Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Armada

Comments

• indy93indy93 Member Posts: 97
    This is fantastic a Nissan dealership where the Armada's in stock have no resonance problems! Suggest we find out where that is so we can pick some up!.....Here in SoCal Nissan actually flew 2 engineers out to inspect an Armada and return to the factory to come up with a fix and modification on the line.
  • bowke28bowke28 Member Posts: 2,185
    you all think i have some kind of agenda here. not the case. its a fact that our service dept. has had no complaints of resonance from anyone, nor do they know anything about a TSB.

first, our service writer has no reason to lie to me. second, i post on here for my enjoyment and knowledge. none of you will likely ever buy a vehicle from me, so there is no monetary reason for me to be here. i do it simply to enjoy myself, as do all the other pros in these boards.

if you have such a dim view of dealer personnel, then you have the problem, not me.

you asked what i drive...look at my profile.

did i pay for it? yes i still do.

i dont doubt that you have problems. i never said that. my point is that you cant be objective because it IS your money. try to take a step back and be objective. the dealer isnt out to get you. they dont want to have problems with vehicles either, especially ones they cant fix.

indy...

all i said is that noone here has experienced the resonance. i have no reason to lie. its not like im going to sell a car off these boards.
  • lizziec372lizziec372 Member Posts: 5
    I was wondering if you could tell me what the buy back procedures are? I have been very patient but I think that my next step may be to try to get them to buy it back.

I took my Armada in to get the roof glued and it didn't fix the problem with mine either. Did yours have a really bad odor when you got it back? mine did. They told me it was the smell of the epoxy glue that they used.

I also am having a problem with a metal popping sound from underneath when I first drive off. They changed out the rear mounts, that was suppose to fix the problem but the problem still exist.

I have also developed a really loud rattle in my dash and a slight ticking sound when I accelerate.

I know to some people this may all seem minor, but if you have experienced the resonance problem you might understand. On my vehicle it is really bad and I just feel like this is way to big an investment to be playing guinea pig with. I really don't think they know how to fix the problems. I have taken it in four times and gluing the roof and changing out the rear mounts were on the TSB. That was suppose to be their fix and it didn't work!

After having all these problems this early on I am afraid of what the
    future may be like. I am not having any rotor problems yet but I just hit 2000 miles.

I would really appreciate any tips or advice you can offer.
  • sub9904sub9904 Member Posts: 72
    memory serves me correct Bewoke28, I believe you did openly doubt some of the posters truthfulness when discussing their problems on this board.

You personally may not sell a vehicle off this board. However, this board has cost Nissan sales. I for one didn't buy after what I read here and experienced for myself after test driving the Armada. I really wanted one too. I'm sure there are others who have done the same.
    yes i did...after i performed a little due dilligence. i didnt specifically say any one person was lying, but there are people who have posted here that are just trying to have a few thrills at our expense. one person, in particular, posted his email address on his profile. it was a yahoo address, so i looked up the yahoo profile. on it, i found a 15 year old boy from georgia.

i wont say any person, specifically, is lying. but i do have doubts of some. i dont, however, doubt anyone who has posted recently.

BTW...the resonance issue has actually INCREASED the number of people who test-drive the armada. many want to experience it for themselves before discounting the armada as an option. our closing ratio has not changed since day 1.
  • cjs2002cjs2002 Member Posts: 341
    I'm wondering ya know since the armadas are having these roof troubles and what not, I was hoping that the dealers would be willing to haggle the better price on just a base model... I really like the armadas and (kinda don't care about the roof problem ... mainly cause the one I was looking at when I drove it didn't seem to have the problem) but the dealors wouldn't talk much numbers with me because I wasnt' willing to sit down and buy that day... anyone know if I'll be able to get a good deal on one since theres so much trouble?
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    However, this board has cost Nissan sales.

No, it's the problems with the vehicle that cost them sales. If anything, these boards encourage the company to fix the problems so they can improve their sales.

tidester, host
  • offroadnarmadaoffroadnarmada Member Posts: 65
    I was wondering if this supposed TSB has fixed anyone's vehicle. I love my baby, but I did dish out 36 thousand cash to buy a vehicle, and so far I have had more problems than I did with my '90 Plymouth Laser. So far my New Vehicle Experience has not been as pleasing as an 18 year old would have liked to imagine.

So far, I have had my window go off track 3 times, the front two make loud clunking noises, the back two groan, the front passenger door was loose, the front passenger seat makes an extremely obnoxious screech when I turn, both sides of the floor in the front pop slightly up and down (making an annoying popping noise whenever you move your feet), my roof liner started to fall off in the back, the resonance issue drives me crazy between 20 and 45 mph, not to mention the minute problems that are probobly more complaints than issues.

She is a joy to drive, her control and acceleration are excellent, but I'm starting to doubt if the pleasure is worth it - I almost liked driving the '04 Grand Prix as much...
  • ksloan77ksloan77 Member Posts: 28
    yes, i had the glue proceedure done and i even told them before they did it, it wouldn't work...and of course it didn't. did not have much of a smell afterwards i will say. there is NO tsb on the roof problem. all these dealers telling people that "a tsb is coming out tomorrow" and crap like that are just plain fibbing. i assume to get their customers off their backs. from talking to nissan csr (not their engineers) they have indiacted that the "parts" would be some kind of metal braces...again this is speculation.

step 1 -- complain to nissan and start a claim file reference number. step 2 have the local dealer attempt to fix the problem. step 3 field inspector. step 4 (assuming the inspector approves) buy-back proceedure begins. in the event the inspector does not reccomend buy-back, then you can always persue the lemon-law avenue.

i have no one to blame for MY SITUATION but myself. i refused to accept the first armada delivered by my dealer back in december because of the excesive noises and the ROOF viberating like it would fall down any second...so when the second one came in (and after they already had my deposit and were pushing me to buy) i dumbly accepted the second vehicle. in the back on my mind i assumed that nissan would issue a recall and fix the damn thing. just like offroadnarmada said in his post --She is a joy to drive, her control and acceleration are excellent. but like so many other people on here the ROOF is not the only problem. the driver's side window is about to fall out...or sounds that way. i pulled up to mcdonalds to make an order and the thing made so much noise that the girl taking my order asked over the speaker "did your window just fall out?" the second row seat behind the driver must be folded up to keep from rattling as much as the roof. there is a "ticking" sound just left of my left shoulder while driving. and some kind of noise from the dash when no one is seated in the passenger's seat!

there is an aftermarket dvd/stereo business in st. louis that has created/invented their own fix for the roof that i have seen pics of...composed of brackets that are mounted to the roof. i asked my local dealer and nissan corporate "why not just send my armada there and have these people fix it?" they said that nissan would void my warranty if i did that. so....i sit here with my home-made post holding my roof in place....and still putting up with all the other problems when i drive the truck. but not for long....law-suit-city right around the corner.
  • bscottbscott Member Posts: 7
    I'am planing on purchancing a Armada SE with leather and DVD next year and I have test driven one already and I love it. The only problems I see is that there isn't enough exterior colors to chose from . I would like to order one with chrome 18" wheels like the QX56 and some other quality upgrades from the QX 56 . And a Ivory or off white exterior with tan interior.
    you have a total of '1' shade of white to choose from.
  • bscottbscott Member Posts: 7
    What about the chrome 18" wheels will I be able to get that or will I have to settle for the standard wheels. rely please Oh also will Nissan offer any new exterior colors are upgrades for 2005
  • rparnellrparnell Member Posts: 27
    My Armada has the helicopter-like resonance issue at highway speeds, but perhaps even more irritating is that I have an almost constant shuddering through the body when going anything above 20 mph. I can feel it through the doors and center console. It is not speed related like wheel balance. It creates a low frequency pressure and I find it very tiring.

It creates a lot of noise in the car - shaking seats - anything that is loose starts to rattle - and the low frequency rumble is very tiring.

Does anybody else have this?

Many thanks

Richard
  • offroadnarmadaoffroadnarmada Member Posts: 65
    Lizzie - "there is a "ticking" sound just left of my left shoulder while driving" - I had a constant ticking noise that drove me to the brink of insanity for the past month. Came to find out it is my window. It almost sounded like my seatbelt pillar connection. The only way I found I could stop it was by pressing my elbow extrememly hard on the far bottom of the window, or cranking the Bose system up to 20 ;)

rparnall - what you're explaining sounds a lot like the notorious resonance issue. Sometimes it builds up so bad that I get a slight headache from the constant pressure.
    nothing will change in 2005 other than the name (dropping the "pathfinder" part)

also, you can use this site to find all available options, or you can go to nissan's own site.

www.nissanusa.com
    Sorry I respectfully disagree. Maybe a matter of semantics but if it wasn't for the board/internet and ones ability to research vehicles (or what ever), an individual would not be able to obtain the information that is necessary to make an informed decision. If I knew nothing of what I've read I would own an Armada right now. I also believe the jury is still out as to whether Corporate HQ really listens. Well at least when GM is concerned.
    "make an informed decision"

this can also have the effect of making people stop considering the armada. how is THAT an informed decision?
  • cjs2002cjs2002 Member Posts: 341
    any idea if there discounting or willing to haggle prices?
    ...an individual would not be able to obtain the information that is necessary to make an informed decision.

The internet certainly makes it easier to do the research but people have been researching the vehicles they purchase since well before the internet became widespread. Ultimately, however, it is the vehicle with all its pluses and minuses that sell it - or not sell it. You may have been turned off by some particular aspect but another may not have had that same concern and was convinced to buy based on something else he/she read.

In the end I think it's a wash.

tidester, host
  • big0147big0147 Member Posts: 15
    I am new to the site so be gentle. I was doing some research as I wanted to buy the new Nissan Armada and was amazed at all the problems that some not so lucky buyers were having, but I went ahead and bought my new Le Armada 2WD with sunroof anyway. I researched the vehicle for about 6 months before I purchased it. I think I got a pretty good deal as I payed on 37,882 and thats in Hawaii and so far "knock on wood" I have not had any problems. There are not a lot of them over here in Pearl Harbor and I am proud to be one of the first to drive one. The car really is a head turner.
  • dboogiedboogie Member Posts: 71
    on your new Armada!!! I can only imagine driving the Armada down H-1 and trying to park somewhere down in Honolulu....or even worst, going up Kam and trying to park at Pearl Ridge mall.....yikes, thats a scary thought with all the tight parking there :O) Thats ok, the Armada's big...just run over all the Civics and Integras and make your own space (just kidding, hehehehe)
  • llajumpvidllajumpvid Member Posts: 76
    There are places that can put chrome on the rims...I've seen one listed on ebay.
  • adjmcloonadjmcloon Member Posts: 70
    I spoke with my rep Megan (x.3854) at Nissan today, and she informed me that the glue fix is the only fix. There are no other parts being developed. In addition, she stated that apparently some dealers that have done the glue fix have used the wrong adhesive, and that is why the fix hasn't worked in those instances. The resonance TSB was released on April 20th.

I asked her if I could have the dealer pad the underside of the roof with dynamat and a liner (I already purchased enough to do it) without voiding the warranty. Worst case, even if the glue doesn't take, the dynamat and extremeliner (available on ebay) will most certainly kill the resonance.

Otherwise, I'm really loving my Armada. I would submit that if you're shopping for one, go and drive it (preferably on some rough road) around 40 mph and see if it even bothers you. Although I can hear it, it isn't so bad that I get headaches. I think some folks are probably more sensitive than others. I haven't had any other problems (other than a squeak and loose mirror) and the power, ride, and towing ability (wow!) make the vehicle well worth it, even with the resonance, to me.
    Yes it's true that people have been researching vehicles long before the internet. However, other than the W.P. article mentioning the resonance what other publication has written about it? How many people would have had access to it? How would an individual find out about the resonance problem so early with out the internet? Word of mouth? C.R. typically waits a year before they comment about a vehicle. So if you're researching the Armada w/out the internet you wouldn't know about the issues it's been having. Therefore, I'd be driving an Armada now and most likely one with a resonance problem since I didn't want the sunroof.

Bewoke, an informed decision should be based on knowledge learned about a product. I've learned enough about the Armada to know that I wouldn't purchase one due to the problems it is having. Perceived or not. To me that was an informed decision.
    "I've learned enough about the Armada to know that I wouldn't purchase one due to the problems it is having."

thats fine, but my point is that, for those who make that decision without even seeing or driving one, they are NOT making a fully informed decision.

take adjmcloon, for example. he thinks the positives ouytweigh the negatives. he knew of the problems, but went to drive one anyway, and made a FULLY informed decision to buy it. people who make decisions based solely on an internet message board are doing themselves a GREAT disservice.
  • chasmanz28chasmanz28 Member Posts: 109
    #2420 of 2422 Spoke with Nissan today by adjmcloon Apr 28, 2004 (10:13 am)
    I spoke with my rep Megan (x.3854) at Nissan today, and she informed me that the glue fix is the only fix. There are no other parts being developed. In addition, she stated that apparently some dealers that have done the glue fix have used the wrong adhesive, and that is why the fix hasn't worked in those instances. The resonance TSB was released on April 20th.
                                                                                                       well that is simply not true because i had both glues put on the inner roof and they didn't work so nissan is blowing hot air again, and they must really be stumped on this resonance issue for sure, sad you have all these high paid engineers and they cant solve this serious problem, i fear that all that have the resonance issue will have to have nissan buy back your armada's because i doubt this glue TSB is going to work, to me it looks like the have to totally redesign the roof
  • adjmcloonadjmcloon Member Posts: 70
    How many others on the board have had the fix applied, and did it work? I'd like to see the results of that survey. I have heard both ways, both on this board and on other forums on the net. So how about it? Anyone else had the fix?
  • chasmanz28chasmanz28 Member Posts: 109
    how could the resonance issue not be a lemon law, when you have your head liner torn apart twice and they cant fix the problem but give you excuses, or when you have the service manager telling me to go after the lemon law or have nissan buy back the suv? so if you have a dealership telling me to do either or what does that tell you about there faith in nissan fixing these issues
  • popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 50
    Sales info from nissannews.com indicate that over 14,000 Armada's were sold between 10/03 - 03/04. Does anyone know if this is right on target for Nissan, or ahead or behind their expectations?

This particular board has served as a useful source of information for me...but it can also be quite confusing as to what is really going on with this vehicle. There's a group with resonance and rotor issues and such, there's a group that's seemingly quite satisfied (me included) and then there's bowke refereeing the whole thing, while stating that his dealership has never even heard of these problems. I don't know what to tell those of you potential Armada buyers, other than to say soak in all of this information..and possibly misinformation...but do yourself a favor and get out and drive one or more for yourselves. I've got 4500 miles on mine and the only complaint I have is that the local auto parts stores have never even heard of the thing (for filters and such). There's a bit of a frenzy that seems to be generated here. People start tossing out abstruse statements about how this thing is the lemon of the century when we don't even know how widespread the problems are. Maybe it is, who knows. Maybe I'm just living on borrowed time with mine. But until I hear how many of the 14,000 are affected, I'm not drawing any final conclusions. I certainly don't think we have a representative sample here.
  • scott174scott174 Member Posts: 74
    I'm still having the Brake problems I have posted a month ago or so. The Dealer has replaced the rotors, the caliper bolts and now, the front brake pads. The brakes still squeak and squeal. The Dealer has also had to order the horn asssembly as the "HI-note" has been intermittent in operation. The rear clicking/popping noise from the rear has them stumped as well. They have re torqued the rear bearings 4 times, replaced both rear hubs, and the problem still continues!! The steering wheel "painted" controls for the CC and the radio are starting to peel/wear off. Another trip to the Dealer? I live in hot So Cal and the other day with 102 degree weather the A/C only worked when the car was moving. Totally luke warm air coming from the vents at idle and red lights. I too had the Dealer do the Glueing experiment with the roof cross bows. NO IMPROVEMENT!! It seemed to go away for a week or so but has returned. When will all the issues stop? I don't want to wait to find out anymore. I have contacted Nissan and am getting put off. I will be writing the Dealer owner and Nissan explaining in writing my delima. I have also contacted my friend at the local news station who is "The car guy" to see if they want to get involved. I'm not the only one out there with problems, which will be easy to see. I will let you know what happens. ( or you will see me on the evening news)
    Total sales target is 32k for the first year and 40k after that.

14k in 5 months is 2800 per month
    2800 times 12 months is 33600. looks like they are on target.

also, the first 3 months were WAY behind, so they must be flying out now, relative to the 1st 3 months.

i know weve sold about 14 in the last 2 months, but only sold 4 in the 1st 3 months.
  • ldbrickerldbricker Member Posts: 140
    has to be based on a safety related issue, not just an annoyance.
    has to be safety or drivability (powertrain)

its in the best interest to do buybacks for these things, but its not mandatory.
    ...has to be based on a safety related issue, not just an annoyance.

Would the noise be a distraction and could it be sufficiently distracting that it would contribute to an accident?

tidester, host
    according to people here, its a constant sound, not a sudden jarring sound.

boy...you REALLY want to get the SUVs off the road dont you?
  • llajumpvidllajumpvid Member Posts: 76
    Bowke28 I thought no there has heard anything about the resonance? Just yanking your chain :)
  • shark715shark715 Member Posts: 382
    As an example, the following is how the State of New Jersey defines a "lemon". The lemon laws vary somewhat from state to state, and not every state has them.

The state defines a new motor vehicle as a lemon if it has one or more defects that are not fixed after three attempts to repair them, or if the vehicle is off the road for a total of 20 cumulative calendar days. The defect must “substantially impair the use, value or safety of the vehicle.” The Lemon Law does not cover defects that result from accidents, vandalism, abuse or neglect. In addition, it does not cover defects that were caused in the process of trying to fix the defect by any person other than the manufacturer, its agent or an authorized dealer. Under the Lemon Law, in order to qualify the consumer must write the manufacturer to give them one last shot at fixing the defect.
  • driftracerdriftracer Member Posts: 2,448
    the defect must "substantially impair the use, value or safety of the vehicle"

Substantial. The word has to be quantified - that's actually my job, the conditions I report on, and the sole reason I testify. If you can still use the vehicle, it's not impaired. Value damage comes from replaced engines and transmissions and 14 visits for brakes. Safety is only affected if you can't stop, turn or go to avoid an accident.

Noises, regardless of how annoying, and with respect to those annoyed, generally don't constitute a substantial impairment in any of the three areas.

Lemon laws in most states don't allow for your time, nerves, frustration, etc - it's a product warranty situation, and nothing more. The cases have no allowance for pain and suffering, and all the other overly-litigious notions brought on by too many personal injury lawsuits and too many TV shows.

I was asked a few posts back about the service manager recommending lemon law action - I was a service manager and made that statement to customers, too - mostly to get them on my side instead of yelling at me - I didn't make the danged thing, we just sell them and service them.

99 times out of 100, service managers have no idea what truly goes on in a lemon law case - and they shouldn't, I'd hope.
  • waynebrucewaynebruce Member Posts: 16
    Just wanted to chime in again regarding Armada and all the problems. I have about 5k miles now on the truck. To date, the problems I have had are build quality related, ie too many rattles inside and misaligned plastic trim. I have had no brake problems and no resonance. I have a 4x4 SE with Journey and tow package. As to resonance, have those with a sunroof tried moving the rear luggage rack crossbar all the way forward?? While I never had a resonance sound inside the truck, my roof did shake at times quite a bit when at highway speeds. My dealer moved the rear luggage rack crossbar all the way forward, and that eliminated about 90% of any shaking. He said that the old Pathfinders sometimes had similar issues and this trick solved the problem. I only really noticed the shaking when i reached back and touched the 2nd seat overhead console. But ever since moving the crossbar forward, there is virtually no shaking. I'm not saying that it isn't a problem, particularly for those Armada's with no sunroof, as given the original shaking I experienced, it probably is a problem. But for those sitting on the fence about purchasing this truck, I am another owner who is satisfied, though not with interior build quality. More important to me is the way it drives and handles, and on those merits there was no substitute. In the end, we all know that you usually get what you pay for. So realistically, if the Armada were perfect with no first year problems, I doubt they would be selling close to invoice the way they are now. Time will tell how this truck holds up over the longer term, but for now I think it has served me admirably. I'm sure my rattles can be address again on the next visit to the dealer.

So bottom line: test drive one and see for yourself. Resonance is a serious issue in some Armadas, but if you don't hear it and if you don't feel the overhead console in the second row shaking at highway speed , then go ahead pull the trigger....the truck is worth it and a steal if you can buy at invoice. And don't forget to try moving the rear luggage rack crossbar all the way forward...made a huge difference for me!!!
  • aggiedogaggiedog Member Posts: 238
    "nothing will change in 2005 other than the name"

You mean the resonance will still be there too?

Just kidding.

Do you have some advanced notice about these things? Most manufacturers change something even if it's cosmetic such as, tail lights, front grill, trim, etc. Something to distinguish the 05 from the 04. I'm holding off for the 05 in hopes that Nissan will just add retractable rearview mirrors. Is that too much to ask for?
  • lizziec372lizziec372 Member Posts: 5
    I live in Texas and I was considering lemon law. So are you saying that there is nothing I can do? Am I stuck with this "Lemon"?

I have been having the resonance issue since day one. I have been in contact with Nissan's consumer affairs department since the week after I bought it. I have done what they asked and gone in for their Guinea pig repairs. I am convinced that they don't know how to fix the problems.

I don't know if you have experienced the resonance problem or not but in my vehicle it is very bad, and it does not make a sound or noise at all it is a lot of pressure that you feel! in your head and ears that causes your ears to pop like when in a airplane. It's enough to drive you nuts. I have had people say that it gives them a headache. Sometimes I have ringing in my ears after driving for a while on a day when its really bad. So that causes me to wonder if it could have some sort of long term affects in my ears or more importantly on my three children.

Now that sounds like it would "substantially impair" the use and the "safety" of it to me, and as far as the value I have heard that once the word really gets out about all the problems that they are having they are not going to hold their value very well.
    boy...you REALLY want to get the SUVs off the road dont you?

LoL! Just trying to be helpful!

tidester, host
  • newsuvhunternewsuvhunter Member Posts: 5
    Just a thought, but aren't all Nissan SUVs going to be based on this platform? Maybe someone with more knowledge and intel than me could speculate on the Path and Xterra.

(Someone wanting to buy an Armada or 05 Path)
  • driftracerdriftracer Member Posts: 2,448
    I've around Edmunds for 3 years and I wasn't trying to advertise - in fact, I don't deal with consumers directly, except to help answer questions here on Edmunds and when I meet a consumer at trial or arbitration. I evaluate vehicles as they compare to others in the market. I only contact consumers through my job, for official purposes. I would gain nothing through any form of solicitation - my business doesn't work like that.

Lizzie - I'm not saying you have to live with anything - I've seen stranger things happen than a vehicle getting lemon-lawed for a vibration or noise - I'm just saying there's no legal basis for it. The manufacturer can do what they want, but usually won't step up until they're sued.

There are laws in place in every state that allow consumers to contact the manufacturer and report their recurring problems and get relief under the law- it happens VERY rarely, actually, and usually when a lawyer is involved.

Ironically, it was the unions representing the manufacturers that wrote the Magnusson-Moss Warranty Improvement Act, which is the basis for most state lemon laws - this act allows that the manufacturer of ANY product with a warranty (not just cars, we're talking toasters and TVs here) to give the consumer relief - unfortunately, although those laws are in place, it takes an act of Congress to get a manufacturer to do something about your problem.

Most people tend to scream, holler, freak out, make threats, etc, and by the time someone with authroity looks at your complaint letter, they assume you're off your rocker.

Stay calm, even though you're annoyed, don't mess with trying to get this resolved at the service advisor/service manager level, and document everything. Your best contact is the regional warranty rep - they're the first person in the chain with true authority -

Remember also, the dealer DID NOT make the vehicle and DOES NOT warranty the vehicle - they are simply a sales and service point for you. trying to get the dealership to buy your vehicle or the service manager to handle things for you is NOT reasonable.
  • vchengvcheng Member Posts: 1,284
  • sevencycles2sevencycles2 Member Posts: 10
    I was thinking the same thing, will the new Pathfinder be built on the same line/factory as the Armada?
     I'm in the market for a new one and am thinking an 04 may be a better choice, made in Japan and not a first year vehicle and right now probably can get a great deal on a new 04.
    I have a 97PF with 104k previous to that a 92PF and an 87PF all have been very reliable vehicles.
    I guess for a first year/ brand new vehicle you expect to to have some problems/growing pains although my 87PF was a first yearer and had very few problems with it.
  • liveeasyliveeasy Member Posts: 1
    I am not able to get much of a heated air flow to the back seat in my LE unless the front vent is set on the upper position. The bi level or floor position setting for the front vents does not produce much of an air flow to the back seat. The dealer is telling me " thats the way it is, they all work like that". Is this really the case? According to the owners manual, I should be getting air flow in all vent positions to the back seat. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
    no.
  • messmess Member Posts: 26
    The owners manual does state that the foot outlet air flow will not be normal when the engine coolant and outside air temps are cold, for a maximum of 150 seconds. Page 4-23. Maybe the sensor to let it go back to normal flow is bad. Cehcek other Armadas on the lot or check at another dealership. Mine seems fine.....wife and kids thought it was too hot on a recent trip. Good luck.