Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• arifshabarifshab Member Posts: 7
    Hello! I got Quote for $26600 OTD in MI.
    Lowest Deal for CRV EX-L 2009 in MI. I am getting is 26600. What do you think, is it a good deal? :)
  • netak1netak1 Member Posts: 21
    $24.5 out the door for an AWD EX-L? I've never seen anything that low for out the door in NJ. That would put the car price (w/ destination) at under $23k. Did your father actually buy?
  • sc75188sc75188 Member Posts: 12
    all fee's out the door including tax and desination......he is actually looking for me but he didn't talk to a sales person he spoke with a manager the one that makes all the decisions......so next weekend I'm going their to close the deal......... my husband who is a auto body tech got a deal for $25 out the door.....either way I 'll have one for approx $25k out the door....
  • svinitasvinita Member Posts: 1
    What Michigan Dealer? I am in the market just hoping this Cash for Clunkers deal goes through
    Great deal! Can you keep me posted on how it turns out? The Rt. 22 dealership is only about 30 minutes from me. Thanks!
  • megahitmegahit Member Posts: 10
    hi
    i am also looking to buy one. I got a quote for 24685 out of the door in MD with 6% tax included.
    Can you tell me where did you bought this ?
    Also could you please tell me the APR ?
    19800...does it include taxes ?

Let me know how it came out
    this is an excellent price. Can you tell how did got the 0.9 % interest letter from AHFS.
    I m getting a CRV 4WD LX - 22045 OUT OF DOOR PRICE (7 % TAX)

Waiting your reply
  • vagabondchefvagabondchef Member Posts: 107
    Got a quote for $20240 plus $125 dealer fee in Milwaukee area yesterday for an 09 CRV LX 4WD.

Is that good or not?

I seems deals are hard to come by even from Honda in bad times like these.
    this is a good price to me. the least quote i got was from a dealer in virginia (including 3% sales tax) 21986.03 for CRV LX 4WD.

Hope yours is inclusive of tax and everything ???

Which dealer is this ? If you can share the info with me then it would be helpful for me. I was checking with few dealers in Chicago.

Thanks
  • lkg4crvlkg4crv Member Posts: 1
    Hi seeker1966,

I know your posting was a while ago. I'm in the process of getting quotes for the same car. Where are you located? I'm in San Francisco so I'm trying to get comparable quotes within the area.

Thank you in advance!
  • xchensxchens Member Posts: 4
    I bot a crv-lx 4wd today, no options, 20800+TTL(7%) in NJ freehold honda. Didn't plan to buy today, but was offered this price so we bot.. looks like I paid higher price.
    (20800+670(destine))*(1+7%) +268(NJ 4 yr regi?) +195 admin fee.=23435.9.

and the silver one we originally want is sold, so get the light green one.

is 4WD the AWD, as edmunds price only shows 2WD and AWD price, no 4WD.

Thx.

Havn't buy a new car for many years.. we originally wanted to test nissan rogue before make decision(I like rogue's shape), tested RAV4 last week. and was talked into this deal when havn't research much. plan to pay cash.

Can I back off the deal?
    There are TWO Dealer Crown Honda and Victory Honda. It was Internet Quote.
    Good Luck
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    xchens

FWD = 2WD, AWD = 4WD, 4x4

I think you can cancel within 3 days if you need more time to research and test drive.
  • jeeper29jeeper29 Member Posts: 2
    I am collecting internet quotes in the Boston area.

The lowest quote I have gotten is 24,998 with destination with high quotes above $26,000.

I'm sure I can go lower as this is their opening quote.

However, I have a tradein ( a Jeep GC) and I wonder how much processing the trade in will cost me in terms of getting a really low price.
  • richbf2richbf2 Member Posts: 73
    Hi all, i am in VA. I bought my crv last week. After shopping at various dealerships, this is the best quote i have received:
    MSRP: 24,695.00 (ex awd), 390 admin., 60 tt&L
    OTD: 23,700.
    What do you guys think? thanks
    jeeper29

My experience told me only a few dealers can give you close to KBB trade-in value. Most of them are about $2,000 less, so they can make extra profit on that.

Click my name to email me for further info.
  • AJ34474AJ34474 Member Posts: 14
    Negotiate the price of the CR-V and the Jeep (your trade-in) separately. Don't even mention the trade until you have come to terms on the CR-V. If you are asked if you have a trade-in, tell the salesman the you will discuss the trade-in once you come to terms on the CR-V.

Remember that KBB is only a guide (and not a very good on at that) as to the value of your trade-in. Dealers actually use "Black Book" prices (what vehicles like yours are selling for at local auctions). Your vehicle's desireability (condition, low miles and the prospect of a quick turnover by the dealer) is the biggest factor determining your vehicles trade-in value.

Vehicles with low desireability are usually sold wholesale to a local used car dealer or parked on the dealer's back lot until taken to the next auction. Consequently, these vehicles don't bring much in the way of a trade-in.

A dealer will expect to make at least $1500 to $2000 on the resale of your vehicle, plus his cost, if any, to recondition it . The dealer's retail (asking price) price for your trade-in will probably be about $3000 more than what he will allow you on trade in, to give the new purchaser a little room to bargin. These are the factors that I use to determine what I am willing to settle for on a trade.

Check the AutoTrade to see what see what Dealers nationwide are asking for a vehicle in similar condition/mileage to yours. Also, KBB, Edmond's and NADA can be useful tools in determining your vehicles value, but they are just a guide. Hope this helps.
  • AJ34474AJ34474 Member Posts: 14
    Negotiate the price of the CR-V and the Jeep (your trade-in) separately. Don't even mention the trade until you have come to terms on the CR-V. If you are asked if you have a trade-in, tell the salesman the you will discuss the trade-in once you come to terms on the CR-V.

Remember that KBB is only a guide (and not a very good on at that) as to the value of your trade-in. Dealers actually use "Black Book" prices (what vehicles like yours are selling for at local auctions. Vehicle desireability (e.g., make, model, condition, mileage,and a quick turnover) are the biggest factors determining your vehicles trade-in value.

A dealer will expect to make at least $1500 to $2000 on the resale of your vehicle, plus his cost, if any, to recondition it . The dealer's retail (asking price) for your trade-in will probably be about $3000 than what he will allow you on trade in, to give the new purchaser a little room to bargin. These are the factors that I use to determine what I am willing to settle for on a trade-in.

Check to AutoTrade to see what see what dealers nationwide are asking for a vehicle in similar condition/mileage to yours. Also, use KBB, Edmond's and NADA as a giude. Hope this helps.
  • ralex3ralex3 Member Posts: 3
    I just bought a 2009 Honda CR-V EX AWD at Atamian Honda in MA. They gave me an internet deal of $22,353, including destination (good on cars in stock, expires 6/14/09). They added $299 documentation charge, state taxes, and $111 state registration fee.

It seemed to me I was getting a stellar deal. According to Edmunds, invoice is $22,977, holdback is 2% ($460), so the dealer's cost should be $22,517, I paid them $22,652 for the car (22,353 + 299). If they're making profit, it ain't much.

But then, after I signed the contract (alas), Honda Village called and offered to sell me the car for $500 less than Atamian. How can that be?! If Edmund's numbers are right, Atamian is making all of $135 off me and Honda Village would lose $365.

Are Edmund's numbers wrong? Is my math off? Are dealers so desperate to clear their lots they'll take a loss?
    I am also looking for a CRV. I m in MD area. Can you tell which dealer is this. This seems to be a good quote.
    The lowest quote i got was 24850$ for EX AWD

BTW what finance rate you got ?

Please let me know abt the dealer
    Sorry, richbf2, but Atamian Honda and Honda Village are in Massachusetts, not Maryland. If you really want to buy from out of state, just google the names.

I didn't get financing from the dealer.

One thing I've learned from my experience is to play dealers off against each other even when the price seems great already. I suggest you get internet prices, then call around telling dealers the lowest price you got and ask if they'll beat it.
  • jeeper29jeeper29 Member Posts: 2
    Appreciate the tips. I know these guys will try to make money on the CRV and money on my trade in as well, so it will be a battle. It's interesting. If they can make 2000-3000 on the trade-in, they will make far more on that than they will on the CRV.

Does anyone use TrueCar.com as a guide for good deal prices. They claim they use actual sale prices on CRVs. Their "Great Price" for a 2009 EX-L is 25,368 and a good price is 25.671 (inc. destination), but not TTL.
  • speedracer8speedracer8 Member Posts: 6
    What is the most effective way to get internet price quotes - call the internet managers at a bunch of dealers? Or use one of the websites that can do multiple quote requests by email? Which websites are best for that? Based on the chaos and competence level at most dealerships I would not be surprised if my email requests sat rotting in someone's inbox. Also, if you want to do a test drive, is it best to call the internet manager at one of the dealers and set that up?

My endgame is, I want to avoid the traditional, old-school scenario of sitting in the dealership while salesman and GM play the back and forth games. I want to negotiate the best price among several dealers and close it from my home or office.
    speedracer8

If you want info of most effective way to deal with Inernet sales, please click my name to email me for info.

I can't post the link here because they said it is competitor's site and my post got deleted.
    I went to pricequotes.com and, as a result, got e-mails from a few dealers with good prices. One price was really good: even below invoice minus holdback. Yet I discovered after buying that another dealer would've been willing to beat even that stunningly low price (this was on a Honda CR-V).

So even after you get the quotes, some negotiating might pay off.
  • dmarvin79dmarvin79 Member Posts: 1
    I did a ton of research and searching but ended up with a pretty good deal. Worked with the dealer I bought my '03 Accord from, met a sales guy who took very good care of us a couple of weeks ago. Let us test drive the car, even grabbed us a Santa Fe to test drive for comparison (Hyundai part of the same dealer family, a block away). Spent the last two weeks looking at pricing from Edmunds and Truecar, sent emails to all local Honda dealers. Got the quotes back and built my case. Told the salesman that I would get my best prices and give him first right of refusal.

Settled on an Urban Titanium Metallic, dark interior. $25,200 incl. destination. $250 for the roof rack INSTALLED, $710 for a 6 year, 100K extended warranty. Going in Saturday morning to do the paperwork. I could have gotten the roof rack for about $210 on the web but after shipping would have been close to the $250 anyway.

I did notice that the Truecar price ranges were a lot closer than the Edmunds price. Edmunds TMV is $26,403 which ends up in the "overpriced" range on Truecar.

Take a little time, do a little research, arm yourself with information. Does wonders if you can get done when you have the ammunition.

Hopefully everything goes well on Saturday morning!
    Thanks but I don't have personal email access at work (and I'm always at work). Maybe you could post enough info to be helpful but not so much as to be deleted?
    Regarding Truecar being more accurate than Edmunds - do you mean for market price or for invoice, or both? I'm not sure what the most accurate source is for invoice and dealer cost.
    How much you paid for the Car.
    You bought the AWD CRV EX-L model 25K OTD. Wow killer deal. In MI here no body came that close. Lucky you:)
  • ssrissri Member Posts: 1
    Is this the OTD price? or price before TTL (Tax,title/license)?
    It is a great deal if it is the OTD price. Also the accessories that you mentioned (roof rack and xtended warranty) are they included in this price or not part of $25200.

Am shopping for EX-L AWD in the bay area. Lowest i have received is $25420 (includes dest) but doesnt include TTL.

This is just the first email response based on the request I sent through a website. I am yet to schedule a visit to the local store for a test drive.

Thanks
  • 2009h2009h Member Posts: 7
    Anyone got good quote on a 2009 CR-V EX-L w navigation in Cleveland area"? Will the price be lower if wait until after August?

Thanks.
    Re EXL w/ NAV ... currently you should be able to make a deal 11%-12% off from MSRP
  • crvnewbie1crvnewbie1 Member Posts: 2
    I called 7 dealerships in the Utah/Southern Idaho area and quotes ranged from 25,512 - 25,820 (inc destination) with $299 non negotiable document fees. TTL also not included. Thoughts? Should I try to negotiate the document fee if they claim that all the dealers charge it and that they have to collect it? Thanks!
  • mvs1mvs1 Member Posts: 462
    We have that same $299 doc fee here in CT. This has actually lead me to a neighboring state, NY where it's $55.

Point being, tell them they can charge their $299 fee, and simply reduce the car's selling price by $250, for example. Allowing a dealer $50-60 to fill out papers and make copies is enough profit.
  • dofferdoffer Member Posts: 16
    As a point of reference, in Sacramento, California, I purchased a 2009 CRV earlier this year and the dealer charged a $55 document fee. I agree with a previous post by MVS1 that $299 seems excessive for what little they have to do to "process" the invoice and other minor paperwork. In this market, anything is negotiable and I would start by decreasing the non-negotiable document fee to a reasonable level ($55) for starters.
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    We have that same $299 doc fee here in CT. This has actually lead me to a neighboring state, NY where it's $55.

Point being, tell them they can charge their $299 fee, and simply reduce the car's selling price by $250, for example. Allowing a dealer $50-60 to fill out papers and make copies is enough profit.

I am pretty sure the CT doc fee is $175 or so charged by the state. Everything else is dealer gravy.
    How did you make out? Did you end up purchasing from the Rt. 22 dealership and, if so, what was your out the door price?

$24.5 - $25k out the door still seems highly impossible for the AWD EXL, when most dealerships in NJ are about $3k higher for OTD. Was it too good to be true or did you score an amazing deal? :D
  • sc75188sc75188 Member Posts: 12
    I ended up test driving a toyota rav4 and loved it better then the CRV. My father got the wrong model he got a quote for 24.5 out the door for the EX my husband got $26.8 for the child tray in the back and all weather mats for the ex-l which is still a good price but i"m sold on the toyota......
    Thanks for the clarification! I'm glad it worked out for you in the end. :D
  • tigerantigeran Member Posts: 1
    I want to buy 2009 Honda CR-V 4wd LX. The dealer gave me the price quote $21060 including destination in PA not including TTL. Is this a good deal?
  • katylin1katylin1 Member Posts: 18
    I'm sure there's probably answer to this somewhere...but I'm gonna ask anyway :-)
    I received several quotes on the 2009 CRV, but it one of the dealer said that he couldn't quote me with the options (he called it "accessories") I wanted. He said that later someone would talk to me about the options' cost and labor fee. So my question is: When I select the options like on HOnda's website, the price listed excludes labor cost to install the options??

So when I ask for quotes to get the best deal include the options or not? I'm confuse! I'm tired of going into the dealership to ask questions, Honda sales are very aggressive...too much that if it weren't for the car I wouldn't even buy from them!

I'm curious -- Is the price quoted only good for the cars in their inventory? Or does it also apply to orders (I'm also looking for a different model in case HOnda pans out). Thanks anyone!
  • spgegg2spgegg2 Member Posts: 1
    I currently have a price quote of $26,219 for an '09 4wd EX-L w/Nav (not including destination, tax, and tags). Does this sound like a good deal?
    Anyone give me an idea if quote of $24,500 + TTL a good price? There's no options on this one, but I did get another for $26363 + TTL w/tailgate spoiler, fog lights, Hood deflector (Honda website runs about $800). I'm thinking it's alittle high the second quote, and it might be because of the options plus the labor. But I'm thinking maybe this person I know can do the add-on accessories cheaper, and just go for the $24,500. What do y'all think?

Thanks!
    you can get discount price by ordering Honda parts and accessories from
    http://www.bernardiparts.com/

you can check for installation price by calling different honda dealers near you. Bring the accessories to the cheapest offer.
    Thanks for the input, bigdadi118. You're quite right. As a matter of fact I'm checking to see if this person I know can do the accessories for me since he's a mechanic and there are instruction/videos available for him to see. So I was just wondering though -- do you think the $24500 quote is good? TrueCar.com had it at $24,309 while Edmunds had it at $24,939 (all invoice price). According to TrueCar.com the actual dealer's price is $23,918. Of course no numbers are un-negotiable...but it would be nice to say "wow" I got a great deal...you know :blush:
    katyline1

I like the deal price at $24,100 for exl awd (inclusive of dest charge)
  • hikirtihikirti Member Posts: 2
    Thanks guys for helping me out!! This forum was a big help. I picked up AWD EX at 25000(OTD) in bay area. Probably could have done a couple hundreds better but I am with happy to get my CRV finally. :)