Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Armada

Comments

• dg1616dg1616 Member Posts: 10
    Knockoff, it was East Coast Nissan , North Plainfield NJ. Once we worked through the negotiation, I feel everyone at the dealership was extremely easy to work with. Will they deal? I can't answer that. i know they had 3-4 other PFA's on the lot. Give em a shout and good luck. Happy New year!
  • kbehrendskbehrends Member Posts: 3
    I currently own an Expedition. We just saw a pic of an Armada today. How do they compare? Why haven't we seen any on the road? Are they that new?
  • thylantyrthylantyr Member Posts: 28
    Every vehicle has their pros/cons. The consumer
    needs to check them all out and evaluate what is
    best for them. I like the new Expedition, but I'm
    not a Ford fan. I'm keeping a close eye on the Armada
    to see how things go because I may be in the market
    to buy soon.
  • pmtrepmtre Member Posts: 55
    Picked up the canteen colored PFA LE Tuesday,live 30 miles west of Boston, haven't seen another go by yet! Neither has the local car wash. There's been a lot of turned heads as I go by and a lot of positive comments from those that have seen the PFA. The kids love it! Personally I'm totally satisfied with the vehicle and would recomend the purchase to others. At first, I didn't care for the styling and passed it over leaning towards the Sequoia. No regrets, love that new V8.
  • jomijomi Member Posts: 20
    I have had my new Galaxy PFA about 3 days now and I love it. pmtre, I also live about 25 miles west of Boston and although my dealer had about 10 PFA's on the lot and a number sold as well, I have not seen any on the road. Where did you go to get it washed. I'm not sure if all car washes will be able to clean this vehicle all over.

I also compared this to the Sequoia and the Expedition. I eliminated the Ford early on for a number of reasons. Styling, quality and ride performance were some of the reasons. It came down to the Sequoia and the PFA and it took me about 3 weeks to make that tuff decision, but I came down on the side of the PFA. It is a more up-to-date vehicle particularly with safety features and electronics. I also like the extra power and it brakes a lot better than the Sequoia. I also like the 4 wheel drive system better.
  • shulajshulaj Member Posts: 11
    Firstly, I've owned everything. Explorers, Expeditions, Escalades, Audi's, Volvos....you name it. I change every year. I’m 39…two kids. Currently own a Liberty (love it) and a Grand Cherokee (worst piece of @#$% I've ever owned).

Took out the Pathfinder Armada two days ago with my wife and one of my kids. She's 9 yrs old and loved the back seat. It was a LOADED LE with NAV and DVD.

I've posted here before about cost differences in Canada versus the USA. Anyhow....here is what I thought.

First crack at full size SUV is not bad by Nissan but they missed some SERIOUS things.

And don't think I'm nitpicking since I still like the truck and may buy one.

My needs are an SUV than can haul a big boat and up to 7 people in total up north for 6 hours every 3 weeks. I am the perfect customer for some car company.

1: Kids cannot open the back door by themselves. Handle is too high. Even when they can jump to reach it, the door starts to close on them right away and kids grab the dirty part of door to hold on before looking for something to grab before falling off of the step. Nothing to grab.......so door closes or else they get dirty by holding door open with their coat. Stupid design. Should hand a handle on side of seat to grab or something.

2: There is a buffeting at high speed, which may or may not be caused by the position of the roof rails. This may be why some say it is there and others not! This did not concern me to tell you the truth.

3: While some say interior is cheap looking, all the gauges are well placed and designed, and they are large so big hands can use them. Car heated up well.

4: Engine noise into cabin was more than expected, and while that may be "fun" for some, it doesn't mean "power" it means that Nissan did not use enough sound padding. They use far more on the upcoming QX56 than in this truck.

5: Seat leather quality is terrible. (Yes it is very bad, and feels worse than the BMW fake leather)

6: Second row seats have a very long seat so kids knees actually are still a foot away from the edge of seat making them actually uncomfortable. Don't say "throw them in back third row" either since there is another problem with that.

7: Third row seat doesn't split. How dumb is that? Talk about cheap. Even the new QX56 doesn't split. So if I have 5 people traveling long distance (all the time with me) all my stuff will not fit since half of the back seat cannot go down for added capacity! Stupid stupid stupid. This may be the reason I do not get this vehicle. You cannot jam three kids in the third row and fold up the second either. Kids cannot get out of vehicle then.

8: Second row seats very comfortable for adults. They recline way back. (Could and SHOULD recline more in case there is not third row passenger but this is better than the other SUV's on the market. (Note that FX35/45 recline two inches! (idiots) ...and the Porsche SUV and VW doesn't recline AT ALL!!!!! Knobs!

9: Stereo is about the worst I've ever heard in a loaded vehicle priced at this amount. Simple the pits. Sounded Wal-Mart like. That is OK for me since I would not order the DVD System and would put two DVD Screens (9" versus 7") in this thing. I'll replace speakers.

10: Corners great, tracks true...and stops well. Not very responsive on fast lane changes, but for the size, it is better than you'd think. BTW: Drove the BMW x3 and while it is smaller, it really drives and corners on sports car when compared to this thing (or even sports cars).....but I will NOT buy the X3 to replace my Liberty since it its not worth the extra $30K CDN.

My daughter loved it. So did my wife....but when it was all said and done and the dealer went back inside and we jumped into the Liberty she said (in almost these words) "You know it is big enough and has all the toys you'd want, but with the third row not split, you'd need to order the second row bench. And it doesn't look like a $65,000 (Canadian) truck.

All in all I think this is the best looking large SUV around.

So in 3 days I go to the Autoshow (Press Preview Days) and I think that Ford will Introduce the new F-150 based Expedition! Hopefully that will get my blood flowing again, cause the Armada wasn't as good as I hoped.

Steve
    I appreciate the input! We have three giant offensive lineman in our family, so it is mandatory that we have something big enough so they all fit! How is the third seat for room? We usually have at least one extra football player with us at any given time.
  • auto9999auto9999 Member Posts: 86
    Remove the DVD and navigations options from Armadas and the pricing of Armada is suddenly competitive to other full-size SUVs of similar equipments. Note that Ford Expeditions have single over-head cam V-8 engines. If you want a full-size SUV with double-overhead cam V-8 from Ford you need to buy a Navigator.
    >>My needs are an SUV than can haul a big boat and
    >>up to 7 people in total up north for 6 hours
    >>every 3 weeks.

If you buy vehicles that often, then I would
    get the 3/4 ton Suburban with 8.1L engine to haul
    7 and a large boat. Second choice would be Excursion diesel, but not a good ride.

>>Kids cannot open the back door by themselves.
    >>Handle is too high.

It's funny how the obvious mistake makes it
    through the engineering flow. /hehehe

>>There is a buffeting at high speed, which may or
    >>may not be caused by the position of the roof
    >>rails.

I bet if they placed some damping material like
    dynamat, this would solve some issues.

>>Engine noise into cabin was more than expected
    I've given this alot of thought, but I think
    all vehicles have flaws and in the end consumers
    may have to do some aftermarket modifications.
    The Toyota Sequoia's small V8 was just as irritable as it revs high to get the horsepower
    and torque.

>>Seat leather quality is terrible.

I think car manufacturers need to stop the
    false advertising. It's not leather.

>>Second row seats have a very long seat so kids
    >>knees actually are still a foot away from the
    >>edge of seat making them actually uncomfortable.

I never thought about this. But it sounds like
    a no win situation. If the seats are small the
    adult complain, if too big the kids complain. /hehe

>>Third row seat doesn't split. How dumb is that?
    Every vehicle has problems. The Suburban for example has decades of history and yet they
    don't have fold-flat 3rd row. To do any plywood
    hauling you have to remove that row.

>>Stereo is about the worst

Bose sound system? /haha
    I never heard a factory system in any car
    that sounds good.
  • rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    7: Third row seat doesn't split. How dumb is that? Talk about cheap. Even the new QX56 doesn't split. So if I have 5 people traveling long distance (all the time with me) all my stuff will not fit since half of the back seat cannot go down for added capacity! Stupid stupid stupid. This may be the reason I do not get this vehicle. You cannot jam three kids in the third row and fold up the second either. Kids cannot get out of vehicle then.

I've been saying that from day one. Not only does it not split, but the headroom is lousy. I'm 5'9" and my head hits the ceiling back there. For some strange reason Nissan lowered the headliner over the 3rd-row seat by about 3/4". Why???

That's my only real complaint about the Armada, but it's a big one.

I was at the DC car show last week, and the Armada was positioned about 20' from the Sequoia. While I'm not fond of the Sequoia's fold-up 3rd-row seat, at least it splits, and it is far more comfortable (much better padding) than the Armada's 3rd-row seat.

Also, the Expedition has a much better 3rd-row seat too. It splits 60/40, has better headroom, and is more comfortable. While I like the Armada the best of all the SUVs in its class, if I needed to use 3rd-row seating on an every day basis, the Armada would not be my first choice; not by a long shot.

Bob
  • andrewtran71andrewtran71 Member Posts: 840
    Oh, I meant the vinyl on the door trim.
    Most luxury SUV will have leather on the door trim instead of vinyl like the Armada. I assume the QX56 will have leather on the door trim.

Can we trust some of these manufacturers?
    Like the Acura MDX's perforated "leather" seats are not really 100% leather. I was told that only the non-perforated part is leather, but the perforated section of the seats are vinyl.
    A Ford Expedition with DVD and navigation systems would cost above $US 40,000, which almost appears to be in the price range of luxury full-size SUVs. So it seems to me that the problem is not that a fully-equipped Armada is expensive but any full-size SUVs with the latest gadgets do not come cheap.
  • bowke28bowke28 Member Posts: 2,185
    the armada is not a luxury SUV. but the material on the door panels is the same as the material on the seats.

shulaj...worst sound? what other sound systems have you listened to? id like to get a common frame of reference so i can understand that RIDICULOUS statement! ive listened to about EVERY automobile sound system thats been made in the last 8 years, and NONE come close.
  • andrewtran71andrewtran71 Member Posts: 840
    With 10 Bose speakers, including a subwoofer, I don't see how the sound system in the Armada can be bad unless the SOURCE of the music is bad.
    I've been in a Lexus GX470 with the Mark Livingson Sound system and 12 speakers. With some of the FM radio stations around here, they make the awesome ML system of the GX470 sound bad.

But 10 speakers Bose system has to be good.

Is anyone getting the grill guard (late addition)?
    I think that would make the Armada look even better.
  • aggiedogaggiedog Member Posts: 238
    While I'm sure Mark Livingson is a fine fellow, I'm also sure Mark Levinson would appreciate proper name recognition :)
    Where exactly is the subwoofer in the bose PFA's?
    I will be upgrading the power and speakers on my SE to alpine and was wondering where the SW is buried.
    thanks
    JOMI, As I live and work in the Franklin/Milford MA. area my 1st choice for car washes would be Kar Kar in Milford on rte 140, all cloth wash , hand drying for about $7.00 and up, large suv's no problem, detailing available while you wait! My other choices are rte 109 Medway and East Central St in Franklin.
  • btill1btill1 Member Posts: 69
    I am also west of Boston (Upton)-I purchased my PFA on XMAS Eve, and have since put 800 very happy miles on it. The family went to ski country (N. Conway area) for a week, the PFA was flawless I just wish there had been more snow so I could really get the feel for it, and what it could do. I compared to the Sequoia and Expedition (not very much competition), what it came down to was that my wife really liked the second row captain's chairs. I agree with other posters that a split third row would have been helpful, as well as to slide the second and third row seats forward and backwards. I also think that for a list price of $43k the PFA should have two other features dual climate control for the front seat and an info center (mpg, ampg, dte...). But as I stated I am very happy with the car/truck overall I love the power and the smoothness of the drive. It is a silver LE with sunroof package and Steel leather interior, I purchased from Bancroft Motors in Worcester, MA.

Brian
  • drich2drich2 Member Posts: 17
    LE with tech package has the 2 things you mentioned a PFA should have.
    A pretty good info center and front dual climate controls.
    Those items are standard on GMC slt envoy and many others. Must be coming next year. See you around town!
  • btill1btill1 Member Posts: 69
    drich2,

You are correct they are in the tech package which I did not get, I did not need or want the GPS so I had a hard time paying an additional $2k for dual climate and the info center, my point being that on a $43k they should be standard.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    I also noticed the door handle is too high. I actually took my 4 year old daughter with me on the test drive - she could not let herself in, and really likes to do that.

-juice
    I appreciate the input! We have three giant offensive lineman in our family, so it is mandatory that we have something big enough so they all fit! How is the third seat for room? We usually have at least one extra football player with us at any given time.
  • chasmanz28chasmanz28 Member Posts: 109
    all the Le model's that ive seen dont have the 8 seating like the se models do, is that the way they come from the factory? and would ibe able to have the 8 seating in the Le model if i wanted it
    Where exactly is the subwoofer in the bose PFA's?
    I will be upgrading the power and speakers on my SE to alpine and was wondering where the SW is buried.
    thanks
  • rparnellrparnell Member Posts: 27
    Hi,

I have just come back from driving an SE 4x4 off-road, no sunroof. The resonance shocked me - it was staggeringly bad at 65 mph and above, and once I'd heard it, I could sense it at 45 mph. Until that point I was unaware of any issue. The dealership - Dublin Nissan of California - could offer no explanation, and suggested it was probably just a fault with that vehicle.

This is the second Armada I have driven. The first was 7 days ago - a standard SE 4x4 with sunroof - and it was great and had no sign of the resonance. It sold me on the car, and I was just test driving and off-road to see if I prefered the ride.

I am now really concerned. I am about to spend somewhere in the region of $35k to get the car I need, and I can't afford to make a mistake.

Has Nissan done anything to sort this problem out? Has anybody who has bought an Armada had this problem appropriately fixed?

Many thanks

Richard
    I have an LE with a split bench 2nd row seat. I saw a number of them configured this way, but they all had the tech pkg and DVD player and a list price of $46,970. It looked like this was a set configuration the factory used. I wanted the navigation, DVD and split bench in the second row (because the 3rd row didn't spilt) so it worked out well for me. It sits 8 comfortably as long as no one real tall sits in the third row (headroom is the issue, not leg room).

I think the sub woofer is below the driver's seat, but I'm not 100% sure and I haven't looked yet. I have driven my PFA LE for several days including highway speeds and have no resonance issues at all.

btill1 and pmtre, I live in Hopkinton and bought my Armada from Marlboro Nissan. They were great to work with. I tried Glick in Westboro and a dealer in Norwood and neither would match the deal I had with Marlboro (by about $2000) with my trade. Hope to see you guys driving around the area.
    PMTRE, you commented on the Goodyear Wrangler tires that were on the PFA LE you drove and how the ride wasn't as good a you expected. I also have seen a few other notes about Goodyear tires on the PFA. I picked up my PFA LE this past week a few towns over from you (Marlboro) and the tires are Continental Contitrac. They ride great and I feel pretty good about the tires since Continental were the OEM supplied tires on my BMW.

I'm surprised Nissan is using two different tire manufacturers, particularly in the same geographic area. You may want to double check which tires come on the delivered vehicle and compare the two if available. I know one test drive I had at another dealer didn't feel as great and now I wonder if the tires had anything to do with it (I don't know what tires were on the vehicle when I drove it). I think the Continental and Goodyear tires are fairly comparable in a number of areas, but the Goodyear looks like it may have a more aggressive tread. That could be a cause of ride differnces.
  • soldaustinsoldaustin Member Posts: 91
    I just got back from a 2,200 mile trip. I went aprox 750 miles each day. My SE Smoke Armada did great! I drove about 75 mph most of the time and often hit over 80. I only check my gas mileage 2 times. The first was 18.04 and the second time was 18.250. I was pleased since I was driving in extremely windy conditions. The Armada held the road well and wind noise was minimal under the circumstances. I am also pleased to say that I had no wind resonance noise like others have reported so am grateful for that.

I had to have the tires balanced before the trip as I had a shake above 70 MPH from day 1 which was no big deal as nothing is perfect. I also had them to fix a rattle in the dash before my trip. Or rather they said they fixed it. I drove about 5 feet hit a bump and it rattled. I turned around and told them they didn't fix anything. So needless to say it only got worse on the trip and after the 2nd leg it rattled constantly which drove me nuts. At least I think I have pinpointed it to the steering column area which might help. They also had to order me a new overhead console since one of the screws was torqued too tight and shattered the plastic around it. Thats about it. Everything worked great. No problems, no surprises. I actually love the cloth interior. I have the graphite color. The main comments I have received (yes I have had passengers) is how much back seat room there is and how comfortable the seats are. Now I haven't been able to ride in the back seats myself and drive (I leave that to my wife) but my brother rode over 700 miles back with me and said it was comfortable. By the way I didn't like the leather and I am a person who likes leather. I figure if the seat fabric goes over time, I will do the aftermarket leather which I have done before and it is of awesome quality and all leather, not plastic and leather.

Now my comments on the exterior style. I would advise that you shouldn't buy one if you don't like the style or if you don't want people constantly looking at your vehicle when you are driving around or walking around your vehicle when you are parked. I caught someone looking in yesterday when I was parked out in the lot away from other cars. (I don't get door dings!) Anyway, he was looking in and was startled when I walked up but said he was interested in one and said he loved mine. He asked some specifics and said he was going to drive one. This is probably the 5th or 6th person that I have seen walking around my vehicle in the last 2 weeks. So if you don't want to drive a hot looking vehicle, I would advise you go with a Ford Explorer or something like that. I honestly have never gotten such a response from a vehicle I have owned. On the road, people point and look over. I have walked up and heard people say, "What is that, it says Nissan, I love it!" Again, be careful this might be too good looking of a vehicle for you so weigh that in on any decision making. Maybe something a little more boring like the Toyota which is a nice vehicle but a tired design. You won't have to worry about those pesky people pointing while you are driving down the highway or even them walking around admiring your vehicle! Won't happen! Not that I buy for everyone else but I think it is somewhat a clue to what the resale will be and being noticed is not a bad thing.

That said, my last thing is that I want the Satellite radio and have that link that was posted earlier but don't know who could install it for me. I don't want to tackle it. Thats it, sorry for the long post. Good luck to all.
  • clpurnellclpurnell Member Posts: 1,083
    Think the attention you get now is bad drive an FX for a week ;)

If you order the kit from grubbs any reputable car stereo place can install it in under 2 hours. Your local nissan dealer or infinti dealer can also do it and that way it would be under full warranty. Most have been able to do it themselves in that amount of time.
  • vmccaulvmccaul Member Posts: 27
    We have put 1300 miles on our LE 4X4 PFA. Went to the Sierras and Had 4.5 feet of snow dumped on us in a day and a half. Had no problem with the Armada driving in deep snow. I was driving conservatively because of the steep grades and heavy snow, so I didn't "play" much, but I can tell you it can get the job done. Others were getting stuck and sliding.

On dry roads everything seems to be smooth. I keep listening for rattles and buffeting, but so far so good. Only thing is we don't seem to get the gas mileage some are claiming on this board (maybe they have 4x2 models). We are only getting about 14.8 miles per gallon according to the computer. Of course we were fully loaded and rough terrain and some city driving included.

As for the interior, it suits us fine. We are using it to haul kids, dogs, and get through snow and mud, so it fits the bill. Kids loved the DVD...and so did we...Silence! I admit could have done without the nav, and they should have the message center available without having to pay for the navigation. The only other problem is the engine noise, but I guess that is a personal thing. My husband loves the "growl", whereas I prefer quiet. But it is relatively quiet once you get to cruising speed, so I'm pretty happy. So far no major problems to report.
    jomi- thanks for the feedback. My PFA, with Good Year Wrangler tires came up from a CT. dealer about 100 miles away. The Westboro MA dealer had PFA's all with the Continental tires. During my prepickup test drive I noticed a vibration in the steering wheel at 65+ mph . The dealer said he hadn't prepped the anything and would check it out. I've driven approx 400 miles and only notice the vibration at 80+ . I haven't gone any faster. I plan on having them check it out again if it doesn't smooth out.
    Regarding rattle noise from steering column. The day I drove the PFA home I heard a rattle/tapping noise from near the steering column , turns out to be the keys and remote door opener, banging the dash. I flipped the remote up over the left side of the keys and leaned on the steering column. No more noise.
    well i bought the armada over the weekend and i must say wow, ive been in alot of suv's and owning an 02 ford expy nothing even comes close to performance and the way this monster handles its like a sportscar molded in a suv, glad i made the purchase and very happy with it, if anyone is looking to buy a suv this is the one to get for sure, and the dealership i went to was very nice in the transaction made and with the 800 over invoice price that was the icing on the cake
    did anybody get a good deal over invoice and get the 2500 dollar rebate too, im going to ask about that tomm and see what they say, i didnt know nissan was offering a rebate
    Is it true? Tell us about it, bowke28!
    it may be the beginning of another chapter of the price war that we have seen in 1980's to 1990's in the passenger car market, and this time, in the SUV/truck market! In the past we as consumers tremendously benefited from lower passenger car prices and the automakers terribly suffered from shrinking profitability. My observation so far this time around was that Nissan kept its SUV/truck (namely Armada and Titan) prices slightly higher than its Big 3 competitors in the real deal prices after Big 3's hefty rebates. GM's rebate was the most obvious in everyone's eyes. If Nissan matches the real selling price of its SUV/truck to Big 3's, the pricing of the SUV/truck will enter the whole new dimension.
  • ksloan77ksloan77 Member Posts: 28
    people...people.. listen up! dealers call it an extended warranty...it should be called a breakdown insurance policy. what you are doing by purchasing an "extended warranty" is betting that your vehicle will break. the only way you can come out a winner is if your brand new truck breaks down...and costs more than the cost of your "extended warranty" did (often as much as $1,600 or more). so refuse the extended warranty, put your $1,600 in the bank for the next 3 years, and when your dependable nissan is still humming along in year 5....smile as you now have your trip to cancun paid for!
  • nitemasknitemask Member Posts: 33
    Where did anyone see the rebate? On Nissan's website they said it was 2500 Cash back when you purchase a new 2003/2004 Sentra ($2000 on SE-R models), 2003 Xterra, Pathfinder 4x4 ($2000 on 4x2), or Frontier from dealer stock.
  • gkatz1gkatz1 Member Posts: 296
    There's no rebate. Why would they rebate a vehicle that has poor availabily? It just came out.
  • nitemasknitemask Member Posts: 33
    Thanks, that's what I thought, but I just wanted to verify since there was a question about there being one a few posts agao.
  • gkatz1gkatz1 Member Posts: 296
    Yeah, I would be shocked if there was any rebates right now. It's hard enough to get a price without any on the lots.
    I called nissan about my slight resonance problem with my Le model with sunroof and they are sending service bulletins to all dealerships on to how to fix the problem so thats good news to all of us that have this issue, it would take about 2 to 4 weeks for all the dealerships to get the information from nissan, if you cant wait just tell your service manager to call nissan
  • rshershe Member Posts: 236
    Just curious..
  • clpurnellclpurnell Member Posts: 1,083
    you buy a vehicle yet?
    talked to my service manager he told me he would get the information as to what the fix will be by calling nissan tommorrow, so as soon as i find out ill let you guys know, and yes i bought a le model on saturday, didnt know about the resonance until feeling it first hand, he did tell me that if the fix isnt simple nissan would give me another armada, hopefully its a simple fix to the problem, if you guys had to guess as to the fix what do you think its going to be?
  • rshershe Member Posts: 236
    Yes, got a Smoke LE, tech, DVD, bench. Almost what I originally ordered, but Graphite interior (vs Steel) and $500 cheaper ($1000 over invoice). I titled it at the end of December, I will pick up next week. Looking forward to it.

Chasmanz28
    My guess will be additional support/insulation or other sound deadening material to the interior of the roofline..
  • soldaustinsoldaustin Member Posts: 91
    Well, I just got back from the dealership and helped a friend buy a new Black (I know it is called something else) LE. He was going to buy a Toyota, but drove my Smoke SE and said forget a Toyota. He was grinning ear to ear after driving it. We got there about 7:30 jumped in one and took another drive and by 8:10 had made the deal and he is getting one brought in from another dealership hopefully tomorrow. I had done all of the homework on mine and the staff at the dealership I went to was tops, so naturally you refer to whom you had a good experience. (as well as steer away if you had a bad one)

I told him when it comes in that he will need to drive it first to make sure it doesn't have the resonance issue. I was lucky to escape it I guess.

I also posted earlier about the Sat radio so thanks for the link to Grubbs Infinity and the reply. We both want to get it but would like to know if anyone has made the leap yet to have it installed with the factory kit you buy though Infinity. It sure is pricey but sounds like the only way to go. I did e-mail Grubbs Infinity and they responded quickly and said they have installed them and they do have the kit. He also said that he had heard that some might have the cable already but they haven't seen one but it would be located in the back cargo area somewhere. I should be so lucky! Thanks to everyone on this board. You have been extremely helpful and soon there will be one more proud Armada owner.
    I can see it now, the TSB bulletin to fix
    resonance.

"Give these ear plugs to customer".

/joke
  • ksloan77ksloan77 Member Posts: 28
    I picked up my new black, LE, Teck pkg, PFA yesterday. I won't go into all the details of this story, but will tell you I put a deposit down for a PFA on October 14th!...and I still had to settle for one without the DVD. But that is actually a good thing and I'll explain why. I would caution all of you purchasing a new PFA about the factory DVD/roof problem. In my opinion, there is a design flaw in the roof of this vehicle...not such a problem to prevent buying one, but be aware if you're like me, and can't stand noise, rattles, squeaks, and excess vibrations, then make sure you test drive the PFA you're looking at over some rough roads before buying. My local dealer had an aftermarket DVD installed in a another PFA and called me and said come on down, we have your truck (this was about a month ago). I refused to buy it after driving it and told them there was a roof problem with the truck. They "fixed" the problem and called me again and it was only marginally better. Again, I refused the vehicle. My salesman told me that a friend bought that vehicle shortly after I refused it...and called complaining about the roof. After a few days of driving it, this guy said he noticed the tires were inflated beyond what the manufacturer reccomends...he let out some air, and now claims that the roof is better. Again, this is a second-hand story, I can't confirm it....but frankly I find it hard to believe that reducing tire pressure fixed the problem.

I am going to get an aftermarket DVD installed in the headrests of the front seats and not run the risk of additional weight to the roof. The system is still about $1,500 so it is actually a little less than factory installed with more features, and 2 screens. My two-cents worth on this roof issue with the PFA....there is a problem, and it will take a re-design to completely fix it.