Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• firstcar35firstcar35 Member Posts: 4
    I am from Lisle, IL and the tax was 7%. The initial quotes without the TTL , doc fee were as follows 24967.11, 25080, 24653, 25137, 25108 respectively.
  • leto123leto123 Member Posts: 28
    Looks like you got some pretty good quotes. Do you have a trade-in? Be careful that they don't rip you off there or by convincing you to buy a way overpriced warranty. I would always recommend negotiating on price and/or extras such as all-weather floor mats. I'm in Chicago and am also looking to buy a CRV EX-L in the next few days. Can you please share which dealership gave you the best bid? Thanks!
    Thank you for the advice. As of now, the best bids were from Honda of Joliet (HOJ) and Brilliance Honda of Crystal lake(BH) and Brian Bemis Honda(BB), Sycamore. HOJ quoted 24967 and BH quoted 24653 and BB quoted for 25080. I asked HOJ about that and they claim people are reportedly ending up paying more for accessories like pro-pack, which they claim to have already on and is "something which everyone wants on their vehicle". I am not sure if I will need the Pro-Pack, which I assume is a combination of Wheel Locks, cargo area mat and splash guards. I would appreciate if you can advice me on that.
    And, I have no Trade-in.
    Thanks for the info! You shouldn't let them charge you for any addons you don't want because they are WAY overpriced. You can always get those addons later on websites like www.cheaphondaparts.com or even from the dealership service department (you can call the service dept of a few dealerships and say you just bought a new car to get some estimates). I'm going to contact some dealerships tomorrow. I will post what I learn here.
  • AJ34474AJ34474 Member Posts: 14
    Buy your accessories online they are MUCH less expensive.
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    There are a couple Honda dealers selling very good discount pricing on parts and accessories online

Majestic Honda, RI

Bernadi Honda, MA
  • sug2sug2 Member Posts: 2
    I'm considering purchasing a CRV EX-L. 2 WD. I have a car that qualifies as a clunker; however, the trade-in value is about the same as the clunker $.Can you purchase a car using internet dealers and trade-in a car (or use the clunker program)? Do you save money by going through an internet service? What should I pay for a CRV EX-L? Thanks.
    Quick update - I'm getting the same bids as you, with Brilliance Honda of Crystal Lake having the lowest having the lowest price of $24,653 for the EX-L 4WD.
  • vgalmontevgalmonte Member Posts: 9
    I just got a quote of 25,242 for a 4WD EX-L 22,177 For a EX and $315 a month for a 36 month lease 12k per month and $2000 down. I also had a quote of 26,118 for a ex-l with nav. These offers sound good to me I might stop by and mention that I'm looking to get rid of my current lease (07 Taco) I'm midway through my lease and am at a $21,074 payoff, but truck is worth between 20-24k what do you guys think?
    another dealer just emailed me EX 4WD $21,944.14 EX-L 4WD $24,258.01 and 352.67 a month lease on ex-l and $26,589.59 on a ex-l with nav. Nav is a great feature but do you guys think its worth it? Does the regular ex have blue tooth or no?
  • tragicallyjamtragicallyjam Member Posts: 3
    I've just really started searching in the Buffalo NY area tonight (Laks and Lia) for the CR-V EX AWD and the 2 quotes I got were 24,000 and 23,500. Where did you get the lowest from if you don't mind me asking?
    where are you located that your are getting a quote of $21,944 on the CRV EX AWD? That is amazing! I'll try to aim that low if you are close to Western NY.
    I am in Northern Jersey the quotes I got were from DCH Honda and Paul MIller so we are not that far apart.
  • peter76peter76 Member Posts: 6
    Before buying a new CR-V, please be awared A/C system of CR-V may have a designing issue and the compressor may explod or lock up right after 3 years warrenty or 50,000 miles. It will cost you $3,000 to $4,500 to fix it. Then, it may fail again in a few years!
    Does the reported price (EX-L 4WD $24,258.01) include the $710 destination charge? If so, that's a great deal. In general I've found that many email quotes don't include the destination charge, so they look fantastic at first glance and then look less so once you add it in.
    BTW, none of the CRVs come with Bluetooth - even the EX-L w/ Nav.
    Thanks allot guys well this is my last pitch just sent this to like 5 or 6 dealers. What do you guys think? What apr have you guys been getting by the way?

Alright I decided that I'd like to go with the EX-L AWD CRV in Blue Pearl with grey leather and no additional options. I was just wondering does your quote include the destination charge? The best Internet quote that I received was $23,940.00 and $315 a month for a 36x12 lease with a $2,000 down on this SUV. Are you able to beat these prices at all? What is your total out the door price on this CRV? And what APR are you able to give me on a 60 or 72 month loan, and are you able to give me a monthly payment amount on Tier one credit? I am motivated to take the CRV home by Friday this week if something can be worked out which we can all be happy about.

Thank You, Virgilio Almonte Jr.
    I haven't looked into financing much, but I would recommend getting a quote from your bank and a few other places so you have something to compare to the dealership's offer. It puts you in a better negotiating position.
    You don't have advantage if the trade-in price is same as clunker's, but there is advantage of $100 dealer to you by scrapping your clunker comparing the trade-in.
    Buy the Honda Care Extended Warranty ...
  • sr146260211sr146260211 Member Posts: 55
    "Before buying a new CR-V, please be awared A/C system of CR-V may have a designing issue and the compressor may explod or lock up right after 3 years warrenty or 50,000 miles. It will cost you $3,000 to $4,500 to fix it. Then, it may fail again in a few years!"
    ------------------------------------------------

Those issues are on the 2002 thru 2004 models and maybe on the 2005 model as well, not the current models if one reads up on the air compressor problems on this forum
  • rissyskirissyski Member Posts: 1
    Received a quote for a CRV EX FWD for 21, 610.93 my OTD price not including tax is 21,887.43. Is this a good price for this? Also I want the all season mats, Cargo tray splash guards and remote engine starter, what would be a good price for these? I haven’t asked for these yet. I would like to pick up the car on Friday.
    Thanks
    You may have a tax advantage with a trade-in that the "Clunker" option does not offer.
  • kw_dakw_da Member Posts: 76
    I know, bad to reply to your own posting, but can't edit now.

I just found out that they charged sales tax incorrectly on my purchase - hopefully they'll fix it with in a week or so. Dealer is currently reviewing policy. For California, dealers are suppose to deduct the "cash for clunkers" then charge sales tax. See CA Board of Equalization Special Notice

Good to know this before going to the dealer. :)

David
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    I've just really started searching in the Buffalo NY area tonight (Laks and Lia) for the CR-V EX AWD and the 2 quotes I got were 24,000 and 23,500. Where did you get the lowest from if you don't mind me asking?

There is also West Herr Honda in Lockport, and Don Davis in Amherst as well.

You can go as wide as Erie, PA and Rochester, NY, to get more dealers involved.
    General question - if you're paying cash for a car can you pay with a normal check or do you need a cashier's check? Thanks.
    Yes, a dealer will accept a personal check. However, they will not process the title until the check clears. Most dealers will accept almost any form of payment that is in $USD. I paid for my last new vehicle with a MasterCard because I wanted the 1% cash back that my bank offers. The dealer wasn't to happy paying the 3% service charge. The dealer told me that he once had a guy who bought a vehicle with USPS Money Orders.
    Don Davis emailed me a quote of 23,188 for the CR-V EX AWD cloth seats, and waiting for an email from West Herr Lockport yet and just started to contact Erie Pa and then I'll check out Rochester, NY
    Dealer will allow you to use credit card up to a limit around 3,000
    They won't let you charge CC for the whole car price, except you bought it in MSRP.
    Hey I just got an out the door quote of $27,278.27 for a CRV EX-L 4wd what do you think
    update I almost purchased the CRV today but thank god I didnt base 4*4 rav-4 is on sale this month 2199 down 199 a month its hidious but cant beat 199! thanks allot to all of you guys.
  • laurilalaurila Member Posts: 18
    2009 HONDA CR-V LX AUTOMATIC MSRP: $ 21,995
    HONDADIRECT SPECIAL PRICE: $ 17,998 (# X704191)

just received above email from local honda dealer
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    That sounds like a great price, what dealership is offering that price?
    Closed the deal today on a 2009 CRV EX-L 4WD (Royal Blue Pearl w/ black leather) with all-season floor mats (~$100-125 online w/ shipping) for $24,500 (includes destination). I negotiated the deal with the internet sales dealer at Carr's Honda in Chicago.

OTD:
    $24,500 Car w/ all-season floor mats (includes $710 destination charge)
    $1,972 Tax
    $144 Title/License
    $15 Cook County Flat Fee
    Total OTD = $26,781
  • nich08nich08 Member Posts: 1
    Leto123,

I'm in Chicago and looking into the same car (but prefer silver). That seems right in the ballpark of the best quotes I've gotten so far from area dealers.

How was your experience at Carr's? Any additional advice? I haven't gotten a quote from them yet... Did you negotiate down from the first quote the internet sales manager gave you, and if so, how did that go? My best initial quotes are still sitting about $300-400 above the prices you list, but I haven't started pitting the quotes against each other yet.

It'd be great to hear your response, and congrats on what seems like a very good deal.
    I had a great buying experience at Carr's. I'm thrilled with the price and the service at the dealership. Their internet quote was $24,500 (he called me and later confirmed via email). When I was able to get another dealership (Rosen in Gurnee) to match the price I used that leverage to get the floor mats. I talked with many dealerships in the area and they were not willing to match Carr's (they all thought that Carr's was going to add on extra fees at signing or that they hadn't included the destination charge). Once I finalized the deal on the phone I went to the dealership about 30 minutes later and signed the paperwork and picked up the car. I paid cash and didn't have a trade-in, so if you are financing or have a trade-in you should talk to them about that after you agree on a price because that can greatly affect the attractiveness of the deal.

One note, I did my test drive at Carr's and it's the closest dealership to where I live, so they know that I will likely bring my car in for dealer service there. Also, I did quite a bit of research (and conveyed that to them) and made it clear I was buying immediately. Best of luck and let me know how it goes!
  • sug2sug2 Member Posts: 2
    Sounds like a great price. What do you think a 2009 CRV EX-L 2wd should go for? Also, what is the difference in the driving experience between a 2 wd and 4 wd? Where I live, I really don't need 4wd for snow, off road travel, etc. Thanks
    The invoice of the FWD is $1,113 less than the invoice of the 4WD. Subtracting $1,113 from my final price is $23,387, so I'd consider something close that a great price. Prices are regional, so you could get a better or worse deal depending. I recommend reading through the form to see what kind of prices people are getting in cities near you.
  • subbu1subbu1 Member Posts: 4
    I am looking out to purchase a CRV EX FWD and the best quote i received was for $22,804 (OTD price) from a local dealer. The sale price is 21,784 (includes shipping) and the OTD price includes VA sales tax ($662) and ttl ($60) and processing fee($299)..Is this a good deal and can i ask the dealer to include the accessories for free?? Appreciate if anyone with similar experiences can post your comments..
  • kw_dakw_da Member Posts: 76
    That's a great price if it is really true. Probably doesn't include destination & I'd be careful of additional fees. That's about $2000 under invoice if it includes destination.

David
  • 1stbmw1stbmw Member Posts: 8
    What is Honda Direct Offer? Never heard of this one before.
    Any idea when is August pricing coming out?
    alamocity

apparently all south florida dealers are offering this via something called "honda direct"

the actual offer came via email from Brickell Honda Motors, Miami but all dealers match the price

don't know at the moment if they add some backend "fee" ie. "destination charge" to attempt to disguise the true price so I would not pay more than
    17998 + 1080 sales tax + 500 fees,title,tag, 19,500-19,600 OTD
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    That is a very good deal, here in San Antonio the best I've seen offered is $19,300. Not familiar with Honda Direct, sounds like it may be a special incentive of some sort, hopefully it's not like some of the bait and switch ads I've seen locally that advertise a really low price only to find out that final price was no where near what they advertised.
    The $710 destination charge is a legitimate fee; it just might not be included in the advertised offer. If you ask the dealership, they will tell you whether the advertised price includes the destination charge.
    Just picked up new 2009 Honda CR-V LX for 20,228 OTD (that includes everything, tax, title, tag, destination, fees, prep, etc.etc.etc.)

Many choices in colors available, picked Black on Black

Potamkin Honda of Miami
    David,

Destination charge, Dealer Prep, Sales Tax, Title and Tag fee included. Picked up yesterday a 2009 CR-V LX for OTD $20,228.00 at Potamkin Honda in Miami, FL
    Can you please provide us a break up of the price paid i.e. Cost, sale tax, tag and title fee, etc.

Thanks!
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    update I almost purchased the CRV today but thank god I didnt base 4*4 rav-4 is on sale this month 2199 down 199 a month its hidious but cant beat 199! thanks allot to all of you guys.

Were you able to purchase it at that price?

What is the length of the lease?

What is the mileage allowance?

Most likely this particular one "just sold" as you walked into the doors. :-)