Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Armada

Comments

• steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,130
    Nissan Announces Pricing (Business Wire)

Steve, Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• clpurnellclpurnell Posts: 1,087
    lol you beat me to it :)

This thing is going to eat Toyota for Lunch. I can get an armada 4x2 SE w/bose and dvd for 36,570 a comparable seqouia is 2-3k more. A loded SE undercuts a loaded SR5 by the sam amount. This thing is a real bargain but I hope they deal on it. Cuz even though the sequioa costs more it is pretty easy to get 4-5k off a 2004 even. I think nissan has another hit on it's hands.
  • hansiennahansienna Posts: 2,312
    Nissan may have another hit but Toyota is perceived to be much more reliable than Nissan.
        On which vehicle has a Nissan had sales that even approached those of a comparable Toyota?
  • tnt8tnt8 Posts: 7
    I am eager to get a vehicule money burning in my pocket! almost bought a nissan frontier 2003 close out! now I am up to upper 20's for an isuzu ascender. Should I wait for Armada? I need cargo during the day and Kids hauling after school? any ideas?
  • tnt8tnt8 Posts: 7
    Is it worth going into debt for this "vehicle" corrected!
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,130
    You have 30 minutes to make any changes or fixes after you post a message. Just click on the Edit button that follows your message after you post it.

Steve, Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• ar15ar15 Posts: 58
    Nissans don't have the resale vale of Toyotas. You might save a few bucks now, but you'll more than make up for it when it comes time to sell it.

Also, do you really want to support France right now?
  • Features will sell the Armada over the Sequoia. If the buyer is concerned mainly with resale value, the Toyota may be a slightly better choice. If the buyer is concerned mainly with how he will use the vehicle, features that make that use more enjoyable (especially if towing or heavy loads are involved) will quickly move the buyer towards the Nissan.
    The toyota may have better resale but I find their cars utterly boring. The camry is less than two years old and already has rebates like the domestics.

The Armada has more power, space, features for less than the sequoia. To ME it is a homerun. I was about ready to buy a 2004 Toy (I helped a friend buy a 2003) but once they start discounting this nissan (shouldn't take long) I will have one in my garage.

I think that nissans are just as reliable as toyotas. Read any of the toy problem threads lately most are not satisfied with the quality of there toyota same is true for the long term sequoia and camry edmunds had. I think there is a 0 quality gap between the two.

As for nissan being owned by the french I don't get into political debates with people because there is never a winner.
    we KNOW the Sequoia is a quality vehicle with the highest resale in it's class. We KNOW the reliability of the Sequoia is best in it's class.

These are all unknown with the Armada. It's always somewhat risky to buy a vehicle in it's first year of production.

As far as arguing politics, I don't care to either. But, buying a Nissan supports a country that HATES America and does everything in it's power to hurt America.
    Given there are unkowns with the armada. I bought the first year Infiniti FX and have been very satisfied and impressed with the build quality and performance thus far. Yes it has had some teething problems but nothing major in my book. The toy just cannot give me the features I desire (folding third row, rear backup sensors, bose etc) The ford comes the closest but don't want to get absolutely slaughtered in resale. The Armada gives me what I want and if I can get it for what I want to pay it will be great.
  • bowke28bowke28 Posts: 2,185
    wont be available till next week, but the difference in materials between this and the prototype is amazing!!!
  • bmwdougbmwdoug Posts: 248
    I believe the Armada is a winner. I am going to either purchase it or the new Titan Quad Cab. As far as France goes, who is kidding who? Iraq has been a disaster. Don't blame them because W lied to us all about Hussein being linked to 9/11, Non existant weapons of mass destruction and the need to go to war.
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    Let's not foray too far into politics! Thanks.

tidester, host
  • rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,661
    Nothing can turn a good thread ugly like politics.

Bob
    I thought we were discussing patriotism.
    way off-topic.

Bob
  • hansiennahansienna Posts: 2,312
    Toyota Sequoia is a proven, reliable vehicle with great resale. The Armada may be reliable but very few Nissan vehicles have the high resale of a comparable Toyota.
        Nissan does not have the resale of Toyota and Honda in the United States nor do Nissan vehicles sell as well new or used as Toyota or Honda.
  • Does anyone know if Nissan will offer xenon headlights as an option on the Armada?
  • Who buys a vehicle with the primary purchase decision being re-sale value? Maybe my grandma and "ar15". I'm 26 and love to fly in my '03 Max, soon to take flight in my '04 Armada. Sensibility VS. Passion. Baby that's what it's all about!
  • Anybody have a listing of colors??
    is determined by supply and demand, like anything else. I'm sure with the new-found popularity of recent Nissan products, their resale will also be on the upswing.

Those who put such a high priority on resale... go buy a Toyota or Honda, and then come back in a few years when Nissan's resale values approach those of Toyota and Honda.

Bob
    Here are a bunch of close-up shots taken by an Edmunds poster who was at the show. Enjoy. :)

mbunting "Nissan Dunehawk concept" Sep 26, 2003 6:27pm

Bob
  • I've had both Toys and Sans. Both are equally reliable. My personal vehicle is a 1991 Hardbody that I bought new. Still drive it everyday. Refuses to die. Utterly reliable with 187,000 miles. Nissans, historically, are a little cheaper, i.e., more bang for the buck. It's true that their resale value is less than Toyotas, BUT resale is low on my priority list. Reliablilty and value are tops. The Armada will be a hit, just as most new Nissan designs.

Viewed the DuneHawk jpegs. Nice truck. If it is ever produced, the price will be extortious. Somewhere between $75,000 to $110,000 based on comparable technologies (look at the MB G500).

Politics aside, are we supposed to send the Statue of Liberty back to France? Yes? No?
    Politics aside, are we supposed to send the Statue of Liberty back to France?

And that's not a political question? Nice try!

Be careful what you ask for. They may decide to send Jerry Lewis back to US! :-)

tidester, host
  • Since we have refrained from consuming Idaho potatoes with the name FRENCH fries, and we now drink any wines BUT the ones from France, how far are we willing to carry this silliness? I know, I know, this is not the place to discuss this issue. Sorry for the detour.

Back to Toys vs. Sans, I read Healey's report on the Armada in USATODAY online. Very favorable except he doesn't like the truck's frontend looks: too generic, in his opinion. But what does he know? He is only a newspaper reporter.
  • ruskiruski Posts: 1,566
    that's what the liberal media want you to believe.
    Whether one agrees, I know this discussion will become a disaster if the political sniping persists.

Try REAL HARD to refrain - as difficult as I know it is!

Thanks.

tidester, host
  • Can someone tell me what kind of 4 wheel drive system the Armada has?
    Thanks,
    Steve
  • bowke28bowke28 Posts: 2,185
    im not going to list everything, but if anyone wants to know the price of a specifically equipped model, i'll add it up and let you know.