Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• neil_hneil_h Member Posts: 11
    Just purchased a 2009 CRV EX 2WD in Macon, GA today. The Greater Atlanta Honda dealers were unable to match this deal:

$21658 (include destination fee)
    $1329 (6% tax)
    $499 (Documentation)
    $21 title
    --------------
    OTD $23508

Qualified for 1.9% 36mon. financing.

Dealer included moonroof visor, splash guards, and cargo tray at no additional charge (as part of negotiations)

Need to make decision on Extended Warranty. They are offering a $500 discount so the 8 year/100K miles will be $1360 (after discount). I have searched through the forum messages but am unable to locate the link where this can be purchased online at a better price. Can some kind soul provide me this link if you have it bookmarked? Thanks.
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    This info was posted under the Honda extended warranty site here on Edmund's and may help you.
    Bernardi Auto Group
    960 Worcester Road
    Natick, MA 01760
    800.455.5905 (p)
    508.651.1394 (f)
    SalesTeamBernardiWarranty.com

Curry Honda,
    765 Memorial Drive,
    Chicopee, MA 01020
    Sales: 888-670-6449
    Fax: 413-593-0230
    internetcurrycars.com

Hyannis Honda
    830 West Main Street
    Hyannis, MA 02601
    Phone: (508) 778-7878
    Fax: (508) 775-6855
    infohondacareextendedwarranty.com

Saccucci Honda
    1350 West Main Road
    Middletown, RI 02842
    (401)-847-4737
    salessaccucci.com
  • kat100kat100 Member Posts: 2
    This is exactly the car I want to buy. Can you tell me what dealership you purchased from. The only change we need is a roof rack instead of the body side molding.

Thanks.
  • lgollinlgollin Member Posts: 4
    Thank you for the info on your purchase. I called the dealer that I purchased my 05 CRV from and made them an offer of $23,400 OTD. It was excepted, the deal was done by phone in 5 minutes. I emailed other dealers in the Tampa area with a close offer and none seemed interested. Now that I see that you pretty much got the same deal, I feel that we both did well. Maybe I should request the extras!
  • neil_hneil_h Member Posts: 11
    Thanks. Since I was looking for $0 deductible, 8 year/100K miles extended warranty for the 2009 CRV, here is the comparison of online pricing:

$860: SalesTeamBernardiWarranty.com

$1135: http://www.curryhondacare.com/ (asks for email and sends $100 off coupon in email)

$xxxx : infohondacareextendedwarranty.com is same website as Curry Honda above

$860: salessaccucci.com

Looks like if the dealer cannot match $860 (from original "discounted" quote of $1360), I will purchase the warranty online.
  • JHJJJHJJ Member Posts: 4
    Can anyone help me with the quote I got from local dealer?

2009 Honda CRV EX-L 2WD with $3000 Trade In

$24000 OTD includes TX tax (6.25%) and destination charge $670 and some accessories (not sure what they are...maybe floor mat, splash guard, cargo tray, and tailgate spoiler)

Plus 1.9% 36 Months Financing

BAD or GOOD DEAL ???

Thanks
  • zenniazennia Member Posts: 3
    I just got what I think is a great deal. I purchased a white 09 crv exl 4 x 4 for $25,600.00 out the door.

Do you agree?
    I just read your message about 3,000 trade in and 24,000. I had a quote of 24,500 no trade in on a 2 wheel drive ex-l in Greer SC. Dick Brooks - I went with a 4x4 EX-L 09 for 25,600.00 I negotiated with three dealers for 2 weeks.
    The lowest I could get on 09 CRV EX-L AWD was 25,600.00. I was told they lost $300 on the sale and would simply make it up on someone who didn't bother with negotiating for a better price.
  • jam8jam8 Member Posts: 22
    I recently paid $21,495 + $599 dealer fee + TTL for a 2009 EX 2wd. This comes to $22,094 + TTL, Lemon Law, Tire Fee.

This was in Central FL. See my posts several pages back. I took the 100% 3.9% financing as it is cheap money. Everything was easy, although the F&I guy tried to sell everything from paint sealant to Lojack.
  • njhotwheelsnjhotwheels Member Posts: 5
    DCH Academy Honda in Old Bridge, NJ. We first contacted them via their internet sales department for a quote. They came back with the best price among the eight dealerships we contacted via the internet. I contacted the other dealerships to see if they could beat their price. I did not say which dealership they were trying to beat, I just told them how much under invoice they needed to be. Only one dealership, Freehold Honda, beat it by a few dollars but they did not have the color we wanted in stock.

When we arrived, we were greeted by the Internet Sales Agent who hooked us up with one of their sales people. Extremely nice people. No pressure. And they honored their internet price with no unwanted add-ons.
  • newcarguy5newcarguy5 Member Posts: 14
    dmarkham:

I picked up the car last night and the dealer came through as promised at $25,300 including dest and doc. They are located in Burlington, NJ (Willis Honda).

I know it's a good price because another dealer turned me down for my offer of $25,400 a week earlier while I had my checkbook in hand.

As a result, your local dealer may not be willing to sell for such a low price, but you should be able to get close to the $25,500 plus tax and tags (first Internet quote by another dealer).
  • ousilly1ousilly1 Member Posts: 13
    Hi kderobertis,

The purchased price (cost + dest) that I mentioned in posts 7793 & 8071 are accurate and truthful. I have absolutely NO REASONS to lie. I gain nothing out of this. I first came to this board to see if the dealer quotes in Chicago is fair or high. Needless to say, I thought the price they gave me was more than fair.

Just to reiterate the CRV transaction experience the in last two months:
    1) 2008 CR-V EXL AWD w/o Navi: $24,300 (Carr's Honda, Chicago IL)
    -no accessories
    -Post 7793
    2) 2009 CR-V EXL AWD w/o Navi: $24,770 (Continental Honda, Countryside IL)
    -wheel locks
    -first aid kit
    -Post 8071

Like someone said, it seems like Chicago has some of the best pricing around the area. If you live within an hour or so, it maybe worth the drive here to buy a V. Good luck to all.
  • kderobertiskderobertis Member Posts: 82
    Thanks for the follow-up, yes that price is truely amazing!

I'm pretty amazed how prices vary regionally, but I'm sure there are lots of factors involved, in what determines what a dealership will sell a CRV for.

I'm hoping that great pricing finds it was to New York.

Happy Holidays!
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    The price seems to be right to me, as you can buy 09 EXL 4x4 at 24,600 (dest incl) in MA
  • believebelieve Member Posts: 74
    I see everyone comparing car prices but is anyone considering the amount of money the dealer is making on F&I (finance) ?.
    Bottom line is, they are willing to sell for no profit what-so-ever if they can make a decent profit on the finance end of the deal. If you think for a minute that the dealing is done just because you received a decent price on the car your mistaken! These people do this for a living, you probably buy once ever 3 to 5 years.
    For those of you that did your numbers on the purchase and had your finance already set up.......congrats!
    For those of you that did your pricing on the car and left the dealer do the financing....well....you better check those rates etc.
    That's 100% correct, since I'm paying CASH, the good deals our not coming my way. One dealer suggested, that I finace to get the better price and just pay the car off 3 months later, with no pre-payment penalty.

I believe the better deals will come in 2009, since dealers have gotton hammered in the last 6 months of 2008, but for 2009 they are going to need better approaches in selling cars, and for the CRV, maybe we will see a CASH INCENTIVE from Honda.
  • jvolljvoll Member Posts: 3
    zennia,

the best offer i've recieved is 26,549 OTD, what city and state did you buy your CR-V?
  • kar6kar6 Member Posts: 1
    Thanks for all the info on purchases, it helped me know what to pay. Will pick up our 09 EX-L 4WD with splashguards, wheel locks for 25300 out the door on Jan 2.
  • 1LegitFit1LegitFit Member Posts: 1
    She has been on the email and phone (with the help of me) during the last few days now and got quoted $21,400 (destination charge included). I told her she'll need to close the deal tomorrow. I'm optimistic she'll do better by close of business tomorrow. I recently purchased an 09 Fit Sport with great turn out, that's why I told her what she needed to do.
  • newcarguy5newcarguy5 Member Posts: 14
    believe:

I have to disagree with you. I just purchased the CR-V two days ago and received Honda's promotional 60-month rate of 3.9%. Even though Fed Funds is at zero, Honda Finance (not the dealer) is probably losing money on the deal considering the average bank rate is 6.8% according to bankrate.com.

Also, when I received all of my Internet quotes not one dealer asked me how I was paying for the vehicle when they quoted me a price. In addition, the dealer I purchased it from didn't know how much I would be financing until I arrived at the dealership. They didn't care one way or another.

The prices are good because the economy is bad and they need to move inventory.
  • bbekislibbekisli Member Posts: 1
    I also purchased a 2009 CR-V LX 4WD for $20.980 (destination charge included).
    The special financing for 60 months is very useful and they also offered a trade-in price for my old car as high as the blue book value of a private party sale. I believe that the dealers are going in a difficult period of time so they try to sell as much as possible. This is true even for the Honda dealers.
  • cliffbcliffb Member Posts: 46
    Where in MA
  • chuckster88chuckster88 Member Posts: 5
    Hi everyone,

Just wondering what people are getting for EX-L 2WD/no navi pricing in the San Francisco Area.

I got quoted 24,199 includes dest charge, but no TTL

How does that compare to what other people are seeing.

Thanks
  • aribannaribann Member Posts: 16
    Zen
    Can please break out your CRV costs.
    Thanks

"The lowest I could get on 09 CRV EX-L AWD was 25,600.00."
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    Herb Chambers
  • dishwash42dishwash42 Member Posts: 89
    zennia: don't be stuck on stupid. you have to tell us in what state you purchased the vehicle and what the document/dealer fees were, etc. in order for us to evaluate your deal. give us a break down of MSRP, invoice price, options, etc. and then we can compare apples to apples.
  • reccemanrecceman Member Posts: 3
    Just picked up our 09 CRV LX 4wd, paid 21371 + tax and DMV with 3.9 financing. Amazingly low pressure, no last minute surprises, no BS experience (Nardy Honda, Smithtown LI). Received an internet quote that beat the other local dealers and we bought the car. Vehicle was bought and delivered same afternoon. All car dealers should be like this.
    Vehicle is outstanding, everything is logically laid out and works just as it should. Lx has all the same basic running and safety gear as the EX, we didn't need a sunroof, leather, or Nav system, so we went with the LX. Very happy with the car.
  • srikant75srikant75 Member Posts: 2
    hi will it be ok for u to share ur info. I was at willis honda,nj and they dont go below 25490.
  • forthemyraforthemyra Member Posts: 2
    I'm a Civic owner, but due to a need for more space I've turned to the CR-V. I went to the dealership that I had been in touch with only to find my salesperson had left early last night (Dec.31). The last person there took my name and info and emailed the head manager telling him my situation and said I would be contacted after the new year. Here's my question... how can I use this poor customer service to my advantage to get the best deal?

Their quote for a CR-V 4WD EX : $21,938 + $670 dest. + TTL + $289 dealer fees + $~600 "appearance pkg." (which I know is total crap and have yet to negotiate that) plus $9,000 for my trade in '06 Civic EX Sedan with 37k. (1 accident but repaired by dealer)
    Any suggestions?
    I would just move on to another dealership, since this $~600 "appearance pkg", which is non-sense, just gives you an idea there could be more surprises along the way from this dealership.

Even the $289 dealer fees is non-sense!
  • whodiiniwhodiini Member Posts: 1
    Just got a 2008 CRV EX AWD, $22k + TTL in the bay area plus 1.9% financing. Tried but couldnt find a lower price. Longo in LA was clearing out the 2008 and selling them for about the same.
  • ghorner1ghorner1 Member Posts: 2
    Purchased an '09 CRV EX AWD for $22,350 includes destination but not TT. And took advantage of the 1.9% financing. I researched over 50 dealers in the OH, MI and IN area and this was the best price. The dealer I purchased from ceased spending any advertising dollars during the month of December and offered $1000 off the best deal for the consumer.

From the same dealer, he quoted $20,175 for the '09 LX AWD which is another great deal. The $1000 incentive ends today. Let me know if anyone has questions.
  • dishwash43dishwash43 Member Posts: 4
    which dealer?
  • CivicUpgradeCivicUpgrade Member Posts: 12
    OK, so after a week of email and phone attack on a half-dozen Southern Cali and Southern Nevada (Las Vegas) dealers, I just got the following offer:

23,888 (including destination)
    55 - doc fee
    283- registration
    1970.76- sales tax (8.25 LA county)
    -----
    OTD= 26, 196

Thoughts? Should I try to get any add-ons?

I'm happy because the sales price appears to be about $1000 under invoice, and previous offers were between $24,300 and $24, 800.

Thanks!
    that is a fantastic deal. i would get it now.

add-ons: body side molding? all weather mats?

great job on getting a nice deal.
  • TheHoundTheHound Member Posts: 1
    I just got an email from internet sales manager offering car for $24K before tax and license. I visited the dealer and they want to add Propack/Blue Tooth for another $506. Sounds like a ripoff! Any ideas???

Is this a decent deal or should I email for additional dealer quotes. This dealer is right by the house and I don't want to spend hours/days to save a few bucks.

I was also thinking of adding roof rack and trailer hitch but may do that after purchase.
    CivicUpgrade: i want to clarify something: is your deal for FWD or AWD?
    forget bluetooth installed by dealer. it's a ripoff. get one of those dinky bluetooth ear buds for $50 or less.
    Dishwash: The car is two-wheel drive, NOT 4X4. Even in this economy, that price for four-wheel drive would be stunning. BTW, another dealer just quoted me 23,500. Looks like there's some dealer cash floating around....
    Also- no add-ons. Should I try to get the dealer to throw some stuff in? Other than tinting, don't know what else I need. I'm considering ditching the stereo for an aftermarket navi system.... don't like Honda's, esp since it's 1700 w/o bluetooth or ipod integration.
    You can do better. Honda just released some dealer cash. Do not agree to the add-on. If you give me an email address, or if there's a way to do a private mssg, I will give you the names of two dealers in SoCal who will do less. Looks like we're hunting for the same car...
  • chuckster88chuckster88 Member Posts: 5
    I'm looking for the same car up in norcal. At an 8.25% tax rate I got quoted ~25900 OTD.

EX-L w/o Nav FWD

Which puts my car price around the 23500 range as well.. CivicUpgrade, have you got any lower?
    I finally worked out a deal for a 2009 CRV EX-L AWD for $25,000 (incl. destination) + Tax + DMV on Long Island, NY.

I'm going with the "Alabaster Silver Metallic" with Black Leather interior, should be very sweet.

I will also order all my Genuine Honda accessories online as follows:
    - All-Season Floor Mats (Black) *** A Must Have Item ***
    - Honda Cargo Tray *** A Must Have Item ***
    - Honda Chrome Exhaust Finisher
    - Honda Wheel Locks
    - Pack of 6 oil filters w/locks

*** Remember Always Use Genuine Honda Parts ***

Happy New Year!
    I'm within $100 of that... but they're insisting I take delivery by Sunday. Problem is, I am out of the LA area until next week... might have to risk the price disappearing by then. Don't know why they can't take a non-refundable deposit.
  • npsnownpsnow Member Posts: 1
    Thanks to all of your posts, I just picked up our new 2009 CRV EX-L AWD without navigation. I will try to be complete so you have full information.
    Pricing includes appearence package, door edge guards, wheel locks, mud flaps, wheel well guards, and pinstripes

$ 25,264.00 Includes destination and dealer processing charge
    836.00 Va tax (3%), and registration fees
    $ 26,100.00 Out the door

Thanks to this forum for providing the tools to complete this purchase in record time with a minimum of haggling and no driving around thanks to the internet.
  • BNACRVBNACRV Member Posts: 3
    How far below invoice should I be able to buy a '08 LX CR-V right now, including with dealer cash? What about an '09 CR-V? Thanks.
  • carbuyerinflcarbuyerinfl Member Posts: 2
    Thanks to everyone's advice, I finally purchased an '08 LX CR-V (Royal Blue) over the past weekend.

I am in South Florida, but drove to West Florida (300 mile drive) to pick up the vehicle from Love Honda, Homassasa, FL.

I paid $20,700.00 OTD (including 6% taxes, $200 tag + title etc). My base price (approx) is $19,500.
    I could not be happier with this dealer. Very pleasant. Steve VanAlstyne (internet sales manager) is very professional and treats customers with respect.

I highly recommend this dealership to anyone in Florida. You will not be disappointed.

The South Florida dealers, especially Potamkin is one of the most unprofessional dealers. They do not understand the concept of customer service and negotiation. It is a car, the same car that thousands of other dealers around the country carry....so it is natural to expect that the customer will negotiate. Wake up, Potamkin Honda, smell the coffee.

-Amit
  • exact123exact123 Member Posts: 1
    Thank you, everyone, for all the numbers and ideas.
    Just bought my new CRV EX-L FWD w/ roof rack.

$26,785 OTD
    (7.75% tax)
    San Diego, CA

Took advantage of the 1.9% financing.
  • BNACRVBNACRV Member Posts: 3
    I was told by a dealer today that Honda is now offering $500 cash on 2009 CR-Vs and $1000 cash on 2008 CR-Vs.