Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I would just move on to another dealership, since this $~600 "appearance pkg", which is non-sense, just gives you an idea there could be more surprises along the way from this dealership.

Even the $289 dealer fees is non-sense!
  • Just got a 2008 CRV EX AWD, $22k + TTL in the bay area plus 1.9% financing. Tried but couldnt find a lower price. Longo in LA was clearing out the 2008 and selling them for about the same.
  • Purchased an '09 CRV EX AWD for $22,350 includes destination but not TT. And took advantage of the 1.9% financing. I researched over 50 dealers in the OH, MI and IN area and this was the best price. The dealer I purchased from ceased spending any advertising dollars during the month of December and offered $1000 off the best deal for the consumer.

From the same dealer, he quoted $20,175 for the '09 LX AWD which is another great deal. The $1000 incentive ends today. Let me know if anyone has questions.
  • OK, so after a week of email and phone attack on a half-dozen Southern Cali and Southern Nevada (Las Vegas) dealers, I just got the following offer:

23,888 (including destination)
    55 - doc fee
    283- registration
    1970.76- sales tax (8.25 LA county)
    -----
    OTD= 26, 196

Thoughts? Should I try to get any add-ons?

I'm happy because the sales price appears to be about $1000 under invoice, and previous offers were between $24,300 and $24, 800.

Thanks!
  • that is a fantastic deal. i would get it now.

add-ons: body side molding? all weather mats?

great job on getting a nice deal.
  • I just got an email from internet sales manager offering car for $24K before tax and license. I visited the dealer and they want to add Propack/Blue Tooth for another $506. Sounds like a ripoff! Any ideas???

Is this a decent deal or should I email for additional dealer quotes. This dealer is right by the house and I don't want to spend hours/days to save a few bucks.

I was also thinking of adding roof rack and trailer hitch but may do that after purchase.
  • CivicUpgrade: i want to clarify something: is your deal for FWD or AWD?
  • forget bluetooth installed by dealer. it's a ripoff. get one of those dinky bluetooth ear buds for $50 or less.
  • Dishwash: The car is two-wheel drive, NOT 4X4. Even in this economy, that price for four-wheel drive would be stunning. BTW, another dealer just quoted me 23,500. Looks like there's some dealer cash floating around....
  • Also- no add-ons. Should I try to get the dealer to throw some stuff in? Other than tinting, don't know what else I need. I'm considering ditching the stereo for an aftermarket navi system.... don't like Honda's, esp since it's 1700 w/o bluetooth or ipod integration.
  • You can do better. Honda just released some dealer cash. Do not agree to the add-on. If you give me an email address, or if there's a way to do a private mssg, I will give you the names of two dealers in SoCal who will do less. Looks like we're hunting for the same car...
  • I'm looking for the same car up in norcal. At an 8.25% tax rate I got quoted ~25900 OTD.

EX-L w/o Nav FWD

Which puts my car price around the 23500 range as well.. CivicUpgrade, have you got any lower?
  • I finally worked out a deal for a 2009 CRV EX-L AWD for $25,000 (incl. destination) + Tax + DMV on Long Island, NY.

I'm going with the "Alabaster Silver Metallic" with Black Leather interior, should be very sweet.

I will also order all my Genuine Honda accessories online as follows:
    - All-Season Floor Mats (Black) *** A Must Have Item ***
    - Honda Cargo Tray *** A Must Have Item ***
    - Honda Chrome Exhaust Finisher
    - Honda Wheel Locks
    - Pack of 6 oil filters w/locks

*** Remember Always Use Genuine Honda Parts ***

Happy New Year!
  • I'm within $100 of that... but they're insisting I take delivery by Sunday. Problem is, I am out of the LA area until next week... might have to risk the price disappearing by then. Don't know why they can't take a non-refundable deposit.
  • npsnownpsnow Posts: 1
    Thanks to all of your posts, I just picked up our new 2009 CRV EX-L AWD without navigation. I will try to be complete so you have full information.
    Pricing includes appearence package, door edge guards, wheel locks, mud flaps, wheel well guards, and pinstripes

$ 25,264.00 Includes destination and dealer processing charge
    836.00 Va tax (3%), and registration fees
    $ 26,100.00 Out the door

Thanks to this forum for providing the tools to complete this purchase in record time with a minimum of haggling and no driving around thanks to the internet.
  • BNACRVBNACRV Posts: 3
    How far below invoice should I be able to buy a '08 LX CR-V right now, including with dealer cash? What about an '09 CR-V? Thanks.
  • Thanks to everyone's advice, I finally purchased an '08 LX CR-V (Royal Blue) over the past weekend.

I am in South Florida, but drove to West Florida (300 mile drive) to pick up the vehicle from Love Honda, Homassasa, FL.

I paid $20,700.00 OTD (including 6% taxes, $200 tag + title etc). My base price (approx) is $19,500.
    I could not be happier with this dealer. Very pleasant. Steve VanAlstyne (internet sales manager) is very professional and treats customers with respect.

I highly recommend this dealership to anyone in Florida. You will not be disappointed.

The South Florida dealers, especially Potamkin is one of the most unprofessional dealers. They do not understand the concept of customer service and negotiation. It is a car, the same car that thousands of other dealers around the country carry....so it is natural to expect that the customer will negotiate. Wake up, Potamkin Honda, smell the coffee.

-Amit
  • Thank you, everyone, for all the numbers and ideas.
    Just bought my new CRV EX-L FWD w/ roof rack.

$26,785 OTD
    (7.75% tax)
    San Diego, CA

Took advantage of the 1.9% financing.
  • BNACRVBNACRV Posts: 3
    I was told by a dealer today that Honda is now offering $500 cash on 2009 CR-Vs and $1000 cash on 2008 CR-Vs.