Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• xiaoliangxiaoliang Member Posts: 1
    Please help me check out this price. quote price $25699 including destination charge, free lifetime warranty, and up to $300 off. What do you guys think of this price? The dealer won't make it any lower. I am in Southern MA. Thank you very much.
  • xiaommxiaomm Member Posts: 3
    Is this for 2010 EX-L 4WD? then it is a great price! What does 'free lifetime warranty' mean?
  • tocatoca Member Posts: 147
    $300 off what? Is it a demo, meaning it has more miles than brand new? The price you mention is already below the published dealer cost assuming it's EX-L AWD. If you want a AWD CRV with leather at a good price, then I'd grab this one.
  • newbie1985newbie1985 Member Posts: 5
    I dont know much about the tax refund thing...I bpught my car before the 1st of january....how would it go? are we really gonna get something back from what we bought? what are going to do when we file our ITRs?
  • yankeefan2yankeefan2 Member Posts: 53
    I just did my 1040 and the tax refund save me $563 on a Honda Ridgeline I bought in Oct. I use the 1040A so all I had to do is make out a Schedule L work sheet and add the amount to my Standard deduction. It doesn't give you back all the sale tax just a %. But $563 bucks is nothing to complain about.
  • crazyforcarscrazyforcars Member Posts: 7
    Hello, I've been shopping around for a 2010 CR-V EX. The best "out the door" price in our (Atlanta, GA) area is 24,995. The best offer I have is in fact 24,695 "out the door" from a dealership in South Carolina, which is about 120 miles from here. Please note that tax in the county where I live is 7%.

Please advise if the price earmarked by the Atlanta area dealer is good. Or do you think I should buy from the South Carolina dealer? Thank you all for your input.
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    Well, that's a hard question for me to answer and if I were to throw out a number, people would immediatly jump in and tell you that is too much.

Just offer what you think is fair. If it makes sense, you'll own a new CRV. If not, they will walk you. It really doesn't have to be as difficult as a lot of people make it.

And pricing will vary by the supply situation. NAVI CRV's have been very hard for us to get but your neck of the woods may be different.

I'm not sure what you consider a "reasnoble" profit but since you feel this way, you really should have an easy time. Some people try to grind every last cent out of a deal and they still leave unhappy. They are scared to death that they may have paid a bit more than someone else did.

You sound like a person I would enjoy dealing with!

Tough way to go through life...
  • rbaderrbader Member Posts: 1
    brachute,
    I am looking to buy the same car. your email says private. please email me the dealer and salesperson you used. my email is rosebuhd1@optonline.net.
    thx
  • fasttexfasttex Member Posts: 24
    Here in Dallas, Navi CR-V's are also very difficult to get and I know our most dealerships are "Asking" very close to MSRP but if an offer is made that is not below invoice on a Tuesday or Wednesday either early or late in the day it would usually be accepted. It is supply and demand. A lot of dealers would pass on a "skinny" deal knowing that they could get a little more by just waiting. Start at invoice and go up from there looking for a dealership that does not add a lot of unwanted stuff.
  • ridgeline1959ridgeline1959 Member Posts: 5
    I got an EXL AWD for 25915 + a protection package for 399 (which was worth about 200). I live in Minnesota but was going to Illinois and got it there. I did Email many dealers in Illinois and had many qoutes around 25950. So Add in the difference from MSRP with NAV and that should be your price. In minnesota no budge on the prices all around 27500 for EXL AWD. Taxes,tile registration extra.
  • davidc1davidc1 Member Posts: 168
    Thanks. I don't know what the invoice is and where to get it. I think $500 is a reasonable profit for the dealer. But I am not sure if there's any holdback or any other rebates that may or may not exist so I feel sort of in the dark.
  • davidc1davidc1 Member Posts: 168
    OK. So I guess I'll assume $28k as the target price for EXL Navi. Tax in my state is 7% so I think I'll be very happy with OTD price of $30k.
  • ridgeline1959ridgeline1959 Member Posts: 5
    Somewhere from 27k to 27.5K. + all the other taxes fees title.
  • carhunting1carhunting1 Member Posts: 2
    I got a price quote at Seattle WA area.

2010 Honda CR-V LX 4WD for $22,525.00 plus tax, license, $150.00 document and any dealer installed accessories. However, my price does include the $710 destination charge.

Is it good?
    That's 500.00 over invoice and it's a good price.

LX's have been slim around here but we have a few.
  • glitch1glitch1 Member Posts: 26
    that sounds at least $1K too high.
    Here in Portland, OR, I was getting $21.5K already including any doc/destination fees. And then add TTL of around $350 for Oregon making it less than $22K out the door. This was without negotiation.
  • finnerfinner Member Posts: 10
    Picked up the car yesterday in Fallston, Maryland. Had a great experience with the salesperson and dealership. Pays to do your homework!!!
    Listed below are the details:
    2010 Honda CRV EXL 4WD Black Outside, Black Interior
    Bottom Line $27788.00
    Price included Splash Guards,Alloy Wheel Locks,6% Sales Tax,$202 Tags
    In & Out of the dealer in 2 hours
    Honda Care; Check with other Honda dealers on price. :):)
  • frankc56frankc56 Member Posts: 2
    Weymout Honda Weymouth Ma.

2010 CRV-Ex 23,300.00

Trade 03 Jeep Liberty 8500.00 allowence

249.00 doc fee 399.00 remote strater.

No pressure seems like a good deal to me.

Frank
  • consumerwiseconsumerwise Member Posts: 26
    Am I the only one who goes to consumer reports online to buy the auto buying report for the make/model of the car your interested in? They give you the dealer hold-back amount as well as cost to ship, and even a break-down of all the add-ons and what the dealer pays and what is MSRP. Remember, MSRP is "suggested" retail price. The report has gone up - it's now $14.00 but if you tag on multiple ones they are reduced. :)
  • lookingcrvlookingcrv Member Posts: 4

My father had originally said we wanted this car for $25K OTD, and he got a credit check etc. Then the guy who had agreed on the price goes back and says it's actually going to be $26,038. We said no, got up to leave and he said okay wait, let me ask again. Came back with $25,500, went down again to $25,250, my dad said $25,100 and it's a deal. The seller goes back once again and has a talk with their people. Comes back and says he can't do it. As we were walking out of the lot, the dealer comes back and said okay $25,100, and I said no since I was totally tired of them running around back and forth about it. We had already wasted 2 hours.

Did we make a mistake? (As you can see, we don't know what's a good price on it) Should I have accepted that price? Was it a good price or was it inflated?

Also, I took a picture of the stickerage on the vehicle and I'm wondering about the $895 Protection Package, do I really need to pay for that? Can I not have it? Do I need it? Also these are options that were added on already, is there any way to not have to pay full for unasked for options?

What is a good OTD price for a 2010 CR-V EX 2WD?
    I'm guessing Invoice for this was around $22,400...?
  • newbie1985newbie1985 Member Posts: 5
    i think its okay that you walked out...I got mine last december exl 4wd with spoiler mudguards, door shield hood protector for 25700...
    What about the Honda Protection Package, is that optional?

I'm currently waiting for online quotes from 4 dealerships so hopefully I get some good news. :)
    Does that include Tax/Tag?
    I think your $22,400 price is a little low on for invoice, considering the base EX is $22,898 including destination. You also have splash guards, wheel locks and a trunk protector included in that price so invoice is over $23,000. Add the $1,190 from the Honda Protection package and Polysteel exterior protectant and you're in the low/mid $24k range. I think the price with everything included was fair, but you you need to do a little research on whether or not you need the extra items included with the car. All these extra's are options with the exception of the polysteel if it was already done and splash guards if they were installed (although you could probably tell them to take them off).
  • low_ball_88low_ball_88 Member Posts: 171
    Care to share what dealer in California?
    The dealership is Spirit Honda in El Monte.
  • dgrebdgreb Member Posts: 65
    Hi,

I purchased a Accord LX-P in Aug last year and we've decided that the CRV is more practical for us.

What are the chances of a dealer not taking us to the cleaners and offering a ridiculous trade-in and then making something from the CR-V?

The Accord has 5k miles on it. I'd even consider a straight swap for a 09 CRV LX/EX with the same mileage.

Thanks
    To expect the dealer not to make money on your transaction is wishful thinking. The best thing to do is be prepared and make sure you know the Trade In, Private Party and Trade In Used Car values for your LX-P as well as any pre-owned CR-V you are considering. You can use these numbers in negotiating both the sale of your car and the purchase of the pre-owned.
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    Hi,

I purchased a Accord LX-P in Aug last year and we've decided that the CRV is more practical for us.

What are the chances of a dealer not taking us to the cleaners and offering a ridiculous trade-in and then making something from the CR-V?

The Accord has 5k miles on it. I'd even consider a straight swap for a 09 CRV LX/EX with the same mileage.

Thanks

In a perfect world it would have been possible, but dealers are not charity, they are in the business to make money.

Take what you paid for the Accord and subtract 30% off. Can you take that much loss in 5,000 miles?

Also, what are the chances of a dealership having a CR-V that is exactly at 5,000 miles.

It is worth a try, but be prepared to walk out, and do your homework before you step your foot in the dealership.

Good luck.
  • dgrebdgreb Member Posts: 65
    Many thanks for the advice blueiedgod and toca.
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    You are not in a rush ... Wait for Ad Specials / special incentive / special APR on CRV and see which dealer can offer KBB trade-in value (excellent condition) on the Accord.

Best yet is to sell the Accord privately.
  • consumerwiseconsumerwise Member Posts: 26
    I'd nix the "protection" package if I were you. If that includes an underbody coating. We had that done once and learned our lesson - door frames rusted out on the bottom because the holes were sealed so no drainage. I think the dealers put any ole price on those type of packages. I'd argue you didn't want it to begin with. I think you did well walking away. MSRP is 'suggested' retail price. We bought our CRV last year 2009 for under 22k but it was not an ex (but it did have sun roof, power everything, luggage rails on top. The way the market it today - I'd go in with a $3k under msrp and let 'em chew on it. Also pays to get other dealers involved - via internet offers. Good luck!
    Your used Accord is competing against brand new ones that have financing as low as .9%.

I would suggest that you keep it. You will take a pretty big loss if you trade it in.

Not the dealers fault. Just the reality of the market.
    Forget KBB trade in values. The don't mean much on a 5000 mile Accord when a new one can be bought for almost the same money and the buyer can get very low finance rates at the same time.

My advise would be to just hang on to the Accord or be prepared to lose several thousands of dollars.
  • johnnymurphjohnnymurph Member Posts: 35
    Did not have our color in stock (we wanted black on black). Had it for us the next day - none of the pressure of our cost only applies to in-stock vehicles.

Here is the breakdown -

Cost - $25,905
    Destination - $710
    Options - $400 (wheele locks, splash guards,
    sun roof visor)

Total - $27,015

Taxes, tags and title cost vary like crazy from state to state, so they are not listed. Checked with three (3) dealers within 100 miles, and they were within $300.00.

Went with the closest, where we take our 03 Honda Accord in for service. Bottom line - I can see where many have done better, but we were happy and satisfied. What else can you ask for? Our dealer - Ken Dixon Automotive Group in Waldorf, Md.
  • marshondamarshonda Member Posts: 1
    I am getting a quote of 27,655, this includes destination charge.
    I just got this through an internet offer. Could someone help me here with the numbers so that i can get a good deal. This is in portland area.
    Also what options can I ask for when negotiating.
    Appreciate your help. Thanks.
  • teetootalerteetootaler Member Posts: 1
    What is a good price to buy this trim (with no bells and whistles) ?
    I am being told :
    MSRP - 22,255.00
    Invoice - 20,900.00 (Includes Destination charges)

The quote lowest i have received is 20500 + ttl. otd 22900

Is this a good price?
    Thanks for your inputs,
  • linlin4linlin4 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Frank,
    I want to buy a 4wd 2010 CRV-EX and I also live in Mass. what is included in the the $23,300 you paid? how much you paid in total? what is the interest rate?

Thank you very much!
    Linlin
  • linlin4linlin4 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Jena,

What is your total cost? can you list the details? what is the interest rate?

Thank you very much!!!
  • frankc56frankc56 Member Posts: 2
    The paperwork is at home. The rate was 4.14 %. the 23,300.00 was for the CRV including transportation.

The Doc fee was 240.00 taxes after trade 950.00 and reg fees 100.00.

Let me know and I will send you the sales guys contact info.

Frank
  • cannell3cannell3 Member Posts: 45
    I went back to the dealer today; they have just a few EX's on the lot. To get a Tango Red Pearl, they will have to dealer trade, which I am a little leery of.. The vin # starts with 5J6R; would this indicate an Ohio, or a Mexico build? Also, should I expect the inventory to pick up next month? Are they keeping inventories low because of slow sales? Thanks to all.
  • hidalgo007hidalgo007 Member Posts: 7
    2010 Honda CR-V LX 2WD (with no bells and whistles)

Here is the quote I got

The price is 20,497.00
    Taxes (TX) 1281.00
    License is 311.00
    The price is 22,089.00

Is this a good price? what is the best price for this trim? . Thanks for your help.
  • hidalgo007hidalgo007 Member Posts: 7
    ohconsumer - You said "I bought a 2010 CR-V for $700 over the dealer's actual cost, which is lower than the invoice." what was your base price and drive out price ?
  • julio24julio24 Member Posts: 2
    mattt19/bobecali,

can i please get the socal dealer rep as well? is the rep in the internet sales? i've heard it is better to go through them than showroom? i'm interested in a crv e-xl 2wd. thanks
  • julio24julio24 Member Posts: 2
    iceyhotj,

can you please forward the response from CivicUpgrade? i'm interested in flexible dealerships for crv ex-l w/o nav fwd as well. thanks
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    That looks like a good price that you got, lowest quote I've gotten was $20,646. What dealership did you get it from if you don't mind me asking.
  • polarbear88polarbear88 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought CRV-EX 2010

Asking price: $23550 (includes all season mats and cargo tray= $200 value)
    OTD = 26,000

Did I get a good deal? Tax 8.75%
    in so.california.

thanks..
  • doug77doug77 Member Posts: 7
    Perhaps. Did your's have anything else like pinstriping or tinted windows included?
    Mine had pinstriping and tinted windows (I only wanted the tinted windows tho) and I tried to buy at $22k out the door and dealer would not bite. Ended up $22,250 (Texas) out the door for this vehicle. In my opinion, either you did good or very good depending on the answer above.
    $117.00 for taxes and license in NC ? Wow
    Not in my opinion when you compare to some here who got the LX. You paid over $3500 more than some LXs OTD.