Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• pothikpothik Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I keep hearing different estimates ($100-$200) for DMV charges from different dealers in NY for a planned purchase (of 2009 CRV EX AWD). My guess is that the DMV charges (for a new plate) should add up to a certain fixed value. Can some one provide a break down of the NY DMV charges for a new car purchase and provide a more accurate estimate?

pothik
  • fretfret Member Posts: 1
    We have been looking in TN for an 09 CR-V EX-L. The sticker price is typically around 26,500 in the area. We're curious on what everyone thinks is a "doable" negotiation. Using a trade-in worth about 1000, we are hoping to get the car for 20 - 21,000 tops including TTL. This is still a fair price for the dealer, given their margin, and the rebate the dealership gets for selling the vehicle, not-to-mention the state of sales for new cars right now.

Does anyone have great negotiating expereice to share any differences between Honda vs. Other car comps?

Thank you for you input! :)
  • AJ34474AJ34474 Member Posts: 14
    Dealer invoice on a 2009 EX-L is $24229.00 plus $670.00 delivery/destination charge, so an OTD price of $20-21K may be somewhat overly optimistic. The EX-L can definately be had for less than invoice. I just bought a 2009 EX-L in Florida last week for $699 less than invoice. One dealer quoted me $1000 less than dealer invoice, but he didn't have the color that I wanted and was also 60 miles away. Hope this helps
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    Your price range is doable in EX, not EXL.
  • sexybeastsexybeast Member Posts: 4
    can anybody tell me the current A.P.R. for a CR-V for a 2008 and a 2009 please as well as the lease rates for the 2008 and 2009, thank you....
  • coolshamscoolshams Member Posts: 4
    Whats the lowest I can get?Is $19000 a reasonable price?I'll try Willis Honda too...where is this located?
  • susanjeansusanjean Member Posts: 5
    Willis Honda quoted me $22,500 for this same model. I am hoping to get them to get me OTD at $23,600. (Though maybe I am not being aggressive enough!)
  • zar1zar1 Member Posts: 24
    Just picked up yesterday. Also came with Locking Lug Nuts and Front Mud Flaps that had been previously added to all the dealer's stock. $670 destination charge included in the $25K. Color purchased: Green Tea. Purchased location: Hollywood, CA. Lovin our new CRV!

Hard to find a better value in a car today IMHO.
  • redaixredaix Member Posts: 3
    The lowest I got in this area is about 22500, including destination charge. Willis said they will beat other dealer's quote by certain amount, which is consistent with some google reviews.
  • iceyhotjiceyhotj Member Posts: 30
    Hi Zar1,
    Was your deal for a lease or purchase? Do you mind telling me how much a month you are paying? Also for how many months? I live in Southern Cali and I'm interested in basically that exact vehicle. Any help, tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!
    J
  • anextra1anextra1 Member Posts: 5
    I am also interested in the same car. What was your exact price? Can you break it down with taxes, OTD.

Thanks.
    Vehicle was purchased. Financed through dealership at 4.75% a.p.r. for 36 mos. Some credit unions are offering as low as 3.75% but you need to qualify for membership at those (like Navy FCU). I could match the same deal at any number of dealerships. Did it all over the phone and internet.
    Honda is providing $500 cash back to dealer incentive through 3/2 so that helps the dealers out. They could shift to subsidizing financing if March's sales don't improve but for now there's no special financing from Honda on the CRV, only the Civic.

Good luck.
    Hi anextra,

OTD will vary depending on where you live etc. so I don't find it particularly useful to provide. Just plug in your own tax rate. Doc fees are $55 anywhere in California so those are fixed. Add $8 for tire disposal fees. Exact DMV fees are available on web at: https://mv.dmv.ca.gov/FeeCalculatorWeb/index.jsp

As a guide (in California) one sales rep said he tells people to add 10.3% to the sales price to estimate tax, license, etc. although I found in my case that it actually came out to an extra 9%.

Good luck.
  • bobecalibobecali Member Posts: 2
    do you mind to share which dealer / rep that u got this deal from? thx much!
  • sc75188sc75188 Member Posts: 12
    my husband is a mechanic and we got a price for a 2009 EX-l for $25k out the door....its the cheapest I found since other deals wanted $27k out the door...in the New Jersey area.... Is this a good deal it seems to be...???
  • jek713jek713 Member Posts: 2
    Not bad for a little over $200 under invoice - if you wanted those other extras. I considered John Eagle for my recent purchase but ended up getting through Gillman at about $750 under invoice. Included window tinting and pin stripe at that price but not the others that you got.
    Hi zar1!
    Thanks for the information! Did you put any money down?
    J
    P.S. I'm trying to keep my car payment between $300 and $320 or so. Do you think this is possible with the CR-V (doesn't have to have nav)?
  • houstoncrvhoustoncrv Member Posts: 2
    I'm sure I left some money on the table but I was happy with the final price. My wife drives an Element that I bought from Gillman about six months ago so I had gotten an online quote from them as well.

They actually came in quite a bit less than the initial quote from John Eagle but it was still higher than what I actually ended up paying. I mainly went with John Eagle because it is a more convenient location for me and they offer loaner cars/roadside assistance. They also threw in three free oil changes.
  • octopopsoctopops Member Posts: 8
    Quick quotes rec'd from Knoxville TN dealerships for 09 CRV EX-L are in a tight range from 23300 to 23600 + the 670 destination and 499 doc fee. These are first quotes and from past experience, can be negotiated lower. Good Luck!
    Does anyone have any recent experience(s) for the 2009 CRV EXL 2WD in the Atlanta GA area? Price before tax/title? Thanks
  • r1108r1108 Member Posts: 4
    Was the $750 under invoice the driveout price or did you pay TT&L extra?
  • mia1975mia1975 Member Posts: 3
    Seems like I got a similar price. After one month of internet haggling within a 50 mile radius i was able to get the EX AWD..sale price was 22,690.. The dealer charged me 249 for doc, reg and title fees..We have 5 % tax here in Ma.. so total OTD= $24,073.50.. I feel this was fair as it seems there isnt too much room to play between msrp and invoice on this vehicle.
  • cliffbcliffb Member Posts: 46
    EX AWD for $22,690

Where in MA?
    09 EX AWD at $22,700 (incl dest) before dealer adm fee & TTL ... Herb Chambers - Boston
  • hal515hal515 Member Posts: 1
    Hello Octopops,
    I went by Jerry Damson in Huntsville AL today and offered 24k for an EX-L AWD w/o Nav. They song and danced me to the "MSRP tune". I walked. I'm not against driving to Knoxville, who was the dealer that gave you the quote? I'm interested.
  • northnorth Member Posts: 6
    Many people here seem to allow themselves to get confused at dealerships......My advice is simply contact as many dealers as you'd be willing to purchase a vehicle from. Do this on the internet. Most options are bundled, know specifically what you want and send the same message to all of them. You have one question for them

WHAT IS THE OUT THE DOOR PRICE ?

nothing else matters, you shouldn't care what the processing fees are or anything else!!!...taxes, title, and license are the same wherever you purchase it........

never tell them how your going to finance the car which you should have setup before you even look, until everyone has signed the purchase agreement

never tell them you have a trade in..if they ask tell them no......you can always tell them after you have signed the agreement you've changed your mind
    Hey Meeper,

I'm looking to buy that exact vehicle 2009 CR-V EX-L 2WD Glacier Blue and I live in DC Metro area.........Which dealer did you get your deal from?
    Here is step by step on how to Buy a New Car For the Lowest Price
    Arm Yourself With the Knowledge to Become a Car Buying Warrior

http://www.realcartips.com/articles/carbuying/how-to-buy-a-new-car.html
  • xiehuanhuanxiehuanhuan Member Posts: 2
    Can anyone share the CRV FWD EX w/o Navi OTd price in so Cal?
    Thanks!
    hand written the price that were posted for past 1 month here, then you should have good idea the lowest to offer your dealer.
    Hi iceyhoti,
    What you can get for a $320 monthly payment obviously depends on 3 things: 1. downpayment amount (including value of trade-in, if any), 2. term of loan, 3. interest rate. Use a loan calculator to change the parameters. As an example using your $320/mo. maximum payment on a 5 year loan:
    5 year loan
    4.5% = $17,165 loan amt.
    5.0% = $16,957
    5.5% = $16,753.
    Obviously changing the loan rate or term (length) of the loan will alter these. That's why you should use a loan calculator to figure out your personal situation and options.
    Add the loan amount to your down payment and you'll know how much car you can buy.
    Hope you find what you want!
  • tl_2007stl_2007s Member Posts: 34
    I am interested in getting a 2006 CRV LX with around 30 K miles from a local dealer in Northern California. What would be a good price to look for? They are asking anywhere from $ 16,700 to $ 18,000.
    Thanks,
    West Side was essentially 24500, with the other Knoxville Dealers at 24750 (price + 670 dest. + doc fee...personally I don't care how they quote the 3 numbers...it's total price before tax/title).

First quotes are typically not the lowest.

My last call to Knoxville dealers has not resulted in any movement.

Dealerships in the ATL and other parts of GA are responding 24300 to 24650, with some throwing in splash guards (cost appears to be 89 or so)

I have flown to Ohio and driven back to ATL to save significant money (1500 less 300 for air/gas) on my last two Hondas (2001, 2006). Regional market conditions were very different then, on selected vehicles. Today, OH quotes are very similar to ATL - although I've just rec'd an updated quote from OH at 24000 +tax/title.

Hope this helps. The $500 incentive is over in a few days. No telling what Honda will offer/follow with.

If some dealership will move a few hundred dollars, I may purchase tomorrow. Otherwise I plan to stay patient...and wait for my 'stimulus' package.

Treadwell/Mobile AL is quoting 24350. This again is total cost before tax/title.
    FYI

purchased a CRV EX-L 2WD in Maryland (DC Metro) on the road for $25,648 total...mud guards, wheel locks and $100 credit toward service or accessories included..Could of probably tweaked it a bit more, but I was satisfied.....
  • jc2009jc2009 Member Posts: 1
    Bought car yesterday for $26850 out the door (final price). No trade in.
    Options included mudguards, wheel locks and all season mats.
    MA 5% tax.

Others have bought for less but this was the best I could do. :D

I'll kick myself on Tuesday, if Honda raises Manufacturer to Dealer incentive to more than $500. :cry:
  • drac2009drac2009 Member Posts: 9
    Octopops:
    Your OH at 24000 +tax/title for 09 EX-L 2WD sounds attractive. Let us know what you do eventually in your region. After Mar 2, Honda hopefully will increase their incentive.
    By the way, you can get the splash (mud) guards from colegehillshonda.com for around $48. 6 screws job with a screw driver.
    hal515,
    Are you sure it was "24k for an EX-L AWD w/o Nav"? The invoice for EX-L AWD is $25342 from Edmunds before destination and any other fee. You were under $1,300 from the invoice at least. Even after $700 fee you have an offer of OTD $24,700 for AWD before tax. You didn't take it? They must had a very bad dance for you. I really doubt Mr. Jerry Damson would do that price for you though. Let us know.
    zar1 thank you so much for all the information! :)
  • rebcrvrebcrv Member Posts: 3
    I'm [this] close to buying a 2009 CRV EX-L 2WD. I found one with navi and back up camera, fog lights, and am offering 25703, + tax and license. They are accepting, I just need to call them back, but I want to get input first and see if this is average, high or low. I'm in California, bay area. Thanks!
  • candygrrlcandygrrl Member Posts: 1
    I know that the marketing incentive ended yesterday, but when will we know if Honda is doing another one? I'm trying to wait on a 2008 or 2009 EX until I know that info. Thanks!
    Usually Honda will have new one come out in 2 days after last one expired.
  • mplshondadlrmplshondadlr Member Posts: 409
    2009 Honda CRV $500.00 in dealer cash
    2008 Honda CRV $1000.00 in dealer cash
    No APR offers.
  • coolshamscoolshams Member Posts: 4
    Hey,

Now got a latest quote on CR-V EX FWD...$20,995 excluding destination charges.Is this the lowest?I was pressing on 20,995 with destination, but the dealer refused to budge, so I had to walk out.this was open road honda
    Also he was offering me a 2008 CR-V EX FWD for 20,143 again w/o destination charges...that was way way too much for 08 & then he was insisting i buy -08 for that price which i feel is too high for 08 models...
    Also he didnt even let me test drive...i would not recommend this dealership to anyone...i had a similar experience couple of months back when i was looking for a civic.
    mplshondadir,
    is your source of the incentives 03/03-03/31 pretty reliable? the dealers i contacted kind of play dumb. maybe it is the beginning of the month?
  • dofferdoffer Member Posts: 16
    I'm considering the purchase of a similar car (in northern California) and the out-the-door prices I've been receiving (this price includes all taxes, license, destination, etc.) have ranged from $28,100 to 29,800. At least for northern California, it seems that if you can get a 2WD EX-L with navigation out-the-door for less than $27,700 it sounds like a reasonable deal. Not sure if the rebates/incentives would serve to lower this even more, but I thought they were ending on 3/2/09. Let us know how you did and good luck!
  • mplshondadlrmplshondadlr Member Posts: 409
    My source is Honda.
  • prospectiveprospective Member Posts: 10
    Does your source have any info on new lease programs for the 2009 CR-V?
    Aloha:

I'm looking to lease a 2009 CR-V EX FWD... I looked on the Honda website and it said there were no current lease offers. Has anyone had any luck getting a good deal out there? I only want the moon roof as an extra accessory.
  • carsedgecarsedge Member Posts: 1
    Looks like Honda released National Offers. Checkout their site, put in a zip code, then search, you will see it show up. Maybe its a glitch. I hope they put out low finance options as well.
    example on a CR-V...

2009 CR-V 2WD Featured Special Lease
    $239.00 per month for 36 months. $2,699.00 total due at signing.
    Includes down payment with no security deposit. Excludes taxes, titles and fees. For well-qualified buyers.
    [Show Details] Show Details
    Get a CertificateRequest a Quote
    FEATURED SPECIAL LEASE: Closed-end lease for 2009 CR-V 2WD LX Automatic Transmission (Model RE3839EW) for $239.00 per month for 36 months with a $1,865.00 capitalized cost reduction available to customers who qualify for the AHFC Super Preferred credit tier. Other rates/tiers are available under this offer. $2,699.00 total due at lease signing (includes first month's payment with no security deposit, AHFC upfront acquisition fee and capitalized cost reduction; total net capitalized cost and base monthly payment does not include tax, license, title, registration, documentation fees, options, insurance and the like). Not all buyers may qualify.

Subject to limited availability. 3/3/2009 through 5/4/2009, to approved lessees by American Honda Finance Corp. Closed end lease for 2009 CR-V 2WD LX Automatic Transmission vehicles (Model RE3839EW), for well qualified lessees. Not all lessees will qualify. Higher lease rates apply for lessees with lower credit ratings. MSRP $21,915.00 (includes destination) less the capitalized cost reduction (which may be paid by the suggested dealer contribution) resulting in actual net capitalized cost $18,871.31. Dealer contribution may vary and could affect actual lease payment. Taxes, license, title fees, options and insurance extra. Total monthly payments $8,604.00. Option to purchase at lease end $13,149.00. Lessee responsible for maintenance, excessive wear/tear and 15 cents/mi. over 12,000 miles/year for vehicles with MSRP less than $30,000, but for vehicles with MSRP of $30,000 or more, mileage cost is 20 cents/mi. over 12,000 miles/year. See dealer for complete details.
    Aloha:

I'm currently looking for a 2009 CR-V EXL for my wife... I offered $23,700 plus docs and license and they laughed me out the door! Please give me your details and I'll try again.

Mahalo