Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Are those prices for the 2WD or AWD models? I know on the 2WD LX model before the C4C program $19,300-$19,500 was do able but prices have risen and inventory has dwindled so unless you need to purchase now I'd hold off for a bit.
  • dgrebdgreb Member Posts: 65
    2WD.

I'm going to check the costco and amex programs too. I'd rather buy sooner rather than later, but I agree, it's best to wait. I think September will be a dire month, so if you can wait till the end, I think a good deal can be had.

Got 19800+ttl from amex. Not sure if destination is included.
  • pikapptcupikapptcu Member Posts: 7
    Just purchased a new '09 CRV-EXL Navi. I am able to fit two mountain bikes in the back w/seats down, but would rather have them outside due to the cleanliness of the bikes. Does anyone have a recommendation for the rooftop rack or a rack on the back? Also, is there a good source besides the dealership for bikes racks on the CRV?
  • tom5314tom5314 Member Posts: 20
    Hi all,
    I'm in the market for the EXL with 2WD (Houston, TX), I know the MSRP is 26K+dest+ttc, can anyone give me the best suggestion of what is the price range for negociating? thx.
  • deaddogbeardeaddogbear Member Posts: 1
    How much was the price of your new EXL Navi?
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    www.autoanything.com
    free shipping
  • prsiiprsii Member Posts: 15
    North Carolina

Price - $24,287 (w/ mudguards)
    Tax - $729
    Tag fee - $88
    Doc fee - $399

OTD - $25,503.
    Thanks for your infos...
  • pikapptcupikapptcu Member Posts: 7
    09 CRV EXL w/NAVI 4WD, $27,600 (includes dest & fees), purchased at Castle Honda in Chicago.
  • hp2009hp2009 Member Posts: 65
    just got last hs ....2009 Blue/Grey EX 2WD CRV with tint, splash guards for $22,200 plus fee's earnhard honda phx..no trade in.....

thanks
    hp
    hp2009, so what is the OTD cost for it?
    25725.(7.8% tax and 1100 around for 100000 honda warranty,),,,0 down 4.49% rate

thanks
    hp
    Thanks,
    So I guess the negociate price at this time is about 7% to 9% off the MSPR sticker (correct me if I'm wrong). It seems to be... low espeically the model is about a year old.
    hi,
    we had tried all over this area but chepest price was 22,200 which is almost 10-11% down than msrp,,,,24,505 plus tint,spash guard...no body wants to give single item free since they got good business with cash for chunk......i wanted to wait for low apr but crv never had low apr so we decided to go with this .....make sure dealer has $500 rebate(no body will give unless u ask for it).......if lower apr come then people donot get $500 in price.....

i even tried for 2010 crv deposit but most dealer wants 1500-2000 higher than 2009 model which is too much for us as no model change but light ,bumper change donot worth that much
    thanks
    hp
  • harrynormharrynorm Member Posts: 1
    Georgia

24,500 out the door (including all dealer addons mud guards and what not)
    opted for a vehicle tracking system (+750)

final price 25250.
  • chuckfromlichuckfromli Member Posts: 249
    Of course the low power will be more noticeable with a full load.

If you live in a hilly area and freqently carry people/luggage, go with a V6 Escape or RAV4.
    I checked the BJs and the Amex sites. Prices were good, around Edmunds TMV, but the closests dealers were like 25-30 miles from me. This was consistent across all brands, Toyota, Honda, Ford.

Maybe 25-30 miles isn't bad if you're out in the country. I guess it's to be expected there, but I would have to go to another state and/or pass 4 or 5 dealers to get to the participating dealer.

It doesn't work for me. I want the closest, second closest, or maybe third closest dealer. Fifteen miles tops, under ten is preferable.
    We went to the dealer yesterday (9/2/09) and after about an hour with test drive and negociating, their offer is $27,200 OTD (TX tax is 6.25%). They said that is included the 500 Honda rebate and they're only made $200 over the invoice. I don't get it! They're even don't know how you can get the $25,503 OTD in NC. Well, the bottom line, we left without the CRV!
    Our CRV shopping will continous...
    Below invoice are
    Honda rebate to dealer 500
    Dealer hold back MSRP x 2%, will be 3% if in dealer lot more than 90 days.
    Other Honda possible incentive program (on and off), like stair-step incentive to dealer to encourage meet sales quota.
    Profit on selling lease / car loan, trade-in, extended warranty, lo-jack, remote starter accessories.
    Wow, this is really a valuable infos to keep. This is what they don't want us to know about...
    Thanks.
  • briankalitabriankalita Member Posts: 1
    I just paid $26,175 + ttl in Marysville, OH.
    Forgot one more : doc / admin fee ... range from 100 to 599 depending on states allow
    Another trick I just found out from Honda dealer:
    While the sale rep. showed me his monitor screen, the OTD calc. using excel sheets, (CR-V LX 2WD) then walked away to talk to his boss, I took a picture of the screen using my cell phone. Later, I realized they're cheated a small potion on the percentage sections. I prefer not to post the picture due to their privacy policy, but here is what their calc:
    TX sale tax:
    $21,053 x 6.25% = $1,347.00 (Should be $1,315.81).
    Inventory Tax:
    $21053 x 0.1837% = $39.59 (Should be $38.67)

Buyers beware, bring your own calculator next time to check their math!
    (No, we didnt buy that CR-V)
    hi,guys

i brought my 09 crv sep 1st with 4.49 apr o down(36 months) from honda but us bank ....gives 3.29 o down for 36months as this crv meets criteria for green vehicle.....even they are giving this rate for used,new , refinance but has one time fee $125.......just keep this one in mind....

thanks
    hp
  • cjosephsoncjosephson Member Posts: 24
    Just curious, I pulled my paperwork from the CRV-EX-L W/O NAVI to compare.

Final Neg Price: $23,940
    Dealer Fees: $399.00
    Tax: $507 (trade-in helped)
    Lic transfer: $67.50
    Total: $24,914.23

MSRP Sticker showed $26,715.00

I also got two free oil change certificates and free tinting on all windows. I think I could have done better or worst?
    so $23,940 with trade in or without trade in....

thanks
    hp
  • luvjoviluvjovi Member Posts: 2
    What is a good price to pay for a Brand New 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L?
    MSRP 26755.00
    w/PKG 27532.00
    Cost 25716.13
    Invoice 24939.13

Out the door price that was givin to me by my local dealership was 25800.00
    24655.13 sale price
    16.50 title
    499.5 doc fee
    628.87 tax

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    Just curious, I pulled my paperwork from the CRV-EX-L W/O NAVI to compare.

Final Neg Price: $23,940
    Dealer Fees: $399.00
    Tax: $507 (trade-in helped)
    Lic transfer: $67.50
    Total: $24,914.23

MSRP Sticker showed $26,715.00

I also got two free oil change certificates and free tinting on all windows. I think I could have done better or worst?

Assuming 8% sales tax where you live then your trade in was valued at about $17,600.

$23940 (8%) = $1915 sales tax due

$1915- $507 = $1408 in sales taxes not paid due to trade.

$1408/8% = $17,602 trade-in allowance.

Was your trade really worth $17,602?

EX and EX-L comes with tint on all but the front windows. So, in reality, they only tinted the two front windows, and Honda tinted the rest.
  • luvjoviluvjovi Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for your reply.. This helps me alot.
  • victor_yuvictor_yu Member Posts: 2
    I am going to buy a 2008 or 2009 CR-V EXL w/o Navigation, and what is the best price for it? Best price i mean with tax and everything? THank you :)
    I've got to start looking soon for an AWD EXL. Want to buy in about 3 weeks. Anyone have any recent pricing for the NY area?
  • netak1netak1 Member Posts: 21
    I stopped in a dealership in central NJ and all they had was 5 CRVs on the lot. Salesman claimed that was it on the 2009s and pretty much informed me since the low inventory they wouldn't really budge on price much. Said they got alot of business from the clunkers program. I'll probably wait till the 2010s come out.
  • victor_yuvictor_yu Member Posts: 2
    I am planning to buy a 2009 2WD EX-L CR-V w/o navigation in 2 weeks in Riverside, California.
    Could Anybody please tells what's the barging price?
    Anyone bought a EX-L lately?
    Thank you :)
  • 2009h2009h Member Posts: 7
    If a dealership runs out of 2009 CR-V, can they still order any from factory at this time?

I read somewhere that the dealer cost is not the same as the invoice price, such as listed on Edmunds. Is there any way to find out how much it actually is?

Anyone bought a 2009 CR-V ex-l 4wd w/navigation lately? How much did you pay (sales price+ttl or OTD)?

Thanks.
    Yu - if you are buying used then you can check the price out at
    edmunds, www.kbb.com, and nadaguide.com
    add-on from trade-in price.
  • tleetlee Member Posts: 44
    I bought my new CR-V yesterday and was surprised to see the $99 document fee. In the past, the doc fee in Texas was capped at $50 by law. According to the sales rep, starting from 9/1/09 it's no longer the case. The dealer can charge whatever they want. Since the doc fee is pure dealer profit (yes, dealers would not agree with me on this but isn't preparing documents part of the costs of doing business like paying for utilities?), I threatened to walk out if they don't reduce the doc fee. Eventually they reduced the price of the car by $49 but kept the doc fee at $99 because it's a company policy to charge $99 doc fee. So, for folks in TX, you need to pay attention to the doc fee when purchase a car next time. Don't assume it's $50.
    If a dealership runs out of 2009 CR-V, can they still order any from factory at this time?

Honda usually stops current year production in July. Then retools for the new year and starts new model year production in August. New model year vehicles are usually get to the dealer's lots by the middle of September.

If the same holds for the CR-V, then no dealer will be able to order one form the factory, however, they can possibly trade with another dealer who has one and is willing to trade.
  • tleetlee Member Posts: 44
    September is supposed to be a good month for car shopping. The dealers are eager to clear their inventory while the selections are good. But not this year. Thanks to the C4C program, the dealers don't have many 2009 models left and are not eager to negotiate. I only managed to get my CR-V for $24,651+$99 doc fee+TTL. It's $288 below Edmunds' invoice but $212 above if the $500 incentive is taken into account. I suppose it's an OK deal since it's below Edmunds' TMV ($25,084 for my area) and below the average price paid ($25,036) on truecar.com. By the way, it's a cash deal and no trade. You might be able to get a better price with a loan and/or trade in.
  • jikjik Member Posts: 144
    leto123
    can you send me agents name at jk_send@yahoo.com
    I totally agreed. Unless you need a car now, I would wait until Xmas time for a better negociating. Your $24,651 quote is not very far off from what they gave me ($24,500-$24,900) If you read this threat back in April or May, you will see someone bought it in the low $23K's (2009EXL no navi).
  • motoguy128motoguy128 Member Posts: 146
    Keep in mind, the 2010 model does appear to have a higher compression ratio and better rear headrests. It's not clear if the higher compression ratio will result in more peak horsepower, or was only done to improve fuel economy or possibly ot standardize to the same cylinder head the Accord LX uses. But even with the same head as the Accord, the timing and intake manifold can still be changed to provide better bottom end and midrange at hte expense of top end. But it still saves them money by having to make 1 less cylinder head.

I would suspect slightly higher peak HP, but no significant change in the bottom end and midrange. SO driveability would not change significantly. Only bumping the displacement to 2.5 or 2.7L or lowering the final drive ratio would really help in that department.

Either way, it might be worth waiting.
  • fossil4fossil4 Member Posts: 1
    I am planning on buying a CR-V EX-L w/o Nav.
    I spoke to a salesperson at Coral Springs Honda who wanted $6K down and 400.00 per month for lease and 7.8K down and 400.00 per month to buy.
    I thought the guy must think I am an idiot so I left.
    Anyone recently purchased a car like this one in this area and how much did you pay?
    Thanks
  • tvfan13tvfan13 Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased a 2009 CR-V EXL w/o Navi for 26,800 out the door (tax, tag transfer, etc included). Actually it came to 25,800 since they gave me $1000 for my trade in. Also had them include mud flaps and spoiler in the same price. Got clobbered on the extended warranty so I'm going back tomorrow to cancel it and shop around for something better. I started by requesting internet quotes from various dealers (Lake Worth Braman, Delray Honday, Ed Morse Honda). Even took a drive down to Braman Honda in Miami. Color selection was very limited, ended up with the Glacier Blue but was looking for the Black with Tan interior.

Good luck with your buy.
    I am planning on buying a CR-V EX-L w/o Nav.
    I spoke to a salesperson at Coral Springs Honda who wanted $6K down and 400.00 per month for lease and 7.8K down and 400.00 per month to buy.
    I thought the guy must think I am an idiot so I left.
    Anyone recently purchased a car like this one in this area and how much did you pay?
    Thanks

Read the car buying articles!!!!

You never talk monthly payments. Vehicle price is what you negotiate.

The downpayment and monthly payments will depend on your credit. FICO in the mid 700's and debt to income ratio of less than 25% can yeid very low interest rate, even in this economy. Past credit problems will result in higher downpayment, higher interest rates, and higher monthly payments. Run a credit report to see what you have on there.

$7800 down and $400/month for 36 months is a really good deal on a 2009 CR-V EX-L. $400x36=$14,400+$7800=$22,200!!!!!

Since you did not provide any information about the vehicle trim or configuration, or the terms of the lease or contract it is difficult to say whether you are getting a good deal or not.

Good luck!
    I don't think he mentioned the length of the loan. I was thinking 400 x 48=19,200 plus the 7800 down equals 27K. That would seem to be a dealers asking price.

Of course it could be a five year loan. In which case the guy is right.
  • peterpan3peterpan3 Member Posts: 7
    AWD or FWD?
  • sandra4453sandra4453 Member Posts: 10
    Just bought a CR-V EX black/black. Very comfortable and the sunroof is great. Also love all the conveniences of the cruise control and audio on the steering wheel. Paid $19,898 cash, they gave me $3,500 for my car (2001 Camery w/44,500 miles...this is where I screwed up...should have sold privately and feel regretful that I got lazy but on the bright side, there were a lot of things that needed fixing and wanted out from it) so with trade-in, $23,398 is what I essentially paid for it. Dealer came down on price a few times, telling me that they stretched the trade in value closer to $4,000 (which is what CarMax offered). Who knows?

Buyers remorse because there's not enough room when I pull the car into the garage and open the back door to the car. The hood and garage door (which is on runners) collide with each other....have to very slowly raise the hood and place a towel between the hood and top of door.....that sucks!!! The car has less than 400 miles and I've already placed a 'for-sale' in some classifieds. Now looking for a RAV4 with a back door that swings open from the side.

I did all my homework and never even thought that the trunk would be an issue. I thought I had it completely covered and knew exactly what I was doing....not!

Depressed......... :sick:
  • bpbpbpbpbpbpbpbp Member Posts: 1
    Hi, just got quote from a dealer in NJ--2009 CRV AWD LX for $21600+TTC, good deal or not?thx!
    Hi, 2009 crv lx .....toomuch....i just got ex.in az ....with tint,spashguard,door edge...22200 (dealer told me 22500) and for lx price has to be not more then 20500.....everything in it....i hope this help......keep atleast $2000 gap between lx,ex,ex-l

thanks
    hp
  • vrmvrm Member Posts: 310
    Bad deal.

The dealer is making you eat the 2009 depreciation on this vehicle.
    The 2010 model year has started. I would just wait until next month and buy the 2010 CRV.