Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• elravselravs Member Posts: 2
    The price 20600 - does include the destination fee.
  • evp40evp40 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking for the exact same thing EXL AWD, non-Navi in SF Bay Area. We got an offer for 26,220 + TTL. Took it to several other dealers and they wouldn't match. Maybe try Avery Green in Vallejo as they were willing to match, but they're slow to return calls.
  • evp40evp40 Member Posts: 2
    I was shopping for an EX-L, but Avery Greene in Vallejo sent me a 2WD LX price of 20,542 + TTL. Marin Honda gave me 20710 + TTL.
  • katylin1katylin1 Member Posts: 18
    Well, after making sure I had a good lunch and was well rested I went in at about 1:30 and after 5 hours (mostly because I'm a nervous beaver :P ) I finally walked out with a 2010 EX-L w/o Nav Glacier Blue. OTD was $27200 w/tint, pinstripe, cargo tray, splash guard, edge guard (didn't really want that but oh well), and that roof deflector thingy. Of course, everything I had to keep saying no that they wanted to add on, boy they sure try to make it sound really good too!!!

Overall, the price is about average going rate... trying to get a better deal will be like squeezing blood from a turnip ;) and boy it was getting really tiresome!! I got my car from David McDavid of Irving and I was pleasantly surprise by the lack of strong arm tactics. They were very pleasant and of course try to sell me the usual crap, but hey everybody needs to make $$ somewhere :P

Now all I need is someone who lives around the DFW area who can give me advice on how to get the accessories I want on my CRV without paying the $100/hr labor charge. Phew.. now that is extremely expensive!

Thanks for all those who provided helpful advice. I am extremely grateful for the responses.
  • hmmurdockhmmurdock Member Posts: 5
    Contacted a number of dealers yesterday. Best price I came away with was $25,744 + $329 conveyance + TTL.
  • carbuyer98101carbuyer98101 Member Posts: 2
    Hello

I am a first time buyer for a new car. Thinking of a Honda CRV LX 4wd AT. I have a bank loan

Can you all share your experiences and what price I should be looking at? I got one quote for 25, 500, which I think is too much for a base/standard CRV specially in this market.

What shoudl I be paying including WA taxes which is around 10%

Here is the price the dealer is quoting

Invoice is 22, 000
    mark up 500
    Title fee 200
    Document fee 150
    taxes 2,300

Total comes to around 25,000

Any advice would be great, thanks
  • katylin1katylin1 Member Posts: 18
    I just got my new 2010 CRV EX-L. Love it!!

Anyway, when I heard how much the dealership wanted to charge for installation of the accessories, I about passed out! I know this is not the forum for it but if anyone here has some info pls email me instead...

So I'm trying to look for other ways to get it install but by someone with accessory installation experiences. I don't know exactly how to look for one. So if anyone is reading this that lives in the DFW, Texas area knows of anyone OR how do I look it up in the yellow pages or what are they listed as???

Thanks for any help.
  • carguy75carguy75 Member Posts: 6
    looking for prices paid on crv exl with navi in chicago/midwest market. best quote i received so far is... $27066/$27776 with destination + tax and title. anyone out there doing better?
  • tntblazertntblazer Member Posts: 8
    I just did the same with a sunroof visor, splash guards, and Honda pinstripes for $27,900 in AL. Prices should be the same in Chicago I would think.
  • lablover2lablover2 Member Posts: 115
    got an online price of $21,685 plus title,tax, license-chicago area-is this a decent deal?
  • tracik3tracik3 Member Posts: 1
    We got our first Honda today! We got a 2009 CRV EXL with navigation, it had 62 miles on it. Paid $26250, with out tax title and license. Buying experience was ok. It took hours though! UGH!!!
  • gbcacgbcac Member Posts: 7
    I brought a CR-V LX FWD today for 20,488 +TTL
    Dealer offered Honda Extended Warranty 8 yrs/100000 miles for $1490.00 and I brought it as it can be cancelled within 2 months ..
    Is it worth buying the warranty ?
  • carbuyer98101carbuyer98101 Member Posts: 2
    ?
  • mvs1mvs1 Member Posts: 462
    I bought the same warranty for I believe $1130. So there should be a $480 savings for you on this over the web.

There are several Honda dealers selling these online. Try collegehillshonda.com They don't publish the price any longer due to dealer complaints call the number to get it. I've purchased two Hondacare warranties from them.

They also have decent pricing for accessories and they have the PDF installation guides for those DIY
  • 0910carshopper0910carshopper Member Posts: 2
    Can I ask where you got this offer? I'm in Mpls and the best I can do ona exl awd is 26816 +TTL without nav.
  • suehansuehan Member Posts: 12
    I'm looking for a CR-V LX 2WD Auto in Dallas/TX area. Any idea what kind of drive-out price I should be looking at, i.e. including destination charge and TT&L?

Is 2009 a better deal than 2010 model?

Thanks!
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    For a 2010 LX and no additional accessories I'd say $22,166 would be a good starting point for an OTD price for TX and that's figuring a price of $20,646 for the vehicle, $1,290.36 sales tax, $127.05 DMV fees, $50.00 Document fee, and $52.50 Texas Inventory Tax. Should be able to get a 2009 for less than that.
    Thanks so much! If you have a specific dealer in the Dallas area in mind for this price, please let me know ASAP. I may still be able to get this done by month-end. Thanks again!
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Unfortunately I live in San Antonio so can't help with the name of a dealer in the DFW area.
    regardless, thank you so much! because the price and the detailed breakdown you gave me is going to really help me negotiate and know whether i did well in this deal after all that i had to go through. thanks again!!
  • fasttexfasttex Member Posts: 24
    Vandergriif in Arlington has 2010 LX CR-V's at invoice and they now add very few dealer installed options to cars. Always got to Internet/Fleet dept for best pricing.
  • ohconsumerohconsumer Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2010 CR-V for $700 over the dealer's actual cost, which is lower than the invoice.

For $14, I purchased Consumer Reports New and Used car price service. This report showed that the dealer gets a $456 Hold Back from the manufacturer which lowers their real cost $456 below the publicly disclosed Invoice cost. The price service also informs you of dealer incentives that may lower his cost.

Get the Car Price Service and negotiating tips at www.consumerreports.org

The best tip is to be informed and negotiate from the dealer's cost up to a price that he will accept. A dealer that is hungry may accept less than $700 over cost.

I had good luck, I am pleased and the dealer is happy. I paid $1,400 less than MSRP.
    Good Luck!
  • immanuelsimmanuels Member Posts: 3
    The lowest quote i received for a 2010 CRV EX-L AWD is 26,200 (including destination charge, pin striping and mud guards). What is your opinion about this price? Can i go ahead and take this offer?
    Thanks so much for your tip!

I got a $21,789 for OTD price today but decided not to take it. I went w/ my gut feeling. I felt it was still $1000-1500 above what I'm willing to pay. I'll either wait until next month to see if there's a better deal or just buy a different kind of car. I had a lot of bad experience with these dealerships in the past week. I feel just to save that $10,000, it doesn't seem really worth the hassle and the headache any more. If I can get to the price point you got, I may still consider it. Otherwise, adieu! I just don't have the time for the kind of nonsense they sell.
    I have the consumer report bottom-line pricing (as the other person mentioned). The bottom-line prices for EX-L are:
    - $25,961 w/out Navi
    - $27,776 w/ Navi

Hope it helps.
  • mpd2mpd2 Member Posts: 12
    Can anyone here provide me with the 'true' dealer cost for a 2010 CRV LX 4-WD? thanks!
  • immanuelsimmanuels Member Posts: 3
    Thanks so much for the price info, suehan.

I got the lowest quote from a neighboring state dealer. Is it advisable to buy a car from out of state? What is the difference between buying a car in-state and out-of-state?

Thanks in advance.
    Just yesterday my neighbor told me his friend got a BMW w/ $8K less in Arkansas. Personally, I would not drive that far to pick up a car. What if the dealer change the deal after you get there unless you don't mind the drive?
    The truth is, no one knows what the true cost is for dealers (except dealers themselves). The numbers I provided earlier from CR pricing report factor in known dealer holdback and/or any other known rebate or incentives. However, the bottom line is, there are always room to negotiate even below the CR bottom line.
  • toomerboomertoomerboomer Member Posts: 3
    Hella fellas,

Got my '09 CRV EX 2WD for $21687 in Chicago. No dealer added options. I know its not good deal maybe fair. But want to know how bad is that deal?

Appreciate your input and hope the number helps others.

thanks!
  • godeacsgodeacs Member Posts: 481
    I think you mean LX, not EX! If not, than you got an unbelievable deal!!! According to truecar.com.....
  • mgl1234mgl1234 Member Posts: 2
    I got a quote of 24,900 OTD for 2010 honda crv ex with dealer options of tint glass and mud splash.

pls let me know if this is good price. ?
  • mgl1234mgl1234 Member Posts: 2
    I got a quote of 24,900 OTD for 2010 honda crv ex with dealer options of tint glass and mud splash.

pls let me know if this is good price. ?
  • terryatpaceterryatpace Member Posts: 1
    Anyone care to comment on whether this is a good deal (2010 CR-V LX 4WD offer of $21400) or not? Assuming other charges of taxes, etc.
  • toomerboomertoomerboomer Member Posts: 3
    No, it is EX. You make me feel good, but I still believe I could have shaved couple of hundred easily if not my stupidity during negotiations. He gave me peice of paper with 21900, I gave him back the number 21400, and thats what he came up with. We agreed at that number did not push further. I was told I shold have given him number as 21000 instead of 21400.

Considering price difference between 09 and 10 its 1000. Ffrom quotes I got it was clear. But during negotiations I missed that fact and lost on couple of hundred which is not big deal.

Another thing I missed during negotiations was including my taxes in loan. Once the deal was confirmed the dealer said they cannot do that because they dont do that for Milwaukee. I should have hold out, anyway what the heck.
  • mbclkmbclk Member Posts: 6
    what city and dealer? can you let as know..in So-Cal the lowest quote $25,500 otd
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter is looking to speak to a consumer who purchased on Honda because of its strong resale value (or ability to hold on to its value). Please send your daytime phone number and the car you purchased to ctalati@edmunds.com by Wednesday, December 2, 2009.

Thanks,
    Chintan
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• v_2010v_2010 Member Posts: 3
    Please read previous post say in the month of Sept & Oct to get an estimate what others have paid for CRV to get an idea.

I got mine 2010 4WD EX for 23,900 + TTL in the last few days of October 09 in Detroit area

In EX glass is already tinted except the front. Are you getting 2wd or 4wd? Is it Leather ? Ask him to show invoice price of the car. Honda CRV are in demand. they may not reduce the price. Print out the TMV and show it to the dealer.

Try talking to other dealers as well. Get internet quotes.

Hope this helps. :shades:
  • v_2010v_2010 Member Posts: 3
    It appears to be a good deal. I know of a person who paid 21900 + TTL for 2010 - LX 4WD in detroit aread. so you are getting cheaper. :shades:
  • qinsong99qinsong99 Member Posts: 20
    We went to a dealer 50 miles away to get a white 2010 CRV EXL 4WD at a pre-agreed price of $26200 plus TTL, but the exact same car in that dealer's stock was sold to someone else when we got there. We ended in buying a white EXL 4WD with Navi for $27850 plus TTL. Financing is through Honda @ 1.9% for 36 months. Any thoughts?
  • kit7111kit7111 Member Posts: 1
    how was your experience with the honda dealer in glen burnie? did they honor the internet price quote? thanks.
  • rky2rky2 Member Posts: 1
    Paid $26,150.00 + $249.00(splash guards, cargo tray, all season floor mats) + TTL + $180.00 (Doc Fee). + Tax.

Model : 2010 CRV 4WD EXL.
  • docmddocmd Member Posts: 6
    Hi all,
    I got the 2010 Honda CRV TWD LX (base trim) with splash guards. All inclusive on the road price of 21,500. I thought this was quite a competitive quote and am very satisfied with the purchase.

DMD
  • gr26gr26 Member Posts: 12
    Sorry this is not specifically a CRV question. I see most people reference some figure for a "documentation fee," and it tends to vary quite a bit. Is this a fee the dealer pays to the state for filing documents (e.g., registration), or is it a fee that the dealer *keeps* (i.e., a mechanism to increase the price paid while making us think we got a better deal than we did)? If yes (to the second part), has anyone tried the "I will not pay the documentation fee" approach?

Thanks much...
  • hmmurdockhmmurdock Member Posts: 5
    Paid $26,073 + TTL this past weekend in CT.

Quote: $25,744
    Doc Fee: $329

This was the dealer's original offer which came in at least $300 better than any other quote I received. When I went into the showroom to purchase the sales guy was a little surprized by the number. Drives great.
  • robsuarezrobsuarez Member Posts: 1
    I've just received this quote for a New 2009 Honda CR-V 2WD 5dr Wgn LX AT
    MSRP: $21,915.00

Adj. Market Value: $21,915.00
    Discount: $1,827.39

Vehicle Price: $20,087.61
    DMV Fees: $506.50
    Tax: $1,255.65

Amount Due: $21,849.76

Do I take it? Or can I do better?
  • mvs1mvs1 Member Posts: 462
    This is an additional charge that is profit for the dealers.

Yes, I've stated I wont pay it, actually walked away from several deals due to the fee. I rarely see these 'new' fees since I get an agreement with everything itemized before stepping foot into a dealership. I have however had these sprung on me and simply state that if they want to list this fee that's fine, just reduce the selling price by an equal amount.

I live in CT where doc fees start at $299, but I'm very close to the NY border and have purchased by last 5-6 cars in NY stricly on pricing and low or no doc fees in NY contribute to that.

Best story I have with a doc fee, we had a deal for an 09' CRV, is this was added after I was given an itemized offer and went in to buy. I asked for it to be removed. The finance guy stated no. I said refund me my deposit and I'm done. He gets the Sales or General Manager as well as the sales person, This guy comes in and says it's a fee all customers pay...I asked to reduce the selling price of the vehicle by an equal amount. he stated he couldn't do that. I said, you run sales correct? His head nods. I reply, you can do anything you want. Ending this, he asked if I would walk away for $299 and I replied, would you let me walk over $299.....no sounds for about 30 seconds. GM puts his head down and says the price is the price...I say thanks, and refund my deposit and see you later.

We now have a 2010...I'm happy and got the deal I wanted
  • jojijoji Member Posts: 3
    Hey everyone, I got an offer of $26,800 with Honda installing an after-market Blue Tooth + TTL. The deal seems good to me but wanted your thoughts. Deal's in NY.
  • vasearchvasearch Member Posts: 1
    Just though I would share my search results. I have received 12 price quotes from N VA dealers the lowest being $27,160 plus 710 for shipping 99 for doc fees plus 299 appearance fee plus tax and tags for 4wd w/Nav. Range of the out the door prices was approximately $1,300 for lowest to highest price. I did receive several quotes which overstated the MSRP/Invoice and failed to disclose the appearance charge on the initial quote.
  • leonoahleonoah Member Posts: 11
    I am from tricity area in WA and I am planing to buy in Seattle or Portland.
    Can some one tell me what are good OTD considering my tax rate is 8.3%?
    If you can recommend some dealers you had experience with, I will use your name as referral.

2010 EX-AWD: 23777 quoted before TTL.
    2009 EX-AWD: 22777 quoted before TTL.

Are they good for internet quotes?
    Thanks a lot!