Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jdan71jdan71 Member Posts: 1
    My tax rate is 3.2%, is this a good deal? MSRP is 23505.
    thanks!
  • hokiebird2008hokiebird2008 Member Posts: 4
    Got offered 22700 + TTF. When all comes out equals about 24500 OTD. This is in VA/MD/DC area. Thoughts on if its a good deal or no?
  • horns07horns07 Member Posts: 4
    Just bought a 2010 CR-V EXL FWD w/o Navi on Sat with pinstripes and door edge guards. This is what we paid (we're in TX):
    Base price: $25,277
    Trade in: $2,200 (2001 GrandAM 2D GT)
    TTL: $1,738.39
    Total: $24,805.39

Probably not the best price out there but the trade in belongs to my sis' who's living out of country right now and we just wanted to get rid of the car.

Also got a quote from the dealer for 8yr/120k EW w/ $0 deductible for $1,625. Got the quote for the same package from Bernardi.com for $1,020. Question I have is Bernardi's package exactly the same as dealer's? Is this a good price?
  • nbdeucenbdeuce Member Posts: 22
    FWD = front wd or four wd?
    If four wheel drive you got a good deal!
    Sorry about confusion, should've gone w/ 2wd instead of front wheel drive. In TX, figure don't need the AWD lol
  • lokielokie Member Posts: 8
    I think that's a great deal. i m in the bay area and i get that same quote for the LX, not the EX. any one in the bay area got quotes for a LX AWD recently and would like to share? Thanks in advance.
  • hp2009hp2009 Member Posts: 65
    Hi,it is same warranty(honda care) ,i got online for $1020 for same coverage.....before nov09 and lot cheaper..got expensive from dealer so cancel that plan and got online for cheap price and got same paper work...good value when u want to sell car in future

thanks
    hp
    Thanks hp! I think we will go ahead and buy online too. If anything, that buys us peace of mind.
  • buddythedogbuddythedog Member Posts: 5
    Basic car..No upgrades

Is 24k before taxes an ok , good or great deal in your opinion. This is in the Northeast ..take delivery by year end.

thanks
  • lasvegasrphlasvegasrph Member Posts: 102
    Hello! We are looking at the same vehicle I think. A 2010 Honda CR-V EX-L (2wd) and the MSRP = $27,205. It is Royal Blue Pearl with Gray Leather.

It looks like you were able to buy it for $25,277 + TTL. Is that right? If so, I think you did REALLY good. That's $2,000 off MSRP. They might have done that because they gave you a low trade in for the 2001 Pontiac ($2,200).

I am hoping to get this 2010 EX-L (2wd) for $25,000 + TTL. Wish me luck!!!!
  • zambo2013zambo2013 Member Posts: 10
    Hokiebird2008-
    That's a very good price. Can you please tell me the dealer name where you got this offer. Thanks
  • nathanphamnathanpham Member Posts: 3
    I paid $25505 out the door (mi tax 6%)

The lowest internet i get is $23,474.00 (without the tax and document fees) I paid little more cuz that dealer is little bit away from my place.

Most dealer i went to willing to take $23800 very quick, so If you get time to deal, you properly could get it close to 23474.00 and save couple hundreds.
  • farbfarb Member Posts: 2
    I am getting Internet quotes of $27,161 for a 2010 CRV AWD EX-L w/navigation.

This appears to be $500 below invoice.

Any ideas on what the catch might be? Are they going to try to charge $1000 for "documentation fees" or "window etching" to make it up somewhere else???
  • dturrdturr Member Posts: 70
    $26,100 plus destination plus dealer fees and tax tags. Plus the 1.9% is that something to be considered. Not sure if the Nav is worth the extra, just wish it had a 115v outlet.
    Actually I got the $25,277 quote from a dealer in Houston and asked a closer dealer to match the price. I think because of that, they low balled the trade-in. We could've driven the car to Houston (200 miles away) and negotiate a lower price but just didn't want to deal w/ the hassle for $200-$300. So I think getting a base price close to $25,000 is definitely possible. Good luck to you!!
  • hokiebird2008hokiebird2008 Member Posts: 4
    Rosenthal Honda. They have a few locations but the one I was dealing with was in Fairfax, VA.
  • ski13ski13 Member Posts: 1
    I am also looking to buy a CRV 2WD in Atlanta. Would you recommond the dealer you purchased from? If so could you forward dealer name.
    Thanks
  • visavisa Member Posts: 1
    2010 CRV EX 2WD ( tint + mud guards + stripes + cargo cover + 7yr fabric & paint protection)
    OTD = $25,600 (tax rate = 6.25%)
  • vermonter2010vermonter2010 Member Posts: 3
    that's a very good price...i just paid 24800 (including remote start and fog lights, which costs ~1000) in VT..without the adds-on, it's still 1k more than what you're quoted
  • sunnyvmwsunnyvmw Member Posts: 1
    has anybody bought a 2010 CRV LX FWD in the bay area recently? what would be a fair OTD price without any dealer add-on option?
  • joyluck1joyluck1 Member Posts: 10
    Am in texas and interested to buy 2010 Ex 2 wD model .. Anyone bought recently and whats Out the door price ?

Looking to buy before year end sales
  • tjxtjx Member Posts: 32
    Heritage Honda, Parkville Md, just outside Baltimore. Refer to my post number 8757. No games but one heck of a savings!! I drove from Virginia Beach, Va to this dealer to save $1400 from the lowest price I could find in Southern Virginia, including Richmond and Fairfax Va. Just ask for the internet dealer. You will not be sorry.
  • nbdeucenbdeuce Member Posts: 22
    This was back in July my friend.....pre-clunker when CRV's were a plenty....$1400 lower than the next lowest is a ton...I'll give him a try and report back...merry xmas
  • dislabdislab Member Posts: 10
    I bought a 2010 CR-V LX 4WD, no options at OTD $2300 last week in NJ (7% tax). I believe there is $200-$500 to lower the price. Hope this helps.
  • baydrivebaydrive Member Posts: 48
    Wow! That is a great price! My out the door price was about $700 more. I bought 2 1/2 weeks ago and the best price I got for a 2010 LX 4WD was $21915 (published invoice price) before title and tax. Seems that most people on this forum manage to get prices below the published invoice price.

Good luck with your CR-V. I really like mine.
  • vreggievreggie Member Posts: 4
    I am being offered a Honda CRV 2009 EX-2WD quoted for $21800+tax (6.75%)+Doc+Tags. What do you guys think of this deal. The invoice price on this vehicle is $21864.
  • mpd2mpd2 Member Posts: 12
    All the dealers in the WA/OR are not budging on 2010 LX 4WD prices. They are telling me CRVs are rare, showing me the invoice price, and saying to make a profit, they can only sell $500 above. Some are still quoting MSRP.

I'm seeing people here bought theirs in the low $21k. Any thoughts on negotiating for a lower price? It's like all the dealers are conspiring together or something.
  • myfirstodysseymyfirstodyssey Member Posts: 14
    Hi,

I am looking to buy 2010 CRV AWD EX-L this saturday.

Can you give me the Sales person's name you are dealing with at Rosenthal Honda.

What should I offer if I add Leather to your quote.

ANy help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
  • lokielokie Member Posts: 8
    Mpd2, I agree with you. Although I am not in WA/OR, I feel the same in Nor Cal. I have also been quoted a couple of times $500 above invoice. the latest i have been quoted was $22,300 (before TTL). Since I don't really need the car immediately, I am not going to buy it unless I get below invoice or the max, at invoice. Good luck with your buying.
  • chang6chang6 Member Posts: 2
    I want to purchase a EX 2WD before the end of the year to earn some tax break. Can you share you experience? I am living in Sacramento, California
  • tsa1001tsa1001 Member Posts: 6
    Could you tell me which dealer was it, please? I am in a market for the same car. Thanks.
    I was being offered a 2009 CRV EX 2WD for 21800 + ttl in central ohio..is this a good deal?
  • prasadpprasadp Member Posts: 14
    Hi any one bought crv ExL AWD with out navi in philladelphia area recently? i want to buy one before the end of the year. I have one offer from a dealer for 26,655 plus tax and tags. Any suggestions will be highly appreciated. zip 19406 :)
  • doug77doug77 Member Posts: 7
    I'll try to update this when I get the sales contract in my hand but in Texas today I paid $22250 OTD (sales tax = 6.46% and misc fees not sure about). Another dealer later offered me $22000 OTD for the same but I was suspicious of this. Options = pin stripping and dark tinted windows. "True car" pricing was the closest to the real world pricing. Now to end of year is the BEST time to buy. Dealers do NOT have upper hand this week.
  • cvacva Member Posts: 3
    I am looking to buy a CRV EX-L 4WD , I have a price quote of $26,400, the MSRP for this vehicle is $28,455, does this seem like a good deal? (the $26,400 price does not incude taxes, tags or dealer processing charge of $289). I believe the dealer invoice for this car is $26,516, so price is about $116 under invoice.
    I am getting ready to buy one in the Richmond area, the best price I have so far is $26,400 plus taxes and tags
    Did you buy your EX-L AWD and if so, what did you end up having to pay for it, if you don't mind me asking.

I'm getting ready to buy one in the Richmond area.

Thanks
  • dislabdislab Member Posts: 10
    Planet Honda (admin: if the dealer name is not allowed here, please delete this post)
    I am going to buy today evening. IThe best quote so far is $25405 + TTL from Fairfax Honda. This is for a 2010 CRV EXl-L
  • joyluck1joyluck1 Member Posts: 10
    Are sure its is 2010 EX 2wd Model .. bcoz i checked with the dealer and it comes around 23500 for that mode

Thats good deal
  • ip1ip1 Member Posts: 1
    Any one have pricing information or experience on purchasing a fully loaded AWD EX-L CRV in the San Francisco greater Bay Area? Any recommendations? Thx
    My post says 2009..not 2010..:)
  • prasadpprasadp Member Posts: 14
    hi cva,
    Is this crv includes navi also? did you buy the crv? i am also going to buy one tomorrow but not sure how much to bargain, if you have already bought this car, how much you end up paying? please break down the cost for me in detail.

thanks in advance.
  • mpd2mpd2 Member Posts: 12
    Does the new car tax credit end this week? I thought congress decided to extend it...
  • bc_crvbc_crv Member Posts: 9
    Is this price including destination charge?

I recently purchased a 2010 EX-L AWD in the Seattle area. Here's my breakdown:

CR-V: 26112.01 (destination charge is already included in this price)
    Govt Fees: 161.00
    Doc Fee: 150.00
    Sales Tax (around 9%)

I paid with cash, although they would have offered this price with financing. I did not have a trade-in.

My overall experience with the Washington state dealers is there is a shortage of CR-Vs. I had to pre-order my and put $500 down to reserve it. Most dealerships only carry a few of these. I've heard that it is because of year-end taxes that dealerships are charged on unsold inventory. Inventory will build up again after the new year, and dealerships will be willing to deal.

I decided to buy now because of the sales tax deduction. I'm not sure if that has been extended.
    Just Pulled the Trigger for a 2010 CRv EXL- 2WD for $26400 OTD in VA registered in MD.

Base Price exculding Destination ($710) is $24000
  • farbfarb Member Posts: 2
    We just took delivery of our new 2010 CRV AWD EX-L w/navigation.

The Internet quote of $27,161 was exactly what we paid (+$710 destination, $249 Doc, DMV and 7% NJ sales tax) for just a hair over $30k out the door.

I was pleasantly surprised how easy the process was.
  • joseph41joseph41 Member Posts: 2
    Signed my paperwork at the dealership today for 2010 CRV EX-L 4WD, the price is $25,149 before TTL. MSRP is about $28,700 (dealer put some options on). The total price out of the door is $26,987 including 6% MD tax and 223 MD tag fee. Not a steal deal, but I am very happy with the price.
  • parulparul Member Posts: 2
    A dealer in Dallas is gave me a quote for 25K+ TTL for a 2010 CRV EXL. Is this a good deal?
  • jh0321jh0321 Member Posts: 3
    This does sound like a steal deal to me. I'm in MN, and not seeing prices like this for a 2010 CRV EX-L 4WD. This is $1,500 under dealer invoice.