Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• smackldogsmackldog Member Posts: 82
    Supplemental info (from previous message):

MSRP is $24,150 + 635 freight = $24,758
    Invoice is $22,245 + 635 freight = $23,092

Base sales price: $22,257 + freight + options + $49 proc. fee + tags/title = $23,828.55 OTD

Difference below invoice + destination -200.00
    Difference below MSRP + destination -1,893.00

Notes/Observations:
    1. Given the tough market here in the Wash DC area where CR-Vs are deemed to be "hot" and there weren't any incentives or marketing support dollars for 2008 models, I believe I got a pretty decent deal in the end. I had requested and received a total of 23 quotes in order to get a representative sampling of prices from dealers in MD, VA, and two in PA. Plus, the Green Tea Metallic color isn't a very common color compared to Whistler Silver Metallic and Glacier Blue Metallic, so most dealers don't have them.

2. Some of the dealers, such as Leesburg Honda actually quoted above MSRP and one particular dealer, Bill Page Honda, actually even tagged on an "Adjusted Market Value +$2,999" price their list of dealer-added options/prices on the vehicle's window when I stopped by to look around.

3. The lowest price that I was quoted (after the counteroffers) was Heritage Honda in Westminster, MD (about 2 hours from me) turned out to be a "bait & switch"; it was too good to be true and the price went up an additional $1K at the end and they didn't even have the GTM color in stock.

4. The sales manager that I spoke to at Ourisman Honda of Laurel (second lowest price) was an interesting experience: they just received a GTM CR-V from a dealer-trade but the vehicle had $681 in added options and the price went up by $300. But the best part was the SM's attitude: it would put any fast-talking politician or used-car salesperson to SHAME and really personifies the bad reputation that car dealers exhibit. Email me if you want the full details. :P

5. Landmark Honda, where I had previously purchased my wife's '07 Accord (and mentioned on the first post in this thread) didn't seem to value the business of a repeat customer nor the long-term relationship that comes with it. Instead, the sales person was more interested in his incessant whining over CSI ratings and let me walk over a few hundred dollars, but that was a blessing in disguise, so I thanked him for that. They no longer have my future business or referrals.

In all, the purchasing experience at Sport Honda was stress-free and straightforward with no "games" or hard sell. From the sales person (whom I was referred to by "ddwmew", another Edmunds member that I had teamed up with back in July to purchase the Accords) to the business manager, they were professional, courteous and a joy to work with.

PS--If you're interested in seeing a copy of my spreadsheet or PDF of my research and the prices, drop me a note.
  • 24on48off24on48off Member Posts: 5
    We had a difficult time finding one in the color we wanted (black) and had to wait a month for it to be shipped across the ocean. The dealers were looking for one in five different states!
    I negotiated with several dealers in the Portland Metro area (Oregon) some were willing to talk, others wouldn't budge from sticker price plus they were adding additional marked up accessories. Sometimes the local market just doesn't allow normal discounts found in other parts of the country.
    We ended up splitting the difference between invoice and MSRP.
    Walked out the door at $28,025.
  • janukuttijanukutti Member Posts: 4
    Hi

Congrats.

I was looking at EX for quite some time but dealers near my area are not willing to below MSRP. If u don't mind send me your research notes - honda.crv.2008@gmail.com

Will it worth travelling across states to buy this? ( I live in PA)

thanks
    Janukutti
    Janukuttii --

Whereabouts are you in PA? Get a quote from Apple Honda in York, PA (www.applehonda.com) if you haven't already. They quoted me a base sales price of $22,265 (not including freight, tax, fees, etc.) which put them in the #3 ranking of my 23 dealers. If I wasn't able to secure a deal from a dealer in MD or VA, I would have purchased from Apple Honda.
  • rajankrajank Member Posts: 3
    My 28400 didn't include 635 destination charge. The invoice price I got was from Edmunds and also recall one of the dealers mentioning it on the phone. The quote was given by Planet Honda in NJ. Based on many of the posts this price still seems high. I am hoping to get this lowered by another $1000. I am in no hurry but would like to get it done by end of this month. Let me know what your timeline for making this purchase is.
  • bomowobomowo Member Posts: 9
    I hope to get it done in a week or so. I try to get a price from edmunds but they don't include any accessories. Like prices for roof racks or running boards but I can do without those. All I want is an 2008 EX-L w/ NAV. I'm just wondering if it's possible to get invoice for these car right now. Everyone is saying it's a hot item but I don't really see that many around the NJ area.
  • robsdadrobsdad Member Posts: 20
    Trying to buy a 2WD EX Honda CR-V. Keep getting quoted $23585 + TTL. Way too high I suspect. Anyone in Atlanta find a great dealer to buy a honda under MSRP?

My brother in law works for Ford. Can get 2-3% off dealer invoice + incentives for an Explorer. But i really want to go with honda (reliability).

So I guess my questions are:

1. Would you get the CRV or the Explorer? We are a family of three right now.... maybe 4 later.

2. Where are the SUPERIOR Atlanta dealerships who know how to deal AND take care of the customer after the sale.

Thank You!
  • cc150cc150 Member Posts: 7
    I was quoted an email price from Autowest Honda in fremont for $19,500 (rounding off here) and Dublin Honda said $100 under any email quote price. Called Dublin Honda, told them the email, told them what day I'd be in, brought both emails, test drove the car, said I'll take it, went inside and wrote a check for $21,395.13.
    Yes that is below invoice. Key is to go at the end of the month so they meet their quota and want to get rid of a car.
    I hope those were the details you were looking for, other than that email me I guess. loonichic@aol.com
    Here is the summary of the 23 price quotes (after final counteroffers) that I had compiled from the dealers. Note that these prices are just the base sales price and does not include destination/freight, processing fees, any dealer-installed options or accessories, sales tax, tags/title, and any other fees.

DEALER...........................................................SALES PRICE
    Heritage Honda - Westminster, MD.....................21,165.00
    Ourisman Honda - Laurel, MD.............................21,739.00
    Rosenthal Landmark Honda - Alexandria, VA.......22,188.82
    Sport Honda - Silver Spring, MD..........................22,257.00
    Apple Honda - York, PA.....................................22,265.00
    Browns Honda City - Glen Burnie, MD.................22,350.00
    Jim Coleman Honda - Clarksville, MD..................22,395.00
    Hersons Honda - Rockville, MD...........................22,450.00
    Bill Page Honda - Falls Church, VA.....................22,500.00
    Anderson Honda - Baltimore, MD........................22,556.00
    Koons Honda - Manassas, VA............................22,656.00
    Ourisman Honda - Bethesda, MD........................22,706.00
    Criswell Honda - Germantown, MD......................22,765.00
    O'Donnell Honda - Ellicott City, MD.....................22,856.00
    Sheehy Honda - Alexandria, VA..........................22,863.00
    Jones Honda - Lancaster, PA.............................22,950.00
    Rosenthal Fairfax Honda - Fairfax, VA.................22,995.00
    Browns Arlington Honda - Arlington, VA...............22,999.00
    Honda of Tysons Corner - Vienna, VA..................23,065.00
    Pohanka Honda - Marlow Heights, MD.................23,217.00
    Hendrick Honda - Woodbridge, VA.......................23,268.00
    College Park Honda - College Park, MD...............23,400.00
    Leesburg Honda - Leesburg, VA..........................24,245.00

As always, your mileage may vary on the quotes that you may have received from the same dealer compared to mine due to multiple factors or variables. Hope the above data points will help those who are in the market for a 2008 CR-V 4WD EX in the Washington DC metro market.

NOTE: The $21.1K figure from Heritage was a B&S tactic and the actual price went up another $1K at the end. Also, the price from Ourisman of Laurel may vary from an additional $100-$300 more depending on the day/time and who you talk to, and whatever other options that comes with the car. Landmark had quoted me an OTD price but the numbers weren't firm between the sales person and the sales manager, so be wary if you're planning on dealing with any of these dealers that they don't switch the numbers on you.
    So did you get the car at invoice? Is the EX more popular than the EX-L? Just wondering since I'm about to start emailing but I don't know if I should have a price included in the email. Should I just ask them for there best deal?
    bomowo --

According to my calculations, I paid $200 below "invoice" and almost $1900 below MSRP. Since I'm not privy to some of the true cost figures that only dealers would know, my calculations were based on Edmunds's figures.

Here in the metro DC area, EX is more readily available than EX-L's and majority of vehicles are 4WD trims. For instance, when I look at say, Landmark Honda's website that shows their new inventory for CR-Vs, they currently show 21, of which 2 are LX's (one 4WD, one FWD), 17 are 4WD EX's and 2 are 4WD EX-L's. This is fairly typical of most dealers in the area from what I have noticed.

If you're just starting on your shopping, go to Honda's website and to their "Request a Quote" link here. Select a model/trim/color and put in your information and Honda will then forward it to your nearest dealer of your choosing. Repeat for at least 5 dealers to get a sampling of prices and negotiate from the lowest one.

Regards,
    David
    Thanks for the info! I'll keep everyone posted on my progress.
  • szerszer Member Posts: 80
    The dealer pretty much made up his profit selling you the mud guards and wheel locks at a crazy price. The mud guards can be bought online for $25 and wheel locks at $29, shipping would probably be less than $10 depending on your location.... You did well, except in these 2 areas... they are items that are easy to install!
    szer --

Yep, am fully aware of it. I did checked prices with the usual online places like bernardiparts.com and handa-accessories.com etc. and saw those prices that you mentioned but decided that since these were pretty minor accessories, I'll just let them install it to get the new car warranty coverage included since those figures also included their labor. I'm okay with that since I was trying to price out an apples-to-apples comparison with the other dealer for installed accessories. Of course, I ordered the all-season mats from Bernardi after I got home. :)

Regards,
    David
  • zswxzswx Member Posts: 55
    My dealer told me they had to align the wheels after putting the wheel locks on. So the labor for installing wheel locks shouldn't be trivial. Is that right?
    You just have to take out one of the nut and put on the locked nut in? isn't that trivial enough? Why do you have to believe every word that the dealer says.. The instruction is on the packaging itself and simple enough to be understood. I put on the wheel locks immediately after I got my car at the dealership itself, with the salesman watching and helping me (free labour) ! The alignment as I understood, is part of my PDI process :)
    I'm trying to shoot for invoice. Is that reasonable or are dealers really thinking that they can sell this at $1000 over invoice. Sometimes I feel getting internet quotes is pretty useless. I'm getting quotes from $28k to $29k with dest. included. What do I do from here? Give them the invoice price? The quotes everyone is getting, is this by phone calls? The email quotes are pretty terrible. I just received an email that a dealership is offering $150 off invoice. Believable?
  • mickeymouse1mickeymouse1 Member Posts: 49
    Hello:
    I am in CT. I used the info on this forum to lease a 2007 Accord and
    the information found here was the reason I received a great deal on
    the lease. I am now in the market for a 2008 Honda CRV EXL w/NAVI.
    I only went to one dealer and was told that there is a "waiting list" for
    these vehicles(but I do agree with one member of this forum that said they don't
    see a surplus on the road). The salesperson said that the selling price is basically the sticker price since there is no need to discount a hot selling car. He also said that it is not worth leasing this vehicle since there are currently no incentives.
    I'll continue to research this and compare prices. I hate the draining buying process but I refuse to get ripped off. If dealers would be fair up front, they would sell more cars, make more $$ and save themselves and the consumers a lot of
    aggravation.
  • sandy25sandy25 Member Posts: 65
    The info you got is basically correct. I was looking for a crv exl in Ct last month and the lease prices were vey high, when you could find a dealer who even had a exl for sale. The best price I got was from Yonkers Honda in Westchester. Wound up leaseing an Acura RDX for $440/month vs the $385/mo which was the best deal I could have gotton on an exl.
  • kenneth813kenneth813 Member Posts: 38
    Where did you get $25 for mud guard and $29 for wheel lock? All I can find online at least $5-$10 more plus shipping.
  • jhannajhanna Member Posts: 1
    Can folks here comment on $23,292 (includes destination) price for a 4WD EX model. It is $200 above invoice. This is from Clinton Honda in NJ
    find a website that's willing to do a price match... search around for the cheapest price and you will get the best price + a cheaper shipping

$25 mud guard - Handa
    $29 wheel locks - some website that I forgot..

I bought 7 items altogether and they were all price matched by a online supplier, and last but not least, I got a cheaper shipping rate because of combined shipping
  • xxazngrl2000xxxxazngrl2000xx Member Posts: 11
    I'm not sure if I can help you out. I just purchased my '08 CR-V EX 4WD on 12/22 and won't pick it up until this coming Monday. :) I had to wait for it to be made in Japan. Anyhow, I live in a suburb not far from Philadelphia, and after getting quotes from around the area and beyond (2-3 hours away), most dealers won't even budge at the price. The lowest someone would give me was 23,200 (1 counter offer from 23,500) while everyone said they won't go any lower than 23,500. We only visited 1 dealer at this point, and they were the only one who would go as low as 23,000 (inc. destination). It's not the greatest deal around, but I got it below MSRP with tax/tags/etc. so I'm ok with it. Tax alone was ~$1300 (PA sales tax 6%). 23,292 isn't that bad, but I'm sure you can get it lower by a bit more. In my area, no one was willing to go lower on the price. One dealer even accused me of making their dealership compete with another for my sale. Isn't that the point?

Was 23,292 the lowest quote you got?
  • xxazngrl2000xxxxazngrl2000xx Member Posts: 11
    kenneth813 ---

I'm planning on getting the mud guard, wheel lock, fog lights (my brother knows how to install), and all-season mats.

So far, I've only looked at www.handa-accessories.com and www.bernardiparts.com. They are pretty evenly matched prices, a few dollars here or there depending on what you're getting. Shipping seems to bit higher at handa-accessories. But since there's a special on fog lights at handa, my total was 406.26 (handa) and 430.30 (bernardi).

At handa, mud guards $25 and locks $29.95.
    At bernardi, mud guards $26 and locks $33.93.
    I would put each item in cart and see total price.

Hope that helps. :)
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    My dealer told me they had to align the wheels after putting the wheel locks on. So the labor for installing wheel locks shouldn't be trivial. Is that right?

Oh please!

If they have to do an alignment, it certainly isn't because of any wheel locks. All's the wheel locks are, is that they take off one of the lugnuts on each wheel, and replace it with a lugnut that needs a key to turn it. Putting on a locking lugnut would in no way necessitate getting an alignment.

Putting locking lugnuts on 'might' take 15 minutes max.
  • wandafondawandafonda Member Posts: 12
    I purchased a 2008 CRV exl with Nav 11-30 07 at Willis Honda Burlington NJ

The vehicle price was $27,223 with destination and no taxes or fees.

I recommend Willis Honda. They were the only dealership in the area that proved to be straightforward with the deal. I got an internet quote from them that was with in target range for that vehicle and they honored it with no bait and switch. They were up front about inventory and since I was monitoring that situation I knew when to pounce to get the exact vehicle I wanted.

This price was about $238 over my 'lowest starting point' target price but I also knew that supply versus demand in this area made it an almost unworkable starting point.

The other area dealers were sending internet quotes significantly over what Willis was sending out. That was my first clue that Willis was in sell mode and not 'string the customer along' mode. The other thing to consider is a factor I call the "Big New Golden Honda Palace".

Have you noticed the proliferation of newly constructed, shining Honda Palaces that are popping up like fungus after a good rainstorm? I thought about that and I suspected that the mortgages on those things must be pretty high. I figured that the dealers in them wouldn't be so quick to negotiate, especially on an 'in demand' trim line in an affluent area.

To test this theory I took my "Carbuyingtipsdotc-o-m" worksheet to the mighty Burns Honda in Marlton. I had to shrink down this work sheet to get it to one page so it was hard to read if you were sitting across that table. It did print out in all these pretty colors which were dividing up the various sections.

I was reading off of this sheet as my salesperson wrote up his work sheet. He asked to see my sheet and I declined, pointing out that he had just written down all the info. He went to see his sales manager who came over and promptly DEMANDED to see my sheet!

I refused and repeated that they had all the information on their work sheet and that this was a real offer. The sales manager at Burns was quite rude and I could see that he was really straining to see the work sheet. He was really in my face about it, demanding that "how could we work a deal if he couldn't see the sheet". I calmly explained (again) that this was a real offer and that I wasn't going to be treated like that and I walked out.

I then headed over to Willis and had an entirely different experience. Talk about opposites! I was assigned a sales person and I told them I was working with their internet quote.

One of the things that really stood out was the fact that I was able to communicate with Willis by email and get questions that I had, answered by a real person and not some auto reply program. I was able to get a price for the dimming rear view mirror which no one else was willing to give me. All of these thing were good signs.

My sales person was very straightforward and actually..... can you believe this.... Helpful!!!! We had shopped around for financing from the banks but the dealership was able to offer us a 48 month loan from their bank at 5.64 %. This beat our best rate of 6.2 % .

We put down deposit on Monday and the car came in on Wednesday. The deposit was fully refundable in case there was a problem with the car. All told the entire process from start to finish took about 4 hours and I'm happy to say I was shocked at how smooth it went. There was no "numbers shell game" or even any hard sells.

We did speak to the finance manager who was really selling the extended warranty plan. She was not pushy at all and treated us with respect while she explained the "benefits" of handing over hundreds more dollars for things that in all likelihood you will never need. When we told her we were not interested she got the message but her pushy regional manager was lording over her interrupting her with his "in your face" sales pressure tactics. If they were smart they would make her the boss because she stands a much better chance of convincing people that her product is "worthwhile".

So now after a month and at least a thousand miles I can say the car drives like a dream. No pull to the right (PTTR) or any other problems to report and Willis Honda has one completely satisfied customer.

Good luck with your search,
    :shades: Wanda Fonda Honda
    what do you mean with "no taxes or fees"? Do you mean that you don't have to pay any taxes or fees or that it is not inclusive of taxes and fees... and also is your car an AWD? Have fun and enjoy your new car. :) If you do pay for taxes and fees, please provide the amount of taxes % and also the amount for the fees.
    Boy szer, you're a piece of work!
    Are you related to the sales manager at Burns? ;)

2008 CRV EXL with 4WD and Navi

Taxes and fees were seperate and vary for each state.

Taxes NJ = 7%

fees: again only for NJ and exclusive to the needs of my transfer of tags

tire fee $7.50, document fee = $125, NJ online document fee = $7.70 Supplemental titling fee = $ 47.50 I was told and I confirmed that all the NJ fees were set by the state and were non negotiable.

okie doke?
    Just curious.... :P no offense and I don't work in a car dealership :D
  • meishameisha Member Posts: 13
    Wanda,

Thanks for the details on your transaction. It sounds like you really did your homework before you bought the car. What was your total out the door price (if yoo do not mine me asking)?
    Dear Meisha,

Please define what you consider my total out the door price. I've seen so many people with different ideas about what out the door means that I'm not sure I'd know what you would want it to mean.

The number that I posted for the CRV is the number that is best used to compare what the car is actually going for.

Again, I got a Honda 2008 CRV EXL 4wd with Nav for $27,223 with destination and this price does not include any taxes or fees.

Since taxes and fees vary from State to State it doesn't make any sense to tell you the total price I paid out the door because it would vary in each state. Also, I transferred my tags and that was a different fee than if I had gotten new ones. Then I added a dealer installed mirror so I'm not including that in the price because others may not want that included in the figure and then have to subtract it.

So if you add together $27,223 with
    Taxes NJ = 7%
    tire fee $7.50,
    document fee = $125,
    NJ online document fee = $7.70
    Supplemental title fee = $ 47.50

you'll get one of the many versions of an out the door price.

Again none of the fees matter for comparison purposes if you know what you need to know.

This is how dealers play bait and switch with people that are confused about what numbers are important and which ones are not. You have to know all the numbers before you walk into any dealer so that when they start talking about the total you can say no, we're going to do it like this, "this is the price I am paying for the car, this is the amount I am paying for the accessories, this is the amount I am supposed to pay for this fee and that fee and I will not pay any advertising or dealer prep or other garbage fees".

As for the fees, they vary and you have to figure out in advance which ones apply to you and how you are going to do the purchase. For example I transferred my tags from the old vehicle to the new one. This is a different fee than if I had gotten new tags or needed out of state registration and tags.

So the most important thing to know is the cost for each segment of the deal, whether it be vehicle price, option price, tax or each of the separate fees that your state may charge for this and that.

If I gave you an out the door price with out telling you what was included in that you couldn't compare offers.

By giving the $27,223 price with out any of the other junk..... I gave you an idea of what the car (with destination fee) is going for in this region.

Because we have to know all of this when we do the deal, it makes shopping from dealer to dealer somewhat of a headache, especially if you are looking at dealerships in different states with different state mandated fees. But by knowing all of the components ahead of time, you can keep track of what each part of the deal is costing you so the dealer can't take advantage of your ignorance.

Ya gotta do your homework before you set foot in a dealership otherwise you run the risk of being taken advantage of.

As for the fees I would look at your state's web site and see what the DMV is charging. Call the dealership and see what they have to say. Make a list and check it twice, that way you'll know which dealer is naughty and which is being nice!

I hope that helps,
    :D Wanda Fonda Honda
  • tripler2tripler2 Member Posts: 1
    I would really like to chat with you about your 3rd party Audi buyout. I am considering buying out my parents audi lease and could use your advice.

thanks
    robert
  • phisherphisher Member Posts: 175
    Great walk through for people looking to buy a new auto. Now if everyone read how you went about buying maybe there would be quite a few less people asking if "this is a good price" on the forums. I was also glad to hear that it was a win-win transaction with the dealership you worked with. Good for new car buyers to realize that there are great dealerships and salespeople out there. Enjoy the new CRV. ;)
  • crvme3crvme3 Member Posts: 140
    wandafonda,

I to am impressed to read your posts (a little long winded but given some of the posts/replys I can certainly understand why) I also consider myself a "well informed" car buyer & it is a pleasure to read from someone like yourself who has taken the time & effort to understand the car buying process & walk into a dealer well informed & ready..."kudo's" to you & your deal! enjoy your new "V" :)
  • natenj1971natenj1971 Member Posts: 174
    Bought a 2007 EXL AWD for 25k plus NJ tax etc (back in August).
    Shopping for a 2008 EXL AWD with Navi best price same dealer is giving me is $27,555 (plus NJ tax etc)- or about $500 over invoice. I think I can get him down a little more but he's got nothing in stock so it's a waiting game. Dealer is Joyce Honda in Denville NJ - I emailed the internet department.
  • odyssey2005odyssey2005 Member Posts: 4
    Hi All,

I bought a Honda 2008 CRX LX for Invoice price 19,254.00 + fees + taxes in Jacksonville,FL after talking and emailing with many dealers in NF/GA (Lowest quote) They have about 15 in stock and ready to sell for invoice price..Please contact me at balex2003@yahoo.com, I can forward their email with price quote and sales person details..

Let me also know anyone got lower than invoice in North Florida area/ South GA.-

Thanks !!

Bob
  • akoriveakorive Member Posts: 3
    Hello,

If I put a deposit for a CRV EX-L w/ Nav, quote of 29k, can I ask for a refund of this deposit as I now see this was way too high for a quote? I recieved a matching quote after I put down the deposit for$27,629 from another dealer in WA.

I know I know, I should have done my homework much better :(
  • mnfmnf Member Posts: 405
    If I may ask where in Wa I am shopping for my brothere in law and the best i have found on a EXL ( Without Nav) is $26.3K.. Thanks Matt
    Seattle area, best price so far is from burien honda
  • cyrusdcyrusd Member Posts: 25
    I'm going to buy a new CR-V EX 2WD next month. If you've just purchased this model in this area, please share your experience and price paid. I highly appreciate that. I've heard a rumor about significant discount when buying car at the end of a month or a quarter. Is it true?
  • karshopperkarshopper Member Posts: 2
    I was told by a dealer in California that all auto deposits are refundable, by law.
  • karshopperkarshopper Member Posts: 2
    Hello, If you haven't bought your Honda yet...
    On Dec 13 I bought a 2008 CR-V EX-L AWD with Navi for 27,597 from Honda of El Cerrito, through the internet department. They were near the lowest quote in the area, matched the lowest quote I had, and found the color I wanted (Royal Blue Pearl with Gray) within a week. The other dealers either had higher quotes or longer waits. The salesman was excellent. The finance manager, of course, tried to sell me everything I didn't need, but at least he was extremely courteous.
  • sarahlynnhasarahlynnha Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

We just wanted to post our buying price since we used this forum in our research. Today, we purchased a Black 2008 CR-V 4WD EX for $22,625 (before MI tax and that stuff - the out the door price with taxes, license plate, etc. was $24,300). I think the only extra it came with was splash guards. It had 8 miles on it when we started test driving it on Monday (the dealership let us test drive it from Monday until today - we were to initially return it on Wed, but when we took it back and told them we were undecided they told us to keep it until Saturday). They said we got an incredible deal, but of course they always say that. We do feel like we got a pretty good price though. Oh, they also threw in 5 free oil changes and 10 free car washes.

:)
  • dubsownerdubsowner Member Posts: 2
    Hi All,
    I'm in the market to upgrade from my '01 Jetta to the CR-V (AWD), for those of you who have recently purchased, any experience driving in the snow? How well does it handle? Thanks!
  • jj4444jj4444 Member Posts: 4
    I just purchased a 08 exl 4wd for 27,000
    the price include destination, cargo tray, all season mats
    brooklyn, ny
    How do you guy think about the price i paid?
    Honda Seattle downtown dealer would not match Burien quote of 27,879 for 08 EX-L w/ Nav. Only acc. I wanted which is included in the price are the mudflaps. Downtown Seattle is fine w/ cancelling the original order which was 29,160. Savings are close to 2k so it does pay to shop around :)
    $29,160 is way too high... way above MSRP of $29,035 (even with $30 mudflaps Incl delivery to your home). $27,879 is an okok price. Not really that great, but not bad either. As long as you're happy, that's what matters.
  • odyssey2005odyssey2005 Member Posts: 4
    I bought a new Honda CRV 2WD from Jacksonville, FL after getting quote from numerous dealers in FL and GA..This dealer gave me lowest price , that is invoice price .. Please email me balex2003 id in yahoo mail for details..(quote, sales person etc..) :shades:

Thanks,
    Bob
  • ccacpccacp Member Posts: 117
    You already bought it. What do you want us to tell you ? Your price is too high ? Well, it is ! By about 1500 dollars. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :)
  • sj72sj72 Member Posts: 3
    Hi, we are also looking for a CRV 4WD LX, could you please tell me which dealer you got quote from? and could you please share how much you finally paid for your purchase (OTD price)? Thanks.

John