Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sachitsachit Member Posts: 3
    It looks like a great deal considering were you live. Two weeks back I bought a 03 AT Lx CRV with dealer installed keyless entry and security system for 19,550 not including tax and tag. I bought it in Columbus,OH.
  • auto2003auto2003 Member Posts: 4
    Hi folks
    This is my first posting into this site. I am looking for a 2003 Honda CR-V EX in Detroit Metro area. Can someone help me out with dealer/contact person name and the price please. Thanks in advance.
  • pbuckpbuck Member Posts: 5
    Did your price $22,060 include freight? That seems like a great price. I talked to someone who got an EX with A/T at Sport Honda in the Auto Park for $21,400, probably w/o freight. I've been getting internet quotes, but the lowest I've received is $22,160 (incl. freight), which seems a little high.
  • nittanylion2nittanylion2 Member Posts: 1
    This is my first post but I have been reading this board for a long time and find it very helpful. I'm helping my mom look now and she really likes the size of the Highlander but not the price. After test driving TrailBlazer, Envoy, Escape, and Explorer (with rebates there are great deals) my mom thinks she wants the CRV. She needs it pretty soon because her car is on its last leg. Not sure if her car will make it if we order a CRV and wait for delivery.

Went to 2 dealers who said we can order and wait for delivery in March. Then found Keenan Honda who has several available. They offered 22500 for EX Auto plus taxes and tags if we take delivery by EOM or 22000 if we order and wait.

Has anyone else been shopping in Philly that has found a better deal on an available EX? Does this price seem really high?
  • ileongileong Member Posts: 5
    Hello;

I just purchased a 2003 crv ex with auto, forrest
    green. Purchase price before destination/tax/license was 21,400
    with destination/tax/license came to 23,904

Purchased from Los Gatos Honda via their internet/fleet manager.

The one I purchased just came off the truck.
  • fuzzy71fuzzy71 Member Posts: 8
    If your a costco member call there auto program. it's a free service and they'll contact a dealer close to you and the dealer will get in touch with you. I did this in New york and the price I was given was $21,851 crv ex automatic + tax and dmv charge($65.00 to switch plates from my old car). I then went to another dealer and told them the price I got. They told me the best they could do was $22,000. but with that price they told me they would include the side cladding and cargo cover that I wanted. The other place wanted to charge me $900.00 for the cladding and cargo cover. I believe BJ'S also has an auto program.
    If your not a costco member just find someone who is and use their info to find the price. you can do this on there web site also.
    Hope this helps. Good luck
  • nano317nano317 Member Posts: 7
    Can you tell me the dealer in the NYC where you got your deal from? thank you.
  • icvciicvci Member Posts: 1,031
    2003 EX AUTOMATIC

Paid - $22620 - including side cladding, front mud guards and cargo cover.
  • dft7dft7 Member Posts: 3
    In the DC/Balt region....around 22,000...is a decent price considering MSRP is 22,850....you may be able to leverage a better deal if you are prepared to write a check on the spot...get a letter of credit from your lender....I would shoot for $21,700.....I bought for 22K...here in the DC area with wheel locks...cargo cover (which is actually pretty nice)and mud guards...the inventory is healthy for CRVs more so than Odyssey...I have a 2003 CRV-EX...Auto....Chianti Red

A question however...for 03 owners...what are you getting for gas mileage? Either I'm not calculating it correctly or I'm getting some autrocious mileage....about 15 mpg....can someone help me calculate correctly or if someone else has low gas mileage let me know?

Also...6 speakers for the EX?....I only count 4....where are the other 2?
    nano317, Bay ridge honda gave me the costco price of 21,851. they told me and showed me the paper work that it would be $700 over invoice, this also includes delivery charge.(I don't believe all dealers are affiliated with costco so you might want to check that out). The sales person also said he would throw in door edge guards. I believe all of the crv's come with this so I don' think he was really giving me anything. I went to plaza auto mall (also in Brooklyn) with that price and asked if they could beat it. they told me $22,000 was the best they could do. I asked about the side cladding and cargo cover and they gave me a price of $200 for each=$22,400. this is a great price for the cladding but you can get the cargo cover a little cheaper, for about $140.00 +shipping on-line. I planned on buying it on a friday but my dealer called me on wednesday and said he would take off $400 if I came in that day so that's how I got it for $22,000. I was also surprised when I picked it up that door edge guards, wheel locks, front mud flaps,cargo net and moonroof visor were all included. I'm not sure if eveyone gets these or if it was just from plaza auto mall but they were not listed on the sticker. I hope this covered everything. If you need any more info just ask. I'm not sure if I could give out my sales persons name but if you want it let me know and I'll give it to you. he was excellent. Good luck
  • zinc6824zinc6824 Member Posts: 9
    HI there,

Best place to shop online www.mycarmyprice.com
    Initial cost $9.95, if car is bought through site you will be charged $39.95.

Check it out.

Other useful web site to check Dealer Invoice and Base price.

http://www.car-prices-costs.com/2003-Honda-CR-V.html

Try to purchase car at or below dealer cost.

Hope this helps.

Z
  • nano317nano317 Member Posts: 7
    funny I was going to Bay Ridge on this coming sunday. and I might go to Plaza Auto Mall depending on price. It will be great if you can ask the salesperson to give me his/her name and number. Me and my friend are both interested in the same exact deal you got. Thank you very much for all the info.
  • mratlmratl Member Posts: 13
    I thought I was getting good deal on pure internet bidding with local dealers. My best cost was 18,510 before tax and 19,851 total. Then I looked at http://www.car-prices-costs.com/2003-Honda-CR-V.html
    Am I still getting good deal? I was going to buy it tomorrow.
    Nano317, Plaza auto mall is only about 15 minutes from bay ridge honda so I would check out both of them. I only delt with one guy at bay ridge and I can't even remember his name now. try to see what kind of price you can get and if it's not that good mention the costco auto program. I liked plaza auto mall better than bay ridge and my sales persons name was Anthony P. he usually works on Sunday. I believe his day off is Tues. good luck
  • jmolinskyjmolinsky Member Posts: 18
    #56: Yep, $22060 was the price with freight included (but not tax and tags as I said before). The service was great too and quite painless.

#62: Too late as it's already ours, but we're happy with the price as that's what matters. :) We had check in hand by the way, but we ended up going with American Honda for financing as they offered up 5% for 60 months (had another loan offer as low as 4.75, but that required auto-debit which I don't like).

Also, I installed the accessories I bought from handaaccessories.com this past weekend and enjoyed the several hundred dollar cost savings over getting them through the dealer. We got the roof rack, cargo cover, cargo tray, front mud flaps, and touch up paint.

As for the speakers, the two tweeters are on the top of the dash in the extreme right and left corners under the windshield.
  • dft7dft7 Member Posts: 3
    What are folks getting for gas mileage for the 03 EX?.....mine is really bad.....about 12 miles/gallon...without the AC on?
  • kanthnkanthn Member Posts: 4
    Just bought a CRV EX 4WD Automatic. Paid $22,880 out the door price with options: Running boards (a different type of side steps), roof rack and wheel locks. The sales tax is 3%. The color is Silver. Was thinking of buying Blue or Green, but they seemed to be getting dirty quite easily. Even the dealer seemed to have problem in keeping them clean! That's the problem with dark colors, isn't it?

Thinking of buying the Tow Hitch from hondaaccessories.com. Did any one install the tow hitch by them selves? The instructions say it can not be installed by do-it-yourselfers. Then what's the point in buying it from hondaaccessories.com? How about U-haul? Did any one get the tow hitch installed from U-haul?
  • pbuckpbuck Member Posts: 5
    I just returned from battle at Rosenthal Honda in Tyson's Corner VA. I got a green CR-V EX Auto for $21,551 + $299 processing fee + tax/tags/title. I took the info from the Costco members on this board and, as a Costco affiliate, they had to match the $21,851 Costco price. Because they insisted on adding in the $299 fee, I got them to lower the price by $300 to $21551. They paid no more than app. $20.5K, so they made a lot of money and I think I did okay. They even "threw in" the wheel locks, the mud guards and pinstriping (they were already on the car, so they couldn't remove them when I told them I wasn't interested in those items.. Get this: their sticker price for the pinstripe and mudguards is $749. That's a $690 pinstripe, and I can tell you that it's not that good a pinstripe. The window sticker also included a $1995 markup fee that they generously waived.

FYI - they have app. 18 CR-Vs listed on their website. With the kind of sales experience I had, I can see why they're still there.
  • digbynydigbyny Member Posts: 9
    I am looking to get a price on a CRV EX with some accessories (i.e. fog lights, body side cladding, cargo cover, etc.). When you got your price from Costco, was it just for the base CRV or did you mention the accessories you wanted? Did you then get actual paperwork to show the auto dealership the price quote you received from Costco or was it a verbal quote? Also, can you tell me the location of Plaza Auto mall? They sound like a good dealership to go through.

Thanks for your help.
    digbyny, go back and read posts 48,51,59,63 and 67 that I wrote. this should answer all of your questions but if you have any more questions just contact me.when you use the costco auto program cocostcoontacts a dealer(in my case they contacted bay ridge honda, I'm not sure if all dealerships are affiliated wiwithostco) and the dealer contacts you. this was just for the base price. accessories where not included. when i Isked about asseccories they told me accessories were marked up 25% over the actual cost which I found on www.honda.com Plaza auto mall is located at 2740 nostrand ave in brooklyn. if your going there, contact anthony P. he's was my dealer.
  • johnnymurphjohnnymurph Member Posts: 35
    My price - $22,860.00, which includes freight, Appearance Package(pin stripes, edge guards, fender well guards and mud guards. Total cost - taxes @ 5% and $125.00 tags. - $24,128.00 What do ya think?
  • icdchessicdchess Member Posts: 83
    I was offered list price on a CR-V Ex $22,860. He said he had to get the car from another dealer, but he said he could offer me 0% financing through the dealer for up to 60 months.

Obviously, he is giving something with one hand and taking it away with another, but it seems like it is a savings of at least $1800 over 5 years (not counting the cost of money) compared to 4 3/4% interest.

We'd put $10,000 down and finance $14,803 (that's $22,860 for the car and $1943 for 8 1/2% sales tax (I'm in New York)).

Am I missing something?
    Steve
  • bmorisettebmorisette Member Posts: 21
    I just gone done bantering with Honda Village in Newton, MA and the lowest I could get them is $21,980 for Red EX w/auto. This is the price for the car + dest. charge only. Anyone else who has been looking around the Boston area lately? Please comment.

Thanks,
    Barney
  • bmorisettebmorisette Member Posts: 21
    Well I couldn't hold out. I went back to Honda Village tonight. They had a Red one in stock and I didn't want to see it go since I want this to be a Valentine's Day Present. I ended up with a final price of $22,456 for the Car, Dest. Charge, Fog Lights, Cargo Cover, & Cargo Net. Only other Fees were Tax, $74 for plates, and a $149 Document Fee. I'm still interested to hear how other MA buyers have fared.

Thanks,
    Barney
  • tbtwintbtwin Member Posts: 1
    This was very hard to locate because I wouldn't budge on color or 5-speed. My best price was $20,700 (destination included)through a dealer in BJ's program but only for in stock red or silver. They wouldn't try to locate black at that price. Honda Village emailed MSRP of $22,060 but said it was negotiable. They would have to locate the black though. HV is in the best location for me so I decided to go in last Saturday and try to make a deal. They were surprised at the quotes I had gotten, but I had copies of emails to let them know it wasn't made up. We agreed on $20,800 including destination, front mud guards, wheel locks. My deadline was end of February but they found it quickly here in in MA and had it 4 days later so I picked it up last night. Additional fees were transfer plate $65, documentation $149, and of course MA tax. Happy with price and dealer treatment. Good luck with yours Barney, hope the V-Day gift was appreciated!
  • 03crvlx2wd03crvlx2wd Member Posts: 2
    Just got it today. Thanks for all the tips.

Got a silver 2003 CRV LX 2WD
    Automatic (no side airbags)

Sequence of events
    0. Did a test drive of the CRV

And also got pre-approved financing from credit union.

1. Looked at prices here
    http://www.car-prices-costs.com/2003-Honda-CR-V.html

MSRP 18,900
    Invoice 17,463
    Freight 460
    Holdback 567

Basecost = Invoice + Freight - Holdback = 17,356

Base cost:LX without side airbag is 17,356.00
    TMV price was $18371

Base cost:LX WITH side air was 17,579.50
    TMV price was 18,676

Also checked prices of this model on the discussion groups.

2. Opened a new email account.
    Contacted several dealers in the San Francisco Bay Area using email.

Told them in the email:
    a) I was ready to buy and had pre-approved financing.
    b) I originally wanted LX with side airbags.
    Listed the Invoice, Freight, holdback and Base cost of 17,579.50
    So I wrote that I wanted LX with aibags for price of $18,000 plus tax/license
    c) I have already test driven CRV.

3. Got email responses back from a handful of dealers.

Went to google.com to find all honda dealers websites (about 30-50 mile radius)

Checked out websites. Some dealers listed the inventory of CRV's on their websites too.

4. Lowest prices I got via email for LX with side airbags was 18,400.
    Another dealer said they would beat price by $100 so it was 18,300

5. Got to dealership close to home.
    Told them:
    - I was ready to buy.
    - I had test driven the CRV
    - Wanted a specific color.
    - I wanted to be in and out quick. No games or shenanigans.
    - I was pre-approved and ready to buy the car.
    - I had price quote from 2 other dealers that was close to my original offer of 18,000. Can they work with me? I was ready to buy today.

So the dealer checked for availability of LX with sideair.
    NO STOCK in dealer and other dealers closeby- it seems the LX 2WD with side airbags is very rare.

The other choice was LX 2wd without airbags. I said since I got prices for airbag LX is 18,400 and 18,300. My offer for LX WITHOUT sideairbags is 18,200. And I wanted the silver.

They came back with counter offer of close to 18,500. I said no deal. Since I could get the LX with side air for 18,400 ( I found a dealer with this rare model but not the color I wanted). Told them I would have to leave for lunch and think about it.

They asked if I would meet in between 18200 and 18500. Will I go for 18350? I told them I would have to leave for lunch and think about it.

Not wanting to lose me. They then agreed to 18,200. LX 2wd without side airbags.

6. I asked for a printout of price of 18,200 plus tax plus license.
    So I could review the OUT the DOOR price.
    (I did not want and FUNNY fees and games like that)
    I got a printout listing all of it.
    Looked over all fees and agreed to go ahead with the deal. Almost there...

7. Dealer located a silver LX and had to get it from another dealer.

8. NEXT. Went to deal with financing and options DEPT.
    I was pre-approved with credit union already.
    Dealer did a credit check and FICO score.
    The dealer matched the financing offer from the credit union. (so very IMPT to get financing first. for leverage.)

9. Only option I wanted to purchase was the alarm. So I got that.

10. Looked over and verified the financing
    Price, amt financed, monthly payment.

I told them I did NOT want to sign the papers until I got to test drive the ACTUAL car.

11. Test drove the car to make sure I did not get a lemon. Plus I heard of people with CRVs with noisy thunks, and steering that was pulling to the right???!

12. Finished the freeway test drive satisfied with the ACTUAL car I am getting.

13. Signed papers. and Got the keys to the CRV!!!!

TMV price $18,371
    My price $18,200
    for a 2003 CRV LX 2WD without side airbags. (Plus tax and license, and plus alarm of course)

Good luck to all in your shopping to all!!!

Lessons:
    Be patient. Be firm with your price. Research the exact price and color and options you want. Get your financing pre-approved. BE READY to WALK AWAY. Treat each other with respect. Get things in writing. Use an email account (to get things in writing, and so you don't have to field phone calls)
  • cutedeedlecutedeedle Member Posts: 2
    I picked up my CR-V EX AWD at Vista Honda in Ventura, CA on 2/13/03. I sent dealer quote requests via Edmunds.com to two local dealers in my area. One was cheaper than the other. I printed out the cheaper quote when I was ready to buy and took it to the dealer closest to home, asked if they would meet that price. They said yes. I got stuck with a roof rack that I didn't want but it's bolted on. The CR-V price, which included roof rack ($235) and destination fee ($460), was $22,145, plus tax ($1608.78), license ($187), CA tire fee ($5), and doc prep fee ($45). That totals $23,990.78. Then subtract the $500 they graciously gave me for my poor old, tired, thrashed, and worthless 1989 Volvo, which brings the grand total, out the door, to $23,490.78. Whew! Yeah, it's worth it. I love my Honda. I had a 2001 Ford Escape 6 cyl. but this is generally a much nicer car. (No, nothing was wrong with the Escape, I just gave it to my daughter.)
  • kittygirlkittygirl Member Posts: 6
    What great validation I just felt reading the post above about the Silver 03 CRV Lx 2wd purchased in the San Francisco area. I also wanted the side airbags but was unable to find one with them. I guess they are a very rare bird. In any case I did similar research and got multiple bids online and I too got mine for 18,200!!!! That seemed to be as low as they would go. I'm very happy with the deal. I am having the alarm system installed this weekend and am thinking about getting the wheel locks and the privacy panel to hide the contents in the back. In any case, Edmunds was a very useful tool for me. I wish you guys luck and you will love the CRV!!! :o)
  • hondacrv2hondacrv2 Member Posts: 1
    Just got my Honda CRV EX: it has running light, splash guards, alloy wheel, 6 disc cd, keyless entry, sun roof, etc. Dealer put in the running lights and front splash guards. The rest is standard for EX.

Price paid:
    21500 (this includes everything, such as all the features mentioned above, it also includes feight of $460, and things like dealer preparation) Additional amount I paid was only the tax, title and license. Also got finance at 4% for 5 years.

What do you think?
  • theracoontheracoon Member Posts: 666
    Just got my Honda CRV EX: it has running light, splash guards, alloy wheel, 6 disc cd, keyless entry, sun roof, etc. Dealer put in the running lights and front splash guards. The rest is standard for EX.

The alloy wheels, 6 disc cd, keyless entry, and sunroof are all standard on the US model EX. Not sure what you mean by running lights. The splash guard are a must-have accessory, I've got them on my '99 EX.

Looks like you got a decent price, too. Enjoy your new CR-V.

:)
  • nycajunnycajun Member Posts: 3
    Have owned bigger SUV's in the past. Currently driving a 2000 Toyota Tundra 4WD and a 1998 Honda Accord EX. The Accord is the 3rd Honda I have owned. Was interested in a AWD (4WD) for the long winters in upstate NY. The Accord is a great family sedan in which I have enjoyed 5 years and 71,000 miles of trouble free driving, but the Accord has trouble getting up my 300' long, slightly sloped driveway even with the slightest coating of snow. Decided to keep the Tundra (great 4WD vehicle) but wanted to add a second 4WD. I will not trade the Accord. I will keep it for my daughter which will be driving soon.
         Checked out the Toyota RAV4 and was immediately turned off by the lack of power and the pricey cost not to mention its 8 inches smaller in overall length compared to the CRV. Test drove a CRV with 8 inches of snow on the road and it drove beautifully and climbed my sloped driveway without hesitation. One MAJOR PROBLEM with the CRV is that the dealers are in the drivers seat with the pricing They know they have a hot seller in huge demand. The dealer I visited had only one to test drive with no inventory. Other dealers also had little or no inventories of the CRV. They have been playing hardball with the price and initially only gave me $600 off of the MSRP. I had two dealers fighting it out for my business.
         The price quote for the 2003 CRV EX 5sp was as follows:
    Note- The price below reflect the total sale price including these accesories:
         Body side cladding
         Front grill and trim kit
         Rear air deflector
         Running boards
         Splash guards/flaps
         Moon roof visor
         Cargo mat/tray
         Hard spare tire cover

Total sale price including destination charge: $22,900
         After doing some research I believe this is a good price. I tried real hard for a price of $22,500 but they simply refused and wouldn't budge from the $22,900 price.
         Vehicle had to be ordered and expected delivery is April '03. Put a deposit down and locked in the price.
         Any comments? Feel free to post them.

J-
  • ss_gordanss_gordan Member Posts: 2
    Thanks to #80 for the story. I am having an offer from Houston Honda for 18,150.00 for the same model. What was the APR that Honda gave you? And how much are your monthly installments ? THANKS
  • clownpuncher24clownpuncher24 Member Posts: 3
    2002 Nighthawk Black Pearl Honda CRV RT4WD w/ no options 19,800 + 460 w/ 2 free oil changes. Getting the options online.

The Clownpuncher
  • 03crvlx2wd03crvlx2wd Member Posts: 2
    Hi #86

I first got pre-approval from a credit union. They gave me 4.25% on a 60 month new car loan from Patelco.org

When I talked to the Honda financing. They saw I had a really good FICO score. And they matched it with a 4.24% for a 60 month new car loan. Loan ended up with Bank of America.

Highly recommend getting pre-approved from credit union before shopping for a car. Otherwise the dealer finance department will screw around with you and play games like "You can only get this special finance rate if you buy this undercoating for $1000". Or other sneaky games like this. BUYER BEWARE..

SO get approval and you have the best preparation.

Good luck to all!
  • peteriovanpeteriovan Member Posts: 1
    March 7th, 2003 - San Francisco Bay Area
    4 weeks of waiting for the car (stick shift, colour)
    No extras,
    $20,314 - including destination charge
  • neoscrvneoscrv Member Posts: 5
    2003 CRV EX Automatic trans. The option packages offered by Honda are making the competition look twice. Most options that are standard on the EX model are singled out and manipulated at the haggeling desk at other dealers, i.e. ABS brakes, 4wd, side impact airbags, Fancy wheels, moon roof, etc. Honda has a great marketing tool here and it works. Mine came with side steps, roof rack and mud flaps. (Would've done without had it not been for insisting on a particular color) Total price before taxes...$22300.00. Just try to find a green one. Took me 12 dealers!
  • tellantellan Member Posts: 6
    Thanks pbuck for the story #71.
    Just picked up silver one from Rosenthal Honda in Tyson's Corner VA couple days ago. $21,600
    +$299 processing+Tax. $22622.22 out of door.
    The best deal from my local dealer was $22,360+
    $149 processing. Saved $650(~$100 for the trip).
    Very nice dealership. Just ask for e-quote.
  • msomahamsomaha Member Posts: 3
    We just closed our deal tonight here in Omaha, Nebraska. We got the following:

CR-V EX, 4-wheel drive and 4-speed automatic, Mojave Mist exterior, with all the EX trim standards (6-CD/cassette/am/fm stereo with tweeters; moon roof; front and side airbags, power locks and windows, etc.) plus we got the optional cargo area cover and the optional front splash guards.

We paid $21,814, and that included the $460 destination charge and labor/installation on the options. MSRP on the sticker was $22,860 and invoice price was $20,692 for base version with no options. The Edmunds.com TMV for this vehicle with no options is $21,912. So, we got a pretty good deal, particularly considering we have options on this car.

BTW, we chose not to trade in our old car (a Mercury), so our price is without trade-in.

We're headed to one of the Web accessory sites to pick up wheel locks, cargo tray, cargo net and maybe all-season floor mats.

We purchased our car at Honda Cars of Bellevue in Bellevue, Nebraska. They gave us 4.4% financing for 60 months, which was much lower than all the local bank rates and just a half point higher than the premium rates from the Internet and national lenders, which had all sorts of strings attached to them.

Regards,
    Carol
  • mcmoychukmcmoychuk Member Posts: 1
    I paid $22,149 and got delivery in two weeks at Greenwich Honda in CT. Tax and license were extra. I think I could have done better, but got tired of haggling. The lowest "special" internet pricing I could get from anyone was 22,350. If I had to do it over again I would e-mail my price of $21,700 to all the Honda dealers in the area, with follow-up calls ready to close a deal the last week of the month. Financing was good at 3.5%.
  • nccrvnccrv Member Posts: 1
    Purchased 03/15 at Crown Honda in North Carolina. 23,100 including taxes, tags and destination fee. Also included installation of options: roof rack, sun roof visor, mud flaps and cargo map. Some what flexible dealer in North Carolina. Color was VERY hard to find...until after I bought it. 1 Week delivery time.
  • wchen5wchen5 Member Posts: 2
    I got my CRV EX automatic at GA. I have options of clear coating protection, front mud guard, visor and roof rack. I paid 21,700 plus $349 document fee, $70 for CT tittle and 6% CT tax. Looks like a good deal. I will drive it back to CT as a gift for my wife. She told me the price is about $22,500 for EX and not including those options at dealers around my CT home town. And she needs to wait for the next delivery to get her ideal model. There is no CRV in the dealer's lot. In contrary, the dealer I bought from at GA has about 25 CRV in their parking lot right now. I should have stuck to my initial offer of $21,500. I bet I can get it at that price or even lower based on my observation of their slow business at here. Most of buyers are probably stayed home watching bombing Iraq. Well, may be you can find one at here and drive it back to north and still save a few $$.
  • mdgcrvmdgcrv Member Posts: 1
    Purchased my LX 2WD Blue on March 25th, in Marietta, GA (Atlanta). "Drive out" price was $19600, which included 6% sales tax, destination, and all dealer fees. Options were: Roof Rack, Mud Guards, Cargo Tray, Wheel Locks, and Interior/Exterior protection package. I had them remove the pinstripes. I recieved the price by emailing out my initial price quote recieved through the Edmunds site, to a few dealers in my area. Very pleased, though had to get the blue LX shipped in from a dealer south of the city. CHECK that tire pressure.......mine was at 44psi even though the sales person said they take care of that. (they did'nt....the ride is now much smoother at the correct pressure)
  • carltaocarltao Member Posts: 7
    3/23/2003 Los Angeles
    Got my '03 CR-V EX automatic (Mojave Mist Metallic) from Norm Reeves Honda West Covina location. I worked with the Fleet Manager. Price is $21151 (including destination charge) + $49 (wheel locks) + $100 (splash guards) + $45 (document fee) + $1760.96 (tax) + $183 (license fee) + $5 (ca tire fee) = $23293.96 (out the door price)

Good luck!
  • icq8899icq8899 Member Posts: 1
    I'm planning a used car(02 CR-V) which is not necessary but want to use as an alternative one(I got a 03 accord Ex v6 already).so that mean I can hold untill end of thid year,any suggestion if I should buy now or wait to December?Also Any dealer information close to
    State college,PA 16801
    thanks first!
  • mcgrudersmcgruders Member Posts: 1
    Hey folks I think I just got a Darn good Deal yesturday 22,200 out the door, and that includes mud "phlapsss" My tax was over 600.00 and tags were about 65.00 bucks meaning 700.00 total tax and tags, So I figure my price was 21,500 for the CRV including their "proccesing Fee" (watchout for that one) I told them right out Im not paying that "Pad on" at first they tried like heck to get me to pay close to sticker price but they knew in the end some profit is better than None, I did alot of research on here and learned alot from you my fellow buyers watch their hold backs, they might settle on $100.00 over invoice knowing they have a hold back comming from the dealer. Hold your ground, let them know you have contacted other dealers and might be interested in other makes, give them an out the door offer, so they can't add other "fees" on to your cost, play it cool and don't look too eager to buy, You must find their total Cost and offer a few hundred over that so they can make a little too. Just watch the add on garbage so they can't pad their profit, this is a great site for info! and saved me money.
  • red2003red2003 Member Posts: 1
    I was interested in receiving more info on your buying experience in Omaha. Did you also go to O'Daniel's on Dodge Street? What about Superior Honda in CB? Thanks
  • laptevlaptev Member Posts: 18
    I think you are going to get a better deal down South than up North. We had the 3rd highest snowfall in recorded history in Upstate New York this year. So many people (myself included) decided we wanted a 4x4 vehicle. And I think because of the high gas prices, the CRV looks much better than the 6 cyl. Jeeps, Escapes, etc.

So when I decided on a CRV and started shopping around, only 1 of the 7 dealerships in my area would even talk about taking less than MSRP. In fact, when I used the on-line companies to get a quote, the dealers didn't even bother to give me a price! But of course the dealership that was willing to take $600 off MSRP was lowballing my trade. Can anyone say price-fixing?!

I finally bit the bullet and bought my silver EX in mid-March 03 with mudflaps, wheellocks, and 2 oil changes thrown in for free for 22,130 + tax, title, etc.

Although I think my dealership made too much on this deal, after crunching the numbers in Excel, I still paid $1900 less than the best deal I could get on the Mazda Tribute (plan B) even with $1500 in dealer cash they were going to give me straight up.

A bigger discount would have been nice but after 900 miles on the vehicle - I am extremely pleased with it and I think it is worth every penny. (I also got to use my ABS and 4x4 in this weekend's outrageous ice storm). I'll also mention my mother has a 99 CRV and the 02/03 version is a significant improvement.
  • thehitcherthehitcher Member Posts: 56
    Bought a new CRV for my wife. Total price was 25 grand and could have been a lot less if I had not opted for the warranty and etching. Well, this is my first Honda after owning/still owning Toyota trucks and cars. Wife wanted the warranty and would have went without.
  • jms13jms13 Member Posts: 2
    Paid 21,300 plus tax, license, & doc fee. $22838.49 out the door (Chicago area). Includes free first oil change and 10 free car washes. I feel pretty good about the deal.
  • hawaiiguyhawaiiguy Member Posts: 11
    $23,461.00 out the door from Honda Windward (Hawaii) for the EX model.

Offered $22,200/no freight charges ($460) plus all the additional taxes/license/documentation.

I saved $200 under the MSRP price and $460 on the freight charges. Big demand locally, so wasn't expecting much in terms of discounts.

They included free: splash guards, rim wheel locks, cargo tray and door/wheel wells trim.

They and the Tony Honda dealership are above average dealers in terms of customer satisfaction---do not go to Pflueger Honda (Honolulu).