Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• bchen3bchen3 Member Posts: 3
    nothing else.
    MRSO $25805
    OTD:$25375
    MA, Tax 6.25%

Is this a good price?
  • great321great321 Member Posts: 2
    Hi all ,

I am getting a quotes for 2010 CRV EX-L 2WD - OTD from 27000 to 27700 from different dealers in houston,TX . Can you let me know what is the good price for this vehicle .
  • tricia6tricia6 Member Posts: 8
    Hi -- wondering what dealership that's from??
  • tricia6tricia6 Member Posts: 8
    Hi bchen3 -- i think i'm not using this board correctly -- sorry, i'm a newbie!
    Anyway -- wanted to let you know that i just bought from consumer reports a "pricing report" on CRV 2010 EX 4WD -- according to them $23,556 is a good deal. So, I'd say you're doing ok! Would you mind letting me know where you got that price?
  • ridgeline1959ridgeline1959 Member Posts: 5
    Too high, Bought an EXL AWD in Illinois for 25916 + TTL so right around 28K I paid out the door. Brillance Honda. I'm from Minnesota that seems about what the dealers are asking around here
  • patellapatella Member Posts: 4
    Remember, that these price are real! I paid well under when I bought a 2008 pilot EXL with navi for 30,500... Dealers get kickbacks from honda and can sell cars UNDER invoice.
  • shoponlshoponl Member Posts: 1
    We're buying an EX-L but haven't started the negotiation process yet.

$25916 for an EX-L plus destination charge is so low! I've been researching and based on other people's results, I thought just under $27K would be a realistic number for us.

We're planning to buy a report from fightingchance.com, and then send emails to all the area dealerships late next week (i.e. the last week of the month).

So, ridgeline1959, how did you do it? How did you get such a low price?
  • crvdude1crvdude1 Member Posts: 47
    I got the 2010 CRV EX 4WD in Illinois.
    $23,489.00 (Dest. charge include) + TTL
    The dealer threw in mud guards and wheel locks for free.

I got a quote of $30,725 OTD for an EXL Navi 4WD but decided extra $5K not worth it.
  • finnerfinner Member Posts: 10
    Picked up the car yesterday in Fallston, Maryland. Had a great experience with the salesperson and dealership. Pays to do your homework!!!
    Listed below are the details:
    2010 Honda CRV EXL 4WD Black Outside, Black Interior
    Bottom Line $27788.00
    Price included Splash Guards,Alloy Wheel Locks,6% Sales Tax,$202 Tags,Dest. charge
    In & Out of the dealer in 2 hours
    Honda Care; Check with other Honda dealers on price.
  • mvander333mvander333 Member Posts: 1
    25097.00 e-Quote
    710.00 Destination
    299.00 Sealant Pkg Fee
    1631.63 Sales Tax
    66.70 VIT
    139.05 License,Title,Inspection
    149.00 Docs
  • kbakkbak Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2010
    Hello
    I am in talks with this dealer. I said I know someone who got it for 22,500 so you need to match that at least. (They were quoting me 22,900). They asked me who my "friend" was but I said I wont reveal that as I did not have your permission.

If you do not mind sharing that information, let me know my email is kulsi AT hotmail dot com
    thanks
  • bpremobpremo Member Posts: 1
    I just got back from the dealer. They started at 24555. I gave them my opening offer of 15k. The salesman kinda laughed and said ok i'll be back. Well after 20 minutes he comes back with a price of 23895. I said ok I haveto leave right now and he's like you got another offer so I went up to 17k. So he walks me over to see the sales manager. At the point he proceeds to tell me that the mark up is only 1800 and he cant go any lower. So I tell him look the internet pricing is 22050. So when you can get closer to my number give me a call. My first time ever dealing with them like that and it made me feel gooooood!!!!
  • fasttexfasttex Member Posts: 24
    I hope you are joking!!! Why would you think that any dealer would sell that car for $17000, much less $15000. When a customer does that he loses all credibility with me as it has become a game and no serious business. I am glad you felt gooooooooood but I am sure you drove out in the same vehicle that you drove in with. A stupid offer only gives the sales people something to joke about after you leave and I am sure that there were some good ones. :shades: :shades: :shades: :shades: :shades:
  • malachai1malachai1 Member Posts: 40
    there a dealer in pa that has a 2009 exl awd with nav What would be a good price to get this car for?
  • toyotagaltoyotagal Member Posts: 215
    IMHO it is not a good practice to joke about price with Salesmen. After all they are only trying to make a living, much as you and I. It is best to throw out a price at the low end of the TruCar.com prices, in my opinion, and go from there. Knowing that you probably won't get one at the lowest end but it is a good starting point.
  • airjuiceairjuice Member Posts: 4
    I am looking for a new CR-V EX-L 4wd w/Navigation. I am also trading in a 2008 Acura TL w/Navigation. What's a good price for both? What should the difference in the trade be? Opinions are welcome. Thank you.
  • ridgeline1959ridgeline1959 Member Posts: 5
    Sorry for the delay, I just read through the posts and seen what the best price was, I couldn't get a good price in MN ($27500) so I ask for a price qoute over the internet to about 8 dealers in the north suburbs of Chicago and Milwaukee area. I had 3 qoutes around 25915, I think one was around 25800 but I would of had to buy in Cook County and was worried about the BS in Cook County. My price for the car was 25916 with destination charges. TTL was additional. The dealer did fleece me for a protection package that was worth about 250 and I paid 399 and I did over pay for additonal all weather floor mats by $50. This was a CRV AWD EXL with no navigation, I think I got a good price, got my wife her color and she couldn't be happier. Dealer tried to soak me for an 100K warranty for $2300 (not a Honda care too some off brand), bought one on line from Sacurri ??? in Rhode Island for $955. 7 year 120K zero deductible.
  • nbdeucenbdeuce Member Posts: 22
    2WD or 4WD(AWD)...thanks
    Something around $27,427 (car only) for a EXL 4WD NAVI is a good price.
    I got this from a dealer in NE Illinois.
  • john_b3john_b3 Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2010
    >> Who would provide warranty service on your new purchase (this would be a nightmare)?

The dealer that provides warranty service actually bills Honda for that work. All auto manufacturers work this way.

Their service manager doesn't care one whit whether you bought from their sales floor or not. He makes money no matter what -- as long as you let him do the work. As far as he's concerned, it's a completely different operation that just happens to be located in the same building.

Now the sales manager cares quite a bit whether you bought it from him, and may try to get you to believe you can only get warranty work done there if you bought the car there, but that just isn't true.

:shades:

John
    I was offered $24,500 for the TL and $28,400 for the CR-V. A trade difference of $3900. What do you think? Fair or not. Invoice for the CR-V is about $28,300. The TL trade value is closer to $26,000, but I know they're trying to make money somewhere.
    I was offered $24,500 for the TL and $28,400 for the CR-V. A trade difference of $3900. What do you think? Fair or not. Invoice for the CR-V is about $28,300. The TL trade value is closer to $26,000, but I know they're trying to make money somewhere.

Airjuice, first you need to know the CRV is very different from the TL. Don't expect the same quality like your TL. CRV is more or less a Civic with jacked up suspension (IT IS!!!). Fit and finish is only OK and it is no match a TL. It rolls when making tight turns.

When I got my V, I got all dealer quotes using www.edmunds.com. Then just let the dealers out bid each other. It took a while but it worth it.

Is $28,300 including destination charge? If it is, then the deal is fair, not bad. It is very close to the quote I got for $27,400 (car only)
    Thanks for the reply crvdude1,

I think the price for the CR-V is fair also. I'm worried about the price for the TL. It seems a bit low. Anyway, thanks for the input on the CR-V. I know what I'm getting into - different car - yes. The CR-V is just more practical I've found out.
  • low_ball_88low_ball_88 Member Posts: 171
    Is this a good price in Northern California.

$25,000 (includes Destination) + TTL

Color - Urban Titanium Metallic/Beige
  • nbdeucenbdeuce Member Posts: 22
    I've gotten down in the $25,300(+TTL) range on the the gulf coast for the exact same car. I would jump on it cause you are down to the bottom of the barrel as far as I can tell. You maybe able to get a rear cargo tray thrown in...if you're lucky!
  • joetrjoetr Member Posts: 10
    I'd try to get that difference much closer to $3000. They are trying to take advantage of you on the TL.
    Thanks joetr.

I know they're makin' money on my TL. Trouble is that is the best offer I have gotten for this car. It's a sweet car, but no one wants to get closer to the value I'm looking for and it's certainly losing value by the day. I'm just trying to go with the best offer I can. I don't have much choice. Let me know if you have a better idea. Thanks.
  • msmrammsmram Member Posts: 2
    Is $24,874 OTD good for a Silver Metallic CRV EX 4WD in Baltimore, MD? And what are the current APR deals in the Baltimore - DC Metro area? Thanks.

Here's the breakup of OTD (I dont know what the 'dealer installed accs' are, but I dont intend buying them):

Internet Price: $22,098
    Destination: $710
    Dealer installed accessories: $350.00 (Retails @ $560.00)
    Dealer Processing Fee: $98
    Taxes: $1396
    Title and Tag Fees: $222
    On the road cost: $24,874
  • 6sam66sam6 Member Posts: 8
    I am in MO and getting a quote of invoice prices (20766 and 25356 - vehicle + destination fee) for both trims. Please suggest me a good starting bargain price.
  • ronbarsronbars Member Posts: 11
    edited March 2010
    My wife and I are looking to buy a 2010 CR-V in the next 45 days or so. Does anyone know what AHFC's current APR is for their super preferred credit tier for 60 month financing?

Thanks!
    Not sure, just call American Honda. They will give you a more reliable answer then the dealers.
  • joconnorjoconnor Member Posts: 26
    White Plains Honda ask for Walter.
    Price without taxes $24,615

No haggle
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    There are no "special" finance rates on CRV's at this time.

No reason to do this with the slim inventories everywhere.

That said, the interest rates that Honda, and other lenders are charging right now are excellent. If you are in the top tier, credit wise, you should be able to find rates in the 4-5% range.

Finding the exact CRV you are looking for may be the challenge.
  • crucialcrucial Member Posts: 35
    edited March 2010
    No current incentive offers for 2010 CRVs. However, that doesn't mean you cannot negotiate for a good price/rate.

Sometimes, you are better off long term if you get another vehicle not as much in demand as the CRV (as stated above by RONBARS)

For example you can upgrade to 2010 Pilot LX 0.9% APR for about the same amount $$$ of a 2010 CRV EX-L at 5-6% APR.

Since the NEW MMC 2011 Pilot is coming out in just a few months, dealers are willing to clear out the 2010 Pilot. In return you would get more for your $$$, more power, more space, resale value in the long run. ;);)
    edited March 2010
    Nobody that is in the market for an EXL CRV is going to buy a Pilot LX. Isn't going to happen.

What is an MMC Pilot?

A lot of people have no use for more power (less gas mileage) and they don't need or want the extra space. On resale value a CRV holds resale value as well or even better than a Pilot.

The vehicles that are not as much in demand may not be a bargain in the long run.

Cars that aren't in demand as new cars fare even worse later as used cars.
  • crucialcrucial Member Posts: 35
    edited March 2010
    MMC: Minor Model Change - Mid-cycle freshening of an existing model. Often limited to subtle cosmetic changes but sometimes new trim levels and/or drivetrain options are introduced.

Since the "newly refreshed" 2011 Honda Pilot is coming out in a few months (April/May), the 2010 Pilot will be at a discounted price to clear the dealer lot. The Navi will be available in the lower level 2011 Pilot EX-L ( for 2010 Pilot, Navi's only available in top of the line Touring).
    MMC...new one on me!

I don't expect any changes that will be significant and, yes, I know NAVI won't be restricted to Tourings which is a good thing.
  • ronbarsronbars Member Posts: 11
    I suspect, as you mention, that AHFC will have an excellent interest rate even if it's outside of a special program. They've always been pretty competitive in the past. You're correct about finding the exact model we're looking for (Royal Blue 2WD EX-L/NAV) -- if we could find one today we'd buy it.
    You must live in a southern climate.

I'm in the Seattle area and a 2WD NAVI would be saleproof for us!

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a special AHFC rate on a CRV.
  • flyer333flyer333 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2010
    Sounds like a good price - I was quoted about $25.5 OTD from a dealer in Montgomery County for an almost identical model. Do you mind if I ask where the dealer in Baltimore is located?
  • stripe1stripe1 Member Posts: 72
    Going to pick up a CR-V EX-L 4WD painted white for $25,961 +tax and tags.. MSRP $28,455. I thought about an Acura RDX Base FWD, but for $5,000+ more, I don't feel it was worth it. However, it was tempting.
    Congrats! That is a pretty good deal!
  • baksharpbaksharp Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

thanks a lot to everybody and especially ewujun for sharing his experience and also thanks to quinsong99, It helped me do my homework.

So, It's time for me to do the KARMA. Here it is -

I finally bought the Honda CRV 2010 LX 4WD, Black Ext, Black Int from the Dayton, OH area from the same dealer that ewujun bought.

Matt Castrucci (not a very high-five-jazzy place,no coffee, mineral water etc.. but the price was right!.).So, drove from Columbus OH and picked it up. Finalized everything on the phone before leaving.
    $20880.90 plus tax, title, fees.
    Sales Tax 6.75% for Columbus OH.
    Total paid - $22,601.73 out-the-door.
    In and Out from the dealer in 1.5 hr.-2 hr.
    Hope this helps somebody out.
    What do you guys think of this deal?
    Thanks.
  • rkj1rkj1 Member Posts: 11
    Did you finance it or cash ? What finance rate are they offering honda ?
    It wouldn't matter what rate that person received because rates are based on Fico/Beacon scores.

It all depends on what tier you fit in. The higher your score, the better the rate!
  • wgd949wgd949 Member Posts: 1
    polarbear..which so call dealership? The deal looks good to me.
    Thanks Crydude1. Now I have to sell my 2006 Accord EX-L V-6 W/Gold Pckage. (42,000 miles with 35,000 of these miles highway) I didn't want to trade, for dealer's always low ball.
  • eruditereseruditeres Member Posts: 9
    Paid about $20,600 (all dealer fees included) + tax & tags in NC for 2010 CRV-LX 2WD.

Invoice is about 20,766 (base 20,056 + dest 710)

So reckon about $200 below invoice.

Happy shopping!

Suggestions to would-be buyers:
    1) Call around for pricing
    BUT (a twist here)
    2) Step into a physical dealership that is NOT the one with the lowest price - test drive, haggle the old way, let the sales person smell blood, wear em down, then go for the kill (Jaws music). You bite off someone's time, their willingness to sell goes up.

You've got a better chance of going below your lowest price. Phone calls can only get you so much since the salesperson time is not 'vested', and for these sales people, once you fall below their ceiling price, they would rather wait and sell to the next sucker to walk into the dealership. It improves their chances of a quick sale if there is a car in the lot of a different color vs selling to you at a low price.

3. Your lowest price remains your backup...

And please, why do all dealers want to sell Urban Titanium color? I suggest not to let color choice known till you get the price fixed. I would not let them decide the color for you.

Best wishes...
  • fasttexfasttex Member Posts: 24
    What are "Highway" miles? :):)
    "Highway" miles: Majority miles on odometer are from vehicle being driven on open highway where there's no stop and go traffic.