Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• elofnelofn Member Posts: 2
    Where did you get an ex-l awd for 25500? I'd be very interested in that deal. Thanks
  • ccacpccacp Member Posts: 117
    Do I have to spoonfeed the info, please search and you will find what you are looking for !

There was a poster about 2-3 pages ago that clearly compared prices in MD-VA-PA area that showed that prices are very competitive.

Search and ask for request for quotes.

If you live in a place with only a couple of dealers, good luck trying to get 25500 but with a lot of competition you will get it !
  • naborsnabors Member Posts: 26
    Working on getting a CR-V but was told the one I want has Lojack already installed and it would tack-on an additional $350 to the cost of the car.

Is Lojack worth the extra dollars to get the exact car I want? Other than that, the pricing works for me.

Your thoughts?
  • 1259alisa1259alisa Member Posts: 2
    I just got back from a Test drive of a new 2008 CR-V and I asked the sales person about the on- going rear differential problem and he told me point blank that if you do not have your car flushed every 15k you will have problems with the rear differential. Buyer beware! This problem has NOT been fixed by Honda. This is really holding me back from purchasing one.
  • phisherphisher Member Posts: 175
    The lo-jack is not worth it. If someone knows enough to hot wire your car my guess is that they will know how to disable/remove the lo-jack. I'm also sure that the lo-jack didn't cost the dealership $350. Just tell them to take it off if it's the deal breaker. They put it on, they can take it off. ;)
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    If you look at any vehicle on the Fitzmall website, you will see two different sales prices, depending upon whether you are out of state internet purchase (internet value price), or the local delivered price, The difference can be about $400 bucks. That higer price for local, then covers oil changes, free lifetime loaner vehicles, maintenance inspections, discounts on maintenance items, etc.

The waiver would indicate that if you want to choose the lower internet price, then you don't get the loaners or maintenance items. Seems like a totally reasonable business form to me, which I think you'd agree you would have as well if you were them and offering a further discount to out of state-ers.

delivered vs internet value price

buyer protection plan
  • gaborfiltergaborfilter Member Posts: 5
    I get a quote, out of door price : 22500$ how is it? Any comment is appreciated!
    Changing differential fluid at 15K is total baloney ! Change sales rep because he is being dishonest. Apart from the early VINs that have a TSB out, there have not been any reported issues with the differentials. Please check hondasuv.com and crvov.com which has a great owners forum and trust me if there were issues you would hear from the new owners.

Change sales rep and probably dealer ASAP !
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    This is totally overblown!

Just change the diff fluid once in awhile and you won't have any problems.
  • amtmommyamtmommy Member Posts: 4
    I am new to the forum, but am picking up my car tomorrow night. I got it for 27,300.
    I think I did well with the price.
    Where did you get it for that price ? That is about 300 dollars aver invoice... as long as no hidden fees get tacked on.

Congratulations !
    It includes destination. I am picking it up in Rhode Island. I called around to other dealers and no one would beat the price, they "try and match".

I am hesitant to give out the name of the dealership until I take ownership tomorrow night. Just incase I have egg on my face. My father in law thinks they are going to pull a fast one on me as I am a woman and did the negoatiing without my husband. If all goes thru well, I will happily post all the info tomorrow night.
  • art_vandelayart_vandelay Member Posts: 45
    Can anyone recommend a good honest dealership in/around the Dallas/Fort Worth area? I'm closest to David McDavid (Irving) and to Huggins... have heard horrible stories about David McDavid. Willing to drive +/- 100 miles for good customer service and an honest, respectful transaction.

Thanks!
    try Gunn Honda, you will not be disappointed ! Speak to Chris Bond.
  • dp_crvdp_crv Member Posts: 23
    Go to Fenton Honda in Ardmore, Oklahoma. They will give you good price. I purchased my CRV EX 08 from then for 22k (I paid TTL in TX after 22k).
    Is it AWD or FWD?
    Hi,
    As I posted earlier this was the price I got, and wanted to wait to get the car to give out dealer information, incase something went wrong.
    Well I am a VERY happy owner of the CRV as of today.

I bought it in Rhode Island at Saccucci Honda in Middletown. The salesperson was John "Smitty" Smith. We have bought many cars and this by far was the best experience ever. Please if you are in RI and looking for this car or any other Honda give Smitty your business.
    I couldn't find the title of my trade and instead of giving me grief or holding me up for less money on my trade as they couldn't do anything with it until they got the duplicate from the registry they told me not to worry. Luckily for everyone I did find it.

We visited the other larger dealers and were so impressed with the people at Saccucci. I am actually looking forward to filling out my Honda survey when I get it.

Now just need to figure out the bells and whistles (soo many!!!).
    Its a CRV EX 2WD.
  • meishameisha Member Posts: 13
    Hi there,

Does the $27.3k include tax, title and license. Congrats on your new car purchase. :)
  • chas0215chas0215 Member Posts: 40
    For 2008 FWD EX, 22K is below invoice price. Here in the Northeast anyway, these are very hot selling vehicles. Why would the dealer sell at such a low price? Nothing personal, but I'm somewhat skeptical about the price you paid. Can you provide any more details about the negotiation?
    Bought a LX AWD today in upstate NY, the selling price before tax is 20700. Outofdoor price is 22500 including everything except plate. Hope this info help!
  • searching3searching3 Member Posts: 1
    Anyone have an opinion on paying $25,294 out the door price for a 2008 Front wheel drive EX-L CRV in St Louis Missouri area ? That does not include sales tax or license that we pay the state when we apply for title.
    I did have to pay state sales tax 7% on the difference of my trade and the price of the car. Also there was some 20 dollar fee for something, but I believe that was it.

So far so good, now just trying to find someplace to buy the type 2 pcmcia adaptor for the card reader.
  • pinibopinibo Member Posts: 14
    $25,920 (which is invoice price) for vehicle, $399 for dealer fee and $8.50 for Florida tire and battery fee. Total before taxes and tag is $26,327.50

Any additional accessory is invoice.

Hard to beat that. All other dealers (4 others) were all over the price map.
    Best price is at amazon or at fry's, the sandisk one is the best. Also, CF card reader is the best. Do not use a cf card bigger than 4GB as it is useless because the CR-V cannot take more than 999 songs on the display.

Hope this helps
  • keith412keith412 Member Posts: 1
    2008 4AWD EX-L ; dealer said he could $25,456.00 ; i am 10 miles north of Boston ; think i can do any better? Above cost did NOT include destination charge
  • pinibopinibo Member Posts: 14
    Vehicle is $24,822 and destination is $635 for total of $25,457

If destination is not included,dealer is making an extra $636
  • tjw7tjw7 Member Posts: 25
    hi, where did you go-dealership and location please. did you negotiate or allow the surrounding dealers to compete thanks
  • trinity3trinity3 Member Posts: 50
    ;) YOU GO GIRL ! ;)
    That is an awesome deal on a brand new vehicle.
    Hi,

I waited for almost 5-6 weeks. During my search I took quotes from all dealers in Texas, Oklahoma dealer and Phoenix dealers too. I found that Phoenix dealers were all ready to give me same price but you need to pay shipping charges to where you live. If you stick your quote then you will get it but wait an watch.

The DFW dealers had very low inventory of cars and I wanted silver and white only. Apart from that they added accessories on top to jump the price. All of them keep on sending their junk mails but I wanted on my price. Finally one day Fenton honda from OK called and quoted me 22700 and the I asked for 22000. Finally we agreed on 22000 + 200 (documentation fee). I paid my TTL in texas and on the road price was 23700 approx.
  • ewuewu Member Posts: 13
    Keith412:
    I am in Boston area and have been shoping for CRV EXL 4WD last December. I did not go for CRV finally, but would like to give you some information. The lowest quote I get is invoice plus destination, which is $25457, this is from Honda Cars of Boston, but you might not be able to get this price at first round. Try shopping around, you should be able to get this price or lower.
  • fguzzofguzzo Member Posts: 3
    I'm in NJ and looking for a 2WD EXL and can't seem to find anyone else having this problem.

Don't need and don't want the AWD as Gas mileage is not as good and more problems with AWD etc.

Any opinions or prices paid are welcome....
  • jeverettjeverett Member Posts: 1
    We are looking to buy a LX FWD in St. Louis, MO region within the next week or so. We were quoted 20,600 before TTL as lowest - how does this compare to others?
  • trask77trask77 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a glacier blue 2WD LX for 20K (including destination charge). Out the door price was $21,200 including fees, sales tax, etc. Got the dealer to throw in a free cargo mat as part of the deal. Had a $3K trade-in that lowered the sales tax slightly (maybe $100).

I live in MA, near Boston.
  • tsaopwtsaopw Member Posts: 1
    I am looking for the same car and got got a quote from a dealer for $24,900 +$55 doc fees + TTL (So. Cal) and will do the paperwork today. This is about $550 over invoice. Let's hope he make good on his numbers.
    I did that in honda dealer in Auburn, NY. I just got quotes from the surrounding dealers and go for the lowest quote. Good luck!
  • cjay3cjay3 Member Posts: 2
    We are looking for an LX FWD in the North Ga area/TN . The best quote I have got is 19972 + Tax and Tag . Any one from the North Ga area get a better offer? .Do let me know. This is via internet so far. I haven't been to the dealer ship.. its about an hour drive so planning to do so over the weekend unless I get a better deal
  • leslie16leslie16 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, looking to purchase the CRV EX L, I live in Central Massachusetts. Has
    anyone from MA purchased this vehicle recently, wondering if you would share
    info, I would be looking at dealerships in Fitchburg and Westboro. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you.
  • crv_njcrv_nj Member Posts: 2
    I am also looking for 2WD in NJ region but it very rare to find 2WDrives in this region. Dealers are saying that northeast region only gets 4WD from Honda.
  • crv_njcrv_nj Member Posts: 2
    I am looking for LX and EX 4WD in south jersey region and best quote I have got so far is :

LX 4WD 21,300 + tax + reg+ dealer installed options
    EX 4WD 23,300 + tax + reg+ dealer installed options

Is it a good price !
  • jprocjproc Member Posts: 135
    We live in Pa and were told that 2wd are very rare up here..So we got AWD which realistically is not needed but it is all that is available
  • fleetfleet Member Posts: 3
    I just purchased a EX 4WD in MD for the going price of $23300 which includes the destination charge. That's about $300 over invoice plus destination. I think that is about as low as you're going to get for that model. Don't know about the LX prices.
  • gauriingauriin Member Posts: 6
    I got a quote from a dealer in IL.

2008 Honda Crv EX 4wd
    Sale price- $22,871.71
    Doc Fee- $150.00
    CVR Fee- $25.00
    Joliet vehicle tax- $7.50
    New Plates- $143.00
    6.5% sales tax- $1,498.04
    ----------------------
    $24,695.25 - Total out the door price

Is this looks good??

What are the CVR Fee and Joilet(name of the dealer shop) vehicle tax??
  • jj4444jj4444 Member Posts: 4
    I am picking up my CRV EX-L on Sat.
    Can anyone tell me what doc./accessories will come with the car.
    Thanks
  • kenneth813kenneth813 Member Posts: 38
    I am wondering if the EX-L come with free floor mats?
  • d357d357 Member Posts: 2
    I recv'd a quote of 25,995 for a 2008 CRV EX-L AWD from Bedard in Cheshire, MA.
  • smackldogsmackldog Member Posts: 82
    Honda provides the carpeted mats standard at no extra charge regardless of the trim level. My 4WD EX came with the carpet mats standard. When I bought my wife's 2007 Accord 4 door I4 5AT EX back in July last year, it also came with the carpet mats standard from Honda.
  • harmonychicharmonychic Member Posts: 9
    So dp, was this the ex or ex xl? i am in houston and so far the lowest price I have gotten is 22, 386. This is for the ex. I was wondering if I should be concerned about the term "factory equipped"? The wording just stuck out in the email the dealer sent me. Is there something in factory equipped that I might want to upgrade?
    Also, if anyone has gotten a better deal, let me know. I will drive for a deal!
    However, I am not finished dealing with the guys who have been quoting prices via internet here in Houston. They all say they will beat any price. I just haven't tried them out yet b/c I prob. won't purchase until next weekend.
    Thanx ya'll......
  • kangfkangf Member Posts: 4
    Hi harmonychic, is the price you quoted 22,386 for ex AWD or 2WD, drive out price or sale price excluding tax & and other fees? I just started looking for a CRV in Houston. Thanks.
  • pmoypmoy Member Posts: 1
    Hi, what is the name of the dealer? Who did you speak to? I am in the market for this model.

Thanks