Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Armada

Comments

• adjmcloonadjmcloon Member Posts: 70
    Check Titantalk.com for the window fix. There's a new program out and they supposedly will flash your computer and it solves the window issue.
  • galvanggalvang Member Posts: 156
    Material quality or lack of on the steering wheel controls I do have. Its really annoying but it goes to show that Nissan used some pretty chinsy quality parts to cut costs. There's scratches and chips and I'm ussally pretty careful about handleing the Armada.
  • whambinowhambino Member Posts: 8
    Armada back in the dealer after getting a loaner car thru Nissan Corp. Dealer just turned the rotors again!!!!!!!!!!! and put new pads on it. Lets see -1st time in rotors and pads replaced at 4000 miles, 2nd time in at 8000 miles Nissan TSB fix parts installed to rectify the problem, 3rd time in Woodfield Nissan turns the rotors again and installs new pads at 13500 miles. The Nissan fix got me an extra 1500 miles before problems again!!!!!! I think it's time to investigate the Lemon law with my Lawyer, I refuse to accept replacing pads and having rotors cut every 4 to 5000 miles. Does anyone out there have any ideas?
  • norbnnorbn Member Posts: 70
    Honda grade logic is just a tranny program to keep it hunting on down grades. Its not for off roading. FYI.
    Any word on the 05's? Hope they get it right.
  • bowke28bowke28 Member Posts: 2,185
    i know. our discussion was about going down steep grades on the highway or improved roads.
  • nissanman1nissanman1 Member Posts: 7
    You can get the info. about the changes in the 2005 Armada at www.nissannews.com. The major change is they are adding a rearview camera to the technology package. That may have just swayed my decision to buy the 2005 Armada instead of the Infiniti version QX56. Hopefully, they worked out the bugs. I read about the 200 engineers sent to the plant this Summer to help improve the quality of all the vehicles produced in Canton, Miss. Hope they get it right too. Good luck.
  • messmess Member Posts: 26
    I just heard from a friend who owns a Nissan Quest. She just received a letter from Nissan, extending her warranty to 5 year, 60k for free. There is evidently a sticker you peel off and apply to the original one. When will the Armada and Titan owners get this little offer of "we're sorry"?????
    this is on to boost sales in the quest. no other nissans will have it.
    That's too bad. I'm sure there are a lot of disappointed 1st year Armada owners who could forgive for all the probs. as long as the warranty was extended til the end of most peeps payment books. Now, can't wait to see the competition come back into the game with all the new upcoming models. Having had mine in the shop over 5 times in 7 months...I'm not real confident in the quality of the details Nissan has put in this thing. Nissan needs to realize...Building a loyal TRUCK customer base is more important than most people think. Why do you think Ford has been #1 in the truck market sales for so many years?? It is definitely a brand orientated crowd.
  • rshershe Member Posts: 236
    The Quest has 38 TSB's and 2 Recalls already.. The Armada has 26 TSB's. Maybe we just need to get a few more..Of which my Armada has had a good many of.. I have already had it in to replace a faulty seat belt anchor, replace the overhead console. Bringing it back in to replace the NAV system (disk error warning), fix the DS power windows which will go down nicely-but only go up when it feels like it; and I almost have to drive into my garage door for my Homelink to work....

The 05 Sequoia w/ Nav is looking really good about now..

BTW-Bowke, so what you are telling us is that if there is nothing in it for Nissan (boosting minivan sales), they aren't going to do squat for the Armada/Titan owners whom have purchased sub-par vehicles. If Nissan really wants to "boost sales" start using quality materials and demand quality on the assembly line.
    the current armadas/titans are still under warranty. the quest extension is ONLY for the 2004s. the 2005s do not apply either.
    The 04 Quests should still be under warranty as well.. I'm assuming Nissan is extending it since they sold these people such a pile of crap, in hopes that they could be fooled into buying another Nissan product...
    in that case, why would they not include the 2005s?
    Well hopefully Nissan has learned a little and corrected some problems on the line! But who knows give them time and they may have to do if for the 05's when they start falling apart.

All I'm saying is that if they are extending the warranty on the 04 Quest, why not the 04 Armadas/Titans which are having their share of problems as well..

I have a 4Runner that I use for work that has 205,000 miles on it and has been in the shop 2 times for repairs. Both of which Toyota covered (even though the vehicle was way out of warranty) and gave me a rental car.
  • scott174scott174 Member Posts: 74
    Bowke,

I sure wish I would have bought my Armada from your Dealership. That way I would not be having all the problems with mine, since you and your service Department seem to know nothing about all the PROBLEMS.Ignorant? or what??
    Just to recap all my problems:
    1.Brakes 4 times, 4 sets pads, 3 sets of rotors
    2.Resonance TSB twice, now worse than ever.
    3.Exhaust parts defective.
    4.Window regulators 2 times
    5.Radio replaced
    6.Bose subwoofer missing!!
    7.Rear axles click/popping, 3 new hubs, re torqued nut 4 times!!
    8.Numerous paint defects (Dirt in the paint)
    9.Two dimples/dents on the front of the hood from factory.
    10.Many many interior parts replaced due to defects, or they broke once removed.(Scary years down the road)
    11.Steering wheel controls replaced due to chipping paint.
    12.Both front seats squeak on turns. Twice repaired.
    13.Engine pinging/rattling, now they tell me that the Armadas require PREMIUM GASOLINE, (check the owners manual 87 octane).
    14.Rattles from 5 places in the cabin that cannot be found/fixed.
    I have been to the Dealer TWENTY ONE TIMES since 12/13/04. THIS IS THE WORSE VEHICLE I HAVE EVER OWNED. THE WAY NISSAN TREATS THEIR CUSTOMERS, I WONDER IF THEY WILL BE AROUND TO HONER THOSE EXTENDED WARRANTYS!!
    so how has everyone's summer been?
    My summer has been terrible! First my A/C went out, and I took it in for repair 237 times! Then, my dog died! Then, my house burned down! This is the worst house I've ever owned. Life sucks! I hate me! God kill me now! The IRS is after me! The bank foreclosed on my house! My cat tore up my couch! I split my pants! Help me! Help me!

Haha. Just kidding. Armada is working like clockwork. God, I just love this site. This is the only Armada forum I've been to that has more whiners per capita than even California.
    at least on here, you arent breaking the law by getting a suntan...lol.
  • david4266david4266 Member Posts: 2
    I purchased my armada 3 weeks ago and all was fine until today. With 1300 miles on it, as I let off the gas I hear a loud whine noise from the front as the vehicle approaches 40-45 mph. If I drive at those speeds I can also hear it. If I put the auto 4 wheel drive on, it goes away. Has anyone had this problem or know a fix. It is driving me crazy.
  • dumbfathappydumbfathappy Member Posts: 1
    I have a keen interest in the Armada (loved my '95 Quest) due to its features and I enjoyed the 45 minute test drive. However, I'm obviously concerned about build quality as noted all over this forum. So....
    1) is it worth risking on an '04 since discounting & rebates are being offered?
    2) better to wait for '05 and see what else happens?
    3) get the comparably equiped '04 E.B. Expedition since Ford has such great incentives?

Words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.
    I'd wait a few weeks to see how the 05's turn out, if not, get the Expidition.
  • klondike_x5klondike_x5 Member Posts: 33
    Do you have links to those other sites?? I think if I read 1 more thread about the roof, my head will pop.;)
    In other news 11,200 miles and no complaints but, had to take the truck in for the brakes for the first time and they seem to have no problem dealing with the repair job (parts on order). No questioned asked.
  • tiggerguytiggerguy Member Posts: 76
    and my biggest complaint is that I can't keep the friggin thing clean! I swear, black is a love/hate relationship. I'm glad they are adding red to the choices. I wonder if they are going to make any interior changes like they describe for the Maxima. It's really my only other gripe with the truck, the interior quality. Has anyone sucessfully had their steering wheel trim replaced under warranty for scratches? I felt I would be on my own with that one, but if Nissan is fixing it under warranty, maybe I'll go for it. It would be nice if they changed it to the aluminum pieces that the Infiniti has. Seems interesting that the QX56 board has been pretty quiet, considering these things are built side by side. Maybe Infiniti owners don't complain as much.
    I guess people who don't have problems aren't going to log on and preach about how much they love their rides. By noting the different user names complaining here, it's really only a few people. Not that their complaints aren't valid, but when reading this board it appears as though the Armada is like a Pinto or something. What we don't see are the thousands of people who don't have problems.

I've had my share (all minor save the roof).

I wish they would have offered red brawn for the 04's..I would have gone with that.
  • llajumpvidllajumpvid Member Posts: 76
    fyi Nissan's come out with TSB for a new support for the headliner to relieve the shaking monitor on the armada. Hopefully they'll put it in for the non-factory dvd/sunroof owners too.
  • davemandaveman Member Posts: 19
    I will give my feedback. I have about 8000 miles and have very few complaints. My service engine light seems to come on mysteriously at times, and I have a faint rattle under the dash somewhere. I took the vehicle to the dealer to fix the light, but naturally the light did not come on when it was at the dealer.

Other than that I have none of the problems you hear about on this site. I agree the ride is probably not as smooth as some other vehicles, but I knew that when I bought it. I think the power, styling, interior space and comfort of the Armada beats anything else out there.

Count me as one of the thousands of happy Armada owners.
    the engine light may have something to do with the gas cap. each time you fill up, turn it till it clicks at least 3 times to ensure proper vacuum pressure is in the tank.

if it is slightly loose, the engine light will come on.

also, if you take it in with the light on, and they determine that it is because the gas cap is not pressurized, then it will not be covered under warranty.
    I mentioned this about 4 weeks ago on this forum. This whistle (to my ears)happens at about 40-45 mph, under constant speed. I can make it come and go with a little bit of gas. I had the service manager hear this last time I was in, he said it may just be a little low on fluid.. When I picked it up, still had the whistle, and nobody said anything to me about it. I don 't call it a whine, because the typical whine is associated with rpm, is constant, and is usually from the rear differential. Anyone else with this issue?
    Paint scratches...definitely a warranty thing. I was told the plastic finish under the paint was not correct, so the paint would not stick. When I had my radio replaced they also replaced the steering wheel plastic. Only problem is....to the keen observer, one can tell the plastic is different in finish (more matte) and color(slightly lighter grey). Good luck.
  • llajumpvidllajumpvid Member Posts: 76
    soldaustin,
    there is a TSB that just came out for a fix on the clicking on take-off/acceleration. It's the same fix I'd posted earlier that someone else had had done. They re-grease and re-torque the axel hubs. I'd take it to a different dealership if you can and have it done there.
    jump
  • davemandaveman Member Posts: 19
    Thanks Bowke,

I will give the gas cap a try. Also - thanks for the warrning about the warrantee.
  • offroadnarmadaoffroadnarmada Member Posts: 65
    (reply to mess' post about scratches) unless there is a TSB out for this, I know for a fact that my dealership will just look at me funny. My controls are so scratched up you can't read most of the letters...

I just got mine back from the shop... seems that "both fuel sensors were broken." Also, they messed up my visor when they applied the roof TSB. And I have a part on order for my seat bottom and my armrest... My Armada has been in the shop 9 times now within 6 months of owning her. Everytime I get her back, something else is messed up.

I heard a few people were able to get nissan to go through the BuyBack procedures... does anyone have any idea what the limitations are for this? Between college and work, it is almost impossible to get this thing to and from the dealership, not to mention the hours it takes to get a rental.
    go to "questions for a car dealer" and ask driftracer. he is an expert in dealer fraud/lemon law cases.
  • godsongodson Member Posts: 3
    why is something like that not covered, it is there fault?
    it IS covered. they just didnt fix it right the 1st time or subsequent times.

however, nissan is very resistant to a buyback if it is not a major component (engine, tranny, drivetrain, safety equip.).

most of the problems have been squeaks and rattles, and unfortunately, that is not enough for a buyback.
    well you might be one if your armada was one of theres....all off the problems I am seeing with them has me a little weary of buying.
    ok everyone is talking on how great or garbage, I meant GARBAGE there armada is I want to know what the safety rating is from the NHTSA. I went to the site and there is nothing, I went to nissans site and nothing again, none of the dealers know and think it is strange that the vehicle has been out this long and there is no safety rating... hint (you should be scared.)Just because the vehicle looks big and safe does not mean that ie the 1998 mitsubishi montero sport. It looked great but failed or did poor on all the test.
    So I ask what is the safety rating?
    Replied in the other thread.. Check the Titans test results--It did very well..I doubt the Montero had the safety features of the Armada..i.e. side curtain airbags, side airbags, roll over sensors, stability control, etc.etc... These are some of the main reasons I purchased this particular vehicle. I just hope they function correctly, based on the other issues with the Armada ;-)
  • chuntmdchuntmd Member Posts: 17
    It's our16th wedding anniversary so I made a surprise weekend trip to
    Charlottesville, VA. Sat morning pull off I-95 in Fredricksburg VA for Bob
    Evans. Come back out and the Armada (9300 miles) won't start, it just
    cranks and cranks.

Got AAA to tow to Pohanka Nissan/Caddy/Honda... Luckily they are open till
    4pm on Sat. We got there at 11:30, they started looking at it at 2pm.

5 minutes till 4 they determine it is the Fuel Pump. Of course all the
    rental car places are closed they can't even place the order for the part
    till Monday AM. The service writer / manager was extremely nice and dropped
    us off at a hotel down the street and told us that AutoRents is open at
    10am Sunday.

Here is the ?:
    What is Nissan responsibility other than fixing the car?
  • 514329514329 Member Posts: 60
    they did on mine 2 times already but I guess it depends on your dealer and service advisor.
    nissan's warranty doesnt include trip interruption reimbursement, but you can lobby with them. sometimes they will, sometimes they wont.
  • 514329514329 Member Posts: 60
    yeah but still, they gave me a rental ( kia ) on the very first time I brought it in and at about 12:30pm they called and told me they have to order the part so I returned the rental car after only 4hrs. brought back my armada ( for rattles on the doors ) as soon as the parts came in and gave me a rental car again ( a brand new hyundai sonata )to drive while it took them only 4hrs.
  • klondike_x5klondike_x5 Member Posts: 33
    Well it's been 11,500 miles and I just had the brakes replaced and while I was there I told them about the roof TSB and I wanted it repaired as well..... They (nissan) order the parts and I will post if I notice any difference. For those of you who think they may have this problem but it's not that noticeable DO NOT OPEN your back windows it only makes worse. I didn't have a "real" roof issue but I drove home one day to show the wife what the roof noise sounded like, so i rolled down only my rear windows for about 5 miles before she couldn't take the sound anymore, but since then the noise has gotten progressively louder in the cabin. So keep them up until you are ready to have this fixed.
  • 81trekker81trekker Member Posts: 51
    We purchased ours on May 1st. It was built in March and is the basic SE. I did add the remaining skid plates and fog lights as I go off-road.

In the past two months, we have been to New York's Adirondacks and New England. Logged about 2600 miles on that trip. Just returned from trip to NC and WV mountains. Similar mileage and no problems, other than a lot of brake dust on front wheels. Will have brakes checked out next week at oil change.

I posted in May or June about my experience of taking it off-road in the GW National Forest on a road intended for ATVs, but wide enough for the "beast". It did fine and think I'm a good judge as I'm owned mostly 4Runner previously and have driven off road for 25 years.

Also, find it to be very comfortable for cruising on the Interstates. We're happy with our "beast".

81 Trekker
    I too went from a 4Runner to my Mada and was surprised at the agility and 4WD capability of these beasts. I have to say though that my Runner had far less problems than my Armada.
  • vikramvikram Member Posts: 1
    I bought the ARMADA October '03 (Sold my ML320) hoping to get a better and bigger vehicle. Besides engine power, this vehicle is pure junk (or worse - useless junk). Everything inside falling apart. Bought the LE without DVD and the DVD panel came apart in 6 months (never even touched it). Even worse is the Nissan service, absolutely useless and irresponsible people at 3 of their dealerships (in DFW area)....took them a month to order parts for the panel and sunroof....the sunroof they put in is a secondhand one....it is just a disgusting experience......while I should not compare Nissan service to Mercedes or BMW .... the customer service at Nissan is totally sub-standard ...... I will never ever buy a Nissan again ......
    dont hold back...tell us what you REALLY think.
  • rosie726rosie726 Member Posts: 40
    Well we have an appointment for October 19th to bring our Armada back for the 3rd time for the brakes. 1st time,machined rotors, 2nd time, replaced rotors and pads per TSB. Don't know what they can do different as we already have the "new upgraded" rotors but will let you know when it's done. Just for the record we now have 14000 miles and while we have other minor complaints, this is the big one!!
  • sub9904sub9904 Member Posts: 72
    Bowke28 just out of curiousity does the dealership you work at seen many brake problems?