Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Armada

1116117118119120122»

Comments

• paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    Don't know of any cars that show that. However on my cars that have moon roofs, I will hit the "close" button if I know I've used it. Similar to the windows. There is no indicator for the windows being open either. I've actually left the push-out windows open overnight by accident, but I didn't blame the vehicle, I blamed my own lack of checking!

-mike

PS: After seeing this thread I am thinking of suing Nissan cause they don't tell me the windows are open when I turn off the car! :)
  • actually I know for a fact the camry hybrid tells you its open :mad:
    Ah ha, but the camry hybrid can't tow nearly 10,000 lbs!

They'll probably add it down the line. Just like my 04 doesn't have signal mirrors or power folding mirrors or heated steering wheel.

It's very common for manufacturers to hold back on stuff and spread the goodies over several model years.

-mike
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    Push out windows? We're talking 2008 not 1978... :shades:
    I can see where this discussion is going. I'm pretty sure you're not going to trade for a Camry Hybrid though some owners have done some stranger things.

Even if there was a dash light for the moonroof you would still have to see it before turning the ignition off something that you might overlook. Wish we could be of more help but I'd keep the Armada over the Camry if I were you. ;)
  • not saying the trade..... my point was that toyota thought enough to show it on the dash for a 30k car that most can see when ever you get out but nissan has a 52k truck that sits so high you cant see it and wont even display telling you its open........
    :lemon:
    Push out windows? We're talking 2008 not 1978...

The 3rd set of side windows are "push out" style, albeit powered. :)

-mike
    not saying the trade..... my point was that toyota thought enough to show it on the dash for a 30k car that most can see when ever you get out but nissan has a 52k truck that sits so high you cant see it and wont even display telling you its open........

Neither does MB, Range Rover, etc. It's definitely not something that is COMMON, as I've been in the car realm for years and never heard of such a feature before. So why not start with the 100,000 luxury cars and then work down to the Armada? Seriously I think you are asking a bit too much, and if you paid $52k you got ripped off :(

-mike
    Thank my lucky stars that the moonroof feature is something I never use. In fact I never even notice it when driving. Isn't that something that Honda and Acura installed and made a standard feature on all their vehicles?

I find it interesting that a poster actually mentioned it but I digress as they say..whatever floats your boat.... ;)
  • Neither does MB, Range Rover, etc. It's definitely not something that is COMMON, as I've been in the car realm for years and never heard of such a feature before. So why not start with the 100,000 luxury cars and then work down to the Armada? Seriously I think you are asking a bit too much, and if you paid $52k you got ripped offmy point is they put alot of junk options that most will never use(ie rolling down windows remotely but you cant roll them back up remotely :confuse: ..... but not a simple display to show this it would cost them next to nothing to do it.... and I paid no where near that just quoting MSRP........
    BTW I do agree with your point regarding remotely rolling down but no way to roll it back up. I was kind of disturbed by it cause once in awhile my kid gets a hold of the remote and plays with it without me knowing. I've gone to my vehicle to find the insides a bit wet from rain cause he was "playing" with it or seeing my windows down because of him and having to go into the rain to put them back up.

Either way its a bummer.
    point is they put alot of junk options that most will never use(ie rolling down windows remotely but you cant roll them back up remotely ..... but not a simple display to show this it would cost them next to nothing to do it....

So why doesn't MB, Range Rover, etc. include it in theirs as well?

The remote up is not there because of liability issues. However it's easily installable aftermarket.

-mike
  • just because other manufactures include it does not mean it is not junk option.... liability you say how come they could not program it to stop when it hits an item the same way the rear hatch does? Funny how they let you remotely open and close the rear hatch.... :confuse:
    Ok you win, they should give us every option available and we should pay 20% less for it. Get a grip on reality. This isn't even a luxury brand, it might be a viable arguement on an Infiniti but this is a NISSAN!

-mike
  • never said it was a "luxury" truck but with a MSRP at 52K :shades: it cant be far off I was just making a point of some common sense items they missed that would cost next to nothing to add "in". While you were saying that they didn't do some for liability reasons and I just pointed out it didn't make sense considering what they did equip the truck with
    The windows up is definitely a liability issue, very common in the car industry. Unfortunately 52k is not a huge amount for the MSRP on cars these days, at least not full-size SUVs :(

Also no options, not matter how small are "no cost, or even low-cost" The R&D that goes into every option is a lot.

-mike
  • jim209jim209 Posts: 2
    I was looking at the Armada today, it had seat belts for 8 but no headrest in the third row middle seat. My Lexus GX had a removable headrest but the Armada didn't seem to have one at all. One salesperson said it could be added as an option and another said only certain models have the third head rest in the third row even though they all have a seatbelt there. Neither of these answers made sense to me. So, what is the deal with the third row middle seat?
  • Hello Armada Owners.
    I am new in this forum.
    Some advice reqiured...
    Planning to purchase 2008 Armada LE.
    still duoble minded????
    :confuse:
  • Armada Owners:

I am considering purchasing an '07 Armada with 2WD and am wondering how this vehicle will fare in snow. I am concerned that given the weight of the vehicle and the fact that it is rear-wheel drive that it will problematic in snow and icy conditions. I live in the mid-west so I'll be dealing with a fair amount of winter weather and a few hills, but certainly not any mountainous or rough conditions.

Any advice you can give me on this would be greatly appreciated.
  • I have a 2005 Armada and was stopped dead in the road yesterday when it began spitting and sputtering prior to stalling. About 15 minutes later, it started right up and worked like a charm until today.....same song second verse. I was thinking fule filter, but after looking at several posts, perhaps it could be something else? What can anyone tell me?
  • Quick question how long did it take the dealer to fix the clicking noise. Just got my new armada and started hearing the clicking noise to.
  • uga91uga91 Metro AtlantaPosts: 1,065
    Well, I'm no longer an Armada owner. We bought a 2008 SE model in December 2007 and traded it over the weekend. We liked it. It was comfortable and powerful. I think we'll miss it; but, we needed something easier to park in the crowded area we live in and I was tired of getting about 12 mpg. We bought a 2012 Sienna. We'll see how it goes. By the way, they gave me $17k for my Armada. I was okay with that. Good luck all.