Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• eoren1eoren1 Member Posts: 12
    I'm in the same boat as you - same car, same state. I got a quote at just over 26000 and another just the other day of 25900. Both with all fees and tax. I should be closing in 1 week on the car sale and will let you know the final price.
    For accessories, check out cheaphondaparts and handa-accessories for prices. The floormats and cargo tray are very simple to 'install'. The fog lights and molding are another matter. That will at least give you a price (not including labor) to negotiate from.
    Good luck!
  • figtreefigtree Member Posts: 7
    Can you tell me what dealership you are going to, you have a $600-$800 better deal than me!? I hope to buy the CRV tomorrow morning. I have decided to buy the mats and tray separately. I have a few links for Honda parts, including http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com and http://www.hondapartsdeals.com. I didn't have the link you mentioned, thanks. I am hoping to have the dealer install the other accessories, but only if the price is right.
    I would rather not post that until I buy the car and can confirm the price - I'm doing this long distance and don't believe anything until I see it in writing. I wouldn't want to get anyone's hopes up. Feel free to email me (my username at hotmail) as other questions come up or as you get better deals.
    Thanks, anyway. Hopefully, if the dealer cooperates, tomorrow I will be buying the CRV and I will post the cost here.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    That's great! What options did you get?

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • svittalsvittal Member Posts: 7
    Just completed a transaction for the CRV EXL 4wd. I got the car for 26000 all included (sales tax, dest, doc fee etc...). I then proceeded to buy Honda warranty for 8 years (which may have been a mistake) for 1500 additional.
  • tdiidmantdiidman Member Posts: 35
    I think you're getting ripped off. You could buy that same warranty at Saccucci for $615, I bought the $0 deductible 6 yr/120K warranty from them for $790. They are a reputable seller of genuine Honda warranties- when I received all the final paperwork (the warranty itself) on the warranty, it came from Honda itself, not Saccucci. I was pleased with the purchase (plus I liked their offer to pay for it over 12 months with no interest charges).
  • ecarfarecarfar Member Posts: 22
    You are correct, I went through Bernardi and got a 8 year, 120K warranty for about $900 with $0 deductible. However, I think they had to stop selling them over the internet on April 1st. Both Bernardi and Saccucci had disclaimers on their warranty websites noting this. I placed my order on March 30th!
  • crvexl2008crvexl2008 Member Posts: 15
    I rarely believe anything I read or see on the internet $25,200 is a hell of deal. I researched my CRV EX-L for weeks and the concensus in April for me was about 26,300 "Out the Door" . I purchased mine last night 26, 235.00 "out the Door" A Whistler Silver w/ Black Leather Interior. The low life dealer I think yanked the upper cargo deck which I discovered missing by reading up on the boards, I pick it up tomorrow. And I want to add the rear spoiler, and fog lights, does anyone have a good price for these dealer or no dealer. Thanks...Wow $25,200 ey ?
  • crvexl2008crvexl2008 Member Posts: 15
    I rarely believe anything I read or see on the internet $25,200 is a hell of deal. I researched my CRV EX-L for weeks and the concensus in April for me was about 26,300 "Out the Door" . I purchased mine last night 26, 235.00 "out the Door" A Whistler Silver w/ Black Leather Interior. The low life dealer I think yanked the upper cargo deck which I discovered missing by reading up on the boards, I pick it up tomorrow. And I want to add the rear spoiler, and fog lights, does anyone have a good price for these dealer or no dealer. Thanks...Wow $25,200 ey ?
  • nhlfan79nhlfan79 Member Posts: 12
    Yes, my $25,200 OTD is 100% true. Here's my purchase agreement. Hopefully, the formatting isn't too messed up.

Willett Honda South
    Seller’s Option to Purchase Vehicle Agreement

THIS AGREEMENT made by and between Willett Honda South, Inc. (hereinafter called “Optionor”) and _[my name removed]___, (hereinafter called “Optionee”). The masculine singular pronoun shall be used throughout this Agreement, regardless of the sex or number of parties.

OPTIONED VEHICLE: Optionor, in consideration of the payment of an option fee under this Option Agreement, entered into between the parties on this date, herby grants to Optionee the right and option to purchase the vehicle listed below on or before the termination date of this Agreement entered into this date for the terms and price hereinafter set forth, the following described vehicle: Year:_2008_Make: Honda__ Model: _CRV EXL-2WD Glacier Blue_ Vehicle Identification Number: _JHLRE3[other numbers removed] (14 MILES).
    TERM: The term of this Agreement shall be _9 days beginning on the first day of _04/21/2008 and ending on the last day of _ 04/30 /2008.
    OPTION FEE: Optionee agrees to pay $_500.00__ as NON-REFUNDABLE FEE, as consideration for the Optioner to grant the Option to Optionee to purchase the above vehicle. Simultaneous with the execution of this Option Agreement the Optionee shall deposit the sum of $_500.00____ with Optionor and agrees to pay the balance owed on or before __04/30/2008.
    OPTION PRICE: The option price of the vehicle shall be determined as follows:
    The sales price of the vehicle shall be $ _23,154.02
    The total price due to the Optionor (including: Doc. Fees, Taxes, Title Fees, Trade Payoff, less trade value if applicable) shall be the total purchase price of $25,200.00
    5. The Option Fee will be applied to the total due with a balance owed to the Optionor of
    $24,700.00
    The Option Fee as provided in Paragraph 3 above shall be refunded to the Optionee to be used only as a down payment upon the purchase of the Vehicle, as said Option Fee is NON-REFUNDABLE in the event that the Optionee does not exercise the Option and purchase the Vehicle.
    6. BINDING EFFECT: This Option and the agreements contained herein shall be binding upon inure to the benefit
    of heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns of the respective parties.
    7. DISCLOSURES: Optionee acknowledges receipt of the “Sales Agreement Disclosure” statement.
    8. APPLICABLE LAW: This agreement shall be interpreted according to the Laws of the State of Georgia.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, Optionor and Optionee have executed this agreement on the _21 day of April 2008.

NOTE: Selling Price include Splash Guards

[salesman's name removed], Internet Manager __________________
    OPTIONOR (authorized employee) OPTIONEE

_________________________ __________________
    OPTIONEE

I _________ authorize Willett Honda South to process a transaction in the amount of

$ __________ from my ____________ Card.

Card Number ___________

Expiration Date __ / __ / __

CVN Number _____

____________________ __________
    Customer Signature Date
  • kiki30215kiki30215 Member Posts: 1
    Just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work. I used the deal a "friend" had made to negotiate a deal I made last night at the same dealership. In fact, because of the great deal, we changed our minds and purchased the EX-L 2WD w/Navi. our base price was $24,296. We added the sport package for $1482 installed, which increased things a bit. Same fees and taxes (6%) you had. Very nice fella we dealt with there, We pick ours up on Saturday.

BTW one other dealer would have matched, another was trying, but I don't think would have gone as low, and another one, west of Atlanta, didn't have a clue (or thought he didn't have to deal as hard with a woman, I'm not sure).

Thanks again! :):):)
  • svittalsvittal Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for the tip guys. I printed out the internet warranty and showed it to the dealership and they matched it! Unbelievable. The entire shopping experience was so poor. I know the CRV sells well but these guys are ridiculous.
  • tdiidmantdiidman Member Posts: 35
    Apparently Honda must have backed off on not permitting dealers to sell extended warranties through the internet effective April 1st since Saccucci (and other dealers who sell them this way) still seem to be seliing them . I wonder if Honda was really threatening to do this or whether the dealers were just telling potential customers this to increase their sales- I suspect Honda just backed off, recognizing it might be better to sell more warranties at a lower profit per waranty than fewer warranties at a higher profit per warranty, but I suppose the internet sales dealers could have just been 'blowing smoke'. Anyone have any knowledge of the true situation?
  • scottyd3scottyd3 Member Posts: 8
    I was at Schaumburg Honda in Illinois last night and was quoted any CR-V at invoice. It looks like the prices are finally falling on this model with the economic slump and new 09's coming in later this year. Hopefully no one is settling for more than invoice out there, do your research, find the invoice cost, and call around.
    My Dealer said there is a difference between the Honda Care Warranty and the much more expensive Warranty offered by The Dealer. They mentioned a few inconsequential things that Honda Care did not cover, like not towing long distances, not covering tires, road hazzards, having to use only a Honda dealer for repairs, etc....I checked the Honda Care warranty and there is a lot it doesn't cover. I am wondering if there is such a difference in the two warranties, that the twice as much Dealer warranty is valid?

My Honda Dealer never mentioned the Honda Care Warranty either. Only the Dealer Warranty. I asked if they sold the Honda Care Warranty, and they said yes, but they did not give me a price.

I am not sure I even want an extended warranty, it's a tough decision.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,176
    We have a whole discussion just for that: Honda Extended Warranties Pricing and Info

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    "Hopefully no one is settling for more than invoice out there"

Sure hope so!

Dealers aren't in this just for the fun you know! :)
  • thebigfudgethebigfudge Member Posts: 6
    It looks like you actually paid $24,700.00, or am I confused? :confuse:
  • nhlfan79nhlfan79 Member Posts: 12
    Nope, $25,200. The doc posted above shows a $500 deposit, and a remaining balance of $24,700.
    oh, duh. Thanks for posting this, I am buying a CR-V in Georgia this month.
  • niceshoesniceshoes Member Posts: 2
    Just started getting some e-mail quotes for a '08 2WD CRV EX around the Los Angeles area. The range has been from 280 below to 500 over invoice + TTL. What do you guys think?
  • smackldogsmackldog Member Posts: 82
    pencils2 -

FWIW, back in 12/28/07, Tim Pohanka of Pohanka Honda in Marlow Heights offered me $23,200 OTD for a 2WD CR-V EX, in the DC/VA/MD metro area. He had mistakenly thought that I was looking for a 2WD instead of 4WD EX even though all my emails clearly listed out that I was looking for a 4WD EX! :P

Not sure if you're still in the market but here in the DC metro area, 2WD CR-V's are fairly uncommon since most of the ones sold are EX and EX-L's in 4WD configuration.

Good luck!
    Phenomenal experience. Settled on the price by phone as I was out of state. Went to the dealership today. No gimmicks or tricks. Just the price we agreed on. Quick test drive went great - car still has all the plastic and only 22 miles. Waiting on the insurance/registration dance to happen tomorrow and then will pick it up.
    Can't say enough good things about Honda Barn in North Reading, MA!
    If anyone is in the market, definitely head over there...and soon. They are becoming Honda Gallery and moving the dealership. Not sure how things may change under new management.
    E
  • ffidratkramffidratkram Member Posts: 5
    What was the breakdown of the OTD price, I am in MA and reay to buy ASAP. Did it have A navigation system?

Please reply quick...
    I have a quote for a 2008 EXL with Nav for the following breakdown, any input?
    2008 Honda CRV, EX-L, 4WD,Navigation (any color combination):
    Vehicle Price ($635 Destination included): $27,362
    Doc Fee: $198
    Title Fee; $5
    Destination Fee: $635
    Transfer Plates: $65
    5% Mass Sales Tax: $1,399.85
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,176
    Good catch!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• gogetemgogetem Member Posts: 10
    I purchased an AWD, EXL w/ navigation for
    $27,200 plus...........
    12.50 tire fee
    2746.00 sales tax (NY)
    12.50 nys tire fee
    10.00 state inspection
    45.00 dealer processing fee
    29,613.50 total
    In finance office, I added $450 for remote starter and $815 fro 7 yr/80k extended hondacare warranty. (0 deductible)
    I also paid $57.50, seperately for transferring my license plates from my old car.
    I am on Long Island - purchased at Huntington honda
  • lairdwdlairdwd Member Posts: 56
    Got a fairly good deal on a CR-V for the inlaws. For anybody in the Boston area, check out the Honda Barn in North Reading. Get an internet quote. I couldn't get a decent quote from any of the other dealers, and after reading about honda barn on this forum, I headed there and got a CR-V LX for $75 under invoice ($20800 + $125 doc fee). Got the 0 down, .000235 with 63% residuals confirming carman's info. Monthly payments $279 with $1414 OTD (1114 + 300 security). Could have probably done a little better trying to get doc fees waived or negotiating on the cap cost, but not worth the hassle, and already $400 better than my best offer on the table. Speaking of doc fees - if you do have to pay it, it's only $125, while everyone else is $300. Just another data point to consider.

Also, definitely download this worksheet. It was extremely valuable. Honda barn was the only dealership where I could get the quoted numbers (cap cost, fees, mf, residual) to reconcile to the spreadsheet calculations. Happy hunting!
    It was a typo on their end, I caught it after. Everything else is the same including the finla price OTD? Feedback?

Thanks
  • omegadirectiveomegadirective Member Posts: 12
    I just bought a similar vehicle in Wisconsin....paid a little less...I think they could lower the invoice price you were offered by about $200. See my post below for more details.
  • blume1blume1 Member Posts: 25
    Can't believe this state charges for an "inspection fee" for a new car!!?? What the heck are they looking for!!?? This is a NEW CAR -- I always thought Missouri was a conservative state -- but now I wonder !!?? . COULD THIS BE SOME MONEY HUNGRY POLITICIANS AT "WORK" . I paid -- out the door 25,401 for a 08 CRV EXL 4WD . We pay our taxes and license fees at the state revenue offices here in Mo. SOOOOOO -- in the end -- I paid $1100 in state and local sales taxes ( paid on the difference from my "old" 2001 Accord Ex
    -total was 26,501 -- Buuut I got 10, 400 from the accord (private sale)-- so the real dif was 16,101 out of pocket for the "WIFE's new CRV!!
    folks - as I go through these discussions, I see a lot of people talking about the prices they paid. However, they do not include any details, but just say , XXX under invoice. So we are all comparing apples to apples, you need to also include any dealer add on fees, as well as the MSRP and negotiated price and any other negotiated perks. For example, doc fee, prep fee, tire fee, bogus fee, etc. On my CRV 4wd LX lease, here are the details:

* cap cost - 20800 ( 205 below invoice)
    * doc fee - $125
    * residual - 63%
    * MF - .000235
    * monthly pay = $279.

* OTD = 1414 ($600 acq fee, first month, 300 security, doc fee, Tax,title,license)

Check out that spreadsheet in my previous post. I had all sorts of dealers giving me bogus numbers. The spreadsheet doesn't lie though. Another thing, this "come on in and we'll figure it out" stuff didn't cut it with me either. I know about the "make em sit and squeeze" games that go on, and I have no patience for that. I held to my guns that I wanted all the details ironed out before I drove out there to finalize the paperwork. Much harder to do than you would think.

Also, I did have one dealer do the old bait and switch on me. Gave me an unbelievable quote over the phone. When I showed up to finalize the deal, the vehicle in quesiton was sold, and they wanted to sell me a different one (with different terms).
  • blume1blume1 Member Posts: 25
    liardwd, I can understand your reaction to the other replies, but as I stated in my response to this thread -- I paid 25,401 for my EXL 4wd out the door, and in the end as I stated -- after my private sale of my 2001 accord exl 4cyl for 10,400 (immaculate) and the Mo state and local taxes of 1100 I paid OUT OF POCKET 16,501 HOW MUCH CLEARER do I need to make it!!??? . If you need to see the new CRV -- come to Missouri -- !! Came from Albert Honda -- Columbia Mo -- GREAT DEALER !!
  • pnpn78pnpn78 Member Posts: 4
    How much would you pay for a Honda Certified 08 CRV-LX 4wd with very low miles? I have seen two of these recently for $21,695 (800mi) and $22,995 (18mi). It would seem to me that the OTD price without tax should be no more than invoice $20,370 b/c someone already paid for all of the other bs charges. If I could get this car for that price (plus tax and title) would that be a good deal? Seems to me that some people have been able to negotiate lower than $22,995 all-in for a NEW 4wd LX!!! What am I missing here? As soon as it is bought it becomes a 2-owner car and loses more value.

Any help would be appeciated...
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    Personally, I wouldn't buy it. Somebody else dumped it at a financial loss, for some unknown reason. No reason to step in the middle of that.
  • ms_solarams_solara Member Posts: 6
    2008 HondaCR-V EXL Black MSRP $26,135.00 Quote $24,100.00???

thanks
    You need to ask the dealer what else it will cost to get it out the door:
    Destination Charge ($635 I think)
    Doc Fees
    Assorted B.S. Dealer Fees
    Title
    Tax

I asked several area dealers to give me a quote, and the base price is always great but the fees vary by hundreds of dollars.
    I agree. It's too early for a lease return on a CR-V, and any person who has a car repossessed probably didn't take care of it. The only other scenarios I can imagine are that it's a lemon or a dealer demo/loaner. You aren't even saving that much money.
  • viksasviksas Member Posts: 1
    Hi All,

I have been reading this board and tried hard to negotiate a good deal here in the VA/DC/MD area. I finally ended up going to the lowest Out-the-door price I could get..Ourisman Honda in Bethesda. I paid a total of 26,595 out the door. Is that a decent price or did i get totally robbed? Thanks!
    First of all, if you already bought then car then there is no sense worrying about what kind of deal you got. You got the deal you got, and now it is time to enjoy your car.

I don't know what the sales tax is in that area, but here in GA I would be thrilled with that price OTD. That is about $250 less than my lowest quote on a 2WD EX-L. :)
  • nikulbnikulb Member Posts: 3
    People,

I purchased Black on Black CR-V for $29,100 OTD here in Bay Area (Northern California). We pay sales tax of 8.25%. Generally things are relatively expensive here. Everybody says I got a nice deal.
  • newcarconfusednewcarconfused Member Posts: 3
    So I got my dealer to give me the RV and MF (thanks to this site, I looked like I knew something!) for the 2008 CRV LX 4wd. RV=13, 746 and MF=.2245 (super preferred rate). He hasn't run any # for me at this point so he mentioned that these values were based on MSRP and assuming I would be super preferred. My questions are: 1. Would the RV and MF change based on the actual sales price of the car (this seems a little shady to me)? 2. Should I negotiate the MF and RV or do I just negotiate the sales price of the car?

Thanks for your help!
    B
  • 4runshoper4runshoper Member Posts: 13
    2008 CR-V EX-L AWD... $26207 plus tax and dmv... in NY?
    Your numbers don't sound right. The residual for May on a 4wd LX is 14197 (something like that). That's the base model with no options.

What I found is that the sales guys aren't very good with the finance stuff. Put it this way, I was given more misinformation that accurate information. You need to speak to the finance department, or the sales manager to accurately get that information. But if you are still clueless, you need to do more reading. You don't want to initiate those types of discussions unless you know what is going on. That spreadsheet I posted helped me a lot. You should check it out and play with the numbers to see how it works. I had several dealers tell me that I needed a "financial calculator" and that stuff wasn't important. LOL
  • twocantwocan Member Posts: 1
    I have a question and want to know how common this is.. This would be my first new car purchase. We were at the dealership over the weekend and negotiated a price for a CRV EX-L with Nav.. in addition to a price for my trade.

I put down a deposit for the CRV and they had already told me that they do not have th car in the lot and but were confident they would have it by today.. (they needed to make some deals with other dealerships to swap the color we wanted)

I called today, and they said they are trying their best to get the car into their lot.. they had already made one deal to get a car for another dealer .. blah blah.. i guess they are having a tough time with the color.. We want a black on black EX-L with Nav

I had checked other dealer inventories around the area and it looks like they are not RARe.. so whats going on?

is this something anyone else here has run into?

thanks in advance
  • 4runshoper4runshoper Member Posts: 13
    How much lower should it be?
  • niceshoesniceshoes Member Posts: 2
    I just picked up from a Los Angeles area dealer over the weekend:

2008 CRV 2WD EX-L w/ NAV
    Whistler Silver Exterior
    Black Leather Interior

MSRP = $27,200
    Destination = $635
    Total = $27,835

Invoice = $25,285
    Destination = $635
    Total = $25,920

What I paid for: ($530 below invoice)
    Price = $24,755
    Destination = $635
    Doc. Fees = $55
    8.25% LA County Sales Tax = $2,099.21 (ouch)
    DMV License Fees = $256.00
    CA Tire Fee = $8.75
    OTD = $27,808.96 (with tax, license, etc.)
    No Trades

Car price included wheel locks, splash guards, and clear door edge guards installed. No extended warranty or GAP insurance purchased. I got 4.74% APR with 0 down for 60 mos. thru American Honda. I think I could've done slightly better on the price but was in a bit of a time crunch to get the car by the weekend.
  • aprilcaprilc Member Posts: 4
    I have been strongly considering the CRV and comparing it with the Ford escape Hybrid. After deciding on the CRV for the cost savings and minimal mileage differences, I went back to look at the CRV a second time. The girl who helped me spoke to the boy who had helped me on the prior visit. (and they are just kids.) When she came back to me , she said I had been here before. I confirmed this and explained I was looking again at the CRV. She led me to them and asked if I wanted to sit in one. I told her I wanted to drive it, (I was not very impressed the first time but I thought I'd give it a second try). She coyly smiled and said well if you are going to buy a car today then you can drive it,or else you can only take a short little drive but we don;t want to run up the miles. I was so irate!! does honda want to sell these cars or not? they just lost my purchase, they may have sold me a car yesterday but making a test drive contingent on buying a car is ridiculous, especially when making such a large investment!