get from them?
    Honda CRV LX 4WD--OTD $22450 in Michigan (including every thing, 6%tax, title, plate, doc fee), good or not?
    Can somebody get a better deal?
    MSRP: 22395 including destination charge.
  • kst1kst1 Member Posts: 22
    Does anybody know whether Honda typically has any incentives on CRV around August? I am wondering if its worth waiting on a CRV till August atleast. I cant recall what Honda has done in the past years for incentives in fall. Thanks!
  • stevecarstevecar Member Posts: 148
    Whether or not they've had it in the past doesn't matter. The New York Times reviewed the CRV on Sunday and they basically said Honda is selling them as they come off the truck. Also, there are relatively few ads showing the CRV. Unless something changes, Honda won't have to lower anything. That is unless for 2008 Honda decides to do something so special that it would make the 07's unwanted.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Yeah, that'll work! NOT!

A zero profit deal on a CRV!
    People have come to expect incentives. This is what the industry has done to itself.

There is no reason to place incentives on popular cars that are selling well!
  • troublemaker1troublemaker1 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks to everyone for all the info. Just purchased an 07 CR-V LX 4WD. Bottom line, taxes ,plates, etc. (CT tax 6%)
    ( Reg 2yrs, new plates not transfer/233.00) 23615.20.
    Includes all season mats. Purchased extended warranty on line from Saccucci,7yrs/120,000/miles 100.00 deductible for 805.00
    All done with extended warranty $24420.20
    Dealership is Mt Kisco Honda.
    They offered extended warranty 5yr/100,000 for 800.00, said they couldn't match other offer.
    Thanks all for the info. I have just buy Honda CRV 07 LX-AWD. OTD $22450, including tax, paper work, title and registration. Auto loan from my bank fixed rate 5.74% for 36 months.
    Car price is around $20075.
    I got 2 price quote around $22500 for this model. Others are from $23300 to $23800. Seems a good deal for me.
  • blufz1blufz1 Member Posts: 2,045
    Great buy! I guess you didn't buy it from isellhondas.LOL.
    I'll bite my tongue here....

If they really sold that CRV for 20,075, they lost money. There are no incentives on CRV's.

I suppose they could give them away if they wanted to.
  • sailormbsailormb Member Posts: 3
    My otd price in FL was 24,100; which did not include extended warranty; you got a better deal than I could find here on the west coast or even central FL. Way to go!
  • boxstergboxsterg Member Posts: 9
    I called my dealer that I purchase all of my Hondas from and they offered me $26050 + TTL=$28540 OTD for a royal blue. I really don't want the navigation since since I have it in my Porsche and my Acura. I am looking ofr a Royal Blue or Tango Red. This was the only thing he had in stock. So is $750 off the MSRP a great deal? It sound like it is and I shold jump on it. They closed and I will let him know in the AM if I want it. He also offered me $500 off the 2 EX-L's he has in stock. Unfortunately, I am not in the market for the colors has in the EX-L without NAV.

It would appear that this is a great deal. Can someone please confirm for me? :confuse:
  • guru_gguru_g Member Posts: 62
    I got $1500+ off MSRP on my EX 4WD. I think you could do a lot better if you try to get a quote from several dealers in your area at the end of the month. I found internet quotes to be better than going to the store in person.
    Do you have NAV in your vehicle? The difference in invoice price between the 2wd and the 4wd is $1113. You have a larger margin to work with. I may be able to squeeze another $300 on it.

Should I ask for $1000 off and the trunk tray, side moldings and floor mats. Would that be a good deal for this vehicle?
  • kst1kst1 Member Posts: 22
    When will the 2008 CRVs be hitting the dealerships? Any idea on the prices- unchanged/higher than the current models?
    Well, the thing is TWO different dealer give me this price. $22450 OTD for LX 4WD. I have to believe that at least they get some profit from this deal. Maybe this is their bottom line.
    The funny things is both price were getting from internet sale manager. I could never get price below 23300$ from the regular office manager. Maybe they are competing each other.
    I am trying to compare apples to apples on this. My quote for the EX-L w/ NAV was $26,645 Plus destination $595 plus TTL for a total of $28540 OTD. Has others received anything better than this offer.
  • crvme3crvme3 Member Posts: 140
    Go back through & read earlier posts... I completely agree with boxsterg, people were getting $500.00 to $750.00 off MSRP back in December of last year on '07 CRV's... at this late stage you should most definately be able to do better. Good luck to you :)
  • guru_gguru_g Member Posts: 62
    I do not have a NAV in my vehicle (EX cloth seats). I would be very reluctant to pay more than $500 over the invoice price (you can look up the invoice price on edmunds).
    The catch is that I have to wait until he gets one in my color. I am not in a hurry so I can wait. He said it would be about 4 weeks before he could get one to more.
  • adubadub Member Posts: 1
    I just bought my 07 CR-V 2WD EX for $1045 off of MSRP at Vista Ventura Honda in Ca.

MSRP: 23445
    Purchase: 22400
    OTD: 24300 (CA tax is high)

I was worked with Peter Gonzalez.
  • strangeicestrangeice Member Posts: 1
    Hello, it is great. Could you please send me the dealer to my email at strangeice AT hotmail DOT come. thanks you very much!
  • kalukalu Member Posts: 1
    I am wanting to purchase the CR-V 07 LX AWD, which is the best dealership in NY/NJ to get a good deal.
  • bigedfrombkbigedfrombk Member Posts: 21
    Hi toublemaker1,

I'm interested in an extended warranty. Please inform how I can get one online from Saccucci. Thank you.
  • mnfmnf Member Posts: 405
    You just put the car information in select the one you want then pay. I received my information within a few days very easy no hassle.

Good luck MNF

https://www.myhondawarranty.com/plans.php?action=step2&makeID=1&modelID=10&year=2006&mileage=20&stateID=48&plan_typeID=1&commercial=no&commercialUsage=no&Submit=Submit
  • greatideagreatidea Member Posts: 1
    Hello everyone. I have been lurking here for the past 3 months, trying to educate myself on the art of getting a great deal. Well, today I tried to apply those skills and got the following deal:

Today, 06/15/2007 I purchased a Glacier Blue 2007 Honda EX-L 2WD (no Nav) for $24,604 before TT&L. This price includes destination charge and some things that all the dealers seem to add such as cargo tray, splash guards, door edge guards, and wheel locks. I also got them to throw in cross rails for the roof rack.

The finance guy matched Saccucci's price for Honda Care extended warranty, I bought the 8 year / 120,000 for $985. (He said this was dealer cost.)

Also purchased the "Active" alarm, for $389.00 which he said was dealer cost. This is different from the passive theft deterrent that is included with the vehicle. Having an active alarm saves me 20% on my car insurance from Safeco.

Doc and DMV Fees were $313.75
    Sales tax was $1941.22

Final OTD price with extended warranty and alarm was $28232.97

Purchased from Tipton Honda, El Cajon, CA. (A few minutes East of San Diego.)

I just emailed several dealers around San Diego. Tipton's internet department's first offer was very good, and they were willing to beat anyone else. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a good deal here in San Diego.

Thanks to everyone who has posted, as I really appreciate the information you provided. The knowledge you provided certainly helped me get a deal that I am very happy with.

- Jay
    My price for the vehicle was as OTD $28544.23 for the vehicle. I added tint and the cargo tray. I also requested life time oil changes thrown in as a condition. The received $750 of the MSRP which was the best I could find for the this vehicle. It is royal blue. Currently, when I looked with another dealer he showed me that that was the only one in Royal blue with NAV currently in the state. He said the dealer would nt trade it to him. There was probably a shipment that arrived last night. Oh well, I dont mind too much since the resale on the CRV's is pretty good. It is strictly being used for my business.
  • jopamorajopamora Member Posts: 1
    I paid $22,874 before TT&L from the internet department at Sport Honda in Silver Spring. Picked up the car and was out of the dealership in 1.5 hours. I was actually dreading it because the past couple times I picked up a car I was stuck at the dealership for over 4 hours. Overall this was the best car buying experience for me. The interweb rocks!
  • bobbo55bobbo55 Member Posts: 25
    I just picked up my new glacier blue EX-L at Harbor honda in Merrillville Indiana yesterday.I traded my 2004 CRV for the 2007.They took off approx. $800 on the 07 CRV and gave me $15000 for my 04. I also bought the all weather floor mats, the other 2 splash guards, and the cargo mat. So the difference was $12200. So I gave them a cashiers check for the $12200 and now the 2007 EX-L CRV is mine.I have bought about 5 Hondas from Harbor honda through the years. They are wonderful to deal with.This is my 3d CRV.This one seems to drive so well and it handles great on the road.The acceleration is might better than the 04 CRV.It seems to be less noisy on the road than the 04.I just Love it.I just hope the MPG will be good.Time will tell.
  • mcwenzelmcwenzel Member Posts: 37
    Picked up a Glacier Blue 2007 CRV EX-L AWD at Marin Honda on 6/16/07 for $24,756. Both El Cerrito Honda and Manly Honda offered similar pricing. SF Honda promised to match but offered nothing in writing and appeared evasive.

MSRP $26,595
    Sale Price $24,756
    Doc Fee $55
    License Fee $161
    Registration/Titling Fees $64
    California Tire Fee $8.75
    San Francisco County Tax $2,109
    Total Price $27,154

Financed through AHFC at 6.29%. Credit union offered slightly lower rate of 6.14% so price paid for car was very slightly reduced at last minute as incentive to finance through Honda.

Marin was a pleasure to deal with, as it has been in the past. No drama and no attempt was made to sell me anything additional other than I was given an explanation of the Honda Care extended warranty.

One can probably extract a better deal in the Bay Area as I hardly did any negotiating as I needed the car and just wanted to get the deal done, and Marin Honda is a convenient location for me.
  • spence25spence25 Member Posts: 1
    $4,000 trade in per the dealer. Trade in is fine. EX-L/Navi with trade in $24,500 out the door. Really looking for 23.5-24.0. Any thoughts?
    I paid 28540 OTD in Houston area. I think the deal could have been done for about $800 less but I had to much on my plate. tax is 6.25%. Not bad but not that great either. My understanding is that there isn't much discounts on the CR-V's in the past either. I have heard that usually it is about $1200 max. If that is true, then $750 off MSRP wasn't too bad for the number of cars available.
  • troublemaker1troublemaker1 Member Posts: 3
    Kalu,
    Bought mine at Mt Kisco Honda, in Bedford Hills,NY.
  • tampafredtampafred Member Posts: 7
    The local dealership finally got in the model (EX-L, 2 WD, no NAVI) I was looking for in one of my color choices (metallic blue) last week. The one Honda dealership here in Gainesville is selling all the 2007 CR-Vs they get very quickly so I decided it was time to go ahead and buy one.

The total OTD price was right at $26,600. Breakdown is $24,490 for the car (including dest. fee) BUT, being that this is Florida, with it's DEALER FEE scam (i.e EXTRA PROFIT),it's necessary to add in the $499 dealer fee to this "price" to get the real price of $24,989. A mere $405 under MSRP. It did include mud guards and cargo tray though.

Not an especially great deal but the best I was able to find. Dealer's in Florida don't seem to be discounting as much as those in California. Some of the dealers in Orlando weren't even interested in matching this price. Supply and demand I guess.

The rest of the costs were for TTL.

Dealer got me financing at 5.79%, a bit lower than my credit union, who could only get me 5.99%

Anyways, the car is great so far. No buyers regret. Wife and kids love it too.

Gas mileage around town for the first 200 miles has been around 23 mpg.
  • wendyhukwendyhuk Member Posts: 4
    I've just been quoted $22000.00 from Huntington Honda for a CRV AWD 4 door LX. They want me to pay $290 per month to purchase the car, fianancing through them. I then had an e-mail from Baron Honda in Patchogue who said they would take $21,599.00. however I haven't talked to them yet.

Should I be talking the guys down on the MSRP price or the invoice price? what is reasonable to ask for below invoice price. Does sticker price mean Invoice of MSRP?
    Thanks for your help :confuse:
  • neseynesey Member Posts: 1
    I had a terrible time buying a car at College Park Honda. I called early in the day to speak with a sales manager. I gave him a quote that I had gotten from a different dealer and asked if he could beat it by $500.00. He said yes it was no problem and to come on in. I told him I didn't want to waste my time if he couldn't beat it. He again said no problem. When I got to the dealership after the test drive we sat down to talk numbers. As soon as we sat down he said he couldn't give it to me for the price we discussed on the phone but he would do it for $100 more than that price. He made me sign a sheet that siad I would take the car that night if he could get that price.
    After waitinf for another 15 minutes he comes back and says he can't give it to me for that price and can't even beat the price I originally gave him over the phone. He totally wasted my time because he knew that when we were talking on the phone. I will never go to College Park Honda again. I'm still looking for a good price in the MD/DC/VA area.
  • rrbhokiesrrbhokies Member Posts: 108
    I had a good experience at Hendrick Honda in Woodbridge, VA. It wasn't the best deal found on these forums, but I was able to negotiate $1K under Retail for a fully loaded EXw/Leather and Nav in the hard to find Tango Red that just showed up on their lot. I figured it was a fair deal for a popular hard to find color.
  • marig0107marig0107 Member Posts: 92
    I had a terrible time buying a car at College Park Honda

well that sucks...I am so sorry you went thru that!

I am almost jealous to see how much more negotiating room there is now for the CRV's than there was back in march when I bought mine. Seemed like nobody in these parts were coming down much from the msrp. But I needed a car right then so that gave us less wiggle room!

Hang in there! you'll get what you are looking, down to color if you want. Okay, I didn't get color because the color I wanted was in the toyota line, but I got my first choice color in the Honda line at least! So will you!

And good job not signing any commitment letters! So unethical in my book! You can either get me what I want or not. And any letter signing should be on dealer's part for prices and availability, not the consumer!

You have all the power by being able to walk out the door!
  • debzanidebzani Member Posts: 2
    I want to buy a 2007 Honda CR-V in greensboro, NC. Can anybody points me toward a good dealer and also what is a good price for that model in that area?
  • fmayberryfmayberry Member Posts: 33
    Nessey - One of the cars I am considering on my short list is the CR-V. In searching for prices for an EX-L, on this forum I came across a recommendation for Heritage of Westminster, MD. I checked the dealership out. They had very aggressive price on the EX-L. I have been dealing with the Internet Sales team. Gave me the price up front, easy going, and no games. I would suggest you check them out. I have no association with the dealership other than looking to possibly buy a car from them.
  • coolboarder5coolboarder5 Member Posts: 1
    Los Angeles Price Paid

Internet Quote: $22,0059.00
    OTD Price: $24,198.16
    Power Honda Valencia (Magic Mountain)

I requested a quote late Monday 6/18 on Edmunds.com.
    Got a quote from Power Honda Tuesday morning 6/19. ($22,0059)
    I requested the final OTD price. Reply came at $24,256.00 +/- a hundred dollars.
    Went to dealership at 7PM and drove home in new car at 9PM. It was a very positive experience with them. The only thing I did was decline their Warranty offer like 5 times because we decided ahead of time we didn't want it. There wasn't much "pressure", but definitely a lot of indirect persuasion. Other than that it was totally straight-forward. It would've taken an hour only but believe it or not, they ran out of DMV Registration forms and had to track one down.
  • badcopbadcop Member Posts: 1
    Invoice + Destination= 26622
    Price paid = 26975
    Options included in final price: LoJack

I purchased a '07 CR-V, EX-L AWD + NAVI in glacier blue about one month ago for $353 above invoice, but that price included a LoJack vehicle tracking system (which Cardirect.com retails for ~ $700 + installation).

Overall, I'm happy with the price, but not with the transaction. I received a ridiculously low e-mail quote (about $300 below invoice). It smelled like bait , but after I confirmed the price over the phone with the fleet manager, I bit and went to the dealership to write a check. Only at the very last moment before signing did the dealer reveal that the car had the LoJack system added as an option, and that the actual price would be Invoice + $700. It took an hour of haggling to get to the final price. I would have walked out, except that it was Mother's Day and I wanted to replace my wife's car, which was essentially unsafe to drive. I've also learned from this forum that this dealership has played "LoJack Surprise" before.

Anyway, it's still a good price. I can justify it as either paying at invoice with a steeply discounted LoJack system or getting the car at $350 below invoice, and paying retail for LoJack.

My advice: always negotiate from invoice price (I never even looked up MSRP), get e-mail or telephone quotes from at least 3 or 4 dealerships before walking in, and be ready to walk out.
  • debbiecollisondebbiecollison Member Posts: 2
    I've decided on EX-L 2WD (no Nav). The local dealer (Eastern Shore of Maryland) said there's not much negotiating room under MSRP due to popularity of vehicle & low markup on CRVs...so that basically makes the price 25395 (destination.) How would you suggest I pursue bargaining on this model?
    PS - No doubt this is the car I want!!!
  • ccacpccacp Member Posts: 117
    Try Westminster Honda of the Heritage Group.
  • jonreajonrea Member Posts: 2
    :shades: :shades: Just bought a 2007 from Boch Honda in Norwood, Ma. Got it for $26k (including destination), put a last minute doc fee of $298 in, put my cost at $26,298. I think big shops are willing to move these cars now that '08s are coming out. Boch Honda is AWFUL to deal w/, but you can save some $$$ b/c they move A TON of Hondas. Hopes this helps, love the car in the first week.
    2WD or 4WD?
  • jonreajonrea Member Posts: 2
    4WD
    That's a great price!!